DATTCO Employee Reviews

Kids suck
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 25, 2017
This is a great place to get your CDL and find another job. They can train you to drive but can never teach you how to deal with children. I NO LONGER LIKE KIDS because of this job. No one here cares about how stressed you are. No vacation time. Requesting time off paid or unpaid is automatically denied. Manchester location doesn't have enough drivers on hand because of the low pay.
Pros
Free CDL, breaks in the middle of the day
Cons
Bad kids, No one cares, low pay, Union sucks
easy and fun place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTSeptember 13, 2017
the dattco shop I worked at was easy and fun. I learned a lot from it. I enjoyed working there. The management are nice people. The hardest part of the job was doing the defects after each other.
Driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 3, 2017
Drive student to school comunicaciĆ³n with other responsibilities and focus be friendly and be serious always be on time I work we spacial kids wheel chair and be with imt
Good company
Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 31, 2017
If your going to school, this is a great company to work for while attending.

The pay is also great!!!! They always go up by a dollar and the owners are great
Pros
Great hours
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 22, 2017
That was my first experience as bus driver. The training was fun and little scary at the bigginning but,when i got use to it i want stay driver the whole day...Unforgettable experience with Dattco and at the highest paid rate...
interesting people
School bus driver/dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTAugust 2, 2017
worked with people from different countries,learn how to speak french drive different buses,drove to different areas of New York City
also drove out of state
Pros
summers/ holidays off
Cons
driving through snow
family place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJuly 22, 2017
it was a typical day at work. I really learned how to drive school buses. the drivers worked well with one another. The hardest part of the job was the roads in inclement weather, we managed. The best part of the job was two things, one the people there, and two bringing my child to work with me everyday.
Pros
the split shift
Cons
bad weather
Excellent workplace
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJuly 17, 2017
Strict and serious. Friendly and corteous multinational environment. Fun to work for. Management is excellent. The schedule. Being a part time job split my day in two. Leaving a gap of about four idle hours .
If you like to drive a ton, they'll love you
Motorcoach Operator (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 8, 2017
Overall, I had a good experience there. As a driver you just need to stick up for yourself and you'll have a decent experience. Don't drive over your legal hours, always do a full pre-trip, report any problems with your vehicle, and don't accept shifts if you will be tired. Dispatch may not like it when you tell them no, or I need a different bus, but no one holds it against you.
I would like them to be a bit more generous to the drivers though. When I first started we got safety bonuses, christmas bonuses, and a employee picnic at Lake Compounce - by the time I left all that had been taken away.
Great company to work for and grow
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAJuly 6, 2017
Coming from a family business it is nice and refreshing knowing that Dattco takes the same approach to their employees. When at meetings and seminars to hear stories about the family business and how they began and operated is something special. It is a great company to work for and I am learning a lot as I go to build a successful branch location.
Pros
work environemnt, support
Cons
healthcare
Fast pace all day everyday
Dispatcher/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 3, 2017
The only thing I dislike, we rotate managers every year. The employees are great to work with it's the management team. a lot of favoritism. The new Managers talks very disrespectfully to his employee's.
Pros
Getting along with my coworkers.
Cons
Management team so rude and talks down on thier employees
School Bus Driving.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJuly 2, 2017
Enjoy driving the 40 foot bus, because it is challenging and I like challenges. The kids were fantastic and listened to me when necessary.

The Management was always there to answer any questions that I had, so I was always on the right path.

Training was a big benefit.
Very positive experiene
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East HartfordJune 27, 2017
DATTCO is unlike any other bus company I have worked at. The upper management is hands on and takes the time to get to know their staff. They respect their drivers and allow opportunity for people to openly speak and suggest ways the company can improve their services. The employees are happy and seem to be satisfied with their careers. It is like being surrounded by a bunch of happy worker bees!
challenging ,rewarding ,growing company
Body Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 27, 2017
i have been an employee with the company for 25 years, I have seen and been apart of many projects and growing stages ,the company has job security in the industry , opportunity's for advancement , ,still growing
Pros
job security, rewarding
Cons
some long days
Very productive and Fun Place To Work.
Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 26, 2017
A typical work day at Dattco will be very constructive and meaningful.
It is hard to find a job that cares about their employees as Dattco does. The management team is easy to work with and will fix problems that happen during the coarse of the day in a timely manor. As far as the culture, Drivers and management, including the safety department work hand in hand making most activity's seamless causing Dattco's Coach Operators and drivers to be some of the best in the country. Hardest part of the job is sometimes going away from family for days at a time. The most enjoyable is after the trip, a job well done from the customer and acknowledgement from the company for going above and beyond.
Pros
New Busses
Cons
Taking longer than expected to get to a breakdown.
Where you are part of the family
Communications & PR Manager (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 12, 2017
As a family owned and operated business, DATTCO makes all of its employees feel as though they are a major contributor to the success of the company. Everyone is encouraged to learn about different aspects of the company and grow from within. Many have worked here for decades, and have held varied positions - the sky truly is the limit here. Management is open to new ideas and innovative ways of thinking.
nice working with new people
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 15, 2017
working for dattco was nice you finish your morning run and come back for the afternoon its a nice job meeting new people its a good job for parttime
Pros
i get home in time to get my son off the bus
Cons
nices breaks before you got to go back to work
Friendly place
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTMay 8, 2017
Family oriented atmosphere, typical day is driving kids to and from school safely. Management is good. The hardest part of job is if you are a spare. The enjoyable part of the job is that you can bring your child to work with you.
make sure everyone come in on time for there routes plan for the next day and week
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 29, 2017
Dispatching all the drivers to go on there routes cover any routes for any drivers that was out that day. routings students to ride the schools buses
Pros
started work early and got to leave earliy
Cons
shorts breake benefits
loved working for them
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 15, 2017
i enjoyed my job as a driver. taking the kids to and from school. and to trips. getting them to and from safely. great job flexibility. great pay. great environment.
Pros
great flexible schedule
Cons
wish for more hours year round

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DATTCO. Our community is ready to answer.