David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employer Reviews

Always a Story to tell
Wedding Consultant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2015
My day starts by greeting customers and assure that everyone feels special getting ready for their big day. I help brides try on dresses so being able to size them without words is a must while attending to other customers that maybe in the salon as well for other events.Answering phone calls as well as take orders over the phone. The hardest part of the job is early morning Saturday meetings. The most enjoyable part of this job is when the bride finds the dress of her dreams.
Fun place to work
Alteration Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington DelawareMarch 26, 2015
I have been working part time at David's Bridal since 2006 and it is one of my best jobs. I enjoy working with the Alteration Manager . she is very organized and business like.She is very knowledgeable She taught me how to fit and do a bustle on a wedding gown.
Overall exceptional place to work
Wedding Consultant (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work environment, looking at beautiful gowns, having great co-workers
Cons: Working long hours on the weekends
I love going into work because it gives me the opportunity to help women find their dream wedding gown. Although it can be stressful, and I am required to work most weekends, the people I work with make the days fun and exciting. I love my job because working for this company is unlike any other job I've had, no two days are the same and every bride is different, making my adaptability and communication skills strong.
Fun work environment
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: loved working with the brides.
Cons: not enough employees
Loved working with the brides. The hardest part of the job was trying to hit the commission base. The income was variable which made it hard to plan a budget.
Davids Bridal
Junior Stylist (Current Employee), Chico, CAMarch 11, 2015
I love working at Davids Bridal, the atmosphere is excellent and I enjoy everyone I work with. The hardest thing is not being full time and not earning benefits, and unfortunately my hours keep being cut because we aren't busy enough. If this job offered full time, with benefits I wouldn't hesitate to stay. I love working and interacting with customers, it's one of my favorite parts of my job.
Good learning experience with a positive working environment
Bridal stylist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 10, 2015
This is a great place to work for a person in a transitional stage. The worst part was working every weekend unless otherwise requested, but this is typical of retail.
It was an experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMarch 10, 2015
Working at a bridal shop was not for me. I was able to work on my customer skills. This night job did fit in perfectly with my day job of guest teaching.
Fun and social work environment.
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 6, 2015
The job itself is very fun. Most brides are pleasure to work with, and store management is very caring. What the problem with the job is district management and corporate policies. You can be a great salesperson, with numerous compliments given to management about you, but get fired because you are not selling the expensive gowns or there wasn't enough foot traffic to sell gowns to. You are scheduled a few days a week, during the slow times, and are not able to make any sales. It brigs down your average dollar per hour and makes your performance seem unsatisfactory.
Its all ways a special occasion
Senior Corporate and Real Estate Paralegal (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAMarch 4, 2015
David's Bridal is a good place to work if your looking to sharpen your skill and learn different things. The corporate culture is good and the people are really friendly. Its exciting and interesting to see the new style and color for the different Wedding seasons.
Good place if you love brides
Wedding consultant (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 4, 2015
Work was good. Hardest part would be the memorizing of different dress prices and how the process to pay and order them, easiest and most enjoyable part would be the happy customers.
Good place
Junior Stylist (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: bride smiles
Cons: gowns are heavy
Very nice environment , only gowns are heavy that's the only negative.Overall a great place, fun atmosphere and filled with people living in a fantasy about their big day.
Great Part Time
Receiver and Alterations Specialist (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good people, fun atmosphere, celebratory.
Cons: no healthcare, no pto
David's is an good company to work for if you are ok with part time work. But they do not offer many opportunities for advancement and are certainly all about the "selling culture" It would be nice if they would offer benefits to all their employees not just the management. The Amarillo team is wonderful and the store manager is amazing. This would be a great job if you are a young person looking to have a starting place to learn how to be a salesperson. It is a lot of fun, but also a lot of stress to help women chose what society has told them is the most important dress the will ever wear.
Good workplace with great assistant managers
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: little chance of benefits
