Datrose Employee Reviews

no stability of job, but amazing experience
Xray Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 28, 2017
The position I had was full time with great pay. I had the privilege of working with upbeat, supportive, and friendly people and made a few good friends in the process. Being a mom of 3, I just wish the position was a more stable one that guaranteed an around-the-year position for me.
Pros
friendly people, great pay, great experience
Cons
unstable
Great experience, wonderful networking experiences
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 13, 2016
The ability to support our country's top global defense company is a wonderful experience. The LM team is filled with highly educated engineers, managers, VP's and excellent programs.
Flexible
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2016
A place that is flexible and work/life balance. The culture is all about the customer and providing good customer service. They emphasize their customer service training.
No Job Security
SUPERVISOR / SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 28, 2016
All the management need to be changed. Starting with the director. Far as the call center agents they were great to work with.
Pros
working with a team
Cons
No Job Security
A fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 17, 2015
Great company to work for from the pay to the environment. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an IT position in the area.
Temporary POsition
Accounts Receivable Associate - SAP (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 29, 2015
Hired by Datrose to work for another company to handle accounts from a third company. Really interesting place to work.
Data Entry/Customer Service
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYApril 14, 2015
This company has a VERY HIGH expectation of accuracy involved in day to day operations. I was unable to reach this level. It was stressful for me.
Job was ok
Call Center Technican (Current Employee) –  DurhamApril 9, 2015
If you are flexible with your time and want to work hard, please apply to this company. Working for the company is great and you get paid vacations.
Pros
Stable..start out income
Cons
Schedule changes a lot
free lunch
Electrical Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 2, 2014
A typical day is on my feet all day and moving. Nothing learned. Management is ok. Co-worker are ok. The hardest part of the job is not getting hired after three years as a contract worker. The most enjoyable part of my job is lunch.
Pros
Work for four hours and get paid for eight hours
Cons
Be a contract worker for three years without getting hired
Productive workplace
Level 2 Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 16, 2014
Great opportunity for help desk experience, friendly workplace
Ok job if available
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2014
If job is available you can work not all great paying jobs. New management make it hard to work for them once you get use to one.
Great Pay Poor Benefits
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 7, 2014
You got paid weekly at the rate of $14 per hour but the company had a poor health plan. The job was also very easy to do.
Pros
pay rate, compensation, easy job
Cons
healthcare, advancement
Contract position
Dispute Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 2, 2014
It was for a one year position but ended after 3 months.

Very nice position but ended too soon.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short term
Horrible Company to work for
Kodak advisor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 17, 2014
Management is cut throat. They will fire you for ANYTHING.They fired my trainer while I was still in training. For NO reason! They refuse to give you vacation for the first year of working there. Beware...
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
No vacation for the first yr, Management is cut throat
A nice company to work for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYDecember 8, 2013
Just doing the best you can to and have a posittive attitude.
This place is a mess
Tech Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 11, 2013
TRAINING - is non-existent. Three weeks of sitting in a room with a Senior Tech (who is wonderful and great personality), but has not one skill in facilitation or training. We sat and looked at slides, had next to no hands-on experience. No clear training department or structure. Training was so backward...you'd do better quitting and going to go work in the photo-lab in CVS, since their training concept is geared toward teaching your the kiosks and not DOING YOUR ACTUAL JOB. you go 3-4 weeks sitting in a classroom to straight to the floor taking calls. If you were lucky, you may have shadowed someone for half a day in all that time. ...a mess.

HUMAN RESOURCES - The person in the office is nice enough, but i lost respect for her when she feigned ignorance of the cost of the benefits. If you are the Human Resources Manager...you should be able to give individuals the bare necessities that their WEEKLY insurance premium can run upwards of $178....A WEEK PEOPLE. and you response is, "I had no idea. I'm on my husbands insurance." Then please remove yourself from that office if you don't know the HR aspects of the job you're hiring people for! the insurance options are bogus. the BCBS plan is a NY policy. so you're paying NY insurance premiums on a NC salary. At the end of the day, as nice as the Manager is, you don't feel like HR is worth anything beyond offering the job. You won't see them once you start. The orientation was smoke and mirrors: all of management and upper management paraded in front of you and getting you all warm and fuzzy. but there was nothing
  more... of any use THOROUGHLY explained about the benefit packages. You pay 100% of your insurance premiums the first three months.....then the company picks up a nominal portion afterwards.

ATTENDANCE POLICY - To be honest I don't even remember what it is, and I'm still there. Just come to work.....don't be late, don't be tardy from breaks/lunches...and you'll be fine. Honestly, it's a call center.....punctuality is paramount. The call center is open 365 days a year.

