Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Fun culture mixed with dedicated professionalism.
Senior DBA/DW Architect (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
Premier environment for a talented, innovative and balanced DBA.Challenges include keeping a fast growing company in scale with their data processing needs and a very advanced and stable BI reporting system begging to be mined more.
Great place to work for a student
Deposit Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 20, 2017
The hours were flexible, and the job itself wasn't bad but there just wasn't any advancement, so working there for a few years with no movement is full.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Hours were cut all of the time
Productive atmosphere!! Great place to work and play.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 19, 2017
I love dave and busters. I've been going there since I was a kid back when it was shared with Jillian's, but now to look at it today and actually work there is amazing. Not only is it a stress free workplace, but we get to interact genuinely with customers, build relationships, and play while were at it. the managers are friendly, well trained and great leaders, as goes for the people hired. one thing is certain...there is never a dull day working at Dave and Busters.
Long Weekends
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJune 19, 2017
Dave and Buster's is normally quiet during the work week, unless there's a sports game playing. Most of the staff are nice and easy to talk with, the guests are generally nice as well. However, if you plan to do anything on the weekends, you'll most likely be working at D&B, as those are the busiest days. If you do plan on taking time off, it's paramount that you inform your managers well ahead of time so they will know not to add you to the clock. Sometimes they are forgetful, so be sure to remind them repeatedly.

As for my job, I will say there is some joy in making sure the dining areas are kept clean, though picking up used dishes all the time can make you feel disgusted a bit.
Pros
Discounts on meals, free drinks while on duty, chance to take delicious meals home
Cons
Breaks are allowed, but you'll be too busy to take them
tough
Server (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 18, 2017
Ensured guest had an enjoyable experience by providing fast, friendly service and being attentive to guests’ needs; exceeded in high volume guest relations and cash handling.
I love this place but..
Service Support (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 15, 2017
This is a great place to work if you're a male unless you plan to be a server. The work is easy ,( if you consider washing, and stacking dishes along with carrying 50 pound bens from across the building easy) but it comes with its cons if your team isn't there to help.
Pros
Free food and great place to have fun
Cons
$5 an hour with poor tips.
great place
Executive Kitchen Manager Southwest Region (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2017
fun to work at. However there are rough crowds in the majority of locations I worked at. Please be careful when working at Dave and Busters. Overal Good
Pros
ha
Cons
ha
They overwork you but the money is really good
server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
Possibly the most unorganized restaurant i've worked at. They force you to work doubles back to back.. no breaks and youre working up to 16 hours straight some days but tips are great..
I'm in LOVE with this company, but management is very lacking.
Winner's Circle (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 14, 2017
I love the company and what they stand for, their charity work, and just the amazing environment. BUT there are some things that have just become not okay over my time with the company. After a year and a half, I'm seeking new employment. I personally don't mind long shifts with no breaks, but I've seen many people leave after two weeks because of this fact. Management is super flakey, some days it's okay, other days you just have to fend for yourself (most of the time). During an 8 hour shift nobody comes to check on you unless you call for guest assistance, only able to use the restroom if you can manage to stop another co-worker walking by. I've heard amazing stories of people starting as servers or bussers and ending up in senior management, but I've never actually witnessed it. Honestly I'm just getting tired of an environment that only cares about the numbers they send to corporate, instead of assisting guests and making sure employees have what they need to actually do their jobs an succeed.
Pros
amazing culture and fun workplace
Cons
no breaks whatsoever, have worked 15hr shifts with no break
Fun Place to Work
Busser and Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
Dave and Buster's is a great place to work. My time is utilized by whomever needs my service as well as my regular duties. The food is also good and they create dishes monthly for our customers to try out.
Awesome Place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
I am enjoy working for Dave & Buster's Inc. I look forward to growing my career with them. The company is opening around 12+ stores a year. So there is a lot of opportunity to work you way up within the company.
A fun place to work!
Waitress (Boss (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72210June 13, 2017
I enjoy working at Dave & Buster's. It is a corporation that is full of benefits and chance to be able to move up in this career. However, this is not the career path for me but it was a wonderful temporary job!
Fun place to work
Winner's Circle (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 12, 2017
The pay is good and they are able to make shifts easy on you. They are very understanding people and have your back.its easy to make friends and meet new people
Pros
Half off on food
Cons
Hours
decent place to work at
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 12, 2017
i love to do maintenance. it was great getting a call back, asking to join there team, so i couldn't turn down the offer! i been there for 6 months now, and the place of business isnt worth being there, but im making sacrifices for my wife and newborn daughter, so it is what it is.
Game room
Winner's Circle (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2017
Fun place to work. we get very busy on the weekdays. also everyone gets along with each other. I would say the hardest part of working there would be the lines.
Restruant
Party Hostess, Waitress, Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2017
The Company is decent to work for. plenty of room to advance or move around to different positions. some employee recognition needs improvement on recognizing how hard employees work day to day.
Productive and fun environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 9, 2017
Fun and very busy. A little unorganized. Management I very reasonable. A lot to learn about the franchise and how it was started by its founders. Great work and playful environment.
Pros
Free tokens to play games every Friday.
Cons
NO BREAKS. No free meals.
Working
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2017
It requires a lot of work to be able to connect with guest and to be able to get through the day with the amount of things that go on there. The co workers can be nice
Sucks so bad i hated to just look at the sign
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2017
This place sucks management sucks servers suck even more no team play they lie and tell u its all ganes and fun when they really manipulate you make u believe yoyr gonna move up when u never do.
Pros
Watching your friends come in
Cons
Everything else i didnt mention in pros .
worse managers ever
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 8, 2017
Horrible company to work for. Making people rich while you're not and getting bull from managers that dont know what they are doing. The employees ( and managers ) are what makes dave and busters a bad place to work.
Pros
nothing good at all
Cons
treated like nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.