A typical weekday can be pretty steady with customers coming in and out of the store. The most prevalent responsibility of the job is answering the phone; customers call in from open to close to ask about their orders, make appointments, etc. From this job, I learned that time management is a necessity and that a work environment is what the employees make of it; regardless of how tough the day could get, the right attitude could make all the difference. The assistant managers are amazing, they are helpful, understanding, fun, and teaching. My co-workers are hard working, kind, and fun; they take the job to heart and try to help their brides find the perfect fit. Working here, the hardest part of the job is handling disgruntled customers; in such a specialized industry, mistakes are a big deal when dealing with brides-to-be. Figuring out exactly what the problem is, how it happened, and how to fix it can get complicated by fast approaching wedding dates. On the other hand, seeing a bride or other customer completely pleased that they will look and feel beautiful on their big day was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun, creative work environment to work in and with amazing staff
Stylist (Current Employee), MurrietaFebruary 25, 2015
I start my shift with being given my sales goals for the day. Usually I see to customers and make sure I give them the best possible experience at David's Bridal by showing them products and services available to them. Working here I've learned how to ask questions to narrow in on the specific dress or dresses the customer has in mind for their special occasion, memorizing people's names, and learning a lot about the products & services available at David's Bridal. The management team is amazing. Always there to answer any questions or concerns any of the stylists or customers may have. They teach a more hands-on type of training, which is the best type of training anyone can receive. All my coworkers are very easy to get along with and we work in a team so it's very a cohesive group. It's awesome to be able to work in a sales-driven environment and be able to maintain great work-relationships with the staff and make our sales goals. Everyone is always willing to help one another on the job. Hardest part of the job, would be dealing with difficult customer service situations that are unique and are rare occurrences. In these cases, I have to go to management for assistance. The most enjoyable part of being at stylist at David's Bridal is helping your customer find "the dress" for their special event and seeing them light up and share tears of joy.
Amazing job, abusive manager
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: fun, fashion forward
Cons: abusivive environment
I loved my job. Selling wedding gowns was my dream job. But the constant verbal abuse of the store manager wore me down. She yelled at me, humiliated me in front of several customers until i broke down in tears crying and quit. The job itself was perfect. It was the manager who made me hate my job.
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee), PAFebruary 21, 2015
David's Bridal works to continue to value to it's brand and surprise and delight it's customers during their special day planning
Fun environment to work in
Jr Stylist (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, IllinoisFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day consists of brides and bridal parties coming in to try dresses for their upcoming event. working at Davids Bridal Ive learned great patience and customer service skills. The most enjoyable part is to see a bride choose her wedding gown.
A place that makes dreams come true
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Olympia, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefit
Cons: 4 month out of the year are blacked out for benefit time
Fast pace environment. You meet a lot of great customers and build relationships with them. The schedule the managers are required to work are very good for a retail job.
Fun, fast-paced job
Stylist (Current Employee), Clive, IAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fun workplace, room for promotion
Cons: long days with no breaks during busy season, working every weekend during busy season
I absolutely love working at David's Bridal. My co-workers are all incredibly supportive and willing to help. Management is great and very willing to work with you on your schedule. The hardest part of the job is Bridal Christmas (busiest time of year), because it's rare to get a weekend off. The other hard part is having to worry about sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to surround yourself with beautiful things all day and helping a person find the dress they will wear on one of the most important days of their lives. It's like playing with Barbies all day and it's a lot of fun!
Helping her find "The Dress" in a fun and energetic environment
Stylist (Current Employee), Westminster, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: exployee discount, everyone is excited to be there
Cons: difficult clients, extremely busy on weekends
It's an honor to be apart of anyone's special event or wedding. It's made all the more special if you get to help a bride find her dream dress, and assist in making her feel beautiful and special at the same time.
Each day at David's Bridal is a new, exciting adventure in a fun work place. Everyone has so much fun with what they do.
Even if you have a difficult client, or a hard to please bride, you get to step up to a creative challenge to find the perfect ensemble for them.
I get the most satisfaction, when I see that look of pure joy on a client's face, and know that they feel stunning in the dress.

1 2 3 4 5

About David's Bridal

Our Vow At David’s Bridal, we are committed to making dreams come true by offering consistently outstanding service to – Read more

David's Bridal Salaries