Data Ticket, Inc. is looking to hire a full time .Net Database Developer! Are you a good fit to join our development team? We require a minimum of 4 solid years database administrative and programming experience. We're looking for a database professional that can do some coding as well.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Continuous improvement of our Microsoft SQL 2008 Database.
- Writing Store Procedures.
- Improving query performance.
- Writing maintenance scripts.
- Working to increase our compatibility mode from 80 to 100.
- Normalizing and maintaining a relational database.
- Managing indexes and other structural elements.
- Making suggestions for improvement.
Along with your main responsibilities of working with our database, you should be ready to be productive using the following development stack:
- VB.Net and/or C# with Visual Studio 2012
- Web Forms with ASP.Net
- Microsoft SQL (2008)
You may also be using:
- Team Foundations Server 2012
So familiarity is a huge bonus.
Part of your duties may include:
- Tracking and reporting on your projects.
- Working with Data Ticket Staff and also our clients to develop project definitions and time lines.
- Providing technical support.
- Learning new skills.
You should have:
- Ability to work in the US.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to read other peoples code.
- Positive attitude.
- Solid work ethic.
Be prepared to have a background check as some systems will require one.
As you might have assumed form the VB6 reference, we are updating a ton of software. We will need your help in improving the health and performance of our vital information assets. You should be comfortable with reading other programmers code and making modifications or better yet, improving it and migrating it to .Net.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.