Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

the Greatest place to work
AMBASSADOR /CAPTAIN (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 24, 2015
My Time at this employer was both productive and fun. Sometimes
you're almost feel guilty in getting paid to work there. the Manager staff was fair and firm. everybody on the staff had a feeling of being a part of a large family.
Fun place to work
Senior Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FLJune 22, 2015
Although it is a fun place to work there isn't much room for advancement. The management team are understanding and try to promote a culture within the company.
cleaning
Waitress/Sanitation (Former Employee), georgiaJune 20, 2015
was not there very long bt when i was i really enoyed it the people are great they make you feel like your part of the team. my day mostly consisted in cleaning the area mostly was the dining or games.
Huge company so tons of oppurtunity
Bartender (Former Employee), Homestead, PAJune 19, 2015
Pros: fun work enviroment, can transfer almost anywhere
Cons: lack of strong general managment
loved working here for the first 2 years, management just kept changing and the wants and needs or the staff were not cared about anymore.
Decent Company, Terrible Management
Management (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: Great Experience, Flexible Schedules, Hands on Training
Cons: Poor Management, Low Quality Clientele, No Standards
Most of the reviews here talk about how bad management is, and sadly it's true. Great to get some experience for the resume, but management is awful. Lack of professionalism, standards, food quality, cleanliness, and respect for the staff. Also, the crowd is pretty ghetto so expect some fights and lots of 10% tippers. They recently remodeled the restaurant, but not enough paint and repairs can fix how much this place has been run down by management. You will be treated like you're just a number, but if you can endure the miserable work environment you can make some decent money and advance your career somewhere else.
Challenging
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2015
This was my first real job. I learned many things from this job from handling large amounts of money to counting inventory. i got along well with my managers and co workers.
Management Has Ruined This Place
Server (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORJune 12, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: TOO MANY TO LIST DON'T WORK HERE!
This is the worst company I have ever worked for, they DO NOT care about their employees, they care about surveys so they can get their bonuses, I helped open this store in November of 2014, it was all fun and games during training and when the store opened, but then slowly but surely the problems started, too many servers scheduled so a lot of times you would be cut without getting a single table, or they would schedule you in areas that were never busy during the days so sometimes you could go an entire 6-8 hour shift and not get a single table, and of course when you would try to talk to them about it they would say hey atleast your getting hourly!! 9.25/hr is not an hourly wage to live on unless you are 16 and live with your parents with no bills, not to mention they have a 27 hour a week cap which only a handful of favored employees actually reached. More than half of the employees average was 10-15 hours less than that. A few months into being opened things started getting worse fast, they went from having too many servers during a shift to one single server during the day to work the entire 14,000sft restaurant with 4 different seating areas, there would be no busser, no food runner and no host, If you got a 20 top in sports cocktail, 2 tables in Midway, 4 tables in VP and 5 tables in the dining room you were responsible for all of those tables, sure the bartender would sometimes help you out in VP but they never would help with any tables in Midway, Sports or Dining room. I'm sure you're thinking but all the tips are yours, well there are no tips when you are spreading – more... yourself thin trying to take care of all of the tables. The people who came into Dave and Busters were either extremely generous or extremely cheap. They would rather sit at a table and use their ticket coupons to get free appetizers then actually order food and have to pay for it. Or they would have super complicated orders, leave the table a disgusting mess, rave about how great you made their experience and then leave you $2 on a $75 bill or something like that. Speaking of tipping servers were required to give 3% of their tips to the service support and bartenders, and it was based on your sales NOT on your tips. so if you had $1000 in sales and only managed to get $50 in tips $30 of it is automatically gone, I had no problem tipping the bartenders but it normally is based on alcoholic sales, it was frustrating if you worked an entire shift and didn't use the bar once and you still had to tip them, but they never had to tip the servers who ran their food. If you requested a day off chances are you would still be scheduled for it. A lot of the service support would not bus tables they would only run food or walk around not doing anything, and on top of that most of service support would end up making more in tips than the servers only doing 1/4 of the work!!!!!!!! That brings us to management! Out of 6 mangers only 2 were actually extremely nice and helpful, but the other 4 could never be found when they were working and you needed help, and when you did need help they looked at you like you were stupid and were wasting their time, you could be sweating, hyperventilating and about to pass out because you were so overwhelmed and they would just walk right past you and ask if you are planning to run the food in the window, we were offered no discounts except when we were on the clock, we were given 50% off of one meal and forget about lunch breaks, or real breaks, many employees would actually go on break, leave the premises and not tell anyone and leave the other servers who didn't smoke to watch their tables. 30% off cards were given out freely to employees of Clackamas Town Center which could be used EVERY SINGLE TIME they came to eat there. Music was constantly too loud and you would have to shout at customers and vice versa in order to be heard over the music. Many older people would constantly complain about how loud it was. We were allotted a game card every month to play ONLY simulated games, we were not allowed to play any games that gave out tickets and we were not allowed to purchase any game cards and redeem tickets from those game cards. Paychecks would get constantly messed up and be missing hours, or training payments. Drama engulfs this place, they hire people based on their personality and don't care about their work ethic, or if they were a solid employee at their last job. First AGM was fired for STEALING tips from employees working parties and Some of the bussers would STEAL tips from servers, I had several tips go missing from friends who visited and left my money on the table and when I spoke with management they said they would investigate and it never went any further, You would get written up and forced to pay out of your own pocket if a customer walked out which was easy to do if you had a lot of tables and they went to go play games, because lets face it you didn't have enough to worry about when you are the only server and performing 4 different positions job's at once. There is only a handful of original servers left due to poor management. Several former employees who came in as paying customers were actually escorted off the premises and when they asked why they were told by the AGM that its because he said so! Their heart fund is also a complete joke, give $1 of each paycheck and if you fall on hard times you can fill out an application and get help... Except you won't get approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WORK HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!! – less
