David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employer Reviews

love my department but company is not good
Alteration Specialist/Seamstress/C.S.R (Current Employee), DeptfordApril 22, 2014
Pros: i love my department and my supervisor they are awsome
Cons: the store manager and the way the company is run
altering all garments to company standers and to the liking of the customer
I learn everything form taking in a garment to doing a bustle
my alterations manager is so great but the store manager makes working there very hard to work
I love the people i work with they make the job fun and help me when i need help
the hardest part is the fitting a customer – more... you have to be careful not to poke them
is talking with my coworkers in alterations, they always have stories to tell – less
Fun place to work.
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 22, 2014
Pros: making brides happy.
Cons: part-time. no benefits
Registered Bride to assist with preparations for the big day. Assisted with fitting bridesmaids. My co-worker were awesome. Each one wanting to make sure the bride has the best day ever.
Favortism,unfair treatment,harassing enviroment,toxic enviroment
Stylist (Sales Consultant) (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: i don't work there anymore!!
Cons: unethical, poor pay, no respect, toxic enviroment
When I first started working there I was hopeful and excited! My worst nightmares came true very soon after starting. There is no to little training but yet you are expected to meet company productivity standards two weeks after you are on the sales floor. Each and every time that you don't meet sales standards you are written up. It came to my attention – more... though that not every consultant who didn't make her sales quota was being written up. There is a huge amount of favoritism and unfairness going on with management! They either like you or they don't, if you are small minded and immature person and like to sit around and gossip and act like a "mean girl" in high school you will fit in just fine. Everything there is based on whether they like you and you "fit in", If they don't like you they give you poor hours, less brides are assigned to you therefore affecting your productivity. I found management to be very unethical and to be very unprofessional in their treatment of their employees. They don't always ring up the sales under the appropriate consultant therefore "padding" the sales of their favorite employees. They give the more productive sale days and hours to their favorite's as well as more bridal appointments. I was so unhappy working there. It was like a hamster on a wheel running and running but getting nowhere but always trying. The management system is set up to create failure if they dub you "unlikeable". I am still contemplating writing to cooperate offices to educate them on the day to day life as an employee at David's Bridal. The managers all three of them would sit around and gossip not only about their employees but customers as well. It was difficult for me as a kind and caring person to not only partake but to listen to it all on a daily basis. I would very much discourage anyone from not only being employed by David's Bridal but purchasing there also. There merchandise is sub par and not of good quality. I had a very difficult time standing in good conscience behind the products. If you find yourself to be an ethical person on any level then run, run, run away from David's Bridal and go elsewhere to work and to shop. – less
Disorganized management, favoritism, and worst job of my life!
Junior Stylist (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: free corporate lunches, learn about wedding protocols, decent pay
Cons: short breaks, no flexibility in schedule, unprofessional work environment
I thought that working at a bridal shop would be one of the most fulfilling job experiences I would have...I was wrong. Management at this store is lacking immensely as is leadership and organization, sad to say that they are practically inept. They single out certain individuals (stylists and jr. stylists) as to who are their favorites right off the – more... bat making it highly impossible for any non-favorite employees to progress. Training is non-existent, this includes "on the job training." This store feels like reliving a much more drastic immature version of high school--probably elementary. Overall, customer service is lacking from many employees including the managers. Sad to say that the store managers at this store practice all of these negative traits, making it a horrible work experience. I've noticed that I am not the only one writing a bad review for the store...there is something to be said about that.

The only thing I enjoyed was interacting with the clients and helping them pick out dresses for such important dates in their life. Working with stylists was enjoyable as well, but management was unbearable. A lot of times, I and other stylists wouldn't get credit for our sales because certain managers would ring up the client and give the sale/commission to their "favorites." Unethical and unprofessional. I write this to warn future clients and employees of what they are to expect at this certain store. When my seasonal position was over, I was ecstatic, as if my life started once again.

