DATA Employee Reviews

room to expand knowledge
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 10, 2017
started out as work processor then moved to supervisor then to manager. they would rather promote from within then hire outside. wanted supervisor that understood the work that was being done.
Pros
promote from with in
Cons
Teamwork oriented and focused on completing the task at hand
Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 12, 2016
Going in, I knew the basics of database administration. Leaving it, I believe I learned everything I could there and I am well prepared on how to use what I learned in another business.
Very productive work enviorment
Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 27, 2016
Supporting global users with Software issues
I learned how to migrate computer from one net work to another
The management and the co-workers was great
Trying to keep up with the global users computer issues
Just doing my job
Pros
Consistantly learning
Cons
Ther were really none
Review For Data
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2016
Good to start a career at this place. They give you the tools needed to succeed and always have management available for any questions, concerns, or comments.
NOpe
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  UtahAugust 31, 2016
just time to move on, too much reorg going on, they were a good company to work for. Good management, great coworkers, just need a change is all
Small Business, Local Service
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 12, 2016
Data Systems of North Florida is a friendly work environment with management dedicated to their customer base. It is a very diverse work environment with flexibility.
Pros
Good ownership.
Cons
Services mostly small businesses.
okay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 13, 2016
Average at best. Needs improvement in every department, but good place to get first start experience. Would be a good place to work if management considered ideas of its employees.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Enjoyed working as a tech!
Repair Technician /Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INJuly 25, 2015
I loved the job for the first several years of my employment. I traveled for the company working long hours but was able to see that what I did mattered. The last couple years, was all hush hush and secretive to where no one knew what was going on. Then over a company conference call, they fired all but a few people and moved to Florida. The few that got to stay packed up the company.
Sales
Talent Opener (Current Employee) –  Studio City CaliforniaJune 24, 2015
As a talent opener, I make and dial phone calls to homeowners who at one point reached out for help with the mortgage. (loan mods) I ask basic questions and do pitches, then transfer or set an appointment for a closer to get in contact with homeowner. Very flexible job with tremendous room for income.
Pros
Little supervision, 1099
Cons
constant battle to move up to a closer
DLI is a good business to work for
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLJune 17, 2015
the company is a good business but it also has its downs, some days we are trying to build units but we have no parts to build them and we are waiting months to get the owner's approval on getting the parts paid and shipped to us so we can build units.
Pros
great health benifits
Cons
most of the time don't have parts to fully build units on time

Want to know more about DATA?

Ask a question
Goal Oriented Organization
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJApril 1, 2015
Being an It Specialist I was not directly related to the patients in my previous job. One day I overheard an unhappy/angry patient, I approached her talked slowly and calmly, used a low tone of voice. This helped her lower the tension, and ensured her that I am not escalating the situation by visibly getting stressed or upset myself. After that I made sure that I listened actively, carefully and humbly to her problems and complaints. I tried to be empathic, understanding, presented a solution and then stayed with her longer than my working hours until her solution was solved and she was happy.
I believe in collaboration because it is the ability to learn and share new ideas and skills among team members, with a broad array of experience. But the hardest thing is to keep everybody on track, managing conflicts, ensuring they know their responsibilities, and then focusing most of the time talking about how to overcome these challenges.
Best quality for a corporate environment:
I believe in having these qualities in order to achieve high quality standards results: Positive good attitude, positive behavior, courtesy, politeness, patience, understanding, knowledge, responsible, empathy, pro-active, dedicated, hardworking, quick learner and eager to adapt a new environment with a smile.
Pros
Management.
Cons
Healthcare.
My first Tech job
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INMarch 23, 2015
This was a great place for me to get into the Technology field. It was small, though internationally officed. I was a person of actual experiential value. The pay was terrible for a skilled computer test position, but it is good entry-level work.
Low stress pleasant enviroment to work
Estimator / Outsourcing (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 12, 2015
My normal day is checking bid sites for opportunities and screening through emails for estimates to put together for sales.
Also will go by production lines and spot check quality.
If I am running a project I will over see all aspects of production. this includes ordering materials, making sure all materials are received prior to going into production. Give direction and supervise employees on the line to insure production goals are met.

Management in this company can be somewhat lacking. Seems too much time is devoted to putting out fires instead of maintaining procedures to insure quality and production is met.

Co-workers are all professional and friendly

The hardest part of the job is when we are busy is being able to maintain focus due to wearing multiple hats.

Most enjoyable part of the job is everyone is treated like family
Pros
Location is not too far from home.
Cons
Sometimes there are slow periods where days drag by with nothing to do. I like to stay busy.
Director of Manufacturing and Design Engineering (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 9, 2015
Very fast paced focused on revenue above all else. Benefits are sufficient. Potential to be a big company one day but lack of communication and leadership from the top will hinder any progress.
Nice envernment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed work but its 12hrs duty . Management is good and cooperative.
Cons
In 12 hrs 50mins breake
Different kinds of work
Array of titles (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSSeptember 8, 2014
It was fun to learn all the different types of work there is. I got to meet many different people and learned many things.
Been part of such a fun project
Database Engineer (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 4, 2014
This project was a blast to be a part of and had fun with my team.
Great place to work with great people
RECORDS ANALYST - CHESAPEAKE ENERGY (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2014
The culture at Chesapeake is great and so are the employees. Although there are a lot of changes going on with new management and higher ups there's a great feeling that things are turning around in the organization.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job is getting off at noon every Friday!!
Pros
Getting off at Noon every Friday and getting to wear jeans
Cons
Parking can be a nightmare
Computer Reair
PC Technician (Personal Computer Technician) (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INMarch 6, 2014
Building and repairing tablet pc’s windows. Troubleshooting down to component level by reading and interpreting schematics. Repairing various makes and models of barcode scanners with lasers, imagers, GPS, RFID, cellular, WI-FI, magstrip readers, Ethernet, and USB. Assembly line work. Working with various test equipment and software. Working with Quality team to ensure quality products. Working with engineering team to solve manufacturing problems.
Travel, Quality Control and Data Collectins
Data Services (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 27, 2013
Gather ad maintain data for Utility Companies. Using state of the Art equipment to gather useful information as Contracted.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Travel