David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employer Reviews

Challenging job but very rewarding
Commission Based Bridal Consultant/Front Desk (Former Employee), Portage, MIJuly 27, 2014
Working at David's Bridal can be very tough. You are expected to meet certain sales requirements that can be hard to reach and sustain. There are always customers that are difficult (though not as many as TV would lead you to believe) and some days are rough. There are also customers who will make you feel like trusted friends and family and truly touch – more... your heart during your time with them. It is a great job and very rewarding but definitely not for everyone. – less
Making her feel like the bride she wants to be
Consultant/Stylist (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: running your own business
Cons: short breaks, closing late
The goal of the Bridal Consultant is to make her feel elated. During the one and only day where she will be a Bride, she wants to make sure she is in the best dress for the budget.
fun
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 22, 2014
Cons: benefits
i loved most of my co workers they were very helpful and friendly and most of my management
Different Very Day
Runner/ Presser (Current Employee), Orange, CTJuly 22, 2014
great place, everyone is very helpful, and easy to learn.. customer are different daily
Flexible Hours
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: fun, fashion
Cons: insurance & benefits, sometimes long hours with no breaks
If you enjoy working with the public this is a fun environment to do it in. There isn't much place for advancement, but the flexible hours make this the perfect job for college students.
The best job I've had. David's Bridal was like family.
Customer Service Representative/Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work was presenting David's Bridal merchandise for a woman's best day of her life. Coming to work with a smile on my face each day and reassuring that all customers left with a smile on their faces.
Productive work place
Stylist (Current Employee), Freehold, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: nice people, good experience
David's Bridal is a great place to work. I am learning alot, and doing something I am passionate about.
a life in bridal
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: comission based pay
working at David's Bridal was a dream. I would come into work and check to see what appointments I had for the day and once done with that I would call my previous appointments for follow ups on there wedding plans. helping brides and bridesmaids find there dresses through out the day was at times a challenge but I loved being able to play a part in – more... the making of someone's wedding – less
Enjoyed working with clients and co-workers
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good people, sociable environment, originally medical and dental care
Cons: required long evening and weekend hours, infrequent lunch breaks, difficult to take off personal time
I enjoyed the friendly staff and customers I got the opprotunity to work with. I am very sociable, therefore I really enjoy working with people. I loved selling and doing the job. I am a hardworker who worked many hours here. It was an opprotunity to make good money using good sale skills in good economic times. I enjoyed seeing my clients happy and – more... genuinely cared that they all had a great experience. I was lucky to work in a store with great co-workers as well. – less
Okay Company
Lead Customer Service Representative/Receiver (Current Employee), Macon, GAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: customer experience is great
Cons: low pay and harsh short hours
Work is okay a long with the stylist that work a long side you. Management is pretty good but like any job it is what you make it. Try it out for yourself and enjoy the experience. Davids is an awesome company the pay is just not what the work set to.
Not Really Worth It
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: you learn some things about the bridal industry, but not a ton. if you think it's what you want to do, see if you can do it here first.
Cons: bad pay, bad management
If you're wanting a career in bridal, or specifically bridal fashion, then this is a good place to start. Don't expect advancement or praise. Expect long hours with little compensation.
Very nice and helpful team
seamstress/fitter (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: saturday lunches with all team
The store was open from 11 am to 9 pm I learned to be very flexible to schedule the every day work.
The hardest part of the job was the contact with the customers , I learned to use my psychology skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see happy customers!
managers did not help and co-workers were okay.
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), phoenix,azJuly 1, 2014
The work environment was okay. Did not always finish all training before sending consultants on the floor. Not always did a manager help when a consultant needed help. The managers would also make you clock out at ten pm but would keep you until late at night.
emotionally rewarding.
Stylist (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: no free weekends unless you request them
Great store to work in . Staff and management got along great and it really made the place feel like home. As long as you meet your goals pay is pretty good but you really need to have an aptitude for selling. Always a positive atmosphere.
Wedding Dresses Seamstress Rep
Alterations Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 30, 2014
Pros: to see the different wedding and special occasion dress designs.
Cons: not consist pay
At David Bridal's I preformed many different tasks; I made phone calls to different clients, answered the phone with any questions about clients dress. I also fitted clients into there special occasion garments and altered the clients garments made to fit.
Needs to step in to the present with forward thinking,coaching culture
Management Team Member (Current Employee), New YorkJune 30, 2014
Pros: when a bride finds her dress and the amazing bell ceremony!
Cons: painfully outdated systems=painful conversations with droves of seriously peeved customers
David's has the most beautiful product and the ugliest culture. Getting in new and beautiful merchandise is always exciting, and watching a bride find her gown and participate in David's bell ceremony is so heart warming. We all truly and genuinely enjoy this. You are promised a great sense of fulfilling a lifelong dream of hopeful, excited brides with – more... the most antiquated systems ever . Many daily tasks are handwritten or hand counted or tallied. As a result, there are too many customer service issues to count. Orders are fulfilled through seriously outdated software and the promise dates of deliveries are often overshot by the DC, leaving employees to deal with and face swearing, screaming customers and brides on a daily basis. The executives are then asking you why traffic is down...why brides are leaving nasty feedback on social media...when it all ties back to them and the decisions that they make. David's software choices are also as old as Methuselah. The stress takes an enormous toll on the team's well being. The executive team is consistent with delivering inconsistencies, such as solid answers on how employees are paid commission, training and development of all employee levels. Executives highly lack effective coaching, feedback, and positive reinforcement skills like you would not believe. This lack in skill can often times lead to extremely demeaning conversations at all levels. Asking questions to check for understanding first just does not happen. Lately, management schedules are monitored at nauseum, and can be changed by executives within the week or without any advanced notice. It is also "not desirable" to take weekend days off.
The work/life balance is spoken to be very enticing during the recruitment phase of course, and it's truthfully looked down upon to take time off... for anything. – less
Great First Job
Stylist (Current Employee), VAJune 30, 2014
Great First Job....even part time but hard to work here for all period of time. I worked her when I was attending college, it takes 6 months to gain commission and base pay starts at 8.50....and everyone will not buy which takes the fun out of your job when your managers threaten to fire you.
Very stressful enviroment
Alterations Specialist (Former Employee), Natick, MAJune 29, 2014
Pros: nice customers
Cons: short breaks
I would not encourage anyone to work for David's Bridal, they do not think of their devoted employees.
Making Dreams Come True
Wedding Consultant/Stylist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: helping others complete a dream
Cons: heavy wedding gowns
I enjoyed coming to work. I got to dress bridal parties and young ladies who were about to have their quinceanera. It was a bit much when the gowns gotten heavy, but seeing that smile made my job worth it all.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2014
• Assisted staff in the reception area, answered multi-line telephone system
• Directed visitors to appropriate areas
• Accounting and reporting the amount of inventory on hand at any given time
• Tracking and reporting incoming and outgoing product shipments, distribution of the products during storage and order filling that depletes the stock

1 2 3 4 5

About David's Bridal

From prom night to the big day itself, David's Bridal begs to make an entrance. The largest retail chain specializing in bridal – Read more