Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

EVERYONE READ THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY!!!! Biggest Joke of an establishment. Puts High School mentality to shame.
Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2015
I originally had been in love with Dave and Busters. It started out as my favorite job ever. But as time went on I noticed the little things began to pile up. In my 6+ years of serving, I had NEVER had a walk out. At this place? They were countless throughout the establishment. I had one instance where I had racked over a few hundred dollar bill for my guests. They were having the time of their life, completely raving about me (trying to buy me nearly everything off the drink menu. Flattering, but not allowed, nor professional) they were nowhere near done with buying more products. When suddenly security decided to step in by blocking off the doors because we were beyond capacity due to it being a UFC fight night.

1.) We had been beyond capacity for hours.
2.) Security does NOT have the legal right or liberty to enact this. This is a fire marshal responsibility.

So besides refusing any other guests in (EXTREMELY rude in his approach I might add) the host of my table AKA the one paying for everything was refused to come back in after stepping out for a phone call. My table came to find me in a panic, telling me what was going on and I was livid. (Side note: This happened just after having just been stiffed on a large group I had forced upon me by the rudest, unprofessional manager I have ever encountered in my life. While already having nearly half of the bar area to myself filled, because trying to get as much money as you can and overbooking parties and reservations leaving the establishment short staffed I guess is more important than focusing on being able to provide the
  more... proper service to encourage reoccurring, happy, satisfied guests)

I tried speaking with security, and arrogantly and rudely refused to let the host back in. The rest of my table's guests were astonished as was I. (The host was literally on the other side of the glass door)

My manager was speaking with another guest (their host also was being refused entry) I added too, that my issue was the same. My guests at this point (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART): TOLD MY MANAGER TO THEIR FACE THEY WERE NOT PAYING! They had not come prepared to pay for this grand total. It had been planned and situated for the host to pay. And my manager? With a condescending, rude tone, said that there was nothing they could do and TURNED FROM MY GUESTS AND WALKED AWAY!!!! I was left literally jaw dropped, mind blown and feeling like this couldn't be happening. My guests all turned to me, apologized, reassuring me that they in no way were holding me accountable and that I was the best server they had ever had in their lives, and originally were planning on coming more often specifically for MY service. But after being treated in such a way, they would not return (I wouldnt either) they gave me a sympathetic smile and walked out the door. I tried to finish out my night, my anxiety racing in fear on what this was going to mean at the end of the night.

End of the night comes, and I am pulled into the office and SURPRISE SURPRISE! I am written up for such a large walkout (all while the responsible, neglecting and simply non caring manager who walked away was in the room) I was heartbroken and felt so deceived. I thought that was that.... boy was I wrong.

I return to work the next day, perhaps ten minutes into opening my station when I am told the GM needs to speak with me.... I meet with them (and the (ir)responsible manager from the nightmare of the night before) and am told I am being suspended. Because "it had been brought to their attention, that before the table left, they DID leave cash on the table and I pocketed it." So I was under investigation from stealing from the company..... This was the biggest slap in the face I have ever experienced in my entire work career.

There are cameras everywhere. Where is any reasonable proof or reasonable doubt enough to accuse me of such action?

I am then informed by a fellow coworker during my suspension that there was talk I had already been fired and that another manager was going around saying I would not be returning because I had stolen.

An employer is NOT allowed to discuss with an outside party, let alone place blame on the employee while an investigation is STILL ongoing. This is Defamation (False accusation) seeing as how the investigation was still going, and in the end it was found I was not guilty (Duh. I have a feeling this had been done because it would be easier to blame a server, than them take responsibility and have to report to corporate)

I was brought back for a short time after, but things had changed. One thing after another, I was being written up for the most ridiculous things, the final one was laughable (5 min late after being rescheduled, without management being in communication with each other, having a "bad attitude" 2 min into the same shift)

I am now currently being harassed by multiple employees on the local location's Facebook page. (One who brought up the walk out incident. Which I am furious about, seeing as how that is supposed to be confidential information. Not to mention the blame is still being put on me for the walk out)

DO NOT WORK OR EVEN SPEND MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!! You will be treated horribly and harassed in and outside of work even if you dont work there anymore!