THE JOB - It's foolish and they know it. You take incoming calls from stores that have the Kodak kiosks in them, troubleshooting any kind of issue. This isn't REALLY a tech support position, but whatever pads your resume right? Attrition is sky high because people stick around long enough to get 1 year on the resume and get the heck out of there IMMEDIATELY! The Senior Tech chat is A MESS. Just imagine having to ask a group of people that visualize themselves as Einstein's and you can imagine the attitude and pompousness you'll experience. Everyone speaks from the frame of mind you've been there as long as them and should kinda know this stuff. You type your questions in the chat and sit there and wait for a response. Mind you, you have already put your caller on hold to "research". Well each one of those Senior Tech's may be helping 5 other reps in individual chats........along with them talking to each other.

The problem with this organization is there is NO training structure....which means when you're released to do your job, you're just flung out there and told to instant message the Senior Techs/and ask people that sit around you.

the only good thing about asking people that sit around you is they're sympathetic to the mess you were just subjected to in training and are quick to help. And your fellow Tech Reps help you MUCH BETTER than the Senior Techs.

Don't get me started on the system called Right Now! a mess.

QUALITY DEPT - When you are in orientation and the head of the Quality Dept says, "We are the be all end all. If you don't agree with your quality score, it's really on us if we want to change it or not." ...i was pretty much done. Whenever a Quality Manager makes NEW EMPLOYEES feel like they have absolutely no recourse if they disagree with a quality score, you can pretty much tell where the morale of the reps has gone. sure enough, while having discussions with reps that have been there 6 months - multiple years, Quality is the reason people jump ship. They don't feel they're scored fairly. ....let's not talk about the one Quality Analyst who looks you up and down and has the most condescending tone to his voice. And acts as if he could care less about what you think, or attempts to communicate in an effort to educate you.....he just talks to hear himself speak and switches around putting on airs. And all he does is listen to peoples calls and critiques them. It's not that serious.

THE TEAM MANAGERS - Honestly, they all come across nice. Nothing really bad to say about them. I think they are pointless really. They are just figure heads. Most call center managers are just there to manage attendance issues....so I guess in that respect they do their job. They are all approachable and amiable. I think they are sympathetic to the foolishness of the call center structure and try to support you as best they can. Really they are the main ones that should be pushing for a restructuring of the call center operations, but I suppose they're all complacent. Most of them don't even expect the new hires to even stick around for a long period of time

OVERALL - it feels like it's a temp job, and not very stable.
Pros
there are none
Cons
many
work ,work and work, cancel your personal life and work some more
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Durham,NCAugust 5, 2013
This place is a horrible place to work. There is no work/life balance. you are asked to do multiple positions for the same money. The pay rate is pretty good, but benefits are 100% out of your pocket, and no PTO for 1 year, unless you purchase it. Excuses are constantly given as to why you can't get a increase, but some are promoted to mgmt. positions and they constantly increase their pay. The assignment with the client (Kodak) is uncertain and you are unsure of job stability. You are set up for failure and any concerns with the online HR director only results in her going back to the person (especially mgmt.) who you complained about and letting them know, so that you are reprimanded. People are written up depending upon there feelings toward you and not based on incident. Yes the call center manager is supposedly having a inappropriate relationship with the client, which makes employees respect her even less. Vacation time is also granted based on favorability. You are not expected to actually fix the issues that arise over the phone, just take calls, so that the SLA remains low and within goal. Your relief comes, in working with some pretty good people as co-workers. Others tend to have numerous conversations about sex and race openly and in offending ways, and mgmt. just laughs and goes on. If you are desperate and just need a job, then this is a place to start and a pretty good stepping stone, but as soon as you are hired, update your resume and keep looking for something better.
Pros
stepping stone, networking opportunity
Cons
management, benefits, workplace environment/culture
A fast paced, technically diverse support call center
Technical Resource Center Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 27, 2013
Datrose is partnered with Kodak Service and Support to provide technical support for a variety of Kodak equipment, including Kodak picture kiosks, the Apex dry lab, third party wet labs, various major retailer online photo services, as well as retailer specific network configurations.
Amazing staff, terrible attendance policy
Call Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 1, 2013
If you enjoy change, a team environment and solid training, then this could be the job for you. They have a high turn over rate due to their unusual attendance policy. You don't get raises, but start off at a solid hourly rate. The benefits are terribly expensive. Your co-workers will be very fun and easy to talk to. You can be promoted easily, but you don't get a pay raise. Their work hours are 7am-10pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Yes, you could be working on Christmas (with no holiday pay).
Interactive and Interesting place to work
Data Integrity Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Rochester, New YorkApril 29, 2013
A typical day includes registering warranty product registrations, fixing various records in Kodak's database, corresponding with Field Engineers, meeting/reporting with management.
I have been trained on collecting data, correcting equipment files, efficiently handling the needs of field engineers and I gained a significant increase in the accuracy/speed of my data entry.
My coworkers and I worked both individually and as part of a team.
The most difficult part of my job is not knowing if my position will remain. The most enjoyable part of my job has been my training thus far. I believe it has made me a much stronger candidate for my next position.
Pros
Promotion, on the job training, pay, benefits, schedule
Cons
health insurance costly, unsure of job security due to changes within company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Datrose. Our community is ready to answer.