Datawatch is currently seeking skilled and energetic Business Development Representatives to join our rapidly growing marketing team.
A Business Development Representative is responsible for proactive inbound and outbound prospecting and lead management. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualified prospects into the sales pipeline.
This role will act as a layer between marketing and sales - handle all first contact with new clients and build relationships through online and social media marketing activities. You will also be a part of our web community helping prospects and customers get the most value from their Datawatch investments.
The goal of a Business Development Representative is to take a lead from a marketing program, qualify and nurture the prospect until an opportunity is discovered at which point it will be delivered to the sales organization.
- Proactive inbound and outbound prospecting and lead management. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualified prospects into the sales pipeline.
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads and help refine marketing tactics
- Be an active social media contributor and Datawatch online community participant
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong in-person, phone and written communication skills.
- Ability to make formal and informal presentation to staff and clients.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications; knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies / new product capabilities and to translate them into value propositions.
- Experience with MS Excel and an interest in visualization and analytics is highly desirable.
- Desire to learn, grow and thrive. Recent college graduates encouraged to apply.