(Insert: The same guilty manager, ignored another incident when I informed them a drunk guest threw a glass at my arm ON PURPOSE while I was picking out the first glass they had knocked over in the trash accidentally from being so drunk..... THEY ARE MORE CONCERNED WITH MONEY THAN THEIR EMPLOYEES SAFETY!!!!!)

AVOID THIS PLACE! BOYCOTT IT!!! THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!
Pros
money at first. unless you work fight nights then never.
Cons
everything! there is no safety, no respect. the mentality of everyone is even less than high school. so much drama and immaturity!
Management Has Ruined This Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 12, 2015
This is the worst company I have ever worked for, they DO NOT care about their employees, they care about surveys so they can get their bonuses, I helped open this store in November of 2014, it was all fun and games during training and when the store opened, but then slowly but surely the problems started, too many servers scheduled so a lot of times you would be cut without getting a single table, or they would schedule you in areas that were never busy during the days so sometimes you could go an entire 6-8 hour shift and not get a single table, and of course when you would try to talk to them about it they would say hey atleast your getting hourly!! 9.25/hr is not an hourly wage to live on unless you are 16 and live with your parents with no bills, not to mention they have a 27 hour a week cap which only a handful of favored employees actually reached. More than half of the employees average was 10-15 hours less than that. A few months into being opened things started getting worse fast, they went from having too many servers during a shift to one single server during the day to work the entire 14,000sft restaurant with 4 different seating areas, there would be no busser, no food runner and no host, If you got a 20 top in sports cocktail, 2 tables in Midway, 4 tables in VP and 5 tables in the dining room you were responsible for all of those tables, sure the bartender would sometimes help you out in VP but they never would help with any tables in Midway, Sports or Dining room. I'm sure you're thinking but all the tips are yours, well there are no tips when you are spreading  more... yourself thin trying to take care of all of the tables. The people who came into Dave and Busters were either extremely generous or extremely cheap. They would rather sit at a table and use their ticket coupons to get free appetizers then actually order food and have to pay for it. Or they would have super complicated orders, leave the table a disgusting mess, rave about how great you made their experience and then leave you $2 on a $75 bill or something like that. Speaking of tipping servers were required to give 3% of their tips to the service support and bartenders, and it was based on your sales NOT on your tips. so if you had $1000 in sales and only managed to get $50 in tips $30 of it is automatically gone, I had no problem tipping the bartenders but it normally is based on alcoholic sales, it was frustrating if you worked an entire shift and didn't use the bar once and you still had to tip them, but they never had to tip the servers who ran their food. If you requested a day off chances are you would still be scheduled for it. A lot of the service support would not bus tables they would only run food or walk around not doing anything, and on top of that most of service support would end up making more in tips than the servers only doing 1/4 of the work!!!!!!!! That brings us to management! Out of 6 mangers only 2 were actually extremely nice and helpful, but the other 4 could never be found when they were working and you needed help, and when you did need help they looked at you like you were stupid and were wasting their time, you could be sweating, hyperventilating and about to pass out because you were so overwhelmed and they would just walk right past you and ask if you are planning to run the food in the window, we were offered no discounts except when we were on the clock, we were given 50% off of one meal and forget about lunch breaks, or real breaks, many employees would actually go on break, leave the premises and not tell anyone and leave the other servers who didn't smoke to watch their tables. 30% off cards were given out freely to employees of Clackamas Town Center which could be used EVERY SINGLE TIME they came to eat there. Music was constantly too loud and you would have to shout at customers and vice versa in order to be heard over the music. Many older people would constantly complain about how loud it was. We were allotted a game card every month to play ONLY simulated games, we were not allowed to play any games that gave out tickets and we were not allowed to purchase any game cards and redeem tickets from those game cards. Paychecks would get constantly messed up and be missing hours, or training payments. Drama engulfs this place, they hire people based on their personality and don't care about their work ethic, or if they were a solid employee at their last job. First AGM was fired for STEALING tips from employees working parties and Some of the bussers would STEAL tips from servers, I had several tips go missing from friends who visited and left my money on the table and when I spoke with management they said they would investigate and it never went any further, You would get written up and forced to pay out of your own pocket if a customer walked out which was easy to do if you had a lot of tables and they went to go play games, because lets face it you didn't have enough to worry about when you are the only server and performing 4 different positions job's at once. There is only a handful of original servers left due to poor management. Several former employees who came in as paying customers were actually escorted off the premises and when they asked why they were told by the AGM that its because he said so! Their heart fund is also a complete joke, give $1 of each paycheck and if you fall on hard times you can fill out an application and get help... Except you won't get approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WORK HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!  less
Pros
NONE
Cons
TOO MANY TO LIST DON'T WORK HERE!
Winners circle
Winners Circle (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 25, 2015
Pros

