Davenport Community Schools Employee Review

View all Davenport Community Schools reviews

Fun instructing and building relationships.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 5, 2013
Some schools do not have good discipline systems in place for misbehavior at the middle school level but this is the administrations fault, not the teachers. Check in, go to class and carry out lesson plans. Sometimes it's a little ridiculous when subs are carrying out lesson plans and they often take away your prep period when all the other normal teachers get a break. Overall, decent experience. It's better once you get to building relationships with some of the students but middle school is an award age for any child.
Pros
The schedule, the pay, gained experience learning to communicate assertively.
Cons
behavioral issues, lack of respect for giving a guest a time to break.

Other Davenport Community Schools Employee Reviews

Moved to Florida
Professional Secretary (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 30, 2017
I loved working for Davenport schools. Great benefits and made a lot of friends. I had wonderful bosses to work for. My sister had moved to Florida 14 years ago, and we are best friends. I just wanted to be closer to her. Miss working for the school district though.
Flexibility
Health Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 23, 2017
My typical day at work is passing medication to students, data entry, minor first aid treatments. What I learned while an employee is the training that is given to you and how each day is different. Management at my school is great and understanding and caring. They work as a team. The hardest part of the job is not knowing all the students at my school. Most enjoyable part is having the ability to work in an actual office setting but still showing sympathy and knowing that students appreciate it. And if you need to go to appointments, etc. you have time built up for that.
Pros
Good benefits and wages, flexibility.
Cons
No pay in the summer