David Evans and Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable place to work
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed the working for this company, good coworkers they were willing to help me out when I had questions. I was kept informed about what was happening in the whole company
Pros
Good variety of projects
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 10, 2016
Fast Paced work environment, Great people to work with. High strung. Hardest part of job, very tight budgets. The most enjoyable part is you will never go hungry.
Pros
Free food
Cons
You will gain weight
Great people and place to work
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2016
Great work environment with flexible hours. Pay and compensation are above average compared to local companies. DEA is an employee owned company and it shows in the way they do business..
Communication
Hydrographer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 10, 2014
Typical work is data processing in the winter through the summer months until the large contracts being for the summer survey season. I learned to think quickly on my feet. My co-workers were hard working and reliable. The most difficult part of the job was communicating with upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to new places and discovering new underwater treasures.
Pros
traveling
Cons
poor work life balance, communication, inability to move up in the ranks.
slow paced small office environment
Office Manager/Document Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2014
Make sure all supplies were up to date. Handled computer backup monthly and weekly, sent backups to Iron Mountain and main office. Handled all UPS deliveries. Managed all IT equipment and made sure employees computers worked efficiently. Co-workers were pleasant and helpful. Management was on point. The hardest part of the job were learning to handle the filing system. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all the employees.
Pros
beautiful people to work with.
Cons
not busy enough
Loyal and Committed
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 30, 2013
The people at David Evans and Associates are committed in advancing your skills and career. I enjoy working in this environment.
It was a temp job
Environmental Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 24, 2012
I have worked with a few people at DEA in my past and hope to get to work with them again. Since it was a temp job, based on a single project, I really never got a feel for the company, just the couple people I worked with directly.
Enjoyed the job and most of all the people
Mail Center clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 3, 2012
It was a great place to work and I loved having every other Friday off. Everyone was approachable and just a good place to work. I was sad to be laid-off but I understand it is just the times.
It wasn't nearly busy enough and that made for some long days. You always learn new things from the people around you.
My coworkers were the best in just one year I have made some lasting friendships.
The hardest part - Not enough work, thats why I was laid-off
The people by far was the most enjoyable from the president to the guys in my department
Pros
people
Cons
lack of work