Fun people, easy to make friends, there are a very few good managers, you get to see alot of new people.

Cons

Here we go. So, let me start with the Winners Circle. You get hired, roughly around $10/hr. You think, its ok money for a prize giver. Then, you start working. There is NO training. The system of products is pure chaos. They separate it by "age" instead of the amount of tickets the product cost. About a million times daily you will hear the questions, "how much is this?" "how does this work?" "how accurate is your scale?" (which isnt accurate at all) "Can I use cash to pay the difference?" "Can I recharge here?" (winners circle doesnt handle cash.) also be prepared to SCREAM. The music and games get so loud that your scream, is like a whisper. You need a manager to do EVERYTHING. You want something out of the case, let me call a manager. You didnt get your tickets from the coin machine because you didnt put your card back in to get them on your card? Let me call a manager. You arent trusted with anything. It also takes the manager 20+ minutes to get to you. So, you finally help the guest through all of that, and they pick out what they would like to purchase. Theyre 1 ticket short. Sorry, you dont have enough tickets for that, you have to put it back because my manager wont let me call them to give you one ticket, even though you spent over $50 to get a toy we buy for $2.50. In the winners circle, people will leave a power card with a few tickets. So rather than just throw them away, we kept them with us for situations like this. Until the managers found
  more... out we were doing one of the pillars, which is you got it attitude, and said if we're caught with a power card were stealing from them and will be investigated and basiclly fired. Honestly, we have kids crying 90% of the time because they cant afford the one thing they want. Its an awful feeling and management doesnt care. So to wrap up the winners circle ill talk about just before and after we close. 11 PM is 21+, so from 11:00 and on all you get is absurdly drunk people. Then when we finally close, you need to restock,organize, sweep, restock the zoo, and get walked off by a manager. Seems simple right? No. You get a shipment maybe once a month, so you have basically nothing to restock. The store is pure chaos because of all the un watched kids and drunk people. You have a broom roughly, 3ft tall that you have to sweep with. And wait 1 hr at least before yoh finish and get a walk off. You spend 90% of your time alone because everyone is always off in the zoo, midway playing a game, in the kitchen, or just trying not to work. But if you try to go get a drink they act like you abandon your job. Now about dave and busters. Your promised potential to grow, and cross train. That doesnt happen. I wanted to cross train to be a Captain, and they refused. They said you have to wait six months before its even an option. Unless your management or in the kitchen the only way to grow in this company is by changing positions. So with that off the board, your basiclly stuck. You get no breaks, and if you try to force them to give you one, you become some sort of outcast. You do all the pillars and upsell, but get no recognition for your hard work. This isnt the place for the happy, upbeat, and outgoing people the lure in with their lies.  less
Pros
the only pro is the people you work with, not managers, but co workers
Cons
no breaks, cant redeem, no free food, cant play ticket games, no room for growth
Could be a lot better
server (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 4, 2014
I thought working at Dave and Busters would be great. I loved the commercials that I saw for it on tv and I couldn't wait until I moved to an area that had one. Winter is extremely busy for the location that I worked and sometimes there was a lot of money to be made.

