Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's United States Employee Reviews

Productive Fun Environment
Various Positions (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work consist of answer called, working in the warehouse and customer relation. I learned that having a positive attitude can greatly impact the relationship between you and your guest.
great work place
line cook (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2015
great work atmosphere got the chance to learn how to prep food and cook some new meals.the management team was outstanding very fun to work with.
Busy
BUSSER (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 23, 2015
Greeted costumers
Cleaned tables
Attending costumers
My co-workers were helpful
The hardest part was trying to clean tables right away because it was so busy
Most enjoyable was being with co-workers
Productive fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 21, 2015
I ran my own food and ran my own drinks. Team work was a must. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was the servers were under/over staffed at all the wrong times.
Great working environment
Server (Current Employee), Addison, ILApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work is always a pleasure. I always look forward to clocking in and always hate when the end of my shift is coming around. By working at Dave and Busters, I have not only met plenty of beautiful people but have also made sure to leave an impact on those who have came to indulge in Dave and Busters atmosphere; making sure that they leave with a smile and always come back for more fun. The management team at D&B, is phenomenal. Always taking proper care of our guests and making sure that their employees are well taken care of.
SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Support Technician (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 19, 2015
Pros: SECURITY MANAGEMENT
Cons: SCHEDULING
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS ME GETTING THE GAMES READY FOR THE GUESTS TO PLAY I FILL UP THE GAMES WITH TICKETS AND IF THE DAY IS SLOW I GO TO THE HIGH MAINTENANCE GAMES AND REPAIR THEM IF THE DAY IS BUSY I HELP THE GUESTS THAT NEED ASSITANCE IVE LEARNED HOW TO HANDLE HIGH STRESSING SITUATIONS AND HOW TO MULTI TASK THE MANAGEMENT IS GREAT, THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN YOU ARE ALONE AND THE DAY IS BUSY AND YOU GET ALOT OF CALLS WITH MANY PEOPLE NEEDING YOUR HELP, THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS SEEING THE GAMES ARE WORKING AT TOP SHAPE AND WORKING WELL
okay environment
Busser (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2015
Its an okay environment to work in. General manager yells and screams all the time, and makes working there uncomfortable.
Great Atmosphere
Busser/Host (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great Atmosphere
Fun and energetic place to work. Dave & Buster's is very lively. If you enjoy an upbeat atmosphere and meeting lots of people, join the team at Dave & Buster's.
Adult Chuck E Cheese - exciting environment, very busy
Server (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals, free game card, fun environment.
Cons: No breaks, long hours, bad management
During a shift at work, my co-workers and I work with varying guests, a rapid paced environment, and obstacles the entire shift. Being very busy, we need to keep an eye out for running children, guests walking around who need questions answered or help with how the games/ chips work to play games, and new tables. Some shifts are easier then others, varying by the amount of people who come in each day.
I learned that I would prefer a job which does not have such a hectic environment, but one that still challenges me to do my best, work hard, and keep things organized.
The management at Dave and Busters wasn't very good in my opinion. I felt put down and made to be inferior to other servers who had been there longer, and even the managers. I realize working under managers I am below them in terms of job standing, but I did not like feeling as if I was at the bottom, and did not like being treated like such. It was very difficult to get the attention of the managers when I needed them, and have any type of serious discussion.
The hardest part of the job was scheduling unfortunately. Since the managers did not listen very well to the serves needs with scheduling, many co-workers and I had problems with meeting the schedules we had each week. The job itself, being on the floor and having several tables at a time kept me busy, and enjoying the business; it made the shift(s) go by quickly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun while working. Many times we would play the games in the midway on slow days/nights, we all had close relationships to one another, and could talk about good and bad things whenever needed. We are a tight group of friends and co-workers.
Upbeat and fun workplace with high standards for excellence
Winners Circle Staff/Service Support/Party Referee (Current Employee), Manchester, CTApril 7, 2015
Team work and being able to work in a fast paced environment with a smile are key values to this company. Work environment is fun, energetic, and lively. Managers keep employees on their toes and expect nothing less than the best from everyone. Best company I have worked for in years.
Enjoyed this experience
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 1, 2015
What a place to "cut your teeth" as a manager: The culture was a living, breathing thing (not just something written down). The owners were down-to-earth people who remembered meeting you. The managers were concerned with you as a person as well as an employee. This place practiced what it preached: Only a few bad apples in a great, large bunch of good people.
D&B's review
Captain (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 1, 2015
Fun, relaxed, family friendly place to work. The managers and staff are very nice and will work with your schedule to help you out. Speak with the HR staff for more information.
fun and exciting place to work
Security Captain (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch and good coworkers
Cons: a place for the young and in school
great for a person in transitioning from one job to another and very good to friends and family and more like a theme park on the inside.
serving sucks
Trainer/Server (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: make good friends with employees
Cons: everything else.
great employees
its a restaurant. it made me hate people
you have to deal with people who look for excuses to get stuff for free and the pay is not worthed for the hours and expected performance that is demanded from you
Captain
Captain (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2015
Assist management in daily operations.

Trained in multiple departments including redemption, sales desk, food running, restaurant and party hosting.

Cash handling and security
Fun Working Enviroment
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Loved working there. Very fun and I got to meet a lot of interesting people. Management was awful, very non professional and very rude to the employees.
Okay. Good to work if full time.
Front Desk (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free food when training
Cons: some managers do not understand workers have a life outside D&B
Not to bad. Could be better. Not many hours during the off season. Learn a lot, cross train many employees. Multiple managers telling you to do many things during the same time. MEET MANY NEW PEOPLE. Stressful.
Fun Place To Work At
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: half price food
Cons: no cons
every shift you learn something new, not just with your co workers, but also with the guest we assist. management is wonderful.. understanding and listeners..
Benefits and salary are good.
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Maple Grove, MNMarch 19, 2015
The 2 GM's I worked with are still with the company (in other states) and they will always be two of my closest friends. My kitchen staff is hands down the greatest staff I have ever had.
Love hate relationship
Bartender (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: discrimatory
Orlando Dave and Busters worst pace to work. Great company but horrible management at that specific location. All management are on drugs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dave & Buster's

EAT. DRINK. PLAY. Fun at Dave & Buster's means dining on great food. Grabbing a drink with friends. And winning big. Real – Read more

Dave & Buster's Salaries