Dauterive Hospital Employee Reviews

Dynamic out-of-the-box leadership
Director of Ancillary Services (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 31, 2017
In an effort to change the direction of what could be described as a sinking ship, the CEO created and cultivated an environment that allowed for promotion and creative concepts to be applied to healthcare.
Pros
Fee thinking
Cons
Facility ceased operation due to corporate practices
n/a
Medical Billing Specialist/Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 11, 2017
Great place to work sorry they closed down. I really enjoyed working with the many people at the company. I really miss them had to take a bad job. If they would come back I would go back
Great community hospital
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMarch 21, 2017
Great community hospital. It has since closed and been bought out by another local hospital. I enjoyed the variety of patients and families I engaged with on a daily basis.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Cons
Stress of medical setting
My career
Hospital Registrar/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAFebruary 20, 2017
My career at Dauterive Hospital was a good choice that I made I learn how to work in a lot of areas in the hospital for example I was a Unit Clerk, Pt registration, and PBX Operator I was glad that I got a chance to learn all of those different departments it was a good company to work for.Thanks
not professional at all
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 26, 2016
I have worked here for a few yrs and went through 3 bosses because they would not stay. They told us a few days before the hospital was closing down. I have learned a few things from this job.
Pros
learned a few things
Cons
job is not what I thought
great experience
CLERICAL INTERN (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 25, 2016
Learn new things to better my future . we was a team that became family outstanding, managers was everything nice personality everyone was very helpful
poor support
PTA (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 23, 2015
lack of feedback and support from administration during last two years. no chance to advance, no incentive to work harder. staff worked together well most of the time
see below for specifics
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 20, 2015
Dauterive hospital has been my "family" for many years, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to grow while employed with them. Three years ago a corporation bought the hospital from HCA and things failed almost immediately, I trusted that things would improve, I was told that things would improve. On December 14, 2015, I was informed that all employees would be terminated on or near December 31, 2015. My last day scheduled, due to approved vacation time, was on December 18, 2015.
not productive
Unit secretary/ telemetry tech (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 19, 2015
not many cared about the patients, most were lazy, company closed doors without a 60 day notice. nobody knew what was going on half the time, very unorganized
Productive, enjoyable place to work!
Birth Registar (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 4, 2015
Good place to work, great hours, and job stability! Everyone helps you if you have any questions and works together as a team even though we all didn't do the same job. Enjoy my time while working with the HIM team!

Want to know more about Dauterive Hospital?

Ask a question
A great place to work to get a lot of knowledge and experience.
ER Tech/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 26, 2015
A typical day at the workplace would be seeing so many different patients and just being very busy. It takes a lot of confidence working there because of so many people that are there. I learned how to work at a fast pace especially because I was working in the Emergency room. My manager was awesome he helped assist everyone and he's a registered nurse so that was great as well. My co workers were awesome we all worked together to get our jobs done productively. The hardest part of my job was working alone when someone called in because usually there are two er techs that work together. So it was kind of hard to manage to get everything done alone. The most enjoyable part about my job was basically the experience I've received.
Pros
Alot of drug reps would come and buy free lunches for the entire staff.
Cons
Short breaks happens sometimes when we are really busy.
excellent
Registrar (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at Dauterive and if I really had a choice to stay there I would have but I had to transfer due to my situation of moving to a new area,i enjoyed the mangement and also the co workers.
good place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Iberia LouisianaMay 18, 2015
great people excellent teachers good hours hated the call management sucked some doctors are mean and don't know what they are doing.
Pros
great people
Cons
to far
Family Atmosphere
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 15, 2015
Payroll Functions
Benefit Functions
New Hires
Leave/WC Functions

I have learned much from this position here. The people have become a second family.
Pros
Great Cafeteria and people
Fantastic Culture
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 4, 2015
Dauterive Hospital has a fantastic culture . The employees there truly are genuine, courteous, and really do love their jobs and the community in which they work in.
Pros
Excellent Culture
Not recommended for long term employment
MLT Generalist (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 1, 2015
The shift I worked was great. Training was minimal at best and comprehensive at least. With the exception of a very few, co-workers were unsupportive and management was weak.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
no breaks and lunch was a rarity
great place to start off with
clerk (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAFebruary 18, 2015
Great job to start off with due to new management the hospital has gone down. New Management is unprofessional. Hospital has car break in's they can't afford security at the hospital. Everybody has to be paid upfront before services can be provided.
Pros
gained alot of knowledge in the registration department
Cons
new management sucks
Semi rural hospital
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LouisianaJanuary 28, 2015
Each day presents special challenges to manage the flow of patients through the surgical arena. Each day provides a learning experience through a wide array of surgical experiences and patient populations. The hospital has been under new management for the past one and a half years. This brought new experiences to manage under new leadership and develop a new computer software for electronic medical records.
A wonderful atomsphere love the employees
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 1, 2014
I love meeting people get to know them The best part of my job is when you meet up with people that you have taken care of and sometimes you forgotten them but they still know you and just enjoy what you did for them or their family member.
Pros
Always getting food from reps.
Cons
Short breaks
Used to be a good place to work.
HIM (Former Employee) –  HIMMarch 7, 2014
This used to be a good place to work. Micromanagement is a big feature at this workplace.