David's Bridal

David's Bridal United States Employee Reviews

CRAZY WOMEN
licensed agent (Current Employee), san antonio texasApril 17, 2015
very stressful , angry bridezillas were very demanding when you had 3 brides at a time management was never around, pay was very bad , hours were long one day and short another my perosnal life was very unbalnced
Run for the hills
Jr. Stylist (Former Employee), Union, NJApril 16, 2015
Pros: Learning about gowns and body types
Cons: communication, no recognition, cattyness
Terrible. Horrible environment. Management doesn't know how to speak to people properly. Belittling. Slave work, bad atmosphere.
Being a part of a Brides life and helping her to prepare for her wedding day is an honor.
Manager-Alterations / Sales (Former Employee), Goodlettsvile, TNApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Flexibility
Meeting new brides and sharing in their experience is special. The team at David's Bridal is awesome! Alteration department was very challenging at times but everyone worked together to accomplish what they needed to complete on time and also be productive. Most enjoyable time was meeting new brides and families and sharing in their experiences and planning for their special day. Also seeing the beautiful gowns coming in was fun!
Generally fun job
Junior Stylist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
Working at David's Bridal has, for the most part, been very fun. I love what I get to do, I love the customers, and management is pretty agreeable. The only true complaint I have is the lack of hours. When I first started working I was getting between 20 and 30 hours a week. For about a month now, I've been getting between 4 and 10 hours a week. It's quite difficult to be able to afford a place to live on less than 10 hours a week.
The team makes it worth it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), FloridaApril 12, 2015
There's not a lot of room for growth; raises are small and given yearly. It is a PERFECT job for someone looking for some extra cash in college. I love my co-workers and management at my store and district level are fantastic. It's also always a good time helping a bride find her dream dress!
Not a great place to work
Management (Former Employee), OhioApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great salary
Cons: everything else
If upper management didn't like you, there wasn't anywhere for you to go except out the door. There was a lot of micro-managing. There was even a lot of lying from upper management. It created a hostile work environment in the stores.
Awful company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 2, 2015
Pros: Co workers were great and they brides were wonderful
Cons: Management Sucks
Good product but they are pushy and fake. Just want to make money not about the costumers and they make you call and harass costumers to get the things they have ordered.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 1, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: working every weekend/ pay is not steady
It is a fun place to work; however the pay can be up and down when you are a consultant. There are busy seasons and slow seasons, during slow seasons it is hard to make a commission. You have to work every weekend as well because that is when most people make their appointments.
fun to work
Jr. Stylist (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 1, 2015
Pros: Wedding dresses :-)
Cons: Scheduling
David's Bridal is a fun place to work if you are good with multitasking and have a photographic memory. You must know the different shapes, fabrics, and shades of white so that you can find the proper dress. As a Jr. Stylist you DO NOT get paid commission because you are supposed to be assisting the stylist. however it is very hard to assist when the position is set up for partners. my only negative is the scheduling at the location I worked. It was too often that employees would be sent home before they have completed an hour worth of work.
Professional Review
Stylist, Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 31, 2015
My work experience at David's Bridal is an interesting one. On a typical day the work load is steady and my clients are a joy to work with. The atmosphere is pretty upbeat and I learn new marketing techniques such as how to close a sale and apply promotions during transactions. The hardest part of the job is occasionally dealing with a difficult party but I mostly enjoy the atmosphere and making memorable experiences with my clients.
Fast pace work place with great team members
Bridal Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Gratification in helping women feel beautiful, flexible schedule
Cons: Low commission rate
Tending to customers every question and need with helping them find the gown of their dreams, as well as bridesmaids and special occasions
Creating an upbeat and fast paced work environment while having fun
Amazing management team, always there to help
Always a Story to tell
Wedding Consultant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2015
My day starts by greeting customers and assure that everyone feels special getting ready for their big day. I help brides try on dresses so being able to size them without words is a must while attending to other customers that maybe in the salon as well for other events.Answering phone calls as well as take orders over the phone. The hardest part of the job is early morning Saturday meetings. The most enjoyable part of this job is when the bride finds the dress of her dreams.
Fun place to work
Alteration Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington DelawareMarch 26, 2015
I have been working part time at David's Bridal since 2006 and it is one of my best jobs. I enjoy working with the Alteration Manager . she is very organized and business like.She is very knowledgeable She taught me how to fit and do a bustle on a wedding gown.
Overall exceptional place to work
Wedding Consultant (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work environment, looking at beautiful gowns, having great co-workers
Cons: Working long hours on the weekends
I love going into work because it gives me the opportunity to help women find their dream wedding gown. Although it can be stressful, and I am required to work most weekends, the people I work with make the days fun and exciting. I love my job because working for this company is unlike any other job I've had, no two days are the same and every bride is different, making my adaptability and communication skills strong.
Fun work environment
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: loved working with the brides.
Cons: not enough employees
Loved working with the brides. The hardest part of the job was trying to hit the commission base. The income was variable which made it hard to plan a budget.
Davids Bridal
Junior Stylist (Current Employee), Chico, CAMarch 11, 2015
I love working at Davids Bridal, the atmosphere is excellent and I enjoy everyone I work with. The hardest thing is not being full time and not earning benefits, and unfortunately my hours keep being cut because we aren't busy enough. If this job offered full time, with benefits I wouldn't hesitate to stay. I love working and interacting with customers, it's one of my favorite parts of my job.
Good learning experience with a positive working environment
Bridal stylist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 10, 2015
This is a great place to work for a person in a transitional stage. The worst part was working every weekend unless otherwise requested, but this is typical of retail.
It was an experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMarch 10, 2015
Working at a bridal shop was not for me. I was able to work on my customer skills. This night job did fit in perfectly with my day job of guest teaching.
Fun and social work environment.
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 6, 2015
The job itself is very fun. Most brides are pleasure to work with, and store management is very caring. What the problem with the job is district management and corporate policies. You can be a great salesperson, with numerous compliments given to management about you, but get fired because you are not selling the expensive gowns or there wasn't enough foot traffic to sell gowns to. You are scheduled a few days a week, during the slow times, and are not able to make any sales. It brigs down your average dollar per hour and makes your performance seem unsatisfactory.
Its all ways a special occasion
Senior Corporate and Real Estate Paralegal (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAMarch 4, 2015
David's Bridal is a good place to work if your looking to sharpen your skill and learn different things. The corporate culture is good and the people are really friendly. Its exciting and interesting to see the new style and color for the different Wedding seasons.

1 2 3 4 5

About David's Bridal

Our Vow At David’s Bridal, we are committed to making dreams come true by offering consistently outstanding service to – Read more

David's Bridal Salaries