Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

able to play video games and test them out
Customer Service / Game Tech (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDNovember 3, 2015
amazing job my passion is video games and working here gave the time to play them and work on the machines. Learned to look inside the machines and fix them see a problem and work on it and come up with a plan the managers where great always pushing employees to work harder but they would come and play games on there break for fun the hardest part of the job was to try to fix new machines that would come in and had to load it up with tickets and made sure it worked for guest the best part of that job was I got to host events for games and be a speaker for the event.
Pros
discounts on the food and games
Cons
got off really late and its was part time hours
Day and a life as a waiter
wait staff (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 1, 2015
We just opened our new location a week ago. A great place to make awesome money, meet new people, have fun while working, good for the typical 20 somethings like myself. I have my good guest and I definitely have my bad ones. Serving is a tough yet fulfilling job. Everyone operates to give the guest a great experience, but we are the face lol. But.. Some guest come just to complain on purpose and get free food and not tip. Its very annoying and makes the job frustrating.
Pros
free food, great tips, great energy and atmosphere. Times moves quick.
Cons
first 2 weeks are stressful because we have to work so many days and hours, but by next week our schedules will be Part time as said lol
Fun To Work but Difficult
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 28, 2015
It is fun working at D&B. The workers are really nice and you get pretty close to everybody there. The management team means well but their way of scheduling is horrible. They honestly believe your life revolves around the company. Sometimes they under schedule on obvious super busy nights and your stuck dealing with the wrath of angry customers. Speaking of customers, a good portion are just horrible to deal with. They're rude and stiff tips. I've never truly hated a job until this one. Their "everybody is great" attitude is awesome though and makes me feel really good.
Pros
Great co-workers, really good tips, fun place to be
Cons
Loud, scheduling issues, rude customers
Productive, Energetic Work place
Winners circle attendant (Current Employee) –  Orland, FLNovember 22, 2013
A typical day of working at Dave and Buster's is very energetic and spontaneous. Customer service is of high value in this work place, pleasantness and a smile can brighten someones day. As a employee at Dave and Buster's team work is of the utmost importance, together as a team we can succeed and do better, bringing the most exciting experience to our guest. The hardest part of my job is seeing anyone not having a good time, but what I enjoy most of all is watching and listening to how much fun our guest are having here at Dave and Buster's.
Pros
discount on meals, and free drinks throughout the day.
Cons
20 minute breaks after a very hectic day.
My life at Dave and Busters
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 6, 2015
A normal day would probably be the same as it is at other restaurants but maybe just a little more loud with all the games. I learned how to take larger parties then I ever had before, which has made me a more confident server, so taking a party of 30 is not a problem. one of the hardest parts about my job was that the management was not the most professional, it became a lot more difficult the longer I was there, but on the other hand the most enjoyable part of my last job was making the kids that came in smile and making sure everyone was having a great time.
Pros
I worked with a lot of great people who I am still friends with.
Cons
sometimes they were disorganized
the arcade for adult ......
server (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIMay 14, 2012
Dave and buster is a great resturant to visit however working there had its ups and down the pay wasnt acceptable for the work they had doing like catering party for 5 hours you would walk out with 110 split between 6 people which was crazy for the work you did and that amount is before taxes.I liked the guest they made my job more fullfillingand some would ask for me so. i didnt like have they told me that i should act more like the wait staff go out and drink with them and also not get up set with they complain about table of a certain race i felt uneasy about and eventual departed
Pros
grate music and great preks for contest
Cons
pay for work didnt equate
Most negative company I have ever worked for
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 8, 2015
Typical day at work was understaffed. The management is all male and doesn't seem to care about their staff. Girls were crying every shift I worked because they were either yelled at, written up for small things and over worked. Hardest part of job was pleasing all your guests because we were so understaffed for how busy the place is. The management would push you and push you to get your guest to fill surveys out and give all 5's when they weren't getting quality service.

you don't get any discounts for working there. You can't hang out after your shift and aren't allowed in bar even on your day off.
Pros
Cons
everything.
Employees where the best but Management didn't care.
Service Support (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 27, 2015
I have opened Dave and Busters and worked as a service support in two years. I have met amazing friends and have made decent money over time. But more or less I have been getting paid less and less as time goes on. I have worked for over 2 years and haven't gotten a raise or any solid recognition from dnb. The management didn't care about my personal needs but only cared for the money aspect. Working there for two years lead to me getting paid less and im crossed trained in 4 different positions. Had to save myself and leave before it was too late.
Pros
Coworkers, Game Card, free drinks
Cons
Late hours, management
Great place to work with unlimited potential
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 3, 2014
I started off as a line cook with Dave & Buster's and moved myself up through hard work and determination.

A typical day at Dave & Buster's would be hard to say because of all the numerous changes in menu's and procedures with training and development we had in place.

My co-workers were awesome and very knowledgeable in the area's of expertise they were in.

Hardest part of my job would have been putting in my notice of resignation due to moving out of state for family reasons.

Most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working with all the great staff and corporate backing they had for EVERYONE.
Great Environment, Fast-paced and fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 10, 2013
Dave and Buster's gives you the opportunity to have all out fun while at work earning a very competitive salary for the market and jobs that are required. The store is clean, well-kept, and very up-to-date with protocols and technology. Co-workers are awesome and very outgoing, it's part of the job description basically. The guests are always the driving factor of the store and they are great, without them the day would not be what it was. Management is very knowledgeable and helpful as well as providing constructive criticism when necessary for growth.
Pros
all fun, all the time.
Cons
benefits are relatively lack luster.

Want to know more about Dave & Buster's?

