Davenport Community Schools Employee Reviews

awesome work enviroment
Part time substitute para educator (Former Employee), bettendorf iowaSeptember 28, 2014
I learned to be patient with others with disabilities and ejoyed learning how to state document
Fun Place to work
Para Educator (Current Employee), Davenport, IAApril 21, 2014
Pros: almost everything!
Cons: no pay during summer, spring, and winter breaks
If you love kids, this would be a great job for you. Great work hours and a bonding experience. Management is great and co-workers feel like family. The hardest part of the job would be seeing the students move on to the next school, but at the same time it is also one of the most enjoyable part of the job knowing you helped a child succeed.
Fun instructing and building relationships.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 5, 2013
Pros: the schedule, the pay, gained experience learning to communicate assertively.
Cons: behavioral issues, lack of respect for giving a guest a time to break.
Some schools do not have good discipline systems in place for misbehavior at the middle school level but this is the administrations fault, not the teachers. Check in, go to class and carry out lesson plans. Sometimes it's a little ridiculous when subs are carrying out lesson plans and they often take away your prep period when all the other normal teachers get a break. Overall, decent experience. It's better once you get to building relationships with some of the students but middle school is an award age for any child.
work in cafeteria
food service worker (Current Employee), Davenport, IAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: being eith the kids & knowing they were getting feed
Cons: short breaks, personality conflicts
the most enjoyable part of my job is that i felt comfortable at what i didmy coworkers thought i was alittle crazy but they all enjoyed my abilitys at the job and all my experience
Currently at Children's Village at Hoover: Supportive staff who truly care about the children and families we serve
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Davenport, IAApril 21, 2013
Pros: close-knit group of co-workers.
Cons: less than 8 hours a day and do not work or get paid during holiday breaks
The day typically goes fast and we get a lot done with very busy times being when children are arriving for the day or being pick-up at the end of the day.

I've learned to work through distractions and to multi-task and the importance of listening.

Our staff work well with each other and help each other out when needed. There are occasional disagreements but they are worked out quickly and professionally and do not affect quality of work.

I feel the administrator is knowledgeable about the rules and regulations governing early childhood education both statewide and nationally and she really cares about the service we provide. She does have the best interest of the school at heart. However, she is not always a good communicator and is, at times, unpredictable and that is the hardest part of the job.

What I like best about the job is the variety of duties throughout the day, my co-workers and having young children in the building.