Management was ok. Some were very professional, hardworking, and dedicated to teamwork. Others were lazy, cliquey, and high school like. Most of them did appreciate and applaud you for hard work. Overall I felt appreciated.

The guests are the worst experience when working at D&B, for some reason that place draws lots of scammers. Managers bend the rules too much for the type of negative people it attracts and it has been a steady decline since. Things that are the rules of the establishment, like no one under 21 is allowed without an adult late nights, and 20% auto gratuity applied parties of 8 or more are simply being ignored. People complain about the amounts they are required to tip to management they remove them for absolutely no reason (in turn the servers get nothing and feel like they did something wrong) They show up with parties of 30 or more and sit in the self seating areas, pushing tables together and taking over whole sections meant to be split between 2 or 3 servers for the entire night and management doesn't blink an eye. I've seen guests screaming at servers over how expensive their bills are (not the server's fault) and management comps half if not all of the bill for no reason. These shady people then go tell friends how easy it is to get over on this establishment and that brings more people
  more... like that into the place.

Management needs to put their foot down, the customers are not right, most are ignorant fools or drunks past a certain time of night.
I wouldn't be surprised to see that place bankrupt in the next 5 years.
Pros
flexible schedules, quick money
Cons
management and guests
Productive and fun work place with great people, great food and arcades.
Captain (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDJanuary 18, 2013
On a typical day i was greeting quest, checking i'ds to verify the guest who was entering had a valid id and was of age. Securing the building, handling guest complaints, transfer thousands of dollars cash from one end of the building to the checkout room. Setting up for special party events, keeping assigned area cleaned, which would be the front or back of the house, depends where they place you for you shift, and working side by side with county police. What i learned was how to deal with any type of guest, you can go from the ones that were happy to see you again, to the ones that were upset about something while under the influence. There were about nine different managers, on a daily there would be about four sometimes five managers working with you a night. As long as you are doing your job the managers were great and understanding. When you first start this job you will realized that you and your co-workers are apart of one big team, and that everybody works together no matter what there position may be.The hardest part of the job was when there,s a huge group that will come in to play and to eat, and would just let there kids run free all around the building with no supervision. There were moments kids would run into a food runner and everything on that food runners tray would fall off. That is a big mess in many different ways, a dish could have fell on the child's head,the parents could get upset and blame the innocent food runner, the guest that ordered the food could be in a rush to eat, ect ect. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you will always see somebody  more... that you know, from elementary, middle, or high school, maybe even from collage, so that was great.  less
Pros
great benifits, great hours, great food, everybody was part of a team, no matter the position, you were never alone, if you ever needed help, help was less then a few feet away.
Cons
at that moment all hours were cut from full time to part time.
Adult Chuck E Cheese - exciting environment, very busy
Server (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 9, 2015
During a shift at work, my co-workers and I work with varying guests, a rapid paced environment, and obstacles the entire shift. Being very busy, we need to keep an eye out for running children, guests walking around who need questions answered or help with how the games/ chips work to play games, and new tables. Some shifts are easier then others, varying by the amount of people who come in each day.
I learned that I would prefer a job which does not have such a hectic environment, but one that still challenges me to do my best, work hard, and keep things organized.
The management at Dave and Busters wasn't very good in my opinion. I felt put down and made to be inferior to other servers who had been there longer, and even the managers. I realize working under managers I am below them in terms of job standing, but I did not like feeling as if I was at the bottom, and did not like being treated like such. It was very difficult to get the attention of the managers when I needed them, and have any type of serious discussion.
The hardest part of the job was scheduling unfortunately. Since the managers did not listen very well to the serves needs with scheduling, many co-workers and I had problems with meeting the schedules we had each week. The job itself, being on the floor and having several tables at a time kept me busy, and enjoying the business; it made the shift(s) go by quickly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun while working. Many times we would play the games in the midway on slow days/nights, we all had close relationships to one another, and could
  more... talk about good and bad things whenever needed. We are a tight group of friends and co-workers.  less
Pros
50% off meals, free game card, fun environment.
Cons
No breaks, long hours, bad management
Only good if you want to play "the game"
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2015
There are a few good things about this place, they have plenty of jobs, pay pretty well and have a steady stream of business. Because their business model is focused on "fun" they tend to push this idea to extremes, resulting in an extremely juvenile atmosphere. I get the idea of embracing fun for the sake of the customers, but at some point like any job work needs to be done. From my experience management does not seem to realize this. They treat everyone like a child and are paranoid about theft, they kept everything under lock and key. About 40% of my job was running around trying to find a manager who had the keys, and then running around trying to return the keys so I didn't get accused of theft. This was pretty hard to do since managers were hands off individuals, always disappearing or engrossed in the minutiae of their headsets and not the big picture. They acted like they were doing me a favor by giving me keys for things. The other 60% of my time was spent feverishly trying to catch up from all the time wasted running around. As a result I had little time to embrace the manic culture that is really all they care about.

