Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Fun place
Floor Lead Service -Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work while you are in school, you will work late hours and will have to deal with Crazy people. Management was great. a all in all cool place to work
Very stressful and aggravating
Server and Caterer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 19, 2017
A typical work day would be busy and stressful. The management was very poor and contributed to majority of the drama, they needed a more mature staff.
Sell your soul if you want to
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 15, 2017
Most managers are incompetent & insensitive to those who have jobs, school, or anything going on outside of D&B. If you stress to them that you're only available part-time....be ready to get bamboozled into working full time. Only thing worst than the managers are the cheap hill billy guests.

Yes, you can make decent money. Maybe about 22k a year...okay enough to be a student or single person. Don't expect to have a family working here. Managers don't value you. There ought to be a service bartender, but D&B is too cheap to spring for that. The bartender culture is warped there. The company overall is okay. I say if you're applying, try to be upper management.....any one can do it, even if you aren't qualified. That way you'll get paid to be spineless, and a suck up when it comes to guest's complaints and be lazy when it comes to everything else. The service and bartending staff is a revolving door for a reason.
RUN!
Pros
cameras don't work and you can sell game cards for extra money
Cons
everything else
Okay place to work if you are in school
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 14, 2017
If you are not still in school dont work here. They under pay you and when you wanna work they dont wanna give you hours. If you working for your family this is not the job you need
Benefits
Cons
No hours
Poor Customer Service
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 14, 2017
I absolutely loved my job at Dave and Buster's! However, the service that was given to our Guest was extremely POOR and as the Sales Person I could not get everyone abroad to work as a team. Even after numerous complaints from Guest to improve our service. I have letters written on my behalf from Major Corporations complaining about the Service and how they were treated after I persuaded them to come there.

Letters are available upon request.

Customer Service is my driven desire and I have to work in an environment that agrees with that 100%
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Customer Service
Fun and Educational
Midway technician (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and guests, Lots of opportunities to grow.
Educational in technical field.
Advancement and growth.
Good working culture.
Pros
Flexible hours, Discounted food and free games.
Cons
Bar hours
Don't
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 12, 2017
The best way to sum this place up, is the managers just don't care. If anything goes wrong you have to fend for yourself. The restaurant lacks any type of structure and organization
Fast Paced
FOH/Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2017
Very high paced job! Management needs improvement more than I can provide. Hours are long and tiring but the bonus structure is a plus. Its just time for a new scene.
Pros
Bonus and Retirement Plan
Cons
Management is lacking good business skills
overall cleaning and getting ready for open
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2017
every day is the same routine, it gets hard when you need to cover someone, good thing alwAys finish on time, we get pay sick days and vacation, flexible hours.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
not enough hours
Its not a bad place to work at all
Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Working at Dave and busters can be fun, but working there isn't for everyone. If you don't like noisy environments, packed walkways, lots of kids running around, or organized chaos, then its not for you. But if you can handle all that, its a great place to work.
Pros
Daily cash, meet tons of people
Cons
Work hours/work load
Ok
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 9, 2017
Working at dave and buster's is like being in high school. There will be cliques. There will be petty nonsense. Everyone's sleeping together including managers. Can be fun though
quick paced work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 8, 2017
essentially very good at the beginning but turned into one of the worst teams i have worked for. The management team wasn't all it was made out to be and they were not willing to work with employees wanting to move up in the ranks.
Awesome!
Server and Party Expert (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PASeptember 8, 2017
The reputation for this place speaks for itself. It will always be the premiere location for family and adult fun. With great service, amazing employees and awesome games this place is thee best for any occasion.
Dave and Busters - great place to start off serving
Server (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 8, 2017
I really enjoyed the atmosphere at D&B. Everyone I worked with was amazing. They were honestly the reason I stayed. Management often has something to be desired, but I've been serving for a while so I know how to handle unreasonable managers. That being said, issues only happened when the floor got busy. Server managers were always very receptive to school schedules which is a must for me. The clientele you get here really varies, but it's a simple serving job with reasonable compensation most times. You will likely have to take large parties at some point, but there will probably be someone to help you out. Not really that many benefits. Employee meals are only half off, and D&B food is expensive. Would recommend as long as you have reasonable expectations.
Pros
Atmosphere and coworkers (sometimes)
Cons
Clientele, Management
Adult version of Chuck E. Cheese
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 8, 2017
It was long, stressful days due to lack of help from other managers. Because of the restaurant concept, it stays busy from open to close. I learned how to manage in a high-stress work environment. I enjoyed the playing the games with my family on my down time.
Pros
Free games, family atmosphere
Cons
long hours, stressful due to high volume
Money, but is it worth it?
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2017
I can't speak for the company as a whole, but this is just what I personally witnessed and experienced at this particular location. The possibility to make great money is here, but only if you're willing to put up with a lot. Management plays favorites with enforcing policies, s*xual harassment from said management is treated with a "comes with the territory" type attitude and multiple complaints to HR have "gone missing" in transit between management and corporate. Shifts, sections, and job advancement is all based on favoritism not merit. They will never have your back in guest issues, even when corroborated with witnesses. All of that being said, you can make great money here, but only at the sacrifice of your sanity and dignity.
Co workers were nice
Captain (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 7, 2017
Lack of hours and false promises. As well as managers trying to tell you some thing with no intention of making it happen. Very unhappy in the workplace, with favoritism in place
Fun atmosphere
Employee Part time/full time (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work, the atmosphere provided a fun and unique place to work. Management was always kind and willing to work with employees on scheduling and other aspects of the job
Pros
free food
Cons
busy pace
I loved the company
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2017
It was an Amazing place to be and a great company to work for! The employees was great to be around! It wasn't at all hard to move up in the company. I enjoyed the area of the store location it was always busy!
Pretty awesome place to work at, although it's a bit stressful/disorganized at times
N/A (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 3, 2017
The atmosphere of d&b is like no other. It's fun, laid back, extremely friendly, and just straight up rad. The culture/team of d&b is quite comforting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.