The Data Center Technician I (DCT I) is a front line responder for monitoring and troubleshooting the electrical and mechanical systems supporting the data center. These include CRAH/CRAC, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, VFDs, generators, ATS, paralleling gear, switchgear, UPS (both battery and rotary), PDU, and various other systems. Additionally, the DCT I responds to customer requests for assistance, providing basic remote hands support to the data center clients. These services can include rack and stack of IT equipment, hardware repair and changes, and eyes / hands at a terminal. Interfacing with servers, routers & networking gear, and various storage mediums.
- Primary duties: Responding to client requests for remote hands. Installing data cabling (CAT5/CAT6, SMF). Performing basic troubleshooting of communications & network circuits. Ensuring the continuous operation of the data center’s electrical, mechanical, plumbing and fire/life safety systems. Monitoring these systems through Building Management System (BMS) and Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) platforms. Conducting regular visual inspection of systems and their performance levels. Performing basic troubleshooting and trouble resolution. Supervising vendors during advanced troubleshooting and maintenance.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a data center / critical uptime environment or equivalent technical training (military / trade school).
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in one of the following areas:
2. Mechanical & Plumbing
3. IT / Networking
- AS / BS in an engineering or technical discipline.
- 4+ years working in a data center NOC environment.
- Electrical or mechanical journeyman license.
- CCNA/CCDA, BCNA, MCSE.
- DCT I: Shift 2B. Rotating 12 hour shift, 7 pm to 7 am every Monday through Wednesday and every other Thursday.
- DCT I: Shift 3A. Rotating 12 hour shift, 7 am to 7 pm every Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday.
- DCT I: Shift 3B. Rotating 12 hour shift, 7 pm to 7 am every Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday.