David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employer Reviews

Already reviewed this
Jr. Stylist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work with your schedule
Cons: on your feet a lot
It's making me review this again....please read other post from people. It's a great place to work but I already said that haha.
Helping to make the perfect wedding day
Stylist (Current Employee), Hoover, ALJanuary 22, 2015
David's Bridal is a nice company to work for. The customers value your opinion and rely heavily on you to help them find the perfect look for their wedding day. They don't just come in looking for a dress, but the experience that comes along with finding the dress,
loved my co-workers, hated everything else
customer service representative (Current Employee), orland park, ilJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks/no breaks, poor management, poor hours, too stressful
Managers are awful. Corporate is awful. Customers are awful. Procedures are awful. When I first started, I loved my job. By now, I hate it. Weekends are non-stop craziness, and good luck getting a lunch.
Always a happy place
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJanuary 20, 2015
Working with brides and their party. Getting them fitted in their dresses and getting everything they need for their wedding.
Fun Job
Dress Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Really fun job, I loved working with happy newlyweds. The management was good although things got a little crazy sometimes
Senior Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2015
didnt enjoys working at all. always at work, no time for family or to raise your kids
good management team
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: stressful jon
It was bit stressful job. When the bride comes with whole bunch of relatives it became difficult to show your salesmanship.

But I was good at it and selling minimum 3- 4 gowns per day. Enjoyed every moment of it.
Poductive family felt workplace
Customer Service Representative/Shipping/Receiver (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2015
9am entering the workplace call customers informing them of merchandise arrival in the store. Packing customers merchandise to be delivered to its destiny. Preparing necessary paperwork for delivery. Make customer courtesy calls reminding customers of their appointments. Open the doors of the store. Enter all registration information into the computer from that day and the day before. File all paperwork after entered.

Management was very supportive and helpful.

Co-workers were like family and also very helpful and encouraging.

There was no hard part of the job.

