David Lewis & Associates Employee Reviews

Professional Office very clean and modern
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 4, 2017
A typical work day starts at 8;30 am managers are eager to help you learn..Management coaches you, in return you learn how to sell which equates to commission.The commission is more than fair.The work culture is great very mature people that still know how to have fun.The company is secure they have been in business over 30 years. The owner has vision and the company is growing. The hardest part of the job is DLA is growing and change is inevitable.The most enjoyable part of the job is.they pay by the hour plus commission.The sky is the limit the harder you work the more you earn, Sales managers treat you with respect but they are firm on company standards.It;s nice leaving at 5:30 pm and leaving the job at work. Great place to work
Pros
No Nights No Weekends. Management .Great Sales Program
Cons
No 401K
Learned more inro sales and customer service
Inside Sales Representative/Data Enry (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 14, 2017
A typical day at work consist of answering phone calls. making phone sales. Doing Data Entry, and sending out emails to our members. The Management is alright. Makes me kind of feel like they don't have to much respect for their employees. The hardest part of our job is dealing with rude customers. But i learn a lot ways to deal with a complicated customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the work schedule is constant and i learn new things every day.
Pros
Hours, work schedule, and experience
Cons
they dont include health care, 401 K, or really not much of benefits
Great Company!
Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 29, 2016
I work 8:30-5:30, Monday through Friday and the day flies by because I am so busy, which I love. It is upbeat and fast paced here and always changing which is fun, keeps from being bored! Management has an open door policy and is always willing to listen and accommodate if possible.

My co-workers are diverse and a fun group, lots of laughter during the day.

The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to finish all the things I need to do!

The most enjoyable part of the job is doing lots of different things, its mixed up during the day so, it isn't tedious for me.
Educating others and Work/Life Balance
Training Liaison (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FloridaMarch 29, 2016
It is inspiring to work for a company that is passionate about educating others to improve their personal and business goals collectively. On a personal note, this company employs hard working individuals who know how to use their time efficiently by working smarter, not harder which also includes having fun when appropriate. We each have families and management understands the need to provide a balance in this area as we all have individual needs. DLA expects all employees to take two, 15 minute breaks daily and an hour for lunch. We all arrive at 8:30 and leave at 5:30 with NO WEEKENDS! Overall, a great place to spend 40 hours per week while providing a service to one of the most important industries in the U.S.
Pros
Mgmt. open to suggestions & Work-Life Balance
Cons
Nationwide Company so communication via "GoToMeeting" is necessary.
David Lewis & Associates
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 29, 2016
I've been with David Lewis & Associates for 15+ years. "DLA" has given me the ability to learn and grow in a progressive environment. I started in an Entry Level Position and advanced into Management. The environment provided is very nice and conducive to productivity. I enjoy working for a talented leader in the Automotive industry who is an example to all who work under his Leadership.
Peaceful, productive, and comfortable work environment
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 25, 2016
Working a typical 8:30-5:30 gives me the opportunity to maintain a healthy routine and balance between my work life and home life, having evenings and weekends to myself. Management is on top of everything and has never failed to make sure their employees are satisfied. I've never felt unfair, or judged. Coming from someone with a strong personality, I've always been able to voice my opinions and or concerns without being shut down, instead everyone here has been open minded completely. My co-workers are all respectful. There isn't a hard part of my job, I'm good at what I do and any troubles I have my boss is right there to assist me. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that everyone here understands that we all spend 40 hours a week together- so we all work to keep a positive environment and make each other laugh and feel happy to work for this company.
Great physical environment
National Trainer and Training Center Director (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PaDecember 10, 2014
Trained dealership staff in all facets of front end operations. The curriculum was up to date and fresh for todays sales environment and the training facility was state of the art and conducive to learning.
Pros
Facility
Cons
Great place to learn, great co-workers
Computer Programmer/Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 6, 2013
Arrived at 8am, started coding or whatever technical issue that needed to be fixed first before coding could begin. Took lunch at noon, returned at 1pm, continued tasks until 5 - 5:30pm. I learned how to use several different programming languages and programs. I learned how to use many machines and how to do technical support and deal with customers. My co-workers were great people and we all got along well. The hardest part of the job was having to pick up the slack everytime someone was let go and no replacement was ever hired. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use all the different programs.
Pros
Hour lunches, capability to go to doctor appointments when needed
Cons
Had to pick up slack for all the fired workers who weren't replaced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Lewis & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3