Scheduling was sometimes overwhelming. They would have you work full-time hours on a part-time pay, completely unfair; and expect you accept or else you would be fired. An alterations specialist from this store was fired due to this. Management just hangs behind the register, gossiping and chatting for long periods of time, expecting the junior stylists to clean up after them and the stylists, when they are clearly capable of doing so themselves since the store isn't busy. They are crude when speaking to you, even in front of the clients. It is a hostile work environment and unproductive for learning. I also found it so unfortunate that most of the managers and some stylists would gossip about clients, while assisting other clients...I found it so embarrassing to witness. No leadership, No organization, No encouragement for employees, No training, No professionalism....nothing!

I urge any future employee to thoroughly consider a job at David's Bridal in Murrieta. I don't know how the other David Bridal locations may be, but this location is treacherous. – less
Great workplace for Holidays
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: unsteady income
On a typical day, I provide customer service to bridal parties, tending to them as a wedding stylist.
This is a great place to work during the holidays. This time of year is very slow, as well as competitive. All of the stylists are working on commission.
Fun work experience
Lead Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 14, 2014
Helping brides and working with customers was very enjoyable. I enjoy helping people
A great place to work.
Stylist (Current Employee), Davenport, IAApril 8, 2014
They make sure everyone is trained, and comfortable with their job. It's a great place to work.
this job didnt give very many hours
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: merchandise discount
Cons: not enough hours
i helped brides and cleaned the store.i helped bridal partys find dresses and helped with orders and pick ups.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: understanding staff
Cons: schedule
Enjoyed my time here, learned to deal with all types of people through chat..management was very understandable and caring, loved my co workers. There was not really a hard part about the job.
I loved the Brides, but not much else.
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 28, 2014
Pros: warm fuzzies you get from brides, friendly coworkers
Cons: short lunches, only one ft position, few hours
I love my job. Working with Brides and Prom girls is so much fun. The rush I get from finding that perfect dress is exhilarating! Especially when it was busy, the day just FLEW by. But outside of that, David's isn't the best place to work.

Back when I started at the end of 2012, The jobs were separated-- Wedding consultants, who did mainly brides, – more... and Dress Specialists (Me), who did bridal parties, prom and special occasion. It worked. Everyone got the right amount of attention. Being able to focus on one type of work-- WCs having one maybe 2 brides over the course of an hour and half vs DSPs taking 3 or more bridesmaids or prom girls, since they take less time and require less immediate attention made things easier.

Since about October 2013, David's Bridal has been shifting around, making everyone "Stylists", meaning everyone does everything now. Yeah you have "Jr Stylists" to help put stuff away for you (which doesn't really help). They are molting if you will... trying to create a whole new business hoping to create more revenue, but instead its creating chaos.

Aside from all the technical stuff that only matters if you worked there before all the mess::

The pay can be good, especially if you are the Star Stylist and sell all your brides really hard. They tend to hire a lot of part time help and work everyone 15 hours or so a week so its not a job you could truly live off of unless you're the aforementioned Star Stylist.

They also have made it a practice to have only one FT Stylist, so goodbye benefits.

The Management varies from store to store, but they are pretty tough on you. That's not to say they aren't nice, they can be lots of fun sometimes. But they push you hard for what feels like barely above minimum wage.

This may unique to my store, but the thing that makes it a lot better is all the people I work with. All my coworkers are fun, energetic and sweet. It's like a little family. We do happy hours, birthday parties and all sorts of other fun stuff. Its amazing the bond we have created. And when new people show up, we fold 'em right in!

The experiences I had there will be with me forever. The Brides that broke down and cried, hugged me so tight and thanked me over and over again with mascara running down her cheeks will always be something I hold dear. I wouldn't trade them for the world. The environment I had to work in, however, was stressful and chaotic, and the pay left something to be desired.

