David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Loved working in fashion industry, my time was done at this job.
Dress Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJNovember 11, 2017
Bridal industry is very rewarding, sometimes emotional. You learn a lot about yourself while helping these women get prepared for their special day. I learned how to work with a team and I learned extensively about customer service. Management has its moments, but I had an amazing manager who made my time working there all worth while. The hardest part of the job is trying not to bring personal struggles into work. If you fight with your significant other and have to go work at a lovey dovey place, it isn't easy, but you push through and get the shift done with a smile regardless. The best part about this job is learning how to deal with all the different things in retail. We are all responsible for our own areas, as well as our own customers. I learned how to balance many things at one time and I know it will be beneficial to my future.
great enviroment
SALES SERVICE REP II (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 7, 2017
A great atmosphere to be in . All the brides coming in with the excitement and knowing that you are there to help make that special moment and day great.
Knowledge and patience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 6, 2017
being there for as long as i've been there i have enjoyed myself and all of the people i work with we are like a huge family! all have feedback for each other and help each other when needed job wise an doutside of the job
productive and a fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 3, 2017
Affordable wedding dresses, in house alterations, and dress for all occasions for everyday women. I love he fact when a bride finds a dress they get to ring the bell, David's Bridal version of say yes to the dress.
Fun fast paced work environment
Wedding Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2017
David's Bridal is a fast paced business which is great. I was able to interact with many people from different backgrounds and build relationships with clients and co-workers.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
No Advancement Opportunity
Fun, upbeat workplace, offering a memorable service
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PANovember 2, 2017
A typical day at David's bridal is fast paced and exciting. Whether you are styling the bride herself, her party, or styling for a special occasion such as prom or homecoming. You get to build relationships with people during a very important time in their lives and because of that you will be an important piece in someones love story.
Fun place to work but very competitive
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MINovember 2, 2017
Overall great place to work, Fast Paced, Very competitive due to commission,sometimes overwhelming and stressful dealing with difficult customers but management would step in to help whenever needed.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Breaks were nonexistent if the store was busy
Upbeat and happy environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 2, 2017
Fun working with so many happy brides and their families. Management is amazing with friendly and helpful attitudes. 'Bridal Christmas' (January- April) is the busiest and can be stressful.
Cons
little to no lunch breaks
Helping brides dreams come true
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 1, 2017
Planing a wedding is very stressful. And to have the help of a bridal consultant makes it all better. Just listen to the brides needs for her big day and help her on finalizing them.
Research before you join
HR Director/BP (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 30, 2017
DBI is struggling to find their place and success in this ecommerce world. Additionally, their growth strategy is to simple change our teams and hope they figure the whole thing out. As a result their employee brand is not very appealing to candidates and they are unable to attract proper talent. Recently downgraded
Pros
pretty easy place to work
Cons
financial stability
If you don't need a lot of money
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 27, 2017
this job is good if you like working for a low wage. you make most of your sales on the weekends, only full timers, and managers make a lot of money. If you sale thousands of dollars a week, than you will earn a higher commission on your check. If you can't sell anything, you will be taking home an hourly waged check. if you like working with an all girl team, and wear nothing but black or white colored clothes this may ideal for you. It's working retail, but with special occasion dresses. You get a discount on items you buy, but how many bridesmaids dresses will you need, and how many times are you going to need a wedding gown?Hardest part of the job, is the catch up cleaning you have to perform when the DM is going to come in. The heavy dresses, and the feeling you get when you spend 2 hours with a bride only to have her tell you she doesn't have money to buy and doesn't qualify for the credit card.
Pros
making friends with your coworkers
Cons
Unable to sell dresses, and forced to stay longer, which will hurt your sales.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 26, 2017
Not organized. People working over people. Rude management. Not helpful or easy to learn with. Management gets easily frustrated when an employee asks for help or needs assistance.
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 25, 2017
David's bridal can be very fast past job December thru May. That is the Peek season for brides. It is a fun place to work with great financial benefit.
Pros
You are apart of helping someone prepare for one of the biggest days of their life.
Cons
no day is the same and you have to be ready for all situations.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILOctober 24, 2017
High Energy is needed in order to be successful at David's. Driven individuals will do well and there is room for advancement. It is a place one can develop a career.
competitive pettiness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 22, 2017
Davids bridal is a huge company with hundreds of stores in several different countries.

They just want bodies in their stores, they do not offer many opportunities to advance, their hours are rubbish and they pay poorly.
Fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Blasdell, NYOctober 19, 2017
Like any retail store, there are slow days and busy days. Only complaint I have is that corporate expects you to sell over 1k worth of product to every person that walks in the door and not everyone has the money/budget for that. The people are awesome though and customers are always in a good mood. When it's slow we play dress up.
Does not feel like retail.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 18, 2017
I am a CSR and I love working at David's. Everybody has become like family to me. You even develop relationships with the customers, since they will be in the store several times before their wedding day. The management is wonderful. We are all so driven to make the bride feel beautiful on her special day. You need team work to make the dream work, and working there is great. 100 stars!
Pros
management team, location, employees, great pay
Successful Company
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2017
Loved that they promoted from within and used the expertise of the employees to handle the customers. Forming bonds with the customers made them trust our opinions and we would do anything to make them happy which is what it was all about.
Most fun job I've ever had
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 18, 2017
I come from a real estate and medical background, so I wanted a break from the heavy and serious jobs. I met some of the coolest people and was able to help celebrate some of the happiest times in a person's life working here. It's physically and emotionally exhausting, but SO worth it.
Pros
Great people and fun atmosphere
Cons
ZERO advancement and no full-time employment options
Highly competitive
Stylist/ Consultant (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 16, 2017
Although helping women find their dresses for the happiest day of their lives was fun, management pushes you to try and sell women more expensive dresses than they can actually afford. So while you may look better in a $200 dress, I was told to lie to you and tell you that you look better in $1000 dress. Plus it is very difficult to make commission.
Pros
Fun interactions with customers
Cons
Pushiness of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David's Bridal. Our community is ready to answer.