The company really weeds out talent based on its cult like emphasis of style over substance. As a result loafers and intellectual lightweights are propelled up the ladder and join the do nothing management club. It's a shame because if they just tweaked their values it would be an excellent place to work. Therefore my rating of 2.0 is subjective -- if you actually want to work you won't go far here. If you want to act like an absurd clown and pretend
  more... to work you will probably do fine.  less
Pros
decent money, lot of jobs, steady business
Cons
workplace politics, do nothing and absentee management, lots of loafers
Fun place to play, THE WORST PLACE TO WORK. PERIOD.
Winner's Circle (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 1, 2014
Believe it or not, working in the Winner's Circle (the place where you count your tickets and get prizes) is extremely stressful. Only take this job if you have A TON of patience. No matter how nice you are, people will STILL treat you like you're nothing and be rude to you. Children are never supervised by their parents so they ask you a million questions over and over. Adults act like children. People act like its your fault that they can't get their way... very stressful. You have to restock and clean up the mess your customers make... they just throw anything anywhere. Be prepared to be asked "how much is this?" at least 600 times a day from your customers!!

Management is okay but it really depends on the store. Pay was better before -- new hires only make an avg of 9/hr. THAT IS NOT worth the amount of stress you face at this job! Managers expect you to work long hours (like 5pm-2am) every weekend, and barely rotate schedules for day shifts. They "mistakenly" schedule you on days you can't work, and make it your problem to get someone to cover for you. Managers act like the job is a piece of cake but really they don't understand the stress and crazy people we had to deal with on a daily basis.

Other than that, there is a lot of job security because they promote from within. Managers at the stores have worked for D&B for a while before getting that title. Also you get half off food (only during your shift), you are not allowed to play the games, and you can't drink there. YAY......

Listen, if you want to work at D&B I DO NOT recommend doing Winner's Circle. Truthfully,
  more... I don't recommend working here at all. Try the Front Desk instead, their job is a lot less stressful... they just answer phones and sell the cards to play the games.  less
Pros
uhhh.....yea, no.
Cons
stressful environment, no life/work balance, long tiring hours
Very Fast-Paced Environment With Multiple Dining/Bar Atmospheres With Many Billiards Tables
Waitstaff/Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2013
There is never a typical day at work, it is always fast-paced and upbeat. The second you walk into the building you hear loud music based on Philly's popular demand which creates the perfect first impression of what the building has got to offer...fun.

