Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

fun work place
Server/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I was here for just over 2 years. I was able to move up fast. The company was family owned and the culture was amazing. Open door policy, but once they sold many things went down. Day one they literally put doors on all the doors. The managers got let go within a month. It was an easy decision to leave. I feel I made the right decision.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
management
Fun place to work, very competitive
Server (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INDecember 7, 2017
Sales are very important here, as well as competing for top spots! They reward hard workers generously. It is a loud, chaotic environment and meeting every guests need is top priority. Team work among employees keeps customers satisfied!
Pros
Great food and fun environment
Cons
Noisy and fast paced
i loved the people i worked with
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 6, 2017
beautiful chaos
After walking in, you want to turn around and leave. but you cant, most of the customers are rude, and its your fault. but everyone you work with is amazing so its worth it.
Dave and Busters overall was a very decent job
Server (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIDecember 6, 2017
The management team at the Kentwood location really did try their best. Most of them anyhow. There were issues there like any other service industry and they did their best to handle them properly
Fun at first but quickly goes downhill.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 5, 2017
They pull you in with all this talk of great benefits and easy advancement into better pay and better positions, but after just a month or two you quickly learn that is all lies. It is ridiculously difficult to get those benefits and to advance into any sort of better position. If you do get the chance to advance then you will have to give up any sort of school or other jobs you may have because that new position will take up all your time. The managers are also hypocrites and will take off all the time they need for family stuff but if you ask for one day off for the same reasons they tell you no. There was also a manager who liked to get high outside then come back and continue working. It was just not a good place and everyone who was working there hated it.
Fun, fast paced work environment
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
I like the flow of the work st Dave and busters. Working quickly and in a fast paced is something i like to do. I like to challenge myself and not afraid to take on difficult task
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace
Front desk - Server - Front Of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INDecember 4, 2017
Nice workplace.
Nice environment, good atmosphere and overall a very good experience.
I would definitely recommend this place for employment.
I was treated like part of the team, always and everyday.
Be humbled and always thankful
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2017
Strong mind and body. I have no problem following instructions but I'm always tring to take charge and get things done effective and orderly. Always remembering to clean and sanitize all work area's.
Pros
love my cooking
Cons
Away from home for 8 hours +
Love it here
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYNovember 30, 2017
D&B was a great job! loved the crazy amount of tables you got as a waitress. When we hosted Sports or Fights it was crazy and fun, most Customers will make you laugh and have a good time with you.
Pros
fun, great job, fast, table turnover
Cons
slippery
Not my favorite
winner circle (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 29, 2017
The management at this particular location was absolutely horrible. There was only one manager who actually did his job. No new employees were trained properly unless someone not in management stood up to the job and trained the new employee.
Great workplace with outstanding community
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 29, 2017
Dave and Buster is a great company that provide fun for customers and also for those that are employed.
With great hours, benefits, and opportunities, I would gladly recommend it to others
Think twice
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 28, 2017
Unless you like to watch your back from all the ghettoasses allday. Customers, employees, management it really makes no difference everyone is stressed out and on the brink of committing suicide. Meanwhile good ol' Dave and Buster sitting on their island somewhere raking in millions.
Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
i really liked working there
Irvine Spectrum - Food Runner/ Busser (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 27, 2017
fun place to work, wish i still worked there............................................................................................................ it was quite enjoyable managers were fun and likable and you get to play free games and eat free most of the time it was pretty sweet
Pros
free food, free games
Cons
not enough hours
Save yourself the aggravation and dont even apply
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2017
Food is horrible, kitchen doesn't know what they are doing, guests get mad because the food is never cooked right, most food comes out either half cold or all the way cold, I was told by everyone from HR down to busboy in my first week that the food and kitchen are horrible but nobody does anything about it they just send out bad food and let the servers take the fall for it. Most of the drinks are bad too. Most of my tables sent the majority of their food and drinks back. DON'T WORK HERE
Working for DnB
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 24, 2017
Typical day at work was kinda of fun. Before opening i would speak to all of my managers and crew members and get my day started. Everything for my station should already be prepped, and i would try and give hot the best, fresh, hottest food served at a timely manner.
Decent
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYNovember 21, 2017
Working as a support tech is at times a very busy fast paced position, but can be fun depending on your leel of interest in both arcade systems and customer service.
Not a bad place as a server
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 20, 2017
Not a bad place as a server. Very laid back and "fun" atmosphere. As a server we make money based on tips only and it's very busy in the winter and very slow in the summer.
I wouldnt recommend it
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 17, 2017
Dave and Busters is a great place to visit. Working there for 2.15 a hour, definitely wasn't worth it. Some managers were awesome and others acted like children. Servers would work insanely long shifts and get yelled at for trying to go home at their scheduled time. At one point they removed the out times off the schedule so no one would be able to know when they were supposed to leave. WE'd get yelled at for eating or taking restrooms breaks, but we were working12+ hour shifts.
Pros
game card
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Productive fun workplace. Very fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CANovember 15, 2017
Fun to work Dave and buster. Shift got really intense during the holidays. Never took a break. Cause it was too busy and orders had to be made or else the team would fail. Fun and great people on the upside of things.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks when busy
Working at Dave & busters
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 14, 2017
Working at Dave & buster was a fun and learning experience great team work the time I spent working as a cleaner. Mangers was there to help with certian situations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.