Datalink Employee Reviews

Was a great company
Telecomm Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 23, 2017
Was a great company...now they are part of a generic partial off shore conglomerate located 2000 miles away. Most local staff is now gone. Team interactions and company culture was inclusive.
Fun place to work, comfortable culture
AP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 21, 2017
Very much enjoyed my job at Datalink, Perfect location, good pay and great benefits, and enjoyed the beautiful view out the window, Fun bunch of people to work with and they treated workers very good
Pros
Free drinks, flexible start time
Aquired
Maintenance Renewal Associate (Former Employee) –  Eden PrairieJuly 20, 2017
Datalink has been acquired by Insight. Was a very good company to work for before they went public. Insight is quite large with processes that need to be refined to streamline productivity.
Ongoing organizational transition is not ideal
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2017
It is public knowledge that Datalink has been acquired by Insight. Although this may yield great results in the future, the present circumstance is not ideal to me personally. It is hard to judge the culture because I work fully remote. I have nothing bad to say about Datalink or Insight.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Instability
Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 13, 2017
This is a great place to work. Very nice people out going and wanting employees to succeed. They keep things on track and really respect individuals as professionals.
Productive and fun workplace. Datalink was a great place to work.
International Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 19, 2016
My typical day at the office was to process shipments on a daily basis. Working very closely with the Warehouse manager to ensure all data was entered correctly before sending out. I worked very closely with all levels of management. Was always available to lend a helping hand to my teammates and contributed during brainstorming sessions and meetings. I quickly learned their processes and systems. The hardest part of the job was to learn this position due to the fact the girl I replaced went out on maternity leave. She was not accessible after the birth of her child. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with upper management. My direct boss was the most supportive individual I have ever worked for.
Pros
At times I was able to work from home. Working with my co-workers was very rewarding.
Cons
Not knowing when my job was going to end. This part of Datalink was being relocated to Minnesota.
Fun workplace
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 23, 2016
relaxed environment, very casual, free soda, lots of updates and communication from upper management very supportive
Datalink
Advanced Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 8, 2016
Exposure to a wide range of technologies. Co workers were great to work with. Good salary, bonuses and compensation for cell phone and internet.
Potential Employees beware
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 28, 2016
Working for a managed services company is like working in the wild west. You are expected to wear many hats beyond your original duties. You're also expected to drop whatever you're doing at a moments notice because upper management has written a check that you must cash. Middle management is terrible, they're more app to feed you to the wolves than to work with you, if you show the slightest signs of struggling. Finally being constantly oncall can wear on ones soul.
Pros
Exposed to a lot of cutting edge technology, co-workers are friendly & fun to work with.
Cons
Read the review
Poorly Managed
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 27, 2016
A lack of true leadership has and will continue to hurt this Organization. Too many flip-flop decisions and poor decision making when it comes to market penetration, compensation and solution offering.
Great people, some of the smartest in the industry!
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
Fantastic experience with this company, recognized all around the country with a respected reputation. I received plenty of support when I first stared, which means a lot since this was the first experience in this industry. The people I work with made the experience much more enjoyable and less intimidating than anticipated.
Pros
Networking, education, confidence
Cons
compensation, lack of direction
n/a
Datalink - Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2013
you get what you put into the role. great benefits and pay if you are familiar with the offerings and sales
na
Senior Level Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MASeptember 30, 2013
The work is really easy, but the pay is a little above minimum wage.
Accounting & technology
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RISeptember 25, 2013
As a business owner the day is self paced

knowledge of QuickBooks and networking
Pros
my own boss
merchant services
Customer Service Rep/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  richardson,txJuly 31, 2013
Inbound and outbound call center for merchant service. handled new and existing acct for small to mid size business owners across the nation.
Pleasant environment, work independently, Flexible Boss
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2013
At Datalink I worked independently, which I enjoy. Each employee is very dedicated to their work, especially the owner. And the owner makes it an easy place to work. The office was always peaceful and happy, and I enjoyed my job very much.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Healthcare
Great place to work if you are product centric
Consulting Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Praire, MN (Nationwide)July 24, 2012
If you like a traditional VAR, then you will love Datalink. Beyond that if you looking for a career in any consulting discipline this is not the company for you as the sales force is only compensated on hardware and software sales.
A+ Employer
Senior Level Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 24, 2012
Great place to work, friendly staff, and management and the management was huge on employee success