David Lawrence Center Employee Reviews in United States

David Lawrence Center
Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 4, 2016
At DLC each day brought its own challenges. On a typical day I met with people with MH/SA issues, translated for clinicians and psychiatrist and dealt with administrative issues. I learned a lot. Excellent management team. My work experience was very positive and fulfilling. I had many co-workers over the 10 years. Developed strong social work skills. Dealt with work positively and did 4 years of college while taking care of my two wonderful kids.
Pros
Experience in social work field
Cons
no coments
Excellent environment to work among real professional people
Adult Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 2, 2015
On one side, it was very challenging and sometimes stressful to work with adult clients; especially, those ones coming out the State Hospital after a lengthy admission. On the other side, it was very rewarding and fulfilling to help those clients to get back on track and reinsert them successfully into the community. All that was possible thanks to a great management and excellent team work.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Very good and updated training program.
Mental Health
Clinician II-Community Action Team (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 10, 2015
Hard working employees collaborate to give client's and families quality mental health treatment. I've learned to work as a team, and to be empathetic to all who walk through the doors.
Consistency
Behavioral Health Technician II / Support Staff II (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 15, 2014
Administration is made up of sycophantic employees who never leave.
The employees are top notch
Behavioral Health Technician II (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 1, 2014
I loved working at DLC because of the other people I worked with. The setting is very challenging due to the nature of the work. Working with people with addictions or mental illness can be frustrating, but it helps if you have people around you that can share the load.
Pros
free meals, free yoga
Cons
long hours, on your feet
Challenging
Chemical Dependency Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Challenging work at times emotionally draining. Huge turnover rate.
ok
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Not happy for the way I was handled. Don't agree with the way they handle things.
Pros
traveling to different facilities
Cons
being laid off
Great Place to work, great environment
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 13, 2013
The policies and people here are dedicated, thoughtful and ambitious. I love working here and helping out in the office.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
job security
Productive, Good Starter job, opportunity for promotion.
Adult Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 29, 2013
Productive environment to work in (more specifically, outpatient services). Great job for student's just coming out of college looking to work in the mental health field. You have great opportunities to work within the facility and out in the community to link to other resources.
Pros
lunches, good benefits, growth, and experience.
Cons
can be stressful at times, depending on your position the supervision can be lacking.
Not right for everyone
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 15, 2013
The time spent at the Center had its ups and downs. The center utilizes a fantastic training program, much more comprehensive than that to which I was accustomed. Further, the employee appreciation initiatives were both generous and appreciated.

The staff was reletivley easy to work with and most seemed genuinley dedicated to their jobs and to the center. This being said though, some clearly had anger issues that did not benefit the clients whatsoever. Other staff would talk about the clients negativley in their presence or blatantly ignore their needs while "on the floor". From time to time, they would be known to "brag" about their reaction to an unruly client, which to me, was nothing short of unprofessional.

They tend to offer jobs (perhaps rightfully so given the dynamics of the area) to those who are bilingual, though they are misleading about this quasi-"requirement" in their hiring process, especially when it involves a longer distance hire. I believe my current supervisor up north refers to their actions as a "bait and switch" tecnique whereby one is led to believe they are being offered one job and in reality, receive another that is several levels below their educational / experience-related qualifications. In this regard, the pay was quite sub-par and they were misleading about the first 6-month increase.

The insurance is decent for the area, though in wokring for a nonprofit in the north that uses the same insurance company (BCBS), it pales in comparison (at David Lawrence) for a higher cost for services and a reduced number / amount of services covered.

In
  more... summary, the Center is not a terrible place to work for the general lack of work within the greater region, though I personally am much happier to be up north again and no longer a part of this organization.  less
Pros
mostly dedicated and professional staff, training program
Cons
pay rate, hiring practices, misleading about certain aspects
Great Employer
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  NaplesNovember 8, 2012
Overall, a very positive experience. Good benefits, pleasant work environment, good salary. One of the best "perks" is that many offices/service areas close at 3:00 on Fridays and they have a generous paid leave plan.
Pros
paid leave plan
Cons
can be very busy
Exciting training
BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE TECHNICIAN LEAD (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 11, 2012
Deal with a wide range of mental disabilities, drug dependacy, and children dealing with mental health issues.
Dedicated workforce with passion to help people suffering with mental and substance abuse issues.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR II (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 6, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working with this company. I was given autonomy in my programs and worked hard to make sure my clients had the best treatment available to them.

I facilitated numerous programs while working at the David Lawrence Center. My typical day consisted of running two to three groups, three individual sessions, full psycho-social assessments, and preparing all the necessary paperwork and records for clinical flow. I learned a lot about the field, health care management and found that the hardest business is the disconnect between probation officers and therapists. In mandated treatment, the therapist is required to wear many hats. The most enjoyable part of my job is the intrinsic reward when I'm told that I made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
vacation days
Cons
indifferent management

David Lawrence Center Reviews by Location