Datavox Employee Reviews

good
STRUCTURED CABLING LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2017
Very competitive very stressful you always have to be on your toes and learn what you can from very little information and just hope your manager doesn't cut throat you there decision is made within the week you work to keep you or break you you better have tough skin
A Job for experience only then move on
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
There is no training for new employees on old and new technology. Just thrown into the job hoping you pick up it up. Management does not help even when asked for. There is no relationship while in the work place for management to help employees gain knowledge. Their thought process is you need to learn it for your self.
The good thing about the job was the company vehicle that you were able to take home. but the down fall to that is the deducted $10,000 from your salary.
Human Resources
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
Good employer to work for. Flexible hours. Great work environment. Flexibility, salary comparable with the position. I enjoyed working for them very much.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
Answered phones, maintained calendar, checked quests in and out.

Manager was ok.

Nice work place.

It wasn't a hard job. Slow paced.
Good place for a consistent pay check
Lead Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2017
The company leans on its sales and AV departments and both seem to be doing well. There are a few issues with departments lacking communication and management seeming out of the loop.
The benefits are industry standard, but the pay is lower than average. Getting a raise always seems to be a hassle. Getting a slight bump in salary never happens unless you get a promotion or you threaten to leave.
They also seem to never want to fire bad employees and lean on their leaders to carry the additional weight. They are good to their lead techs, but they move techs all over the place, which causes issues for the leads that managers don't really see.
Overall the employees are great and upper management does do small things to create a family feel to the company which is nice. They do random department lunches, tailgate parties during football season, and various other activities.
Pros
Always get 40 hours, Free drinks, seasonal parties
Cons
Pay is subpar, management can jerk you around, not forgiving when life outside of work happens
Stable work environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
Great starting place for someone right out of college. Excellent place to learn many new things. There is so much to learn, be patient.
Productive and fun working at every job sites
Security Install Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2015
I've learned a lot over the the years I've been with each company i feel that i have more room to learn new things but every position I've had over the years have already had me prepared for the next job or position I've had to face.
This is a good company to work for!!
Lead Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 13, 2015
This is the first company that i have worked at where management will get out in the field and work right beside you. You are also a name not a number, its like a big family. Its a great place to work
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2014
Hour lunch
Pay is good
Can move up in the company
Learning new things everyday
Pros
Day time hours
Cons
No weekends
Excellent company, exceptional people
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2014
I am proud to work for DataVox. My coworkers are exceptional people who are not only dedicated professionals but also great people to spend your day with. The business is growing and there are lots of new opportunities to learn, advance and expand your skill set. Management invests in its people and truly cares about them as a person. The work environment and the people are what have kept me – and so many of my team members - here for many years.
Professional and Progressive Enviroment
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
I have been employed at DataVox for a little over 6 months now and I am really satisfied with the work environment. I have worked with various employers in my past work experience and DataVox stands out and above all my previous employers. I received a warm welcome on my first day from all the supervisors, managers, and executives. From my experience, everyone here is treated with respect. Though I have only been with the company for 6 months, I have seen improvements within the company. The company promotes within the company. They are really great in ensuring that all DataVox employees receive compliments, encouragements, and guidance along their way so help the employees progress. Besides the standard benefits, there are many incentives offered by the company, many of which, include family day, various ice cream days, and sometimes even free lunches! The executives of the company really go above and beyond to reward their employees. I honestly could not ask for more in a company than what I have seen at DataVox. From employee to executives, everyone is supportive of your progress.
Pros
friendly work environment, wellness program, benefits, free lunches, employee appreciation, stability
Highest Standards in Business, Customer Service and Employee Relations
Director of Internet Marketing (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
I have been employed by DataVox since early 2007. Since my time here I have had the great pleasure of working with some of the most talented people anywhere in Houston. The executive team consist of men and women of the highest ethical standards - and who value their employees as integral members of the company. I have personally watched this company grow since 1988 when I worked for one of DataVox's competitors. All of those competitors have since vanished - yet DataVox has remained the premier technology company in Houston. I highly recommend pursuing a career at DataVox.
Pros
High Standards, Employee-Friendly
DataVox where you are a NAME not a NUMBER
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
It is so refreshing to work in an environment where you are a NAME and not a NUMBER. As a family owned and operated business you are respected and treated like a part of a team. As the largest technology company in Houston, I can't imagine working anywhere else. DataVox outshines all other technology companies in Houston and surrounding areas. If you want to work for the #1, apply at DataVox and be treated like it.
Account Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2013
Great job with friendly atmosphere. Owners are very respectful and willing to teach you the ways of the industry. Good opportunity for advancement within the company.
Great Work Environment
IT Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2013
Excellent place to work. Family environment, get to meet a lot of people. Get to stay on top of the latest technology
Pros
Training
Great for a ENTRY level person
Telecom Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2013
This company is all about making the sell, Customer service is obviously not a priority since the Techs are treated as 2nd class employees and this is the direct connection to the end user.
If you need a way in to IT and Telecom Data Vox will hire you just above poverty level salary and promise you the world.
Good luck!
Pros
Company truck and gas card
Cons
no future and no respect
Fun, Constantly Busy work environment
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2013
at DataVox, you are always busy working with employees and customers on projects. Great sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Professional and Efficient Company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2013
I have been working for DataVox for the last 2 years and it has been an excellent experience.
Challenging and Exciting
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2013
Challenging and exciting work environment. I work closely with all department project managing installations and upgrades.
Pros
Excellent work environment, Cutting Edge
Fast Paced
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2013
Fast Paced and challenging work environment, really enjoy co-workers and satisfaction of helping customers.
Pros
Training, Support, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Datavox. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3