David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Very fast paced work environment
Wedding Stylist (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMay 22, 2015
It is always very busy. I love assisting the brides and bridal parties with any and all of their needs. My co-workers are wonderful and the management team are very easy to work with.
Busy and Productive
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great first job
Cons: Terrible manager
Booking appointments for dress fittings, ordering items online for bridal parties, cleaning, counting cash drawer at end of the day.
Seasonal job
Jr. Stylist (Former Employee), Peoria ILMay 20, 2015
It was an alright job for the season. I think it is good money if you need a side job. I would not recommend it full time. Give it a shot if you are into fashion.
Fun atmosphere with hard work and effort.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 20, 2015
Outstanding place to work, great coaching opportunities on hand. Would recommend to any individual with a strong retail and sales background. You really have the opportunity to see the most precious moment of a persons life take fruition.
Good job to provide with multi tasking skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Relationships with brides
Cons: short breaks, hard time moving up in the company
A day at David's Bridal can be important in a stressful environment due to the fact that you are working with people and their weddings which can cause emotions to run high. It is important to keep yourself composed while being able to be congratulatory, useful, multi-tasking, and knowledgeable.
nice
Intern, Human Resources Department (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAMay 14, 2015
Nice place to work. Everyone within the HR department was wonderful to work with at the time I was still interning there.
Fun but sometimes managers weren't cooperative
Wedding Stylist (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Building relatiosnhips with clients
Cons: Managerment
I enjoyed the job and I loved every minute of it! I loved building friendships and countless relationships with the customers.

But, my managers were not always flexible with my work schedule especially when I was going tot he Doctor, still in school Full time or needing an off day.
nice place
Steamer (Former Employee), Manchester, CTMay 12, 2015
Pros: niceand friendly people
David's is a nice place fr people to comefor that special day,most of the staff is very friendly an the customers get a little crazy,but what do u expect ? they just want their perfect day to beperfect
Fast paced, productive and fun all in one
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CAMay 8, 2015
Very high energy and fun place to work. Great customer service skills a must! I oversee the entire staff assisting them to elevate their skills to the next level. I am responsible for interviewing and application screening and the new hire process. My other duties include payroll, scheduling and timecard management. As the current Assistant Manager my responsibilities are endless.
David's Bridal is a growing company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Everyday at David's Bridal was the same but different. As a manager you did your morning/afternoon/evening responsibilities. Yet, each customer was special looking for something different to wear on her special day. It was exciting to be a part of this moment. Sometimes laugher sometimes tears, sometimes we danced, sometimes we hugged. I wore so many hats at David's as a professional in the fashion field, a mom, a sister, a best friend and sometimes a outside voice.

If you can multi task and respond to what is giving you would love to work at David's a constant challenge of your training and listening skills.
The only good thing were the friendships I made.
2nd Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 29, 2015
The pressure from corporate is unbelievable. Unrealistic goals, out of control unrealistic appointment quotas. Employees are over worked with NO LUNCH!!!!! Company does not value employees. little to no training before being thrown into the job. Company writes up employees for unperfomance in 2 weeks regardless of time of year. Slow season is Sept- Jan. Impossible to hit goals. Company also has sliding scale of commission based on sales and percentage of sales. It is easy to illiminate commission possibility by hiring on huge teams for bridal christmas. The only good thing about the job is the friendships. This is a very physical job. Hard work. 4-9 hours on your feet. Also emotionally draining. Brides can be very demanding and difficult to please. Especially when stylists have between 1 and 3 brides at a time PLUS bridesmaids groups, special occasions, proms, etc. Saturdays are PURE CHAOS. Too many appointments, which makes for unsatisfied and unhappy customers.
CRAZY WOMEN
licensed agent (Current Employee), san antonio texasApril 17, 2015
very stressful , angry bridezillas were very demanding when you had 3 brides at a time management was never around, pay was very bad , hours were long one day and short another my perosnal life was very unbalnced
Run for the hills
Jr. Stylist (Former Employee), Union, NJApril 16, 2015
Pros: Learning about gowns and body types
Cons: communication, no recognition, cattyness
Terrible. Horrible environment. Management doesn't know how to speak to people properly. Belittling. Slave work, bad atmosphere.
Being a part of a Brides life and helping her to prepare for her wedding day is an honor.
Manager-Alterations / Sales (Former Employee), Goodlettsvile, TNApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Flexibility
Meeting new brides and sharing in their experience is special. The team at David's Bridal is awesome! Alteration department was very challenging at times but everyone worked together to accomplish what they needed to complete on time and also be productive. Most enjoyable time was meeting new brides and families and sharing in their experiences and planning for their special day. Also seeing the beautiful gowns coming in was fun!
Generally fun job
Junior Stylist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
Working at David's Bridal has, for the most part, been very fun. I love what I get to do, I love the customers, and management is pretty agreeable. The only true complaint I have is the lack of hours. When I first started working I was getting between 20 and 30 hours a week. For about a month now, I've been getting between 4 and 10 hours a week. It's quite difficult to be able to afford a place to live on less than 10 hours a week.
The team makes it worth it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), FloridaApril 12, 2015
There's not a lot of room for growth; raises are small and given yearly. It is a PERFECT job for someone looking for some extra cash in college. I love my co-workers and management at my store and district level are fantastic. It's also always a good time helping a bride find her dream dress!
Not a great place to work
Management (Former Employee), OhioApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great salary
Cons: everything else
If upper management didn't like you, there wasn't anywhere for you to go except out the door. There was a lot of micro-managing. There was even a lot of lying from upper management. It created a hostile work environment in the stores.
Awful company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 2, 2015
Pros: Co workers were great and they brides were wonderful
Cons: Management Sucks
Good product but they are pushy and fake. Just want to make money not about the costumers and they make you call and harass costumers to get the things they have ordered.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 1, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: working every weekend/ pay is not steady
It is a fun place to work; however the pay can be up and down when you are a consultant. There are busy seasons and slow seasons, during slow seasons it is hard to make a commission. You have to work every weekend as well because that is when most people make their appointments.
fun to work
Jr. Stylist (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 1, 2015
Pros: Wedding dresses :-)
Cons: Scheduling
David's Bridal is a fun place to work if you are good with multitasking and have a photographic memory. You must know the different shapes, fabrics, and shades of white so that you can find the proper dress. As a Jr. Stylist you DO NOT get paid commission because you are supposed to be assisting the stylist. however it is very hard to assist when the position is set up for partners. my only negative is the scheduling at the location I worked. It was too often that employees would be sent home before they have completed an hour worth of work.

1 2 3 4 5

About David's Bridal

Our Vow At David’s Bridal, we are committed to making dreams come true by offering consistently outstanding service to – Read more

David's Bridal Salaries