The most enjoyable was the atmosphere of fun and cheerfulness.
I loved making brides wedding be the wedding they always dreamed about.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: got to meet new people everyday, made me feel amazing to help people
Cons: short break, most days with no break at all, poor management
I would start my day by reviewing my appointments for the day, when I was the customer service rep I would look over the appointments and make sure there was a rotation for the consultants. when slow I would do follow up calls on customers. I learned the style of dresses that best matched their figures, accessories that matched the dresses, and how to picture what dress they would explain. My manager was very good at helping me close sales when needed, but I was pushed to put things on ladies that they couldn't afford and that made customers leave. I was there for the customers. To make their dreams come true, not push them to the breaking point. My co-workers were all about money, not the customers. They were rude to customers and even me. The hardest part of my job was dealing with co-workers who was jealous of my progress in the company. Manager was helping with my progress and then my father passed away so I was moving to California to help my mother get through a rough time. I went in to give my two weeks notice and resign, but my manager told me I did not have to write anything down and I could just not work anymore. When I decided to move back, I thought I could get my job back and they told me I quit and I'm not hirable. the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on customers faces and especially making them leave with a great smile after they had a bad experience with other consultants.
its a job
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), burbankJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: bridal stories, the customers
Cons: hours, wages
very hectic not very stuctured, it was fun while i worked with brides it was wonderful to hear there stories
Productive and fast-paced
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: happy customers, commission
Cons: slow season
My typical day at work was greeting customers and finding out what they would like to accomplish and help them reach their goals. I learned that to succeed in what you are doing, you need to listen and communicate well with customers. Management was always walking around and making sure customers are happy with their experience and asking for feedback. My co-workers and I were always looking for ways to help each other when need be, if one person was getting swamped with customers, we'd help each other out the best we could. The store was the busiest on weekends, and when you had large parties along with 3 or 4 more parties of people, it would get hectic but the key was to always keep every customer happy, and be polite even if you are under stress and that drove me to have great sale numbers. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing how thrilled customers would be when bringing them suggested items and helping them find the perfect apparel.
Don't recommend
stylist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: experiencing brides
Cons: pay, hours, breaks, tasks, insufficient staffing, commission
No beneficial training on fitting,styling, working with brides or using the register. Learning the work environment comes from asking your new co-workers for help. They don't offer full-time hours and the part-time hours are 3-5 hr shifts for 2-3 days a week, a typical pay period could be from 10 to 23 hrs at a pay rate of $7.50 for stylist. Short 30 min. lunch break for rare 6-8hrs shifts, and because of the excessive workload you are usually denied that short 30 min. break and you end up working a full shift with no food other than what you ate before you came. And if you are lucky to get a break they say to you be back in 30 min. so you can take another bride or party. Even when it's slow there's no breathing room. You're either working with a bride or cleaning or telemarketing 20-25 brides to get them to make an appointment. The staff is usually limited and overwhelmed with tasks. During the interview they promise you that the 7.50 isn't so bad because you will easily earn a good commission, but the commission scale is rigged in such a way that it becomes impossible for you to make it, so you usually end up with just 7.50 for 25hrs or less and no commission. If it's slow managers will send people home so your pay becomes even worse.You have to watch every minute that you work and note every cent you make. Making money here is very stressful and requires strategic planning. At $7.50 hr you need to work at least 30 hrs to make at least $200 on your paycheck after taxes, but working more than 30 hrs can be bad for making commission if you didn't sell over $4,200 during your – more... pay period. And going over your hours happens often because of the excessive tasks, you may be told you can't leave until you call 20 brides, steam some dresses or empty some stock. Stylist will clock out and continue working for free to avoid having too many hours and losing their hard earned commission. Hours must match sales goals or you lose commission. Commission isn't a special addition to your base pay, the way they have it set up is shaky and confusing. Stylists are put in a lose lose situation. For $7.50 you style brides, sometimes 2 at the same time, which is very disrespectful to a bride who thought the whole purpose of making an appointment was to have an hour with a stylist, not share her hour and be occasionally pushed to the side. You the stylist also dye shoes, hand clean dresses, slips, bras, iron dresses, vacuum, wipe mirrors, clean bathroom, stock, and do telemarketing. Selling every bride the very day she visits the store becomes a must for financial gain. This job is way too much random grunt work for zero benefits and low pay. In comparison to any other minimum wage retail job, this is the worst when it comes to hours, pay, and breaks. I would never recommend this place to any one who wants to make money or take a lunch break. – less
Enjoybale to work with brides
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 2, 2015
I learned a great deal about management and customer service. Difficult clients were a common occurrence, I learned how to ensure they enjoyed their time and de-escalated stressful situations on a regular basis.
Worst management I've ever experienced
Wedding Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Metairie, LADecember 30, 2014
Cons: no breaks, horrible management, too little pay
Overwhelming, expected to work with multiple customers even if they didn't have an appointment. Very chaotic and unorganized. Too many customers to serve at once because they all want one on one service, which leads to no customers getting good service because I'm literally running around the store getting dresses and helping multiple customers at once. Managers sit in the back all day eating, talking, and playing on their phones. They are never on the floor helping customers or making sure the store is running smoothly. The commission scale is ridiculous. It's almost impossible to make commission because you have to sell a certain amount per week. Which means you make $7.50 an hour for way too much work that you do= not worth it. Also, there were many times it was too busy to take a lunch break so you starved all through your 10 hour shift!
Awesome place to work!
CSR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 23, 2014
As a CSR at David's Bridal you get to help the Bride plan her dream wedding. It's a great place to work as a recent graduate from high school or for a college student. But you can't make a living from it.
Best job ever
Wedding Sales Stylist (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: money
The job is so fun, its always something new. The pay isnt that great during 'off season' but it is so worth it. The coworkers are awesome and management is awesome.
It was a fun, exciting,challenging place to work
Stylist (Former Employee), Medford, ORDecember 19, 2014
Pros: care, understanding, compassionate, outgoing
Cons: part time and slow times.
I loved working at David's Bridal. The associates are very outgoing and friendly and really love what they are doing. Management was always helping out and really listening to their employees. You could always go to them with any problem.
They sell more than just wedding dress they sell an experience as well. I am going to miss working there.
David's Bridal Stock Receiver
Stock Reciever and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Goodlettsville, TNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: customer friendly, clean environment, good co-workers.
Cons: demanding retail hours.
Fast pace, demanding. Part-time position faced more work to do than the hours given to get it done. Worked with direct supervisor that was very knowledgeable and a good trainer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a bride find her Wedding Dress and watching the celebration of family and friends as they appreciate the specialness of that moment.
A fairly decent place to go to work at every day
Manager (Former Employee), CorporateDecember 16, 2014
David's Bridal was a rewarding and pleasant place to work, it's fun knowing that the end-game is providing a product and experience that a woman has dreamed about. The culture is a little quirky. The whole management team changed when the company was bought a couple years ago, and things became a different kind of quirky. Morale changed from day to day and no decisions seem sure. But for the most part, the people who have been there a while made the place a great place to work.
Not for everyone
CSR/Receiver (Current Employee), Littleton, CODecember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, understanding store managers
Cons: micromanagement, not enough motivation
If you love weddings and love helping brides, bridesmaids, mothers, etc, you will enjoy working there. The company has some pros and cons. There is a huge amount of pressure to make plan, make plan, make plan and unfortunately there is the tendency to micromanage down to the most minute detail.
The pros are you do get a lot of satisfaction making someone so happy for the happiest day of your life. Being a people person and wanting to have fun and please is a must for this job.

1 2 3 4 5

About David's Bridal

Our Vow At David’s Bridal, we are committed to making dreams come true by offering consistently outstanding service to – Read more