David's Bridal Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2016
I enjoy most about my job is getting to find a bride her dream dress. She comes in with a vision of what she wants to look like and I make her dreams come true.
Positive and fun atmosphere with exceptional management
Sales Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 16, 2016
The working atmosphere in David's Bridal was wonderful, with a positive management/employee relationship, and understanding about customer satisfaction.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great Environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
I walked into work everyday the same way I walked out, with a smile on my face. The managers as well as coworkers have such a strong positive vibe that it hits you right when you walk into the store. With that type of environment set, a visit to Davids Bridal will be memorable.
Stressful
CSR/ Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 13, 2016
Not the easiest place to work very demanding job with low pay, management not very friendly and the hours were nice but then became very scarce. Must be a team player to be able to do well and customer service is not the best can use more training to help with better service
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2016
It's all about the team. that's what can make or break the experience. The customers can be a stress, but the ability to make someone's special day come closer to a reality is totally worth it sometimes.
High turn over and company changed employees with new management.
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 10, 2016
Dress and fill all needs of brides. As well as follow up and do paper work.
I learned I love to make people happy in high stress points in their life.
Management changed often.
Some were good and driven.
Co-worker and clients that steal.
Helping people to make their day the best for them.
Pros
If you were good at sales, like I am you could make good money.
Cons
Management would change and they would fire lots of people when that happened.
Do not work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJuly 7, 2016
Unless you enjoy working for a place with out of date software, an HR department that can never be contacted and a company that likes to steal your commision from you. I suggest another line of work.
Great starter job or career
Alterations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 6, 2016
This was the second company I worked with and I loved my time there overall. Met good people, met bad people. This type of job definitely helps you come out of your shell if you have one. I've learned a lot and I'll miss it.
Amazing Expeience, Bad Company
Core Stylist (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 5, 2016
This job can be rewarding if you enjoy not getting full credit on your paycheck and only receiving a pat on the back. Its amazing to see the smile on your customers face and helping their wedding days come true but when you get your paycheck and its gone before the weekend is over and your bills STILL aren't fully paid, how much longer can you survive like that? Loved the staff, the customers were nice most of the time, the pay is horrendous.
Pros
Yelp reviews from customers who like you, seeing all of the new merchandise andstyles come in
Cons
short breaks, poor pay, no room for growth
Upbeat and fun workplace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJune 28, 2016
David's Bridal is very upbeat and fun. The management is friendly and very helpful. The co-worker are helpful and amazing at their jobs.
Pros
Helping Brides
Friendly energeic work enviroment.
Alterations Specialist/Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2016
It's the type of job that lets you share the happiness along with the bride/bridal party once she has found her dress. There are smooth days with smiling brides, and then there are stressful days with overwhelmed brides who can't find a dress. My co-workers are energetic and keep a playful environment. Working here you really learn how to work with different body types and that its okay to voice your personal opinion as a stylist/seamstress. You play an important role in making their dress fit perfectly, knowing this will be a very important day in someones life and that's what makes this job worth it.
stressful
Bridal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 24, 2016
Work day consist of fitting brides and bridesmaids for dresses, Management was unprofessional and some of my co-workers were unreliable
Productive and pleasant with a great deal of craftsmanship
Alteration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 21, 2016
Beautiful atmosphere which is dreamy and wishful. Filled with gorgeous gowns and helpful coworkers. Enjoyed customizing the perfect dress for each bride. Assembling bustles allowed you to be creative. Influential in technical sewing skills and tools used to help achieve alterations. This is a great part-time/seasonal job.
David's Bridal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJune 15, 2016
I worked part time so I had a rotating schedule, that I had to call up to get. I would be absent for weeks at a time so it was hard to get back in the swig of things when I came back. I would have been able to do a great job if their was more consistency.
A work day
Dress Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 14, 2016
Honestly a great work load on one employee because of the lack of communication and hours willing to give out. Over all a great company.
IF you met your quota for the month you made a nice commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnJune 10, 2016
A typical day could start out very slow but could turn very busy very fast,
Management was fine to work with co workers were very nice
Hardest part of the job was lifting heavy dresses sometimes 6 to 8 per customer back on the racks
The most enjoyable was helping a bride fine that perfect dress for her perfect day
Pros
Commission Based along with salary
Cons
No Breaks some days
Oh David's
Bridal Show Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2016
Used to be a sales stylist, love connecting with customers, but low pay and working to hard for commission. Now, a bridal show rep. and I love doing that instead.
Pros
Work to live Balance, Marketing, Fun
Cons
Stressful environment, good prices so easy to make sales.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 5, 2016
I think the managers did the best they could with what they had. I was paid minimum wage but it was quite a challenging job, mentally and physically. Luckily I had a lot of patience. I saw that employees were usually under-trained or expected to learn on the fly, in either the product knowledge, customer service, and/or computer/cashiering aspects.
As a bridal consultant I was rushed to make a sale by managers, when my common sense would tell me that it is natural for a woman to want to think about it for a few days to a week before committing to a large sale, even if she loves the dress. Also, the most difficult thing about the job is that each consultant was expected to simultaneously assist not just one bride and bridal party, but as needed, up to four different groups, all expecting individual attention. So, it is a warehouse, and brides should expect to wait for attention on very busy days. Sometimes it is worth it, to find a pretty dress for a very affordable rate. But if a bride is expecting a lot, maybe start out at another place first, (although the prices are much more) to try out that experience.
The commission was not beneficial as it was set up in a way that you have to sell like $3-6,000 worth of product for every day you work, or something like that. I forget, but it was very difficult to do, and the more hours you work, the more you have to make. So commission isn't something I saw unless, I worked very few hours that week and happened to make large sales. For the work, it should be a higher paying job. Then they would have less turnover. (another problem
  more... there is employees were frequently leaving)  less
Pros
Fun co-workers, I enjoyed the beautiful dresses and fashion advising
Cons
Minimum wage, Commission a joke, pressure from management, overworked, physically demanding
amazing happy environment to work in.
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJune 4, 2016
there is never a day that will pass while working at Davids Bridal you will make someones day. You can feel the joy and the happiness in the air. The management is fun and are very helpful.
Loved my co- workers and guest
Bridesmaid Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 1, 2016
It was a fun experience to work at a bridal store. However, going to school full time and also working another job as well ended up being too much. I also was promised a service desk position the manager never followed through.
Pros
Met a lot of lovely people
Cons
Slightly stressful

2.9