Davenport Community Schools Employee Review

View all Davenport Community Schools reviews

Fun Place to work
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 21, 2014
If you love kids, this would be a great job for you. Great work hours and a bonding experience. Management is great and co-workers feel like family. The hardest part of the job would be seeing the students move on to the next school, but at the same time it is also one of the most enjoyable part of the job knowing you helped a child succeed.
Pros
Almost everything!
Cons
No pay during Summer, Spring, and Winter breaks

Other Davenport Community Schools Employee Reviews

Moved to Florida
Professional Secretary (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 30, 2017
I loved working for Davenport schools. Great benefits and made a lot of friends. I had wonderful bosses to work for. My sister had moved to Florida 14 years ago, and we are best friends. I just wanted to be closer to her. Miss working for the school district though.
Flexibility
Health Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 23, 2017
My typical day at work is passing medication to students, data entry, minor first aid treatments. What I learned while an employee is the training that is given to you and how each day is different. Management at my school is great and understanding and caring. They work as a team. The hardest part of the job is not knowing all the students at my school. Most enjoyable part is having the ability to work in an actual office setting but still showing sympathy and knowing that students appreciate it. And if you need to go to appointments, etc. you have time built up for that.
Pros
Good benefits and wages, flexibility.
Cons
No pay in the summer