David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Challenging every second but good.
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee), Southaven, MSJuly 28, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: low pay
This company has the opportunity for anyone to make money based on the traffic in the store if they know how to sell. There are some days it's like magic, and everyone wants their dress. Other days there are many challenges to overcome to sell because the customers don't really know what they want.To me, these are my favorite moments. I get the opportunity to shine and to really figure out her style; create her vision. It feels like I am designing her dream as I select each element to add to her dress! I love it, but it does not pay enough on the slow season to make it just on this alone.Be prepared to have a second job!
Love the girls I work with
Bridal Consultant (Current Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 28, 2015
Finding a bride her dream dress. You learn a lot about types of dresses and current bridal styles. I love my managers and co workers. The hours are long but that is true in any retail job.
Great environment!
Stylist-Consultant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: not a full time position
My managers were amazing! They were very understanding and always remained positive. My co-workers were a pleasure to work with as well. The most enjoyable part of this job was having the privilege to assist a future bride in selecting her gown, as well as style the whole party. I learned how to very productive in sales.
Decent management/Crazy hours
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJuly 25, 2015
Overall, it was a fun place to work, because of the Brides and clients that came in. Some of the management was a bit incompetent. Hours were all over the place and not as flexible.
comfortable environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2015
great place to work. co-workers are pleasant and happy to help out others. received stock and entered data in system. shipped packages to customers and other stores. answered customer questions and resolved customer problems.
Selling beautiful wedding gowns to brides.
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Meeting wonderful people
Cons: management was aweful
I enjoyed the friendships that I built with my brides and their families. It was a wonderful experience to help someone through the most important day of their life.
Fun work place
Alterations Specialist (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 21, 2015
I love my job, because I enjoy sewing, I must say I have learn a lot, you meet a lot of people. I get alone with co - workers. I would like to work more but the hours are not there.
Best place to work!
Alterations Specialist and Bridal Consultant (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good pay, nice people, flexible hours, and pot lucks on Saturdays!
Cons: No benefits, no pay raises unless going from seasonal to part/full time
Everyday you are greeted by your friendly co-workers. They allow you to have fun while doing your job. Not many restrictions as long as you meet your productivity rates. They do not require any experience and teach you everything you need to know. All the managers treat you as an equal, no one is better than anyone else. The hardest part of this job is meeting your productivity, if there is no customers it is difficult to meet your selling amount. The most rewarding part is when the bride finds her dress, it can often bring tears of joy.
Alterations manager is hard to work for, she is very picky about EVERYTHING. Other than that, alterations can be a fun enjoyable place to work as well.
see below
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 18, 2015
David's Bridal was a fun and rewarding place to work...making the brides'dreams come true was quite amazing. The stories that were told to us by the brides were emotional,exhilarating,hilarious,and truly from the heart. I learned how to make the most upset bride,mom,or bridesmaid, happy with excellent customer service.The co-workers were amazing and always wanted the positive feedback i had to give. Cancelled weddings were the hardest part to deal with,especially when the groom cancelled the wedding.
fast paced.
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Whitehall PaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: the co-workers
Co-workers were a great team. My manager(s) were amazing. The staff was very friendly and we always worked together as a team which helped build our client base. I learned a lot with customer service as i have done with many of my jobs over the years and being able to adapt myself to the many different personalities that customers possess. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day and limited breaks if any, depending on the amount of appointments.
facee pase work environment, felt like family wish it paid better.
Stylist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: donuts, cookies, brownies, candy always found in the lunch room by managment, as a sort of "thank you for your hard work"
Cons: multiple brides at once and the fact that it was commition.
Every day you clock in, if you do not have a bride you steam dresses that were being picked up. you organize the racks, or offer to help out a stylist who has a bride (or two).
When you have your bride, bridal party or Prom you dress them from head to toe. from the proper bra and slip, the dress they chose, the matching shoes, veil, and jewelry. Sometimes more than 5 times in one sesion. I learned patience, customer is always right, and never stay idle for more than 5 minutes to always keep busy. Management was great, very understanding yet stern when needed. Co-Workers helpful if needed and always making the environment fun and up beat. the hardest part of my job would be keeping up with my own clean up while juggling between a bridal party of 8 and 2 proms. the most enjoyable part of my job was making my bride happy. Helping her finding the dress of her dreams and dressing her from head to toe ready to walk down the isle.
Productive and the coworkers are amazing
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), LubbockJuly 13, 2015
I love Davids Bridal and I would love to go back, The atmosphere is just amazing. The managers are very professional and are very sweet. I could not have asked for better co workers.
Made a lot of friends, but you will never advance
Alterations Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJuly 12, 2015
You will probably get told things that will never happen to get you interested in the job. They also will never promote you unless you have been working there for over 3 years minimum.
David's Bridal is a great place to work.
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee), Novi, MIJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Meet and work with a lot of great people, stress free atmosphere, great deals and discounts.
Cons: Only part time hours available and no benefits.
David's bridal in Novi is a great place to work and flexible hours. A lot of detailed oriented work, very fast paced but a fun and friendly environment. Super great management team, very supportive and knowledgeable staff, and alterations team, always courteous, professional, and efficient.

C.R. of Northville
Davids Bridal
Bridal Consultant, Stylist, Cashier (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 9, 2015
Nice place to work, I could only be there for a couple of weeks due to conflicting schedules, but the time I spent there was enjoyable. Truly focused on the customers experience and happiness.
Turnover
Third Key Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 7, 2015
The sales consultants do not stay very long, which makes it difficult to manage and get to know each person. Overall, it is a very upbeat environment and while I was there, the store manager was wonderful.
experienced manager
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 6, 2015
15 years as a Store manager, I am focused customer experience, building a driven team of employees, implementing and training of company initiatives, and achieving sales plans.
Fun Place to work
Wedding consultant (Former Employee), Florence, KyJuly 2, 2015
It was a fun place to work. However can be stressful. Pay was a low hourly rate but also made commission off of sales of dresses.
Productive environment
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Weekly Incentives
Cons: Short breaks
Faced paced environment with opportunities for advancement. The most enjoyable part of work was meeting and acknowledging with new customers on a daily basis.
Fun Workplace
Stylist (Former Employee), Greenwood, INJune 30, 2015
There was never a dull day at David's Bridal. Between always having something to do there, interacting with the customers was always fun, new, and exciting.
Employees