Datto Employee Reviews

I had a wonderful time working there as a mechanical engineer intern
Hardware Design Engineer, Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2017
The office was really fun and I never felt put down or discouraged to try new things. It is not a business where mechanical engineers are truly needed
"Datto and Compliance is not compatible"
Sr. Security and Compliance Analyst (FTE) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 26, 2017
That was what I was told repeatedly when I was hired to be their compliance analyst. They only want to be compliant because Amazon is - not do the work actually become compliant. They thought it was just answering an auditor's questionnaire, get the certification stamp so they could sell more product. It was a struggle to do the right thing to implement a sound security and compliance program to ensure compliancy,
Pros
Free lunch on Friday, lots of free snacks. Casual dress code.
Cons
You must go through indoctrination to meld into the borg.
Productive and fun place to work.
Channel Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 7, 2017
It is difficult to describe all this because of certain proprietary information that I am not at liberty to disclose. Its a fast growing company and as such, there is always something new and exciting happening.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
competitive
This office was cool and the company provided nice things for the employees to use.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 6, 2017
The environment was cool but EXTREMELY stressful. I constantly had feelings that I wasn't good enough because communication was so bad. The hiring process is rather shady, and I've heard that from several people as well as experienced it myself. It is quite unfortunate that they are like this, because it makes me believe that the company and the people working in it are deceitful or selfish. The pay was great, though.
Weak leadership in a frat house environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 10, 2017
Leadership team does not seem to have the right experience or enough experience to move the company forward. Good if you're a guy who likes a frat house environment - you'll feel right at home. Don't expect a lot if you are a female who would like a career path.
Pros
Young fresh environment
Cons
Too many egos to make progress
The place everyone wants wants to work.... Until you get there...
Director (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 13, 2017
The best worst job I've ever had. They pay well, spoil you rotten, you can play in the ball pit, shoot your colleagues in a never ending nerf war, build a sculpture on the lego wall, even enjoy a nap in one of the sleep pods when your tired out from all the fun.

However, this is a very clique group and youll feel like your back in middle school. The inexperienced management team doesn't take any accountability for their mistakes, employees are expected to work on weekends and holidays with no exceptions when deemed necessary. If you upset the wrong person or if a member of the original team feels threatened by you in any way professionally, you'll be released shortly after regardless of your own job performance..

I wouldn't recommend anyone seekihg a long term role or a life outside of work apply here. Anyone who works or has worked there knows the above to be accurate and true.
Pros
Free lunch, weekly events, unique fun based culture
Cons
Unique culture. Low quality of life. Datto becomes your life, if not, goodbye. Management not accountable
Management is not organized
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Unorganized, not structured, lack of communication. HR has unethical practices. They have great benefits, but as a whole they lack the appropriate structure needed.
Tech start up with lots of growing pains yet
Technical Support Expert (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2016
As a member of Datto Technical expert I worked as part of a team to provide support for Datto backup solutions to managed service providers
⦁ Timely response to incoming customer support inquiries via email and phone.
⦁ Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and adherence to partner service level agreements.
⦁ Log all customer contact in the support ticketing system, maintaining complete and accurate information.
⦁ Develop and maintain strong technical and business expertise of Datto products.
⦁ Develop and maintain strong understanding of Datto customer requirements and processes.
⦁ Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
⦁ Work collaboratively with team members to insure timely responses and resolutions to customer problems.
⦁ Work collaboratively with internal partners to manage customer interactions.
Pros
Free health care, free food
Cons
horrible tech support supervisors with no tech experience, terrible work load balance, very unstable work environment.
Company review
Partner Accounts Admin (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 30, 2016
Great company to work for! There's always room to grow within the company. Datto is always hiring interns, and most of the time the interns are always offered a full time position at the end of their internship.
Pros
Free lunch fridays, arcades
Amazing place to start or continue a career in technology
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 29, 2016
Amazing people, amazing place to work, and cool perks throughout the company. Most people will agree that it's definitely a cool place to work, and you become really close with your team.
Pros
Snacks everywhere, healthcare, the people there
Cons
Customers can be a pain sometimes
Never a dull moment; high growth opportunities.
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 1, 2016
You have a lot of flexibility but as well as high expectations in getting your work done. Our partners is our primary concern. There's never a day in which you don't learn anything new. Management is down to earth, supportive, and actually cares about your career growth. They are transparent and give you enough incentives to keep you there. Coworkers are easy going and you can get along with just about anyone. Hardest part is that there's not enough hours in a day to complete your projects and you can end up sacrificing your own personal hours to please a partner or two. Then again, that can also be the most rewarding as you genuinely receive recognition for going above and beyond. I'd love to work for this company for a very long time.
Fun
Trouble Shooting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 17, 2016
A typical work day involves troubleshooting backup issue's
I learned command line troubleshooting with zfs
management was very helpful
my coworkers were very helpful
stabilizing virtual machines
performing successful mare metal restores was enjoyable
Pros
free lunch weekly
Cons
short breaks
Working at Datto is Awesome
Technical Support Expert (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2016
Choosing to work at Datto has been one of the best moves I've made so far in my young career. I never thought I would love waking up everyday to come into work. It's a great feeling loving what you do and even better loving the people that you work with as well. There is a great atmosphere that we have going on, everybody is super friendly and willing to go out of their way to help one another for an issue we get stuck on. I have also learned a tremendous amount of knowledge regarding Linux, ZFS and other things that we use on a daily basis. Although the work is challenging (very challenging at times), it's also very rewarding and the management makes sure to go out of their way to show you that they appreciate your work that you do. Free lunch Friday's and company outings are also really fun!
Pros
Awesome atmosphere, great co-workers, transparency
Good concept, Poor implementation
operations associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2015
I enjoyed doing the duties of my job, supporting the building and employees. The management however seems to value dishonesty over integrity, very little communication, always negative.
Pros
Good salary, friendly employees
Cons
Poor management
Fun work environment but young company
Channel Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 10, 2015
- Datto is a great company with a great product and is not going anywhere. Problem is, they have young managers with zero sales experience other than Datto and cannot deliver support for reps to grow. Company favors "veterans" and very little opportunity to excel. High turn around as the company let go the VP of Marketing, CFO, veteran sales reps, lead generation, etc to hit company goals.
Pros
Free Lunch Fridays, "Unlimited Sick Days", Fun work environment, young staff, fun holiday parties
Cons
No work-life balance, long hours, Channel Only, young/inexperienced management, etc.
Good Culture
Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  NOrwalk CTApril 24, 2015
Good company things are growing fast. They take care of their employees. Fun parties and benefits. People who work there are very nice and work hard.
Fast growing tech company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  NorwalkApril 16, 2015
Great company that started from very humble beginnings. The content of the work was always exciting and it was nice to be apart of a team the helped develop strategy for the company.
Pros
Friday lunch, laid back work environment, smoothie machine
Cons
Struggle internally between management, lack of communication
Fun Workplace
Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 16, 2014
A Leader in backup and disaster recovery solutions for small and medium size businesses
Pros
Residual commission monthly, free lunch on fridays and food is stocked for the week
Cons
No room to advance and accounts you have worked hard to get can and have been taken away, managers have no experience and very underqualified
Great solution
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 22, 2012
Grew the business from $100 a month to $1.7 mil. Worked directly with the CEO and hired about 30 sales reps.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no options