Datrose

Datrose Employee Reviews

Job was ok
Call Center Technican (Current Employee), DurhamApril 9, 2015
Pros: Stable..start out income
Cons: Schedule changes a lot
If you are flexible with your time and want to work hard, please apply to this company. Working for the company is great and you get paid vacations.
free lunch
Electrical Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: work for four hours and get paid for eight hours
Cons: be a contract worker for three years without getting hired
A typical day is on my feet all day and moving. Nothing learned. Management is ok. Co-worker are ok. The hardest part of the job is not getting hired after three years as a contract worker. The most enjoyable part of my job is lunch.
Productive workplace
Level 2 Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 16, 2014
Great opportunity for help desk experience, friendly workplace
Ok job if available
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 16, 2014
If job is available you can work not all great paying jobs. New management make it hard to work for them once you get use to one.
Great Pay Poor Benefits
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 7, 2014
Pros: pay rate, compensation, easy job
Cons: healthcare, advancement
You got paid weekly at the rate of $14 per hour but the company had a poor health plan. The job was also very easy to do.
Contract position
Dispute Analyst (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short term
It was for a one year position but ended after 3 months.

Very nice position but ended too soon.
Horrible Company to work for
Kodak advisor (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: no vacation for the first yr, management is cut throat
Management is cut throat. They will fire you for ANYTHING.They fired my trainer while I was still in training. For NO reason! They refuse to give you vacation for the first year of working there. Beware...
A nice company to work for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Webster, NYDecember 8, 2013
Just doing the best you can to and have a posittive attitude.
This place is a mess
Tech Support Representative (Current Employee), Durham, NCNovember 11, 2013
Pros: there are none
Cons: many
TRAINING - is non-existent. Three weeks of sitting in a room with a Senior Tech (who is wonderful and great personality), but has not one skill in facilitation or training. We sat and looked at slides, had next to no hands-on experience. No clear training department or structure. Training was so backward...you'd do better quitting and going to go work in the photo-lab in CVS, since their training concept is geared toward teaching your the kiosks and not DOING YOUR ACTUAL JOB. you go 3-4 weeks sitting in a classroom to straight to the floor taking calls. If you were lucky, you may have shadowed someone for half a day in all that time. ...a mess.

HUMAN RESOURCES - The person in the office is nice enough, but i lost respect for her when she feigned ignorance of the cost of the benefits. If you are the Human Resources Manager...you should be able to give individuals the bare necessities that their WEEKLY insurance premium can run upwards of $178....A WEEK PEOPLE. and you response is, "I had no idea. I'm on my husbands insurance." Then please remove yourself from that office if you don't know the HR aspects of the job you're hiring people for! the insurance options are bogus. the BCBS plan is a NY policy. so you're paying NY insurance premiums on a NC salary. At the end of the day, as nice as the Manager is, you don't feel like HR is worth anything beyond offering the job. You won't see them once you start. The orientation was smoke and mirrors: all of management and upper management paraded in front of you and getting you all warm and fuzzy. but there was nothing of any use THOROUGHLY – more... explained about the benefit packages. You pay 100% of your insurance premiums the first three months.....then the company picks up a nominal portion afterwards.

ATTENDANCE POLICY - To be honest I don't even remember what it is, and I'm still there. Just come to work.....don't be late, don't be tardy from breaks/lunches...and you'll be fine. Honestly, it's a call center.....punctuality is paramount. The call center is open 365 days a year.

THE JOB - It's foolish and they know it. You take incoming calls from stores that have the Kodak kiosks in them, troubleshooting any kind of issue. This isn't REALLY a tech support position, but whatever pads your resume right? Attrition is sky high because people stick around long enough to get 1 year on the resume and get the heck out of there IMMEDIATELY! The Senior Tech chat is A MESS. Just imagine having to ask a group of people that visualize themselves as Einstein's and you can imagine the attitude and pompousness you'll experience. Everyone speaks from the frame of mind you've been there as long as them and should kinda know this stuff. You type your questions in the chat and sit there and wait for a response. Mind you, you have already put your caller on hold to "research". Well each one of those Senior Tech's may be helping 5 other reps in individual chats........along with them talking to each other.

The problem with this organization is there is NO training structure....which means when you're released to do your job, you're just flung out there and told to instant message the Senior Techs/and ask people that sit around you.

the only good thing about asking people that sit around you is they're sympathetic to the mess you were just subjected to in training and are quick to help. And your fellow Tech Reps help you MUCH BETTER than the Senior Techs.

Don't get me started on the system called Right Now! a mess.

QUALITY DEPT - When you are in orientation and the head of the Quality Dept says, "We are the be all end all. If you don't agree with your quality score, it's really on us if we want to change it or not." ...i was pretty much done. Whenever a Quality Manager makes NEW EMPLOYEES feel like they have absolutely no recourse if they disagree with a quality score, you can pretty much tell where the morale of the reps has gone. sure enough, while having discussions with reps that have been there 6 months - multiple years, Quality is the reason people jump ship. They don't feel they're scored fairly. ....let's not talk about the one Quality Analyst who looks you up and down and has the most condescending tone to his voice. And acts as if he could care less about what you think, or attempts to communicate in an effort to educate you.....he just talks to hear himself speak and switches around putting on airs. And all he does is listen to peoples calls and critiques them. It's not that serious.