Ask a question
Energetic and fun work environment.
Bartender/Server/Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIJanuary 10, 2013
Days here are long and very fast paced which makes time go by much faster. I learned much of my management and leadership skills here through both online classes and floor follows, as well as being on my own as a hourly manager. Management is very understanding and tons of fun as long as work is still getting done. My fellow employees were like my second family. I couldn't find a better group of people anywhere! The hours were long and sometimes volume was unexpected for the time and that made it stressful, but it was all worth the money and the satisfaction at the end of the day.
I Help Customers With Games And Fix There Problems
Game Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 13, 2015
I Clock In And Get Keys, Radio, Tech Card, Walk The Floor And Makes Sure Things Are Working Proper. Then I Go And Fix The Games The Best I Can While Helping The Guests With The Problems That Take Place While Fixing Others. I Usually Learn I Don't Know Everything And That Everyday Is A Learning Experience.Good To Have Such Cool Co Workers Helping California Crowds Can Be Tough. Disapointing Guests I Would Say Would Be The Most Disapointing Thing Of This Job.
Pros
Customers, Games, Parties, Fun
Cons
Games Down When There Are A Ton Of People, Staff Cooperation, Hours, Benifits For Parttime Work
Fun atmosphere to work in, coworkers were great
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 22, 2014
The daily activities were not only to serve, but to interact with guests, whether it be a discussion of sports or dancing to a song. I learned a bit about the diversity in our community, and to not judge a book by its cover. Management consisted of a team of 6, some were better than others, but for the most part we got along and they got the job done. Co-workers were great, one of the best perks of the job. Hardest part of the job was dealing with certain guests, which was also at times one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
free billiards and bowling
Cons
long hours and some times little business
Productive and fun work place
Service Support (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 7, 2013
The typical work day was fast paced and fun. You always worked with some fun people. I learned how to have good customer service and how to carry a tray of food to a table without dropping it. The management and co-workers were fun to work with. You always have fun times. The hardest part of the job was carrying like 6 or 7 plates on a tray to a table then coming back and doing it again without dropping it on a busy night. The most enjoyable part of the job was playing your employees in the games and eating all that free food.
Pros
free food and you get to leave with food every night if its something left
SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 19, 2015
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS ME GETTING THE GAMES READY FOR THE GUESTS TO PLAY I FILL UP THE GAMES WITH TICKETS AND IF THE DAY IS SLOW I GO TO THE HIGH MAINTENANCE GAMES AND REPAIR THEM IF THE DAY IS BUSY I HELP THE GUESTS THAT NEED ASSITANCE IVE LEARNED HOW TO HANDLE HIGH STRESSING SITUATIONS AND HOW TO MULTI TASK THE MANAGEMENT IS GREAT, THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN YOU ARE ALONE AND THE DAY IS BUSY AND YOU GET ALOT OF CALLS WITH MANY PEOPLE NEEDING YOUR HELP, THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS SEEING THE GAMES ARE WORKING AT TOP SHAPE AND WORKING WELL
Pros
SECURITY MANAGEMENT
Cons
SCHEDULING
Fun atmosphere, terrible pay
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VaSeptember 25, 2013
Friday and Saturday shifts at my location ran from 4-2:30 am. If you smoke, forget about it. The GM of this location doesn't allow for cigarette breaks.

My last friday working there we aired the Mayweather fight for free. Needless to say this brought in around 2000 people, the place was packed from 4:30 until 1:30am.

Despite the large amount of people, the bartenders only left with $120 each after a 10.5 hour shift... I sent them my two week notice an hour later.

Serving is a better position at this location.
Pros
free food, great experience in fast paced bartending, management is great
Cons
no money
Hard Work, but potential for good pay
Cashier, Server, and Busser (Current Employee) –  Springfield OhioDecember 12, 2014
The job can be a lot of fun, but generally it's just hard. It gets really busy and the managers don't really know what their doing a lot of the time. It would definitely benefit from a more structured management team. Each manager seems to have a varying degree of knowledge with the workings of Dave and Busters, so some of them tend to be a bit useless at times. That aside the guests can be really fun to talk to, and when you get 200 dollars in tips on a Saturday night you can't complain too much.
Pros
good pay if you work hard
Cons
bad management, gets really busy, stressful
Definitely a fun environment to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 1, 2014
A typical day at work consist of getting everything prepped and prepared for the rush, I learned you can never get frustrated because it will affect your work day. Management was always around when needed and also helped out tremendously during the busier times. I really loved working with my coworkers they made the day go by faster lots of laughs and jokes to get you through the day. Hardest part of the job is not having a routine to stick to you have to give yourself one to follow. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfied looks on the guest face!!
Awesome Job
COCKTAIL SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work would be arriving on time to work full of energy and on time. Working here I've learned it's just as important to ensure childrens' satisfaction as it is adults, D&B is a great family establishment. Co-workers all awesome and I miss them very much although we all still keep in contact. Hardest part of my job, I would have to say is working with so many kids. Though I wasn't trained for it, I did get the hang of things really fast. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the great food and awesome atmosphere.
Pros
free food free games
Cons
sometimes the money would suck
Productive, enjoyable, secure
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 21, 2012
This job is fun. I'm constantly on the move never a boring moment. Have had plenty of learning experiences as far as dealing with everyday people and proper business procedures. This job has given me the tools to manage and conduct my life in a manner that will help in everyday life. The employees at the company are the best part of the day to day. They are always willing to help. The hardest part with the job is the fluctuation in hrs, but the travelng with the company as a corporate trainer is well worth it.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
the hours required to work never stay the same