I have learned a lot working for this Company. I learned important service features such as up selling techniques, and gained the ability to use suggestive selling to promote Dave & Buster's current promotions that offer its guests the best value for their visits.

Work life always has its drama, but at Dave & Busters we may have our issues with one another but never have we ever caused any problems at work that would cause any delay in our work. Every employee in the building has the ability to create and maintain a safe and effective work environment which benefits not only the employees, but for the guest as well.

The hardest part of the job is hands-down getting to know all of the employees throughout the establishment. The building is HUGE and employees over 200 employees so once hired, you are bombarded with getting to know many other workers. Great place to make friends!

The most enjoyable part of my job has to be my relationships with the guests. I thrive in the hospitality industry and love being at service. I love making a difference in a guests life and am very accommodating and outgoing and have the ability to build a strong brief relationship with each and every one of my guests.
Pros
50% discounted employee meals, great benefits, management development training program to help you work your way up with the company
Cons
no breaks
Experience is what you make it
Front Desk & Host (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 23, 2014
Its a company that is all about work. They preach a lot about family environment, but don't do anything to really show it unless your a "favorite." If your looking for a place that will work you into the ground and not reward you for it, and where you will have to pick up the extra slack of others because they can get away with it, then this is the place for you! Also, managers will take their personal problems out on you when they become stressed out, and it will be on the floor in front of guests. Which will in turn give the guest the right to disrespect you, and if you act out, you get in trouble. It also doesn't matter if you go in everyday with a great attitude, because someone will ruin it. They will make it their personal mission to. My advice, is to find a group of people that you can rely on and stick with them. No matter how awful the rest of the building is, they will make your time there awesome, like my time was. Because they help you ignore all the other things that's going on, the unfair behavior, the stuff you can't control, and makes going to work every day worth it because they are there. And no matter how busy you are, no matter how many people are yelling at you, no matter how many people have disrespected you for no reason, because you have that core group of awesome people that you work with, your days and nights are great. The job may not be great, but the experience is what you make it, and I made it great.
Pros
1/2 of food when you work a shift, game card with reloaded ships every week, brag bucks for going above & beyond
Cons
long shifts, dealing with rude drunk/high people, part time employment after obamacare went into effect
Definite pros and cons
SWAG Crew (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2015
Work in SWAG can be fun and fast-paced, but can easily become overwhelming and stressful. It depends a great deal on the quality of the guests as well as the quality of your co-workers.

Do not apply for the position if you cannot handle working around kids or drunk people. They are are a constant presence at D&B and cannot be avoided.

Do not apply for the position if you think this sounds like an easy job for easy money.

SWAG is essentially working a small high traffic toy store inside a bar/arcade. Employees have to count tickets, check out people at a register, constantly restock over the course of the day and night, be constantly cleaning to keep the shop presentable as possible, be able to memorize or look up prices for guests, and provide customer service to those guests who need help (no matter their temperament or age).

This job can be made easier and even fun by fellow employees who work hard and pull their weight together. However, co-workers who prove to be lazy will usually be stuck on tickets or the register and be relatively ignored by senior co-workers.

