DataXu Employee Reviews

Growing almost too fast, but the excitement is real!
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2013
A typical day: come in, make myself a latté with our freaking awesome Jura Impressa espesso machine, pull myself together for the scrum, then get to work. Free lunch on Fridays, beer and wine after 4:30 pm. XBox and PS3 come on at 5:00. There's also an AppleTV for movie nights.

What I've learned: I'm STILL learning. This place really is on the bleeding edge. No one gets hired without completing at least one coding exercise, but even then, you'll probably feel lucky to have made it in. We're working with really BIG data. So big, Cloudera has their monthly user meetings HERE! The internal Wiki is truly awesome. Really love how much everyone uses it. If you can't find what you're looking for there, then you'll want to add it.

Management: Much improved. Our CEO is super serious, but clearly listens. It took a few high-profile departures to get management's attention, but the new "No Jerks" policy has definitely improved things immensely for the rest of us (non-management types).

Co-workers: Beyond the technology, it's the people that make working here great. We do a lot of company events & parties (Halloween, Holiday, Super Bowl, Ice Cream, etc.) and outings, such as Kimball Farm or DataXu Cares (one a month community activity helping food banks, schools, prison book dispensaries, Cradles to Crayons, etc.), so there a weekly opportunities to meet and interact. Everyone here is super bright, with a lot of diversity in terms of backgrounds and age-ranges.

Hardest part of the job: Honestly: Not thinking about it when I'm not here. This is probably more my problem than a company
  more... problem--although I know a others who share it. I've had to make real efforts to not check email or think about my projects when I'm not "working." On the other hand, some of the challenges we're working on are just that exciting that it's hard to not let yourself get sucked in.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Okay, now we're getting really subjective here, but in my case, beyond the perks (flex hours, cool people, free food, beer, espresso etc.) it's definitely about being able to work on a product that is doing incredible things and is definitely on it's way to even greater things (company's been growing 60% year-over-year since I started!)
great people, great perks, growing fast!
we keep running out of milk for coffee. not sure why they can't just order more milk!
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2013
Sometimes a fun place to work.
My coworkers are my friends.
Free lunch Fridays..yeah!