THE TEAM MANAGERS - Honestly, they all come across nice. Nothing really bad to say about them. I think they are pointless really. They are just figure heads. Most call center managers are just there to manage attendance issues....so I guess in that respect they do their job. They are all approachable and amiable. I think they are sympathetic to the foolishness of the call center structure and try to support you as best they can. Really they are the main ones that should be pushing for a restructuring of the call center operations, but I suppose they're all complacent. Most of them don't even expect the new hires to even stick around for a long period of time

OVERALL - it feels like it's a temp job, and not very stable. – less
work ,work and work, cancel your personal life and work some more
Technical Support (Former Employee), Durham,NCAugust 5, 2013
Pros: stepping stone, networking opportunity
Cons: management, benefits, workplace environment/culture
This place is a horrible place to work. There is no work/life balance. you are asked to do multiple positions for the same money. The pay rate is pretty good, but benefits are 100% out of your pocket, and no PTO for 1 year, unless you purchase it. Excuses are constantly given as to why you can't get a increase, but some are promoted to mgmt. positions and they constantly increase their pay. The assignment with the client (Kodak) is uncertain and you are unsure of job stability. You are set up for failure and any concerns with the online HR director only results in her going back to the person (especially mgmt.) who you complained about and letting them know, so that you are reprimanded. People are written up depending upon there feelings toward you and not based on incident. Yes the call center manager is supposedly having a inappropriate relationship with the client, which makes employees respect her even less. Vacation time is also granted based on favorability. You are not expected to actually fix the issues that arise over the phone, just take calls, so that the SLA remains low and within goal. Your relief comes, in working with some pretty good people as co-workers. Others tend to have numerous conversations about sex and race openly and in offending ways, and mgmt. just laughs and goes on. If you are desperate and just need a job, then this is a place to start and a pretty good stepping stone, but as soon as you are hired, update your resume and keep looking for something better.
A fast paced, technically diverse support call center
Technical Resource Center Team Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 27, 2013
Datrose is partnered with Kodak Service and Support to provide technical support for a variety of Kodak equipment, including Kodak picture kiosks, the Apex dry lab, third party wet labs, various major retailer online photo services, as well as retailer specific network configurations.
Amazing staff, terrible attendance policy
Call Center Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 1, 2013
If you enjoy change, a team environment and solid training, then this could be the job for you. They have a high turn over rate due to their unusual attendance policy. You don't get raises, but start off at a solid hourly rate. The benefits are terribly expensive. Your co-workers will be very fun and easy to talk to. You can be promoted easily, but you don't get a pay raise. Their work hours are 7am-10pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Yes, you could be working on Christmas (with no holiday pay).
Interactive and Interesting place to work
Data Integrity Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Rochester, New YorkApril 29, 2013
Pros: promotion, on the job training, pay, benefits, schedule
Cons: health insurance costly, unsure of job security due to changes within company
A typical day includes registering warranty product registrations, fixing various records in Kodak's database, corresponding with Field Engineers, meeting/reporting with management.
I have been trained on collecting data, correcting equipment files, efficiently handling the needs of field engineers and I gained a significant increase in the accuracy/speed of my data entry.
My coworkers and I worked both individually and as part of a team.
The most difficult part of my job is not knowing if my position will remain. The most enjoyable part of my job has been my training thus far. I believe it has made me a much stronger candidate for my next position.
Nice and friendly place to work, with fast production.
Manufacturing (Current Employee), Webster, NYMarch 12, 2013
It is a friendly work environment. A normal day consists of going in in the morning and running the units (portable x-ray machines). I would do this until the unit I was on had its burn-in complete. Then move onto the next unit. Hardest part of the job is figuring out issues with the units when they arise. Most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that once I finish a unit, that is one more unit out the door for production for the company. Management is friendly yet strict. Good people to work for.
No good, don't work here
Call Center Technician (Current Employee), NCJuly 25, 2012
The benefits are no good, they don't care about their employees. Good luck with getting a raise. They make it hard for their employees to have a life outside of work. So please don't expect to have a balance with work and life.
One of my favorite employers thus far!
Technical Response Agent (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 15, 2012
Pros: home-like atmosphere, knowledgeable staff, room for advancement
Cons: very expensive benefits plan
As far as employers go, this one tops my list! A typical workday at Datrose is like a home away from home. Every one of my co-workers treat me like family and the managerial staff is awesome! Upon request the management takes it upon themselves to encourage career advancement and properly train the employees with the necessary skills for customer service that I personally would recommend for every organization. Of course, the most difficult part of the job is solving cases that present an extreme technical challenge, but my co-workers are always there, willing and ready to assist; teamwork being the most enjoyable part of the job. I give Datrose to big THUMBS UP!!!

January 23, 2013

This poster is in management and is lying about what a great place Datrose is to work. The workers there are underpaid, unhappy and cant wait for the economy to get better to quit. No affordable benefits. No communication. They fire people so they dont have to pay unemployment or they make your life so miserable that they force you to quit. You can never count on your schedule since it changes all the time. They make reps move seats just about every 2 weeks. I finally got fed up. Got a new job and I am happy.

Datrose Salaries