This position is to manage a multi-department, multi-location, diverse, complex organization and coordinate with other functions including IT, HR, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide efficient and effective operational leadership
- Translates strategy into actionable objectives and plans.
- Inspires in ways that are consistent with Data2Logistics values.
- Communicates expectations directly, openly and effectively.
- Establish site goals and objectives with the management team.
- Provide efficient and effective operational leadership.
- Ensure proper training, coaching, and development.
- Develop and ensure appropriate work standards and policies.
- Conveys sense of purpose and mission that motivates others.
- Maintains direction, balancing big-picture concern with day-to-day issues.
- Capitalizes on unanticipated opportunities and changing circumstances to meet commitments.
- Manage all aspects of the site operation.
- Holds self and others accountable for continuous improvement.
- All other duties as assigned
*****Supply Chain/Transportation Experience Desired*****
- Minimum of 5 years experience in managing a production process
- Experience running a small production facility or process
- Experience in managing a standardized production process with the ability to understand the difference between standardized production vs. shop production
- Experience in implementing production measurements
- The ability to distinguish what productivity, efficiency and utilization are
- Understands direct labor vs. indirect labor
- Experience and knowledge in reducing standard production process time from X to Y
- Able to take P/L ownership
- Displays strong leadership abilities
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Windows, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to lead the organization through continuous improvement
- Demonstrated operational success
- Be a problem seeker and to seek opportunities to improve processes.
- Must increase efficiency and assist others to achieve.
- Must have the ability to adapt to a very fast moving organization and be flexible and adaptive to an ever-changing environment.
- MBA in Business Administration or other related field with significant related experience. Education and minimums can be substituted with any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Data2Logistics is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) maybe called upon and required to follow other instructions or perform other duties/responsibilities requested by his/her Supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.
Indeed - 24 months ago