Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Best place I ever worked
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Management was extremely friendly, they always stick by their employees. Although sometimes communication between the managers needs to improve.
The employees here, are amazing. They are so friendly, and funny. It really felt like one big family
The Guest are the problem, all they want is free stuff and will find anything to complain about.

They are pretty flexible with hours
and there is a ton of things to do with this company. I never got bored
Pros
Amazing management and employees, fun atmosphere
Cons
hard to advance, the clientele
It's a nice place to work so long as you dont have to live there
Server/ Hostess /Cashier (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Homestead, PAMarch 2, 2017
Not a bad gig for part time servers who are supplementing income with weekend work. Not great if it's your whole income. Also stress and job dissatisfaction level seems to be proportional to the amount of hours you work per week. Managers are pretty flexible with workers and schedules but shifts can be brutally long without breaks or food at times. There is money to be made but it's definitely a hustle and you better understand that you are just a small replaceable part of a much bigger corporate plan and a large publicly traded company. If you can live with all that- it can serve its purpose. Divas don't last long there.
fun and busy but will work you to death
Wait Staff/Server (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 6, 2017
Fun at times but during party season your hours are very overwhelming. We had servers sleep in their cars because they would close and have to be back for a party that started at 8am. The gratuity from the partys you work go on your check so you don't get the cash for those upfront, on the plus side the more parties you work the bigger your check will be and you will still be scheduled shifts on the floor to make your cash.
Pros
always busy tips are decent
Cons
no work/life balance, poor management
Not the friendliest environment to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 2, 2017
The people I used to work with as far as coworkers were great, fun and loving. Management on the other hand was extremely unprofessional. Some of the managers had romantic relationships with some of my coworkers which caused many problems in the environment. Management is not also understanding of our personal problems so it would be hard to request of certain days if I needed the day off.
Cons
no games, no free lunch, small breaks if any at all.
Great Place to work. Managers are really cool.
Server (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Servering for Dave and Busters was a great pleasure. Everyone had each others back and was very helpful. The managers always had their workers back as well but still with the understanding that customers are important. We did get a lot of people that were not nice or were trying to scam you out for a free meal. But it happens.
Pros
Tips are amazing. Great people to work with.
Cons
Having to stay a little long to set up for the next day's larger parties.
It can be a hit or a miss at this company
Server (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2017
I love working for this company but just like any job it has its pros and cons. a typical day consists of having fun with co workers, while also having fun at your job. management can get on your nerves and sometimes it doesn't seem like they really care about you, but all in all everyone is there for each other and its a cool company to work for.
Pros
co workers, free games, 50% off food
Cons
some of management, company rules
Overall fun place to work.
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Dave & Busters is like no other restaurant.Everyday brings its challenges and triumphs with fun thrown in the mix. At Dave & Busters you get to work with and meet a lot of great people. I learned a decent portion of my hospitality skill here. One manager can't do it all alone and needs a good team to rely on to accomplish goals. Dave & Busters is all about culture and this is one of the things that make Dave & Busters great. I enjoy meeting new people daily and not knowing what kind of experience the next few minutes bring.
Pros
Developing and Coaching staff
Company overview
Lead Gaming Technician (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 12, 2017
My work day would be fixing games for customers on the spot. I would have to come up with a solution and fix the game with in five minutes. If this was not possible I would have to find a way to please the customer. When games would not be going down I would be jumping into other departments and helping out the best i can or fixing games that needed replacement parts. Morning shifts before the store would open i would take the game completely apart to regular maintenance cleaning. Than part the game pack together and play the games to make sure they were fulling functioning. Once a month I would take a complete inventory of parts. I got put in charge of maintaining a full stock room of parts.
working for Dave and Busters
Server (Former Employee) –  4000 Venture Drive Duluth GAMarch 21, 2017
The job was fun and exciting and you meet a lot of different people ranging from rich and famous to typical everyday people like yourself. The opportunity to max a whole lot of money is there.
Pros
Can make a lot of money in a short time and meet celebs
Cons
no breaks, and you're going to be dealing with a whole lot of reverse racism, also they hire a lot of crackheads ranging from management on down
fun and place to work at
Janitor and Cleaner and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2017
This place is a greact place to work at from the time you get there until you go home. Great people to be around and nice and clean. i learned bout how the company came about and also what they what to make happen for the company to make it. The hardest part the jod was really nothing but if you not like fast and fun dont work think because when they are busy its gets bad.
Fast paced and a lot of fun
Winner's Circle (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 15, 2017
My time with Dave and Buster's was very enjoyable. The managers were accommodating to my schedule while I was at school and were easily approachable if I had any questions about what had to be done on both a day to day basis and also long term.
Pros
150 game credits per week and half price menu options while on the clock
Cons
Minimal breaks because the environment is so fast paced
Food and Beverage
Host/Wait-Staff/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day, training, supervising, serve, host, phones, expo.

