Davenport University

Davenport University Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 10, 2014
I enjoy being an adjunct faculty member for Davenport University and helping students to achieve their goals.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Davenport University Athletic Training Intern (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free gear from most teams
Cons: short breaks, long hours
Fun environment where the athletes are very appreciative of the athletic trainers. Long days are typical along with travelling with the teams to various tournaments.
Excellent and exciting workplace
Office Assistant/ Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 19, 2014
I loved my job. I had a chance to interact with all sorts of different people. I enjoyed the atmosphere of being apart of a team and also being the leader of one.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 26, 2014
Pros: i loved the work environment and everyone i worked with.
Cons: it was only a work study position.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client issues
- Provide instructional guidance to end users
Great Job and Co-Workers
Part-time Student (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 14, 2014
Cons: short-term position
Working as a work-study for Davenport University Holland Campus was an experience I won't soon forget. The staff was so supportive and nurtured an environment of care and encouragement for all employees and students.
it's alright
Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee), Warren, MIMay 4, 2014
If you want a job where you work hard for a meager paycheck this is the place to be. you learn a lot by being thrown in the trenches. The training is great, and the promotions are all about numbers, not about who's the most popular, which was nice. Good company, but I would get promoted and get out of there as soon as possible.
Fun environment to be in
Front desk/ work study (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 26, 2014
Pros: multi-tasking and working for so many department areas
Cons: it is a work study position only
Working at Davenport was fun and exciting. I got to learn something new every day. I was an aid to the teachers, the students and the staff. I had to make copies, student paperwork, fix things. I also got to express my creative side by being able to do a monthly calendar board. The job was demanding and I was always on the go doing something. It was – more... nice. – less
Beautiful day at the office
STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Warren, MIApril 22, 2014
My time at Davenport was a great one. I worked in career services and as a front desk staff. Greeting students, staff and faculty on a day to day basis, expressing my creativity when displaying events and informational tips for students and staff around the school. I really enjoyed my time there.
Davenport University was one of the best employment experiences I've had.
Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 17, 2014
Davenport porvided me opportunities to cross train in various departments and allowed me to build a strong foundation as I continued my career with other post-secondary institutions.
Productive fun interactive
Assistant Bowling Coach (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 16, 2014
Being the assistant bowling coach, we never had a typical day. We would practice three to five time a week for and hour and a half and would travel on most weekends. During our weekend tournaments we would be at the bowling center anywhere from four to nine hours at a time. From this job I learned how to manage a team not just be apart of one. My co-workers – more... were very helpful when needed. The most enjoyable part about this job was seeing my team succeed. – less
Fun Coaching staff
Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 7, 2014
Great Coaching staff to work with. Lots of travel cvery cool team expierence
Wonderful place to work and my Co-workers are the best.
Customer service (Current Employee), Midland, MiMarch 20, 2014
Pros: friendly, productive environment.
Cons: i am a work study, therefor no full time or benefits
I spend my time at Davenport University making calls and setting up appointments for those who have inquired about taking classes.
I also assist my boss with faxing or email, creating entrance folders for new students.
I have learned how to efficiently use the Hobson Connect and I am able to assist students with any information they may need concerning – more... the University. If I do not have the answer to a students question, I am able and willing to direct them to someone that does. – less
Fast-paced environment, in which flexibility and agility is needed
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 17, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit offerings, great team environment
Cons: lacks work/life balance and opportunities to advance
-Fast-paced environment in which flexibility is the key
-Learn to juggle many initiatives and priorities simultaneously
-Learn to work with variety of management and management styles as my role interacts with all levels of employees and candidates
-Work hand-in-hand will all facets of HR
-Most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of the "welcoming" – more... of new employees after guiding hiring managers through the recruitment process – less
Great environment, friendly and respectable staff and students.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Caro, MIFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: everything
Enjoyable hours, always kept busy, always learning, management is dependable and trustworthy.
Great learning environment. Wide range of exposure.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers, creative and upbeat atmosphere, and exposure.
Cons: having to leave after graduation.
Every day:
I contact supervisors about their employees
Post new jobs in PeopleAdmin
Process applicants (run background checks, create files, etc.)
Scan documents into Image Now
Pull reports from Image Now and Banner
Create handouts, posters, and other things to hand out at orientation and job fairs

I love my job and the interaction I have with my co-workers. – more... Everyone is very friendly and helpful. We take pride in the fact that we try hard and always put the students first. The hardest part of my job will be leaving after graduation. The most enjoyable part is the communication and wide range of exposure to all parts of hr. – less
family fun
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here as we were a big family and could even bring our dogs to work
Superior work environment with a friendly atomosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: breaks, flexible work hours, and job advancement
Davenport likes to keep Davenport alumni within their University. They are very friendly and actively growing. Employees receive annual reviews of how their job performance has improved since starting with the University.
Fun place to work/ Excercise Room for employees
Library Assistant/Work Study (Current Employee), Flint, MIDecember 18, 2013
Pros: cultural environment, great for children
Cons: pay is not great
My typical day included greeting people and working with their accounts whether first time users or outstanding accounts. Enjoyed meeting people and working with great people.
Productive and friendly place to work
Information Security Analyst/ IT Support (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 22, 2013
Management maintains a congenial atmosphere and tries to make every employee happy. The hardest part of the job is that work starts earlier than most companies but once work starts, you quickly forget you woke up early.
Dedicated faculty and motivated students. Began teaching with the first graduating class - exciting new endeavor
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2013
Pros: independent functioning with help available anytime i request it. affirming leadership.
Cons: employment is negotiated on semester to semester basis without job security.
I spend an eight hour shift once per week with approximately ten students at an inpatient psychiatric facility. I assign individual patients to the students, discuss and evaluate the students' treatment plans, and supervise their functioning on the units.

I have learned how entering into the field of mental illness and addiction is initially overwhelming – more... for young students and their attitudes change as they become personally acquainted with patients. They become strong advocates for the rights of the mentally ill.

The hardest part of the position is working outside the university setting and maintaining close communication with the program leadership. The most enjoyable part is participating in both professional and personal growth of the students. – less

1 2 3