David Weekley Homes Employee Reviews

Lowest pay in the industry
Project Coordinator - Assist Project Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 1, 2017
You do the most work as a project coordinator for the absolute lowest pay. The salary is an insult. No room for advancement unless you switch to Sales, builder, etc.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Pay
Most days are good
Lead Warranty Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
They match your 401K up to 8%. If you have a good Project Manager it's a great place to work. Ifyou get a not so good project manager - you have to beg for a raise and expected to answer your phone 24/7
Pros
Depends on your PM, some are great and some arejust out for themselves to make every penny they can put on their pocket
Cons
You get called by homwowners 7 days a week
Ok place to work
Project Manager / Construction Manger (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2017
Really talked a lot about company organization and how much training you will get. They claim that you will get a lot of help with training. They claim that your unable to make a mistake and that yo do not need construction experience. This is all untrue.
Great Place to Work by Fortune for years in a row
PRODUCTION DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Check out Fortune's Best Place to work list. Weekley has made the list 3 out of the 4 years I've been employed and I think it's much deserved. Selfless Founder, great community leader, great quality of homes. Awesome culture
Great work place culture
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Builder for more than 3 years. Training is the best in the industry. Great preparation for in field experiences. Builders pay is a quite off-balanced in relation to sales. Especially when builder does twice the work with customers.
Pros
Great culture, rewarding for those who like the rah rah stuff.
Cons
Pay for builders not good. Holding builder jobs over their heads for a survey can be stressful.
Great company
Warranty Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 19, 2017
Have nothing bad to say about the company. Great place to work with an employee first mentality. Great benefits, employee discounts and huge 401k match
Females beware
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2017
Very male-oriented and demanding. They talk a lot about the culture and in some ways it is true.
Mr Weekley himself is a good man. Local management is not good
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Demanding
Great culture, hard work, great training, decent compensation.
Builder (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 9, 2017
David Weekley has high standards for its employees, and educates them well. Training sessions are frequent, and they inundate you with their company culture, which isn't a bad thing.

Salary was fair. They treat their employees fairly well. I liked most of the people I worked with. Opportunities for advancement were somewhat lacking. Not too much in the way of promotion that I witnessed, or have heard about since leaving. Some upper management were let go for what I felt were reasons beyond the control of the employee.

From a construction management perspective they run an extremely tight budget to create a great product. They will be flexible with the budget on behalf of their customers. Worst move to make at this company is to allow a customer issue to get out of hand. You won't last long without near perfect surveys.

My company experience was good here, but I was given quite a bit of work that I was not compensated on (taking care of multiple closings for other builders and not seeing any bonus). Because customer is king (although they preach that the employee is), it is hard to handle a high volume houses within their system while giving proper attention to obtain a good survey. They at times will flood you with houses, creating this situation.

I'm glad I worked here. I gained valuable experience and learned how to work under enormous pressure, with high standards of building and customer service. If you get on board as a CM, better be ready to work!!
Pros
Great corporate culture, great learning experience
Cons
High stress, mediocre pay, limited advancement opportunities
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2017
very rewarding yet demanding career. this company is integrity to the T. they give you the power and tools to run your own business. 100% would recommend
Be Warned
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  TXJune 12, 2017
Allot of it comes down to your specific boss and position. However be aware of any company that lauds about how great they are and how they are on fortunes be company to work for during the interview. The turnover is so high over there b.c. the unrealistic job expectations. I could go on and on but I wouldn't recommend unless your in IT or work at the Houston corporate office, as most other positions I interacted with had brutal turnover and expect to never fully meet their expectations as their culture is built around that it seems.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
read above, but Their systems and technology is laughable.
Challenging Place To Work
Lead Builder (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2017
Running your own business everyday. Once Customers have selected there options and you get your completed plans it is a fun experience see a home take shape and including a customer in that journey.

Management was unstable, 3 manager in 3 years. Hard to keep up with folks who have only sales back ground. Working as a team strengthen those weakest spots and provided excellent service to our customers.

Hardest part of the job was folks not in your project effecting your job, your bonus, your customers and not being held responsible. Seamed like we started homes with errors in take offs, selections, etc, things we have to spend an enormous amount of time fixing to stay on schedule and give customer exactly what they deserved after putting there faith in us to build them there dream home. Production suffers but it's not something we can fix.

Most enjoyable part was working with the trades and customers. Meet so many people and everyone has different strengths and learning them and applying that is what made me successful.
Pros
Excellent Team
Cons
Desig & Take Off Errors
Family oriented environment
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2017
Good company to work for, had very well balanced work life. When it came to transferring to a new area, was very difficult and when I had time off for surgery wasn't the best to come back to.
Largest Privately Owned Homebuilder in US
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
Overall, my experience working with DWH was enjoyable. As needs arose or changed, position opportunities changed. Challenging part was customer service roles. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help out fellow coworkers, fellow team members or DWH homeowners.
great place to work
Construction Documents Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
This is a large company without the large company politics. Benefits package is fantastic, compensation is a little light. Great support systems. Corporate oversight is strong but no impeding.
Pros
great company
Cons
pay barely average
Great Orginization
Lead Builder/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
This is a great organization to be a part of. The culture of the company is unsurpassed and if you get the opportunity to become a member of their team, I would highly recommend you do so.
Just awesome
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2017
I could write a book about what an amazing place to work David Weekley Homes is. DWH has made the top 100 companies to work for in the US list 11 times (every time they've been eligible). The pay is good, benefits are great, and the people are amazing. I've worked for the company 10+ years and I will retire here. They really invest in their people through extensive training, mentorship, growth and leadership opportunities.....
There is no micromanagement, the company gives you the tools and training to be successful and stays out of your way. The management team is very supportive and always available.
Pros
Challenging, people, processes, benefits, fun, training, rewarding
Good Place to work
Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
good place to work and a good company. great culture and company is going places in the future. had a great time and learned a lot working there. overall great
Best job I've ever had
Help Desk Intern; Hardware Orders Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
I'm working with the Help Desk and its been an amazing experience. The people are great, the work isn't too challenging and I get to work with people all around the country.
Pros
long lunches, great management, good atmosphere
Low pay with high turnover
High Density Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Immature leadership, lack of loyalty, unrealistic expectations, dysfunctional relationships within design department. Low pay and high turnover, high stress.
Pros
free food
Cons
low pay
Not recommended
Builder (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Excellent company, terrible management. Production only focused, never quality. They say they pride themselves on quality building, but the only focus is on quantity and production. Management is not supportive of employees and will not help escalate issues or problem-solve.
Pros
Corporate Company with excellent benefits
Cons
Terrible management support and production only focused