Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

Productive fun workplace. Very fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CANovember 15, 2017
Fun to work Dave and buster. Shift got really intense during the holidays. Never took a break. Cause it was too busy and orders had to be made or else the team would fail. Fun and great people on the upside of things.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks when busy
Working at Dave & busters
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 14, 2017
Working at Dave & buster was a fun and learning experience great team work the time I spent working as a cleaner. Mangers was there to help with certian situations
great
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2017
working at dave and busters is fun but the hours are tough. I had an excellent relationship with the mangers I worked with and would recommend working at dave and busters
Pros
culture
Cons
hours
Good/Fun place to work
Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2017
If you enjoy being in an arcade then this is the place for you. The atmosphere is fun and fast-paced. You get to see how the games work and what it takes to keep them working.
Pros
Fun, Good atmposhere, good management
Cons
Lack of pay and benefts since they rarely offer full-time to game techs
Fun place to be.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 13, 2017
Basic front desk work, answering phone running payment for customers. nice loud music and games, fun to be in the midst of games and fun. always a good day watching smiles and happy people leave and come in.
Can be great depending on management
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYNovember 12, 2017
fairly easy job, you make your money based on tips. however sometimes you do not get tipped no matter how much effort you put in. the people you work with can truly make a difference in how smoothly things run.
A great place, with a few minor issues
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 12, 2017
To be honest? It's a really fun place to work when all of the wheels are turning at the same time. The issue is, management is sloppy. Very, very sloppy. They forget about employees, complain when we need something that only they can provide, and consistently fail to communicate with each other. I actually find myself dreading my shift depending on which managers are on duty that evening. Our hours are based on demand, and certain managers will send you home SUPER early despite demand, while others will keep you past your shift simply because they forget you are there or don't feel like dealing with guests themselves. There are only a few managers I actually don't mind, while others are...unfit.
Pros
Fun, active, free meals sometimes, free limited gameplay
Cons
disorganized, fluctuating hours
Fun company
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2017
Each department works closely on a regular basis to assist one another in furthering the company. Not your typical office environment (we have video games in the lobby). Long hours, but worth the hard work.
dave and busters
Server (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 11, 2017
This is a fun and exciting place to work for. Lots of things going on at the same time and lots of opportunity to make the experience for guests a great time.
Fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDNovember 8, 2017
Working at Dave and Busters is really a challenge but you'll get the hang of it. Everyone is literally like family, we all get along and even when we argue we somehow seem to love each other.
part time
Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
Very fast paced and stressfull. Always understaffed, but quick cash can be made here. Hours are adequate but if you need more hours it can be achieved.
Productive and fun place to work
Front Desk/ Host (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2017
A typical work day is 8-10 hours, learned great customer service skills, management is nice, they try to help, workplace is fun, family oriented, the hardest part of the job is standing, the most enjoyable part is seeing kids smile.
Pros
tips
Cons
standing
Great community
Game Technician (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 4, 2017
I would recommend applying to Dave and Buster in Milpetas because everyone was super friendly, we all knew each other and helped out whenever we could. The managers were understanding and patient as well as easy to talk to and get along with.
Pros
Fast enviorment, good pay, benifits
Cons
Gm can be moody(?), drunk customers are hard to handle sometimes
Fun Place to Work with Great People
Server (Former Employee) –  Utica, MINovember 3, 2017
Pro- Staff is friendly, Tips are better than your average restaurant, access to certain games during dead time, discounts on food.

Cons - burn through management, you can get stiffed on large bills, and the hours are LONG and EXHAUSTING
Full of hope
Server/Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2017
D&B builds you up to think that they care about you and your development, but after struggling for a year and being told that you have to wait in order to move up and sometimes when you get promoted you'll have to take a lost in pay, i feel that the culture they promised has been lost and it is now just another restaurant. it's very stressful and the treatment of employees is unfair and there is a great lack of responsibility, accountability, and communication. It started off as a great place to work, but only got worse after time, and each month for the past 8 months I've been promised that it'll get better.
Pros
Possibility for growth over a long career, free gameplay
Cons
Stressful working conditions, poor management, niche restaurant
fun place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Very fun place to work pay was so so. Work hours were very long and late into the morning also no holidays off they were open 365 days a year. This cause undo stress at home.
Productive and fun place
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 2, 2017
A typical day at work is basically getting a section and waiting for your tables to be filled. Whether its 2 people or a party of 20, you are still expected to provide the same amount of well-rounded customer service.
Pros
Free game play, good food, good tips
Cons
no breaks, stressful, very time consuming
Horrible place to work.
Janitorial / Cleaning Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 2, 2017
Never would I encourage one to work for this establishment! Management is horrible. Nonetheless, you establish lifelong friendships. Working here you get paid decent however, you can't get the hour's you need pay bills.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Horrible management.
Amazing company to be apart of
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 2, 2017
I find this to be 1 of my favorite places to to have worked at in the hospital industry. Teamwork is a huge part of the company and for myself. You're handpicked and able to be yourself with no judgment so everyone fits in.
Pros
Good money, benefits, great environment, fast paced
Fun Workplace
Customer Service - Winner's Circle (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 1, 2017
I spent 6 years working for this company and I enjoyed my entire time here. I worked in the Winner Circle. I enjoyed the morning shift stocking the plush and organizing before we open then to be there when people come in. I enjoyed the private parties and corporate events. Met a lot of great people. This company has a lot of room to advance and grow.
Pros
Discounts, Advancement, Environment
Cons
Short breaks, inconsistent hours based on need for business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dave & Buster's. Our community is ready to answer.