I learned, leadership, multi tasking skills, patience.

Management overall was pretty great.

The culture was very diverse.

The hardest part was the management at times was not very welcoming.

The most enjoyable was building lasting relationship with guests and the fact that everyday was different.
It is what you make of it
Service Support/Busser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2016
I started working here late 2015 to early 2016. So I only got to experience one season here. I f you love fast paced always on your feet this is the perfect job for you. I mostly did 12 hour shifts some 14s but rarely ever 8s or 4 hour shifts. I was one of two girls to work service support of a team of about 15-20 maybe. So I always worked with men but that was not a problem. I never got a break but when I would force a break my co-workers or even managers sometimes would make a big deal out of it. Overall I loved the atmosphere, customers, and most of my co-workers.
Pros
Tips, Game Cards
Cons
No breaks (even when I worked 12-14 hours), Long shifts, Only weekend shifts
Fun and fast pace high volume workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Managers are extremely understanding and there is a great team to work with. The downside is since its get extremely busy, it gets difficult to juggle many sections when it's short staffed. During games, the place gets packed and it makes it inconvenient to work with the walk way and tables blocked. They have great music to set a fun
A great place to work
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day at Dave & Buster's would be a busy day. The kitchen would be filled with orders ready robe ran. Dave & Buster's have four venue and three private event rooms we would have to serve guest the best service possible. Management was a good and fair group of mangers. Dave & Buster's managers understand the employees in most situations
Productive and fun workplace with air hockey.
Server (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work involves a lunch rush and a lot of fun guest. Ive learned how to work with all kinds of people even learned to be more patient.The management is great here they are really good at helping with problems at a fast pace, they also make work fun
Pros
Management is pretty helpful and fun
Cons
Short breaks, health care, time off
Horrible place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I am a current server at the Toledo, Ohio location. The managers are the worst I've ever had. They are very disrespectful and don't know how to do their jobs. The kitchen is worst than any place else. 2 hour ticket times! For burgers! No organization! All the managers are sleeping with the servers and giving special treatment. Horrible place.
Pros
Free game play
Cons
Exciting work environment with a sports bar and arcade!
Server (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 2, 2017
A typical day at work would include serving guests with the utmost respect and care all while serving food and drinks. Suggesting and guiding guest through our menu and restaurant is also expected. Since my employment with this company I have learned how to maximize my time in order to serve every guest in a timely manner. Management is always willing to lend a helping hand and never falls short on positively giving recognition to the hard working employees. The hardest part of the job is balancing all requests and maintenance of every guests needs and concerns. Also along with balancing this there are restaurant duties that are required in order for the kitchen and staff to function correctly and accurately.
Pros
Staff, free acarde games, and enjoyable work environment.
Cons
Short breaks, bad-mannered clientell, and long work days.
Overall it's a good fun place to work specially for students
Front desk and winner circle clerk (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 17, 2017
This place is good for young people to get started in job expedition. Perfect for students or people who only want small amount of hours. Rules may be a little hard to follow, since it depends on what manager is on duty.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Company only allows 30 hours a week
Phenomenal Company to Build A Foundation With
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 12, 2017
Phenomenal Company to Build A Foundation With whether it be with the Company or to move on to a new Company. Dave and Busters is the foundation that helped me build my entire career off of. Definitely somewhere anyone would want to work for at least at some point in their career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.