Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

entertaining diverse workplace
Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 14, 2017
Good job good people lacking a true structure and employment growth system for all employees. Did start off as a busser and got an opportunity to be a tech so the chances are there just not everyone gets a chance to raise up the ranks .
I am happy with the job
Server/Busser (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Dave and Busters is a great company! I like working here it is fun and fast paced when it's busy. The managers are mostly pretty cool and nice.
Pros
Cool people. Fast paced
Cons
Chaos
Good money, sinister company
SERVER / BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 13, 2017
I have worked for the company for three years now as a server and the money is good during its peak seasons. I do have to admit that you will need to have secondary income if you want to pay your rent during slow season. Weekend shifts last for 10-15 hours a day and there is a 20% chance you will get a break. Even if you do get a break, you will still have tables to tend to..,so don't get too comfortable. Every employee is supposed to maximize sales for the restaurant, which is fine, but there will be no extra compensation for doing so. No matter how high the sales, how many new employees you train, how happy you make your guests, and how many hard hours you put in, you will be compensated the minimum $2.13/hr and there is little room for upward mobility. Consider this as a side job for extra cash and students.
Pros
great money during Christmas and Summer
Cons
Maximum expectations for minimum wage
good place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 12, 2017
I learned a kitchen is run and the right way to do things in an efficient manner, my manager did his best to do his part and co workers helped out whenever they could
Company overview
Lead Gaming Technician (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 12, 2017
My work day would be fixing games for customers on the spot. I would have to come up with a solution and fix the game with in five minutes. If this was not possible I would have to find a way to please the customer. When games would not be going down I would be jumping into other departments and helping out the best i can or fixing games that needed replacement parts. Morning shifts before the store would open i would take the game completely apart to regular maintenance cleaning. Than part the game pack together and play the games to make sure they were fulling functioning. Once a month I would take a complete inventory of parts. I got put in charge of maintaining a full stock room of parts.
Good job
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoy the job, but do not feel as if my pay is enough for having a degree. Fun day to day tasks such as interacting with the public and absolutely love having a set schedule.
Benefits
Cons
Pay rate
fun times
Midway Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Responsibilities include and are not limited to: Maintenance and repair of all games; customer service; coin collection; basic electric repairs; stock inventory and quality assurance of inventory.
Pros
work with people
Cons
work with people
Very fun place open to all cultures and familys.
Bareback (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2017
I would love to work at any dave and busters. Its a great deal, especially when you have great employess that, has food right, check on us at great times, and directs us to place to place.
Pros
TeamWork
Cons
Communication
Great experience
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Met some wonderful people working here. Fun and exciting, very family oriented. Management is hard to get along with, but your co-workers make it worth while. Hardest part is dealing with scheduling and trying to work with BOH.
Fun Job!
Videographer/ Media/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2017
Fun place to work, always something going on every night. The only problem you will have as a server is getting a good percentage of tips due to the high price of the establishment.
Good Place to Make money
Server/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2017
if you have any restaurant experience you know it'll never be perfect and things will upset you. But with the volume they have and the culture of server they hire it is a great environment to make money. I would settle down and stay there though because it's all about the seasons.
Horrible place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I am a current server at the Toledo, Ohio location. The managers are the worst I've ever had. They are very disrespectful and don't know how to do their jobs. The kitchen is worst than any place else. 2 hour ticket times! For burgers! No organization! All the managers are sleeping with the servers and giving special treatment. Horrible place.
Pros
Free game play
aom (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2017
dave and busters was a great place to work. the culture was amazing and they live and breath it every day. it was a vary fun atmosphere however had vary late hours and late nights
Very fun place to work
Front Desk Assistant/Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Wonderful place to work fun and exciting everyday is different from working different stations to meeting new an excited guest for there first visit Great food and a very friendly easy going atmosphere.
Dirty and unorganized
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Management is unorganized. Lacks staffing in some areas (that cover sanitation) and overstaffs in other areas (servers). Rats in party rooms. Some (very) unsanitary employees). you can be forced to work parties that make as little as $20 gratuity (for 3-4 hours)
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Few hours; horrible managers; dirty environment
Awful place to work
Server/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 1, 2017
Management is horrible, same as the staff. There is a general lack of work ethic among most of the employees, and they are constantly worn down by the abundance of offers that they constantly have to push on the patrons
You Got It!
Special Events Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 29, 2016
Who wouldn't like to take a break and blow off some steam by racing their coworkers in Mario Kart? The games, teamwork, and locations are all really great!
Pros
Unlimited games
Cons
pay
Very Fun & Hands-On Work Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working here for the short time that I did. All the employees were super nice, the managers for the most part were great also. There were a couple managers that were unprofessional at times. I completely loved the atmosphere here and how most of the guests were always excited to eat AND play games.
Great environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 27, 2016
The environment and the people who work there make Dave and Busters a great place to work. The crowds on the weekend can be a bit much to handle if you are not prepared.
fun place to work
Captain (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDDecember 26, 2016
safe enviornment to work co workers are fun to be around very nice and energetic the job is fairly easy when you have people you can socialize with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.

79%