DATA Employee Reviews

Very productive work enviorment
Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 27, 2016
Supporting global users with Software issues
I learned how to migrate computer from one net work to another
The management and the co-workers was great
Trying to keep up with the global users computer issues
Just doing my job
Pros
Consistantly learning
Cons
Ther were really none
Teamwork oriented and focused on completing the task at hand
Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 12, 2016
Going in, I knew the basics of database administration. Leaving it, I believe I learned everything I could there and I am well prepared on how to use what I learned in another business.
n/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  n/aOctober 4, 2016
Great job to start, there is a lot of potential, sadly there is way too much work, politics, and not enough money to compensate the employees. There should be more than just stocks to compensate.. for the lack bodies to fill for the amount of work.
Small Business, Local Service
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 12, 2016
Data Systems of North Florida is a friendly work environment with management dedicated to their customer base. It is a very diverse work environment with flexibility.
Pros
Good ownership.
Cons
Services mostly small businesses.
Review For Data
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2016
Good to start a career at this place. They give you the tools needed to succeed and always have management available for any questions, concerns, or comments.
NOpe
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  UtahAugust 31, 2016
just time to move on, too much reorg going on, they were a good company to work for. Good management, great coworkers, just need a change is all
okay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 13, 2016
Average at best. Needs improvement in every department, but good place to get first start experience. Would be a good place to work if management considered ideas of its employees.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Enjoyed working as a tech!
Repair Technician /Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INJuly 25, 2015
I loved the job for the first several years of my employment. I traveled for the company working long hours but was able to see that what I did mattered. The last couple years, was all hush hush and secretive to where no one knew what was going on. Then over a company conference call, they fired all but a few people and moved to Florida. The few that got to stay packed up the company.
Sales
Talent Opener (Current Employee) –  Studio City CaliforniaJune 24, 2015
As a talent opener, I make and dial phone calls to homeowners who at one point reached out for help with the mortgage. (loan mods) I ask basic questions and do pitches, then transfer or set an appointment for a closer to get in contact with homeowner. Very flexible job with tremendous room for income.
Pros
Little supervision, 1099
Cons
constant battle to move up to a closer
DLI is a good business to work for
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLJune 17, 2015
the company is a good business but it also has its downs, some days we are trying to build units but we have no parts to build them and we are waiting months to get the owner's approval on getting the parts paid and shipped to us so we can build units.
Pros
great health benifits
Cons
most of the time don't have parts to fully build units on time
Computer Reair
PC Technician (Personal Computer Technician) (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INMarch 6, 2014
Building and repairing tablet pc’s windows. Troubleshooting down to component level by reading and interpreting schematics. Repairing various makes and models of barcode scanners with lasers, imagers, GPS, RFID, cellular, WI-FI, magstrip readers, Ethernet, and USB. Assembly line work. Working with various test equipment and software. Working with Quality team to ensure quality products. Working with engineering team to solve manufacturing problems.
Cons
Worked for a friend's privately owned company
Technician / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INOctober 14, 2013
Each day I would build and/or repair barcoding devices. I learned how to build them, load various softwares and perform customer services duties when customers called. Management kept us on task. My co-workers were absolutely the best. The hardes part of the job was troubleshooting equipment breakdowns, and building units to be sent out that come back because of out of box failures. The most enjoyable part of the job was a very satisfied customer, especially when they called to tell us so.
Pros
working for a friend in a pleasant environment, even though it was very busy.
Cons
The healthcare benefits could have been better.
data-comm, rosendin electric, telecom svs, are great for health insurance, good pay
cable installer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 11, 2012
working day started with physical body movementes to warm up so to avoid injuries, distribution of tasks and review of safety duties, leads well informed, and commited to do the job done on time. by helping each other a good working environment is created so we were all working at our high commintment to maintainig standards of high quality and safety structured cabling installations
Pros
breaks, and lunch time, on time
Cons
working days were like too shorts
Rugged Tablet Manufacturer
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INOctober 9, 2012
A typical day consisted of calls to current customers & new opportunities to increase sales and provide excellent customer service. I learned much about sales, sale cycles, and closing. The hardest part of my job was finding quality prospects & working cooperatively with poor management. My manager changed 3 times in one year and I never received any formal training.
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with great companies & closing large dollar deals for my company. This was a great learning experience which helped me understand what I need and want in my future positions.
Pros
great products
Cons
little vacation time, poor benefits, & poor management
Independent work environment, close to home.
Entry/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 7, 2012
Typical day analyzing and correcting addresses with the use of Choice Point and UPS data programs. Confidential reports distributed to upper management based on daily totals use for next days volume and delivery committments.
Pros
challenging, problem solving work, self starter, independent work atmosphere, close to home
Cons
hours working 10pm-3am, no ft advancement available, benefits cut
Great place to work with great people
RECORDS ANALYST - CHESAPEAKE ENERGY (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2014
The culture at Chesapeake is great and so are the employees. Although there are a lot of changes going on with new management and higher ups there's a great feeling that things are turning around in the organization.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job is getting off at noon every Friday!!
Pros
Getting off at Noon every Friday and getting to wear jeans
Cons
Parking can be a nightmare
Relaxed work environment
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2013
Typically work is relaxed and easy going. I have learned many things about SAP and Fiber optics at this company. The management tries hard to keep it a fun and happy environment. The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is a small company and does not have a lot of opportunity for forward movement.
Pros
Relaxed environment, happy friendly people, relaxed dress code.
Cons
small company, lack of forward movement
Great place to work, excellent employer, great pay and benefits
Deployment System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 8, 2013
I have worked at the company as a government contractor and have been afforded a tremendous opportunity to learn and master new skills, receive certifications and broaden my skill set. I was also in a position that allowed me to travel the world, and that was an exciting aspect of my position. I have had the great luck to work with people from all walks of life and at all levels of management and rank. The hardest part of my job is the travel that takes me away from my family. But I make the best of it. Also, when you have a job as good as this one, you want it to last forever, but that isn't always possible, and that is a direct result of the way things have changed in the workplace.
Pros
Employee recognition and awards, Holiday Party, TEMs
Cons
All good things eventually come to an end at some point.
Very enjoyable workplace
DISPATCH CLERK, (Former Employee) –  Port Wenthworth GANovember 17, 2013
I like my job because it had a friendly,work environment.a learned great customer service skills. I had very nice coworkers that loved helping each other.dealing with different personalities. Didn't have have to experience a hard part of working there
Pros
We had work out equipment we can use to stay healhty. healthcare etc
Cons
laid off period
My first Tech job
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INMarch 23, 2015
This was a great place for me to get into the Technology field. It was small, though internationally officed. I was a person of actual experiential value. The pay was terrible for a skilled computer test position, but it is good entry-level work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DATA. Our community is ready to answer.