Fun Place to work but with terrible customers.
Server (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJune 9, 2015
I worked really hard at my job. There would be times it would be fulfilling but more often than not I would be stiffed by guests and would work 12 hour days and walk out of the building making maybe $20. My co-workers were great and so was management.
Deceived from day one
Server (Former Employee), Pelham Manor, NYJune 8, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, food discounts on duty
Cons: short breaks, rude managers, expected to do everything alone
I applied to be a cocktail server, after being hired I was told there was no cocktail server position. I asked one of the managers what are my duties as a cocktail server? He replied you are just a regular server and we say "cocktail server" just to get more people in here. I talked to the lead manager and who told me I didn't have to work there and could just be a customer. It was rude and very deceiving. We also have to split tips about 5 different ways.
Fun place to work.
Host/ Front Desk (Current Employee), Westchester, CAJune 6, 2015
Dave and Buster's is a fast pace work environment. It is my first job and it taught me a lot as far as coworkers, customer service, lifestyle and everything in between. It is the perfect first job for me.
Productive and Great Workplace
Redemption Centre Associate (Former Employee), Winner's CircleJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great Employees, Friendly Place
Cons: Long Shifts
Dave & Busters is a great workplace. The management really cares about their staff and a great place overall. The moment I became part of the team I felt as if I was welcomed to the family.
Great job if you want to be treated like a slave
Server (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2015
I worked part time yet averaged 40 hours a week, worked up to 9 days in a row, and you don't get lunch breaks. 14 hour shifts without a break is illegal, I'm sure! Management does not care about you not making money they only care about getting the guests to spend more. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the clientele. Most enjoyable part is going home.
Productive Fast Pace Atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: you get en employee game card
Cons: denied breaks, health hazards, no respect for the employees
A typical day at work is very busy. My most enjoyable moments at work were with the guest. Management varied. Certain boss were all business others showed favoritism.
good company
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Panama City Beach, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: Free meals when trainging
Cons: unorganized
It is very high paced, but it always has a good energy. It has some of the best employees I have worked with. Being able to train in many departments keeps the job entertaining. Good guests.
Fun anytime and anywhere
Customer Service - Waitstaff and Shift Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 30, 2015
This career path was by far one of the most enjoyable because of the relationships that were built not only with my coworkers but also the relationships developed through the customers of which I interacted with on a daily basis.
Fun, fast, energetic place filled with new people and activities daily for everyone involved to do
Dishwasher/Maintenance (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Paid 10 min break, Decent hours, good managers
Cons: A lot of competition, alot of managers
Dave and Busters is a place where anyone regardless of their of experience can work and feel comfortable doing anything, weather the help comes from a coworker or manager the help is always useful and well given. The hardest part working at the place is constant new hires and ever present threat of getting hours cut to be given to someone else. The best part about working there is the approachability of all the managers and staff, its very easy to ask anyone anything, for help, to watch you position, or just really anything in general.
Fun To Work but Difficult
Associate (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, really good tips, fun place to be
Cons: Loud, scheduling issues, rude customers
It is fun working at D&B. The workers are really nice and you get pretty close to everybody there. The management team means well but their way of scheduling is horrible. They honestly believe your life revolves around the company. Sometimes they under schedule on obvious super busy nights and your stuck dealing with the wrath of angry customers. Speaking of customers, a good portion are just horrible to deal with. They're rude and stiff tips. I've never truly hated a job until this one. Their "everybody is great" attitude is awesome though and makes me feel really good.
Fun place to work but management is major downside
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee), Manchester, CTMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers, fun environment
Cons: No benefits, no advancements, little hours, unorganized management
I would make a prep list for the day and do the heating/cooling logs, then i would do the prep pulls and prep all the food on the list for the day. In this job i learned how to prep food for a major restaurant and cook food on the line. The major downside is the management is very unorganized. Some of my co-workers are fun to work with and others are difficult because they don't do anything and take their position for granted. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to manage 2 prep girls who don't speak English and who have trouble doing the task i assign them. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers because a lot of them make the job environment a fun place to work.
Great environment to work in, I've grown so much and have learned how to handle tough situations while being very professional about it.
Merchandise Sales (Current Employee), Westbury, NYMay 22, 2015
I've learned how to be professional at all takes as well as taking charge when a manager wanted me to do so. I became a leader and a great example to my peers and enjoyed training new members very much. I always strive my best to keep dress code as well as following all rules in my work area. Coming to work I would always be on time, get the winner's circle store prepared before the store opened. Made sure everything was labeled price wise and clean to make sure customers have an easy time browsing and also when buying items.Before the ending of my shift I would make sure I clean my area so it can be ready for the next shift. I loved volunteering in doing all the work the managers needed help in. I enjoyed teaching new members the rules and store policies as well as to how to direct themselves to the customers. Being a leader was also something I very much enjoyed!
Fun atmosphere
Bartender (Current Employee), n/aMay 22, 2015
Nice company, good benefits, people don't have the best balance of work and personal time, however the money is decent.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dave & Buster's

EAT. DRINK. PLAY. Fun at Dave & Buster's means dining on great food. Grabbing a drink with friends. And winning big. Real – Read more

Dave & Buster's Salaries