David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employer Reviews

Good workplace with great assistant managers
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: little chance of benefits
A typical weekday can be pretty steady with customers coming in and out of the store. The most prevalent responsibility of the job is answering the phone; customers call in from open to close to ask about their orders, make appointments, etc. From this job, I learned that time management is a necessity and that a work environment is what the employees make of it; regardless of how tough the day could get, the right attitude could make all the difference. The assistant managers are amazing, they are helpful, understanding, fun, and teaching. My co-workers are hard working, kind, and fun; they take the job to heart and try to help their brides find the perfect fit. Working here, the hardest part of the job is handling disgruntled customers; in such a specialized industry, mistakes are a big deal when dealing with brides-to-be. Figuring out exactly what the problem is, how it happened, and how to fix it can get complicated by fast approaching wedding dates. On the other hand, seeing a bride or other customer completely pleased that they will look and feel beautiful on their big day was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun, creative work environment to work in and with amazing staff
Stylist (Current Employee), MurrietaFebruary 25, 2015
I start my shift with being given my sales goals for the day. Usually I see to customers and make sure I give them the best possible experience at David's Bridal by showing them products and services available to them. Working here I've learned how to ask questions to narrow in on the specific dress or dresses the customer has in mind for their special occasion, memorizing people's names, and learning a lot about the products & services available at David's Bridal. The management team is amazing. Always there to answer any questions or concerns any of the stylists or customers may have. They teach a more hands-on type of training, which is the best type of training anyone can receive. All my coworkers are very easy to get along with and we work in a team so it's very a cohesive group. It's awesome to be able to work in a sales-driven environment and be able to maintain great work-relationships with the staff and make our sales goals. Everyone is always willing to help one another on the job. Hardest part of the job, would be dealing with difficult customer service situations that are unique and are rare occurrences. In these cases, I have to go to management for assistance. The most enjoyable part of being at stylist at David's Bridal is helping your customer find "the dress" for their special event and seeing them light up and share tears of joy.
Amazing job, abusive manager
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: fun, fashion forward
Cons: abusivive environment
I loved my job. Selling wedding gowns was my dream job. But the constant verbal abuse of the store manager wore me down. She yelled at me, humiliated me in front of several customers until i broke down in tears crying and quit. The job itself was perfect. It was the manager who made me hate my job.
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee), PAFebruary 21, 2015
David's Bridal works to continue to value to it's brand and surprise and delight it's customers during their special day planning
Fun environment to work in
Jr Stylist (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, IllinoisFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day consists of brides and bridal parties coming in to try dresses for their upcoming event. working at Davids Bridal Ive learned great patience and customer service skills. The most enjoyable part is to see a bride choose her wedding gown.
A place that makes dreams come true
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Olympia, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefit
Cons: 4 month out of the year are blacked out for benefit time
Fast pace environment. You meet a lot of great customers and build relationships with them. The schedule the managers are required to work are very good for a retail job.
Fun, fast-paced job
Stylist (Current Employee), Clive, IAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fun workplace, room for promotion
Cons: long days with no breaks during busy season, working every weekend during busy season
I absolutely love working at David's Bridal. My co-workers are all incredibly supportive and willing to help. Management is great and very willing to work with you on your schedule. The hardest part of the job is Bridal Christmas (busiest time of year), because it's rare to get a weekend off. The other hard part is having to worry about sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to surround yourself with beautiful things all day and helping a person find the dress they will wear on one of the most important days of their lives. It's like playing with Barbies all day and it's a lot of fun!
Helping her find "The Dress" in a fun and energetic environment
Stylist (Current Employee), Westminster, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: exployee discount, everyone is excited to be there
Cons: difficult clients, extremely busy on weekends
It's an honor to be apart of anyone's special event or wedding. It's made all the more special if you get to help a bride find her dream dress, and assist in making her feel beautiful and special at the same time.
Each day at David's Bridal is a new, exciting adventure in a fun work place. Everyone has so much fun with what they do.
Even if you have a difficult client, or a hard to please bride, you get to step up to a creative challenge to find the perfect ensemble for them.
I get the most satisfaction, when I see that look of pure joy on a client's face, and know that they feel stunning in the dress.
no commission , not someone with a family
Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2015
you work your butt off to sell these dress and see nothing in return ....no commission you have to sell atlas 4-5 bridal dress n accessories from head to toe within your hours per day work to see a little something

co-workers and the customers was the best the ones that kept me there n not walking out
Great place to work on your people skills
CONSULTANT (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Cons: commission is unrealistic
helping brides in an out of dresses hoping they don't waste your time since you are commissioned on an hourly basis. which happens at most times therefore the commission structure is unrealistic.
Fun, happy place to work but chaotic and extremely geared toward favoritism
Seasonal Stylist (Current Employee), Lafayette,La.February 12, 2015
Pros: fun, informative, you get to be surrounded bu happiness and pretty things!
Cons: most everything else
Good company, well established. David's has all the points in place to make most every employee succeed and become a brilliant Bridal Stylist. Fun, happy place to work! Everyone who comes in the doors is usually happy to be there and that carries over into the whole culture inside the store.

