Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews in United States

Great atmosphere and the burgers are amazing.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Is a fun and exciting place to work. The staff really lives the culture and enjoys what they do. Managers had a great team culture and willing to help out throughout the market.
Guest Service-Oriented
Server - Food service to guests (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 18, 2016
This was a fun place to work for the most part, and I enjoyed the guests so much and worked hard for them to have a memorable experience. I was very good at promoting Power Cards and often led other servers in this, and was especially good at getting guests to upgrade to Supercharged Power Cards. It was a very stressful job, however, as D&B was a very busy place, especially when short staffed.
Pros
Usually a busy restaurant; could interact with a lot of different people, so no day was the same
Cons
Irregular hours
Fun-filled and fast paced enviorment
Food prep and line cook (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 21, 2015
If your a hardworker and dont need a 30 minute break, just a smoke break and a drink than this jobs for you,,, though thats mostly every weekend and on special events, alot of nice co-workers but dont be scared of the managers because they will tell you how it is even if it makes you cry. So you just gotta hold your tongue and be the best you can be cause you will get recognized for it, the only part I dont like is the color code for the kitchen staff. If your just starting off you wear a blue hate so its like your a rookie. But if you have a black or an orange hat its like your a novice I guess its good to show that you can improve your skills, but sometimes its not fair because its almost like the ranking system in the military,
Pros
TIME FLIES BY IF BUSY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS IF BUSY
Incredible atmosphere
Bar Back/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 21, 2016
I started at Dave & Buster's as a bar back however given my drive and initiative I quickly advanced to be one of the top bartenders employed there. I was asked to train as a bartender within my first 3 months of employment while taking others over 2 years.
Pros
Quick advancement for those who are driven
Cons
N/A
Very faced-paced with a fun vibe
Server, Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79925May 25, 2016
I would run food, drinks, and serve multiple tables at a time. There's great managers there, along with a couple who are hard to work with. The co-workers were great and always down to help. Hardest part was multitasking. Most enjoyable part was the vibe.
Pros
Free weekly reloadable gamecards
Cons
No breaks
stressful work enviroment very hard to get along with manangers and employees i guess they felt i was to upbeat while everyone wasdown on life.
Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 14, 2016
worst place I have ever work need a new job asap the managers are lazy and take a lot of vacations people have said there never going back to D&B
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
everything else
Fun place if you enjoy no outside life!
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 3, 2016
Great company with a lot of room for advancement, but they expect your whole life to be work. You work every weekend and you work all nights. It's exhausting. There are some managers that work mornings, but they are the GMs.
Pros
free lunches, great coworkers, good pay
Cons
no life, all nights and weekends.
Run for the hills
Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 6, 2015
I was with the store for a year, in that year I have never been so stressed out. They are full of managers who are incompetent and childish. They treat it like high school and than get mad and blame us for the same. Towards the end of my employment I was working 3 jobs trying to make ends meet and getting ready to start school. The night before I had to work I started getting violently sick, the day of I had to be at work for 12 so I started to call the store around 8 to call out because I couldn't move not until 11 did I finally get an answer and was told they would not accept my doctors note and if I don't have a cover which I tried to get or go in they would take that as my resignation. Not only is that entirely illegal, it's childish. I quit on the spot. They treat their employees like poo and claim they really do love and care for them. Run.
Pros
SOME of the coworkers.
Cons
Terrible environment. No break. Bad customers. Horrific management. Everything.
Fun and outgoing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Homestead, PAJuly 25, 2016
This was a very fun and exciting job. It was always good to see the smile on mostly the kids face. While working her the managers we understanding and worked with their employees anyway possible. They make it not only fun for the customers but for the employees too.
Captain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2016
Dave and Busters was my first job and Im very happy it was. The culture and work experience helped me much in learning how matters are supposed to be run. During my time there I learned much about food management, business management, and management in general.
Pros
Cons
Job Work/Balance
Productive and fun work place, horrible management.
Skilled customer service expert - waiter/server (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 10, 2015
Great and fun job
Great place to make money
Great coworkers and guest
Poor management
The hardest part of the job is being able to keep cool during unhappy guest.
Family Fun Environment.
Hostess/Front Desk/Winner Circle (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at Dave& Busters is slow in the beginning at and fast at night at times. You see a lot of happy people coming in and out. The hardest part is the people at the end of the night not wanting to leave at times but over all I enjoyed working there.
Same as the first.
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 15, 2016
I'm sorry, I pretty much did the same thing. I could type it again, but I don't want you to read the same thing over again. There are some small variations, just not enough to make a difference. My management, and co-workers were great, and we're all still friends to this day.
Pros
Same
Cons
Same
Energetic and fun environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIJune 27, 2016
The hours were very strict but reasonable. I learned a lot from working in the kitchen there. The winter hours were the busiest and very stressful, however extremely rewarding. Management and all employees were nice to work with.
Pros
exceptional pay
Cons
short breaks
My life at Dave and Busters
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 6, 2015
A normal day would probably be the same as it is at other restaurants but maybe just a little more loud with all the games. I learned how to take larger parties then I ever had before, which has made me a more confident server, so taking a party of 30 is not a problem. one of the hardest parts about my job was that the management was not the most professional, it became a lot more difficult the longer I was there, but on the other hand the most enjoyable part of my last job was making the kids that came in smile and making sure everyone was having a great time.
Pros
I worked with a lot of great people who I am still friends with.
Cons
sometimes they were disorganized
fun and friendly environment with great food and awesome games
Busser, Host, Game Tech (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 6, 2015
A typical day at work is pretty fast-paced and exciting. Everyone is is smiling and enthusiastic. You always run into new and different guests that just want that Dave and Buster's experience. There's always music playing so it makes the day go by fast.You'll always be busy. I learned that if you come to work positive, prepared and willing to work as a team, things will get down faster and with ease. I love all my managers, they have a great bond with each other and loves to lighten the mood for the rest of us. They are guest oriented and very understanding caring of the employee's needs. My co-workers are also a fun bunch. They are respectful, down-to-earth, and ready to work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress that comes with being on a "wait" in the dining room. But the most enjoyable part interacting with a lot of cool co-workers and guests.
Pros
half-price meals for employees, free game cards, benefits, and higher placement opportunities
Cons
long shifts
Fun and fast-paced work environment.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2016
Dave and Buster's has provided me with a fun and fast work place. Management is fair and professional. The employees work as a team, which makes it easier to get through a tedious work day in the kitchen.
Pros
Free lunches, great management, nice employees.
Cons
No breaks.
Exciting and educational
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 10, 2015
This job was amazing as well as the the people, I loved this company and their benefits.This job required computer skills and education on sales and package deal. This place has pool tables and bowling alleys and fully equipped with working arcade.
Working with D&B
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 7, 2016
A day at D&B is unpredictable .You never know what you maybe walking into .It could be a day where only the Phone is ringing and barley customers or it could be a day were people are coming in by the boat load and the phones ringing non-stop.
Fast and fun envrionrment