Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews in United States

fun workplace
Captain (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDAugust 26, 2016
basically a fun place to work even though its unorganized, there are some perks. management thinks they are better than their employers.most enjoyable part is watching kids have fun.
Pros
overtime, employee discount, free drinks
Cons
no breaks, unorganized, hours cut
Fast Pace
Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2016
Sometimes busy, fast money. a typical day at dave and busters consists of waiting tables, bussing tables, and cleaning up.
workplace with low communication between management and employees,
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2016
Management cared more about profits than making sure the guests and employees were happy. They also created a false sense of room for promotion and moving up in the company.
Under staffed, lots of walk outs, bad management
Host (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDAugust 16, 2016
If management were better managers this could be a great place to work. Unprofessional management, too many young employees, food is hardly ever ordered right, no need making availability, b/c they make their own schedule, whats on schedule is not in system. Better mgmt+better staffing=quality eatablishment.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
No breaks, working alone, unorganized, scheduling issues, unsanitary, bad communication, too many young employees
fast paced, multi- tasking required, and fun place to work at
Server/Special Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 12, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of one-on-one interactions with different types of people that come to our establishments. There is a new lesson to learn working at an establishment that brings different types of people. Working here has taught me to have a sense of urgency, work independently and as a team. We are an establishment built on teamwork so we are more than co-workers, we are like family.
Pros
fun, team-work, good money
Cons
short breaks, health-care
Fun, upbeat enviorment but also very draining/demanding
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 10, 2016
A typical weekend serving shift at Dave & Busters was always stressful, there was always a lack of team and teamwork. By the time they did get the team together half had already quit. The turn over rate was astounding. Management was great at times, but often seemed as if they overlooked the needs of their employees based on the demand of the company. It wasn't uncommon to hear about an employee being wrongfully done in more ways than one and it was a constant issue. We didn't get lunch breaks nor were we allowed to order food without there being a problem with a manager. The schedule always had some kind of mess up (good luck getting a Saturday off as well.) and quite a few managers seemed to think they could talk to employees however they wanted. Favoritisim definetly played a big part in working at D&B. The only really good thing I can say about working there is it got me in touch with great people and their vibe, be it servers, bartenders, winners circle, whoever, made that it a whole lot better.
Pros
People and connecting with them.
Cons
Management, rarely get lunch breaks, scheduling, turn over rate, etc.
Work at D&B
Front Desk Receptionist, Captain (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 7, 2016
Great store, excellent staff.
Training was quick and simple and work culture was fun.
Good discount and nice perks
Easy going work environment as well
Pros
50% off food on days you work, play card w/ 50 chips per week
Cons
Discount only on days you work
Potential for being a great job but management is unbearable
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 6, 2016
Dave and Busters as a company provides better benefits and pay than most kitchen jobs. How ever the management at the Braintree store has little to no regard for their staff. The refuse to listen to employees who have been at that store longer than they have been with the company. The cut corners as far as repairs to equipment and refuse to staff appropriately for high volume times. The kitchen is has been under staffed for over a year and with out a prep or banquet cook for nearly 6 months. The reason was so that they could keep labor down. Again Dave and Busters as a company does provide for its employees better than most but Braintree store is run by condescending, lazy, penny pinchers who do not care about their staff.
Pros
paid time off, good health care
Cons
rude to employees, unrealistic work expectations
fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 3, 2016
great work enviroment, so much fun. great experince in the food industry, great management team, great co workers. i got to ride around on a giant tricycle ahaha.i do miss working here. just summer slowed down and the money died.
Fun and productive workplace.
Game Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 2, 2016
The management is very willing to work around a persons schedule. The tech team is good at challenging you to be the best you can be.
Pros
Free lunchs, fun people
Cons
Fast-paced
great job
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 26, 2016
i learned a lot with this job special customer service. you get to deals with all kind of customer service. also you work with great people that will help you with anything you need.
Has potention to be better just stronger leaders
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 26, 2016
When I first started, Dave & Busters was a dream job for me. Although we worked long hours mostly without proper breaking we made tons of money as a server. This years turnover rate has been a battle for everyone. This place just needs a more supportive management staff who actually value guest experiences and insures that every employee is equipped to carry out their job duties properly.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Managment
Fun environment and great place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJuly 25, 2016
I really enjoy working at Dave and Busters. The atmosphere is a lot of fun and there is never a dull moment. It can become a little hectic, especially on weekends, but its nothing our staff can't handle. On a typical day we receive a lot of business, some days may be a little slower. Management and staff is great and really helpful when you need it. For bartenders the bar is spacious, the bartenders are welcoming, and the it is always stocked and kept clean. My coworkers and I work diligently to provide the best experience possible for customers.
Pros
Discounted meals and games, fun environment.
Cons
Can become very hectic at times.
Fun and outgoing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Homestead, PAJuly 25, 2016
This was a very fun and exciting job. It was always good to see the smile on mostly the kids face. While working her the managers we understanding and worked with their employees anyway possible. They make it not only fun for the customers but for the employees too.
An amazing place to work if you don't mind being busy
Winner's Circle (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 22, 2016
Working at the Dave and Busters winner's circle was a trip within itself! I would go in to work not knowing what to expect, I'd never know if it would be busy or completly lifeless, probably the worst thing that could come out of working there would be the endless amount of drunk people however if you're charming enough the drunk people aren't much of a challenge to your day. The end of every day would consist of restocking and just talking about the end of the shift with the best coworkers one could ask for.
Incredible atmosphere
Bar Back/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 21, 2016
I started at Dave & Buster's as a bar back however given my drive and initiative I quickly advanced to be one of the top bartenders employed there. I was asked to train as a bartender within my first 3 months of employment while taking others over 2 years.
Pros
Quick advancement for those who are driven
Cons
N/A
Overall a pretty good place to work.
Host, Referee, Front Desk, Winner's Circle (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 19, 2016
There are many opportunities to train for another department, and the overall people you work with are amazing. Management could've been better.
Fun place to work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 18, 2016
Great place to get some fun in your system.
Great games
Friendly people
Great customer service
Friendly coworkers
A typical day at a fast paced environment
productive and fun work place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 18, 2016
Dave and busters is a great business to work at because you have room to advance into upper management and work your way to the top position if desired.
Captain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2016
Dave and Busters was my first job and Im very happy it was. The culture and work experience helped me much in learning how matters are supposed to be run. During my time there I learned much about food management, business management, and management in general.
Pros
Cons
Job Work/Balance