Davenport University Employee Reviews

Amazing.
Assistant Cheerleading Coach (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIMay 5, 2017
Working at this university is not only satisfying, but so very rewarding. Every aspect of this job has helped me grow as an individual inside and out, and helped others grow as well. The effects that this University has on the community around it, as well as those within it, is something very unique to the culture of the school.
Pros
culture
Cons
This was a temporary/part time position
Internship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 2, 2017
This was a great experience! Staff was supportive and helped in gaining new contracts for graduates needing an internship. I learned how to coordinate and facilitate contracts while assisting graduates with opportunity to learn on the job experience.
Good Workplace
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 30, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I worked evenings. Everyone was very nice. Never had any issues taking off work, when needed. Pay was average. Would work here again.
A good place to work
Marketing/Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 28, 2017
A good place to work. Was downsized after 9/11. I really loved the position that I had, and was able to advance into different positions easily over the years
I currently Attend School here.
Bachelors Degree Case Management, Allied Health (Current Employee) –  onlineApril 20, 2017
I love how the classes are geared towards working students! All online classes are accelerated and only last 7 weeks. Just when I am starting to get burned out, I realize I only have 2 weeks left, and know I can do it!
comfortable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 18, 2017
This place was nice to work in from an administrative stand point. There are a lot of opportunities to move around in the company within its multiple locations throughout the state.
A great institution to work at
Adjunct Professor of Business (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 18, 2017
I worked at this institution over a 30 year period of time. I found it to be a great place to be at. Students were mostly older adults and were more foccussed than students right out of high school.
A collaborative experience
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2017
As with any university when you are an adjunct professor, the learning curve to adapt to the environment takes some time. In addition, those who choose to teach in this profession as an adjunct do so not for the financial gain, but because they enjoy their field and want to give something back to the community. It is fun to interact with like minded individuals and see how some student progress throughout the years and into their respective field. Like all thing, there are pros and cons and issues, but these I consider minor problems.
Pros
flexible, fun, collaborative environment, good colleagues.
Cons
Pay, hours outside of teaching, grading papers, exams
Great for Students
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49017March 26, 2017
This job was a good starting point for me. I eventually wanted to get into an administrative/clerical type position working with computers. I mostly made a lot of copies/faxes for registrar and made appointments for Academic advisers. It was a small campus and I also restocked classroom items, and created advertising billboards for events and such.
Pros
Easy laid back, sit down job, clerical
Cons
nothing really, other than the campus I worked at moved to another city.
Best place I've ever worked-best manager-ever!
Human Resources /Training Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2017
My only regret is the fact that I did not stay long enough to enjoy a long term career and one of the best employers I've ever had the opportunity to work for. My manager was fantastic, caring and motivated and encouraged me which made me feel great to be a part of such a great team!
Pros
Lynda Cribari
Very good school
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 17, 2017
Loved working there. I was able to get more experience while also getting my degree. Job was flexible and worked around my class schedule. A grest way to get myself back in the workforce.
An excellent place to work and grow.
Adjunct Instructor, Internshp manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 13, 2017
Davenport University has all of the undergraduate classes one could ask for including Nursing, Business, legal and all supporting specialties. It also has a graduate school leading to the MBA and that is very well supported.
Pros
Education and support.
Cons
They were unwilling to allow political debate by all candidates and ANY outlying camouses, .
Excellent environment with great benefits
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2017
Management is very supportive and the environment is excellent. Higher turnover due to student positions and lower hourly wage. However the benefits are excellent.
Great job to get some expereince with leading and teaching
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 23, 2017
I have been employed at Davenport as a part-time adjunct instructor for five years. The professors who assign classes, give me regular assignments, and I am able to better keep up with trends in business due to the prep I must do in order to teach effectively. It has been a good experience overall, though the pay and benefits are very low. If you rely on this type of work to pay your bills- don't do it. But if you want to give back and return your knowledge to others- this is a great way to support the community.
Pros
Fun environment. Good support from the ladies who administer to adjuncts.
Cons
low pay even compared to other coleges in the area, Little input into the rest of the university system, Almost no status as an employee
Productive Working Environment
Sports Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 8, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Davenport. Not only did I learn a lot from the managers but I was giving projects/events that I was able to manage on my own. This really helped me show my skills and ability as a Sports Marketing Intern for the Athletics Department.
Fun and Professional
Library Assistant, Front Office (Former Employee) –  Midland, MI 48640February 2, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Davenport University. The staff is so friendly. The environment is always clean, and safe. Everyday I would arrive, and everyone would always greet me, and everyone there is always happy to see everyone. It is like family working there. Everyone is very laid back, which I loved.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Min. hours
Sports Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2017
A typical work day is showing up 1 hour before the game starts. Next i have to take the laptop, video camera, camera stand, and all essential cords out of the bag. Next set up the camera on the stand and then start running the Wirecast program on the laptop so that we can live stream the game.
Student (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 18, 2016
I didn't work at Davenport, rather was a student. Great education, but continually raising costs making it difficult for students to complete education without incurring large student loan debt.
Great people, not the best atmosphere
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2016
Great people and a not bad place to work. Just like everywhere else, there are good and bad things. Lots of change, good and bad. A challenging place to have a career.
Flexible.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 6, 2016
Workstudy so it was really easy to do my homework and work at the same time. The work enviormant was really fiendly and easy going. Most of my co-workers where also classmates.