Management, for the most part, is supportive and helpful, so long as you communicate with them.
Pros
healthcare, half-priced meals, free games, supportive co-workers, supportive managers
Cons
dealing with drunk and hostile guests, hours spent on your feet, dj music is deafeningly loud wed through sat, co-workers who don't pull their weight
Poorly Ran
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 27, 2013
There is no leadership or consistency with this company. The company allows senior managers to change policy and procedure anytime they feel like doing so. Mostly for the good for that individual. There is no teamwork with the staff or management. Everybody is out for themselves and will bury or throw anyone and everyone under the bus for their good. The waitstaff is the poorest waitstaff i have ever encountered in my 20+ years in this industry. They don't run food, they don't even run their own food. They don't use position points in taking orders, so they auction food when it is finally delivered. They don't do running side work, and don't do closing side work unless told and watched. They milk the time clock and show up late and wonder why they get written up. There is no accountability for their actions, and they blame anything and everything else but themselves. The company pays well, but the trade off is no quality of life. My day sometimes started at 10am, and didn't end sometimes until 1am. There were times when i wouldn't leave there until 4:30 am. The food is all frozen and microwaved. There is nothing fresh about any of the food. The seared Ahi comes already Seared,sliced and frozen. The kitchen manager cares more about his costs than quality. I saw him send out a cheese quesadilla out to a table after sitting in the window for 20 minutes.
Pros
good pay, and bonuses
Cons
everything stated above
Better than average restaurant experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 16, 2013
A typical day varies depending what I'm on the schedule for. If I start in the am, there are usually some opening duties (sanitizer buckets, getting ice, stocking drink condiments, etc) as well as serving tables once the doors open and people come through. Starting in the pm usually involves restocking, relieving the am crew and immediately picking up tables. My work day isn't over until business has slowed enough so that I am no longer needed, or until the store closes.
If I am scheduled for a private party, the first thing to be done after clocking in is to make sure the party space has been set correctly, per the party hosts needs. After, I review the paperwork to see if there are any special needs, what the menu will be, what time it is served and the drink specifications. During the party we cater to the hosts specific needs and when it is over, close out any open tabs, clean the party space and reset it for the next scheduled event.
Pros
a very flexible schedule, ok with overtime, fast paced, 1/2 off menu items, pretty good management team and fun coworkers.
Cons
hours available drastically change according to season, unpredictable schedule, unpredictable income, and being at the constant mercy of guests.
Productive and fun workplace with a great staff.
Hostess/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at work would be to come in, clock in, go to cash-out to get your bank for your register, head to your station, and start selling game cards, gift cards, sitting people in the dinning room, answering all phone calls, and setting up reservations. When your shift ends you collect your bank and sign out of computer, collect all receipts and file them in correct order, separating each by card type, take tips out of register, and place all bills in correct order. Finally, you would take your bank back to cash-out and clock out. While working here I learned strong customer service skills, and how to multitask! The management is very friendly, patient and always willing to listen to a problem you may be having. My co-workers were terrific, each had great personalities, and a good passion for their job. The hardest part of my job was having to help customers who were having a bad experience, while also making sure the guest trying to buy game cards were getting the attention they needed as well. The most enjoyable part of my job, was the environment, and the company competitions, as well as company outings.
Pros
half off all food, as well as company game card.
Cons
little to no breaks, bad scheduling.
Dave and Busters is a fun,Family place to be. There is something for everyone in the family to do there.
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 17, 2012
A typical day a work was like going to work with a bunch off cool people and fun to be around, yea there was days where everyone seem to hate each other but when are managment team will notes alot of us was in a bad mood they would all cheer us up in there own cool ways. When seeing that from my mangament crew at the time I learned that it dont take a whole lot to make someones bad mood in to a good mood. Mt co-works where like family to me and still are we would go to baseball game, movies, out to eat or even meet up at a park and spend the day together also the most hard working people i know. Hardest park of my job was getting use to alot of changes at the time cause at times it was alot to take in all in one time and it messed up what you where suppose to do work wise. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people dayly and learning something new about my job every time I work.
Pros
50% off on lunch, free game card
Cons
never really had brakes for lunch and if u did it was short, no team work when times got bad, new managers never helped with anything.
Fun...Eat... Play...
Runner (Current Employee) –  albany nyJanuary 31, 2014
surrounded by great co workers & guest everyday a typical worker day for me would be making sure our guest leave feeling wonderful & making them feel there welcome to come back any time...Making sure the restautant is neat & clean for our guest comfort & happiness. My duties are to make sure all food & beverage reach the guest as quick as possible & that it gets to the table neat & organized to the guest liking. Ive learned many things but the most important is how to deal with unhappy customers & solving there issue when it a comes up...Management @ Dave & Busters are very helpful when needed they do their best to make sure every employees work environment is comfortable as possible. The hardest thing about my empolyment is that we get many rube guest bu ti try to make there experience @ D&B the best they ever had so they leave feeling better then when they came in. The most enjoyable thing i get to help others of ages from children to the elderly its GREAT!!!!
Pros
you get 50% off all forod items & employee game card thats refilled every week
Cons
your breaks go by pretty fast
Front Desk Team
Front Desk Team, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXNovember 2, 2012
This place is booming every other weekday and mostly all day on weekends. The dull moments is during the day when the sales team are busy catering and hosting parties for excellent customer service. I worked restaurant host, front desk team, including counter help and the bowling and billiards counter. On the weekend this place is bumper to bumper packed like the entire establishment inside and outside is like an adult night club. Dancing, drinks, conflicting attitudes about service bills.