Saturdays can be EXTREMELY chaotic. I work at the Lafayette,La. store and I can say that I've heard many walk-in customers complain about service, wait times and standing in line too long.

Management at this location is very knowledgeable and helpful to associates. However, they exhibit marked favoritism toward some employees over others. The favorites get more hours, for one. 2: Favoritism is exhibited by telling some Jr. Stylists (temp., part time, seasonal) that only CORE stylists (perm. Employees) are to service brides while Jr's are to put away dresses, help bridesmaids,etc.. 3: Their favorite Jr. Stylists, who all have the same or lower levels experience, are given more hours and brides. Those "favorite Jr. Stylists" ,thereby, get the opportunity to make more money not only in hourly pay but also commission. I,personally, have experienced the favoritism on both sides. At first I was given a little training then trusted enough to start taking on brides, worked avg of 30-35 hrs/wk, praised for how well I was doing,etc... Then suddenly with no reason given I was told to give ANY bride to Core members, had appointments that were made by brides who specifically wanted to work with me given to other team members and hours cut back to 12 hrs a week.

Like I said....great company to work for, fun place to work but unless you're looking for something to supplement your Starbucks habit I wouldn't recommend working at this location.
I love the people I work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 12, 2015
If it was not for the lovely girls I work with I would dread work but I love my job and I enjoy going to work. I come into work and there is always something new to do which challenges me and gives me a reason to push myself. If I have any questions or I am struggling with anything there is always someone there to help me or explain to me how to do something.
Fastpaced and friendy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free alterations help
Cons: short breaks if any
-I typically started my shift by calling to remind customers of their upcoming alteration appointments. Next I assisted the appointments happening during my shift by finding their bridal dress, helping the customer try on their dress, and scheduling future appointments. I also helped complete small alteration appointments during my free moments.

-I learned how to make customers feel comfortable, telephone communication, and scheduling in a way to meet customers needs but fit with the needs of my coworkers.

-The management was organized and had good communication between departments. My co-workers were helpful and enjoyable to work with.

-The hardest part of the job was only having a short break if any break at all during a busy shift.

-The most enjoyable part was being able to assist brides in their wedding plans and working with a team to make each appointment as efficient as possible.
Fun Environment, Nice Staff
Jr. Stylist (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: staff, work environment
Cons: pay, breaks, hours
The position is great and a lot of fun! It is fast paced and keeps you on your toes. I have learned so much since my first day. The pay isn't great but the overall experience and information gained is priceless. This job is good if you want to make extra money or get into the bridal industry.
Do not work here as a stylist
Stylist (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, working with brides
Cons: short breaks, constant pressure, expected to work long hours
Managers make pretty good money but as stylist the struggle will be real. Its just entirely not worth it . Too much work for too little money.
Exciting and fun job
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Avondale, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: competitive industry, store doesn;t always have what the customer is looking for.
Being part of such a special event for someone is very exciting and rewarding. You have the opportunity to work with a bride from the moment she steps into the store all the way thru her entire event up to the day of the wedding. Its a great feeling to see the joy and excitement in someone and know you helped create that.
SLAVE WORK!!!
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Paducah, KYJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at work go in and make tons of calls pretty much harassing the brides you have not sold to yet knowing that they are not going to purchase or even come back. When they day actually starts you work yourself to the bone none stop, with barely a break if they remember to give you one. The commission is BS! Even if your amazing at sales you still wont make anything, its a complete ripoff so the company makes the money. I got tired of even trying to sell,You can clearly tell who will buy and who is coming to play dress up. I was told I could move to CSR I was fine that it paid more and more hours. Then after thinking this for a month I was told I could be a Dress Specialist. Something I did not want. Management was a joke. They should not have been running a store and had no idea how to. The only good thing that came from the job was the friends I had when I left.
Already reviewed this
Jr. Stylist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work with your schedule
Cons: on your feet a lot
It's making me review this again....please read other post from people. It's a great place to work but I already said that haha.
Helping to make the perfect wedding day
Stylist (Current Employee), Hoover, ALJanuary 22, 2015
David's Bridal is a nice company to work for. The customers value your opinion and rely heavily on you to help them find the perfect look for their wedding day. They don't just come in looking for a dress, but the experience that comes along with finding the dress,
loved my co-workers, hated everything else
customer service representative (Current Employee), orland park, ilJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks/no breaks, poor management, poor hours, too stressful
Managers are awful. Corporate is awful. Customers are awful. Procedures are awful. When I first started, I loved my job. By now, I hate it. Weekends are non-stop craziness, and good luck getting a lunch.

1 2 3 4 5

About David's Bridal

Our Vow At David’s Bridal, we are committed to making dreams come true by offering consistently outstanding service to – Read more