Long (long LONG) story short, If you are looking for a part time job, David's Bridal isn't an awful choice. It may be stressful, but the experiences are worth it. (Thanks for reading my novel-esque review.) – less
It's an awesome place to work!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: teamwork, development, job satisfaction!
It's a great company. Management team is awesome! Working with the brides and training and development, Is five star. Love going to work everyday.
Seasonal workplace that's a little competitive
Dress Specialist (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 17, 2014
David's Bridal is a great workplace in certain seasons (like before prom or homecoming), but it's a difficult job to maintain throughout the year. Ladies become competitive over making sales and the schedules change often during the week. I do love helping individuals and ladies choose dresses for one of the most important days of their life, and it's – more... always a pleasure when a customer will come back just to see you for their dress needs. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 11, 2014
This is a great place to work! There is such a great team atmosphere and even on long and stressful days there was always laughs to be had. I highly recommend working at davids!
Fun but...
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: meeting awesome women, helping people complete their dreams
Cons: poor management, poor brand development
The basics of the job is FUN! I loooved working with the brides and assisting them in finding their perfect gown. I worked at a new concept store featuring their higher end collections and the challenge was merging the David's Bridal Image of "cheap" dresses with this higher end price point.

The gowns were nice and the women who came were pleasantly – more... surprised, but trying to sell $600 - $2000 gowns to gowns to women looking to spend $99 was a "challenge." The commission structure didn't work for the new store model and very often we had NO CUSTOMERS on Saturday's!

The management and corporate office were unsympathetic and most of the staff left this location. I think they have gone to an hourly system vs commission and maybe it works better. For me, I LOOOVE the bridal gown industry, but the David's model didn't work for me. – less
Doesn't invest in their employees
Store Manager (Current Employee), TexasMarch 1, 2014
Pros: nothing!
Cons: everything
As management, they do not invest in their employees. They always look for the easy way out. Upper management can't ever make up their minds how they want certain things run. The company policy says calls unsold brides twice in 2 weeks then management says call them as often as every 3 days. You drive your business AWAY! then if management is at the – more... max rate they don't even fight for a small raise. They expect way to much for stylist and pay the CSR's way more. They don't respect Alterations people either. They pay little for the work they do. Alteration employees are very hard to find and then they treat them horribly. They don't even offer a pay for maternity leave. They make YOU pay for short term disability. Most companies short term disability is paid for by the company. The benefits are a joke. They don't even have holiday pay for the associates. They could care less about their associates and managers – less
Fun, exciting, and fast-paced
Dress Stylist (Current Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Helping brides find their perfect gown. I have much better time management skills now. Most of my co-workers are very laid back and easy to get along with. Everyone is always trying to help each other, it is a great team environment. The hardest part of the job is being stumped by a bride, but the best part is finding her dream gown.
Unorganized, Inconsistant, Unreliable
Floor person (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 28, 2014
Company only cares about the immediate sale. Hours are inconsistent due to fluxuating sales. Teamwork is almost nonexistent. Everyone is task saturated.
horrible management
Wedding Consultant (Current Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 24, 2014
The management is completely awful. They're rude, talk down to their employees, no training at all and get yelled at for making mistakes. Barely any hours i work 3 days a week. The store manager always finds something to gripe about even if you did it the exact way she told you to do it. They don't care about their employees all they care about is money – more... if you're not making them any money you're nothing to them and so are the customers. But the ladies i work with are great, i've been there for a month and a half and i've been trying to leave since being there 3 weeks, – less
only if you want to work partime
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: meet alot of people.
Have to show up on time, learn how to multi-task, take charge, hardest part is dealing with a unhappy customer.
Great learning and growing environment. Fun and upbeat place to work!
Service Supervisor/ CSR (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: paid vacation, time off
Cons: late hours
I would open the store around 8:30, open the registers and count money into each drawer. I would complete all the reports for the day and our goals the company strives for our store to individually reach. I would make sure all departments were running accordingly and throughout the day I would floor manage all the consultants with their customers. I – more... learned so much at this job, how to be driven and energetic! I learned also a great deal of how to make customer service our number one priority! Making sure all the consultants and specialist were having all the help and needs reached to make it a smooth operation and a enjoyable place to work! Hardest part of the job was working in an environment with a bundle of different personalities and learning to really help customer that were very upset with a difficult situation. The challenge of helping the customers in the end and making the situation into a positive one is the most enjoyable part! Knowing that your store is running properly and business is thriving with happy customers and co-workers is the best part! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About David's Bridal

From prom night to the big day itself, David's Bridal begs to make an entrance.┬áThe largest retail chain specializing in bridal – Read more