My schedule hours went from 30 a week to 10 a week and the commute cost was not worth the hourly pay. The turnover is high but the most interesting part of this job that I miss. Was during rush hour was what I clocked in for. I enjoyed being extra nice to our guest, problem-solving skills, and I actually was damned good at what I did. Watch out for drunk drivers my car did suffer hit and run damage one weekend night in spring branch, Texas
Pros
people watching, tips, culture, rush hour, steak salad, diversity
Cons
short breaks, lack of leadership, unqualified managers, hostile
This is a great place to visit, eat and play games.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  ClackamasDecember 16, 2014
Working at Dave and Busters a has definitely been a good experience. Ive had my ups and downs, but I understand his is a new company, with all new employees.

Ive learned that in every company, there are going to be small problems. But the best way to fix them, is to be calm, and ask as many questions that are needed.

The management staff is new. I understand that opening a new store is extremely stressful. I think once this store has been around for at leas a year, everything will be a lot more smooth than it is now.

The hardest part of this job is when people get up from their tables to go play games after they have ate their meals. People sometimes forget to pay for their meals. It happens, but it should be avoided.

The most enjoyable part about this job is that we have all kinds of games on. Die hard sports fans will come in and will stay all night for he game. We have great food and beer tubes. Who can go wrong with a beer tube!?
Pros
we get free game cards as employees and 50% off our meals.
Cons
breaks hardly are ever given.
fun and friendly environment with great food and awesome games
Busser, Host, Game Tech (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 6, 2015
A typical day at work is pretty fast-paced and exciting. Everyone is is smiling and enthusiastic. You always run into new and different guests that just want that Dave and Buster's experience. There's always music playing so it makes the day go by fast.You'll always be busy. I learned that if you come to work positive, prepared and willing to work as a team, things will get down faster and with ease. I love all my managers, they have a great bond with each other and loves to lighten the mood for the rest of us. They are guest oriented and very understanding caring of the employee's needs. My co-workers are also a fun bunch. They are respectful, down-to-earth, and ready to work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress that comes with being on a "wait" in the dining room. But the most enjoyable part interacting with a lot of cool co-workers and guests.
Pros
half-price meals for employees, free game cards, benefits, and higher placement opportunities
Cons
long shifts
Pros And Cons
Winners Circle (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 16, 2012
I worked here for a year in the winners circle. i think its the best starting pay and easiest job you will find with little work experience. there are other opportunities to get more hours doing something called "street team" where you go out and promote D&Bs and also "refereeing" where you lead private events in competitive game play. the biggest problem is the managment. They are disorganized and immature. they blame the hourly workers for theyre faults and gossip like teenagers. its really sad and i am not over speaking. in the year that i was there i did not recieve a raise or move to a different position. i felt like they used everyone and they looked more into mistakes than positive things we accomplished. i think that this is the place to work if you want to be a server because its always crazy busy at night. otherwise apply at your own risk.

also i heard that they are getting a new general manager so everything i said could change.
Pros
starting pay, amount of work, benefits for full time
Cons
management, no advancement