David Weekley Homes Employee Reviews

ok
Builder Service Representative (Current Employee) –  texasOctober 12, 2015
some departments are really fun with managers that care about you. the salary is low for the work we do. the culture is changing
No upward mobility
Supply Chain Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2015
if you want to stay where you are then this is the position for you. other than that, it will be very mundane and repetitive, you learn a lot at first but it will hit its peak soon enough and then it's just work with very few knowledge acquire after the first year, and then it becomes monotonous and you don't get promoted unless the manager quits or gets fired
Pros
nice boss, fun colleagues
Cons
boring, monotonous, suffocation
Excellent Employer and Homebuilder
Design Center Coordinator/MLS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Excellent Employer and Homebuilder. David Weekley Homes treats its employees well and strives to build outstanding residential homes and communities.
Masonry Foreman (Current Employee) –  Houston TXAugust 11, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no healthcare
The best job!
Warranty Coord. & Payables-Receivable (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 8, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company. I learn about every position they had. The training, salary and the excellent treatment to the employees was outstanding.
Pros
Advancement and training
Cons
non
Great People
Supply Chain Specialist and Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
The greatest part of this job was the people. Everyone has a smiling face and is happy to help you in whatever way they can.
Fun and Stressful
Warranty Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 23, 2015
It was great training and very fun. The management are all young and really old. Very secretive and pushy.Great benefits and a gas card if you work as a warranty rep. Co workers are very fun and energetic. Dealing with homeowners is the hardest part about the job. A lot of things break in the home, and you get overloaded with calls. Free lunches and parties!
Pros
Free lunches, Work alone, Gas Card
Cons
Management, training every week, homeowners are very stressful
Voluntary departure
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  AustinJune 1, 2015
I worked for the Austin Division for 21 months. My husband and I decided we would return to our home state. My supervisor asked for as much notice as possible. I gave 5 weeks. With a little more than two weeks left, I was called into her office and told I wasn't needed anymore. I would be paid through the next day but I could leave right now. I was given a box for my things and I left. Less than 15 minutes transpired from the time I was asked to come into her office and my departure. No information given regarding final paycheck, 401k transfer - nothing. Thank you, you did a good job. Goodbye. When my final paycheck did not show up in my bank via direct deposit, I called the co-worker who trained me. She said it would be mailed on Friday. Houston to Austin on Monday and it still hasn't shown up. For as much training goes into hiring, it would behoove the company to have exit strategies in place. I really enjoyed working there but it was definitely tainted by my exit.
First level management is scared of upper management
IT Applications Dev. /Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
There are a lot of cliques and if you want to stay by yourself you get bullied.Highly educated people are not valued. Good coworkers though.
Great company culture and work environment
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 24, 2015
The initial training received is unlike anywhere else I have ever worked. And then the continuing job training and education serves to enhance an employee's performance. Everyone I worked with genuinely enjoyed working for David Weekley Homes and performing their jobs at the highest levels. There was always an open-door policy with management and the upper-level support was tremendous.
was fun at first
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
loved the culture the company presented but it was not what this department presented. i was ultiately unhappy and left for other opportunities
Lack of work, home balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Great place to work if you don't have a family or don't mind work upwards of 50 hours a week, holidays and every weekend. The position taught me great detail of self marketing and sales. The company environment is very welcoming and helpful
Pros
commissions, coworkers, freedom of marketing
Cons
no work home life balance
Warranty Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2014
Great place to work with a good corporate culture. Friendly coworkers
Great Company
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMay 26, 2014
Excellent company to move up in and top notch management. They have a great checks and balance system in place.
If you can buy in to their corporate culture then you'll be a good fit...
Residential Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2014
I didn't fit in with their corporate culture and we, therefore, reached an agreement that they didn't want me and I didn't want them, but I left voluntarily and on good terms.
Pros
no cubicle and every day is a little different
Cons
working with sub-contractors who don't know the meaning of "quality", sub-contractors who expect to get paid whether they complete a job to agreed upon standards or not.
New Homes Sales builder
New Homes Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston,TxDecember 28, 2013
meet with customer, secure site to build home, obtain financing/mortgage for prospects, meet with construction on weekly basis regarding status of buyers homes. work with mortgage company to ensure buyers obtain full approval, work with title company to ensure all necessary documentation is presented. complete inspections of progress on buyers homes update buyers of status,
Ra Ra Sis Boom....sizzle
Builder (Current Employee) –  TampaSeptember 20, 2013
Starts out as a great company with a welcoming attitude. You are told you will drink the "blue cool aid" and from the surface seems like a very good company to work for. The home office is great and welcoming but the longer you are there the more you realize how disorganized and inept the people they have in place are. Failure to see the increasing demand for trades they are ill equipped to keep up with production, poor designs for the price they want to pay trades in Florida, take off errors, they do not like anyone to take initiative and stand out as a leader. Upper management on the division level are clueless on actually knowing how to manage and seem unaware of the realities of the market. They do not market their properties and therefore don't know how to drive sales. Purchasing is way understaffed and overworked. They have no real land department so they never properly do a lot take down - lots are too high, too low, obstructions, cracked curbs, buried whips etc. As a builder you are supposed to just adapt to their incompetence and deal with it while keeping production going. Overall disorganized and not able to adapt to a growing market - too busy covering things up from the Houston Office and scared to death of Mike Humphrey who is a reasonable, fair and intelligent man - probably because they know they are inadequate for the job.
Pros
home office is great
Cons
management on a local level is clueless
Very good and strong company values.
Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 7, 2013
Fun place to work. Provided extensive training to it's employees.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
compensation
In The early 2000's great company to be a part of, when the economy tanked so did the culture
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2013
Great place to work the first six years, lots of team building,nice hard working, honest people who worked together as a team and all worked on "Doing the right thing". 7th year management hired people out to secure their positions who definately did not follow the David Weekley motto of "Doing the right thing".
Pros
benefits, 401k match
Cons
motto is "do the right thing" rank and file try, management does whatever suits them
Integrity and Doing the Right Thing - that is the way we do business at David Weekley Homes.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLJuly 19, 2013
David Weekley Homes strives to bring out the best in their people and provide a challenging work environment. Their Team Members are encouraged to utilize their potential to positively affect other people's lives, increase their own self-fulfillment, and enhance their own lives. More than just building homes, they exist as a company to serve our purpose of Building Dreams, Enhancing Lives: They strive to create a challenging and rewarding work culture, delighting their Customers with an unequaled home owning experience and positively impacting our community by what they do and how they act. It is a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions and shifting priorities each day. The hardest part of the job to me was effectively keeping our team members motivated during the economic downturn in the economy, which is a situation out of my control. The best part of the job is that it was never boring! Actually, the best part is that I felt my opinion mattered. I was included in the executive staff meetings, and I was encouraged to grow and learn by my manager.
Pros
benefits, team members, culture of the company, 401k, profit sharing
Cons
it's a challenging job, but i have been here 8 years and i would not leave this company if i weren"t relocating to valdosta, ga with my husband.