David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Fun working with brides
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 22, 2017
This job was fun while I was in college. I learned a great deal about customer service. I built a great clientele book. Connecting with all the beautiful brides was great!
Fast Pace
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJFebruary 22, 2017
High energy and a lot of product. Need to be focused for this type of job and have excellent patience. Customer Service is a must
Pros
Fashion design
Cons
Attitudes
productive AND fun work place, with nice employee
Alterations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work is so fun, we work with time, fixing of dresses. attending to customers for fitting, ironing of dresses. etc. I learned alot from davids bridal, how to hem down a dress in a different and unique way. The workplace is a fun, you will always look forward togo to work the next day. friendly and caring people.
The hardest part of the job is the maintenance of the fabrics, which is not a difficult thing to do if you really know what you doing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going in the morning and you have stuff todo, fixing of dresses, and sewing makes me happy and that is what i will do, till the end of time.
Pros
free launches.
Cons
breaks and health care
Fun and professional atmosphere
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 21, 2017
There are slow moments when you can catch your breath, but there are also fast pace moments when you are very busy and have to be on your P's and Q's.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 20, 2017
I love working at David's Bridal. During Bridal Christmas, it's a little stressful, but our team knows how to stay calm and collected throughout. Management is great! They know exactly how to help their employees. I've learned how to handle myself on the phone and how to help the customers with anything they need. A typical work day includes tasks such as calling clients for appointments, dress pickups and other items. I also answer the phone to make appointments and to answer any questions made by the clients or other store team members. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing dreams come true by helping the brides and bridesmaids find exactly what they've been wanting.
Pros
I get the chance to help the clients.
Cons
I do not receive enough hours.
Great Place to Work
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 20, 2017
I loved working at David's Bridal. I would recommend it to everyone! There are many opportunities to help future Brides make their dreams come true.
David's Pay Rate
Wedding Stylist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 19, 2017
If you have all the money in the world, is just looking to work for fun and has interest in the bridal industry than this will be the right job for you.... The pay rate for part time stylist was $9.66/hr and approximately $7/hr + commission (if you sold enough dresses every shift)
Pros
Learning about different dresses, designers and fabrics
Cons
Pay rate, rules, competition
Rewarding job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIFebruary 16, 2017
It is a lot of fun working in the wedding industry as you are helping brides pick out their dresses for their big day. Their management team was great and we worked well with each other. The hardest part of the job is the lack of new technology. We are working with old and outdated devices that can make us look mid century. But overall, I had a great staff team and would love to come back and have that experience again.
Bridal Consultant
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNFebruary 16, 2017
Great experience. Was able to help and make many women's dreams of finding that perfect dress a reality. Job security was not all that great, it was the reason for leaving.
Fun and Positive, but minimal financial gains
Stylist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 15, 2017
David's Bridal is a great company to work for, and I really enjoy the job thusfar. However, as it is not possible to get a full-time position, and as it is commission-based pay, budgeting and bill payment is difficult. Wonderful atmosphere, would be the perfect second job.
Pros
Fun and positive atmosphere, great people
Cons
Limited earning based on limited hours
Helping others
Wedding Sales Stylist - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoy helping others on their very special day. To see a customers face light up makes my day even better. They come to me to share their experience.
Productive and always different cliental
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
a typical day at work would normally be meeting brides a criteria to find out exactly what she is looking for in her dream dress. After listening to her qualifications we normally pull a few dresses that would most likely fit her descriptions. Learning to multitask and deal with all different types of brides ideas for what would best suit her would be the most interesting thing about the job. The hardest part about the job would be when you have exhausted all of the options and the bride walks out without her dream dress.
Love Love Love
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 9, 2017
Only reason I left David's bridal was that there was no room to move up in the company and no benefits. I would help brides and bridesmaids find their dream dresses. A lot of problem solving went into this job which makes it a fun job to have.
Aesthetically wonderful place to work.
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
As someone who loves weddings, I absolutely loved working for David's Bridal. The brides were so nice and charming, as well as the coworkers. I learned that you can't take things personally if someone doesn't like the dress you picked!
This job is centered around the brides opinion.
The hardest part of the position was making the goals of the day especially if it was a slow day. But being one of the top sellers in my particular store, it wasn't so bad!
The most enjoyable part of the position was the variety of people coming in, asking for help with one of the biggest days of their life and seeing that sense of elation once they find what they are looking for.
Pros
Plenty to eat nearby, high energy
Cons
Short breaks
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 9, 2017
Great Workplace! It's a family environment. Great Customer Service and Workers. The customers are our number one priority, always. We make dreams come true.
great place to work and I loved helping people on their big days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Helped open shop with 4-5 other coworkers and greeted guests as they came into shop. Maintained login sheets, provided help with inventory and distribution of items sold online and in store. Management was easy to work with and answered any questions I had to better complete my tasks. Also resolved customers service issues both over the phone and in person.
fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 7, 2017
It was a good environment, just didn't like working weekends, otherwise everyone was helpful and you do learn a lot. You learn how to steam, maintain floor, create customer files.
Not a nice atmosphire
Customer Service Rep/Wedding Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Clients made appointments, but that didnt matter, would have multiple brides at the same time. Clients were constantly upset. District Manager unfair. No room for advancement
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Overworked and under paid.
Alterations Customer Service Representative
Alterations Customer Service, Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2017
I was the customer service representative of alterations. This was a very fast paced environment. There was a language barrier between the brides and the seamstresses, I was required to explain what the seamstresses were trying to say. I was also in charge of scheduling all the appointments, as well as solving any problems.
Great coworkers and clients
Stylist- Make (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2017
I honestly loved working with the various women that came into the shop. You are able to get personal with them. They tell you all the intimate details of their event, and you get to make their experience unique and fun. Dress shopping should be the least stressful part of any event, and that is what we do. We take out the stress. Nothing compares to seeing their faces light up when they find the One, and just knowing that you were part of making their event special with the prefect dress is very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David's Bridal. Our community is ready to answer.