David Weekley Homes Employee Reviews

Hidden agendas, False hope
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2016
WHen i was hired on i was told within 60 days of ym hire dat ei would be selling in a brand new community, after waiting nearly five and half months i was used to close out a community and clean up the work of two other sales consultants who went on to start a new community. over all the company has great training great benefits great pay and overall is not a bad place to work if all you care about is pay and benefits and thats it. but if you expect to be treated fairly and like an equal then this is not a good company for that. the managers clearly have there favorites sales are oftne handed to another more seasoned weekley team member even if that member does not sale in your community. the company has a lack of morals when it come to treating there sales team. the top sellers will say its great but they also have dedicated 16+ years of there life to the company and are still only a sales consultant.
Pros
good pay benefits and income
Cons
shady work environment, lack of trust among managers and team, very apparent favorites
Not recommended
Builder (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Excellent company, terrible management. Production only focused, never quality. They say they pride themselves on quality building, but the only focus is on quantity and production. Management is not supportive of employees and will not help escalate issues or problem-solve.
Pros
Corporate Company with excellent benefits
Cons
Terrible management support and production only focused
GReat Place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2016
I love this company, best place i had ever worked. i was a project manager. Great benefits, david weekley really cares about his employees
Best job in my career, Best Company.
Senior Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Good company, Had a good time working there and made many friends. Accomplished many goals. Acieived many awards and promotions. Many of which came from David Weekly Himself.
Pros
Job Challenge, People I worked with and the compensation for a job well done
Cons
Customer confrontation can be difficult at times.
Good Place to work
Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
good place to work and a good company. great culture and company is going places in the future. had a great time and learned a lot working there. overall great
Best job I've ever had
Help Desk Intern; Hardware Orders Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
I'm working with the Help Desk and its been an amazing experience. The people are great, the work isn't too challenging and I get to work with people all around the country.
Pros
long lunches, great management, good atmosphere
Voluntary departure
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  AustinJune 1, 2015
I worked for the Austin Division for 21 months. My husband and I decided we would return to our home state. My supervisor asked for as much notice as possible. I gave 5 weeks. With a little more than two weeks left, I was called into her office and told I wasn't needed anymore. I would be paid through the next day but I could leave right now. I was given a box for my things and I left. Less than 15 minutes transpired from the time I was asked to come into her office and my departure. No information given regarding final paycheck, 401k transfer - nothing. Thank you, you did a good job. Goodbye. When my final paycheck did not show up in my bank via direct deposit, I called the co-worker who trained me. She said it would be mailed on Friday. Houston to Austin on Monday and it still hasn't shown up. For as much training goes into hiring, it would behoove the company to have exit strategies in place. I really enjoyed working there but it was definitely tainted by my exit.
Not worth it if you have a family life
sales (Current Employee) –  TampaApril 11, 2013
Some employees are worked relentlessly and not able to take even regular company days off or vacation days without extreme scrutiny from management. Others with seniority are given carte blanche at premium communities and take days off and leave early routinely. The people who have been at the company for years run it not the management. They run off employees they dont want or are threatened by. Endless pointless and unproductive meetings with fake culture they dont practice. Everyone calls it drinking the kool aid time. Builders and sales sometimes forced to work through major holidays, some on Christmas day all the while they are trying to promote a brand of family values. Builders and sales are used up and seen as replaceable.
Pros
great benefits, great training, nice homes
Cons
highest turnover rate ive ever seen, company not keeping up with competitors
Good jobs are in the office
Sales (Former Employee) –  RaleighFebruary 12, 2013
One thing you might notice--the good reviews mostly come from the desk jobs. Weekley means well and his programs and plans start on a good foot. In the field, the builders have to get the job done in spite of what happens in the office. The poor software and inaccurate take-offs, incorrect permits, and an easily exploited bonus system make it easy for the less honest people to get ahead here. The lack of regular audits by the central management create some makeshift workarounds in the office, with some folks often hard to find. Beware of any division where the managers did not serve as a builder or salesperson in that division. If there is a policy of bringing in experts from elsewhere, you will never see a real promotion. And be wary of the coaches, they pretend to be your co-workers, yet they make reports on you that go to upper management.
Pros
great benefits, generous owner of the company
Cons
in-house software is horrible, some very nasty people from houston often check the field guys
Fun and Stressful
Warranty Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 23, 2015
It was great training and very fun. The management are all young and really old. Very secretive and pushy.Great benefits and a gas card if you work as a warranty rep. Co workers are very fun and energetic. Dealing with homeowners is the hardest part about the job. A lot of things break in the home, and you get overloaded with calls. Free lunches and parties!
Pros
Free lunches, Work alone, Gas Card
Cons
Management, training every week, homeowners are very stressful
New Home Sales
New Home Sales (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Great Company. Went through growth changes. Builds a beautiful homes, I have one. One of the very Best in Houston and the rest of the Texas locations
Pros
Can make good money in right location
Cons
Hours
In The early 2000's great company to be a part of, when the economy tanked so did the culture
Purchasing  (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2013
Great place to work the first six years, lots of team building,nice hard working, honest people who worked together as a team and all worked on "Doing the right thing". 7th year management hired people out to secure their positions who definately did not follow the David Weekley motto of "Doing the right thing".
Pros
Benefits, 401K match
Cons
Motto is "Do the right thing" rank and file try, management does whatever suits them
ok
Builder Service Representative (Current Employee) –  texasOctober 12, 2015
some departments are really fun with managers that care about you. the salary is low for the work we do. the culture is changing
The best job!
Warranty Coord. & Payables-Receivable (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 8, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company. I learn about every position they had. The training, salary and the excellent treatment to the employees was outstanding.
Pros
Advancement and training
Cons
non
Fun place to work and keeps improving, great trip incentives
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2012
I loved working there and if there is any position that comes up I would love to go back if I am qualified for it.
Pros
training available, friendly atmosphere, feels like a family, benefits were great
Cons
assist after layoff, better opportunities for advancement in company
Integrity and Doing the Right Thing - that is the way we do business at David Weekley Homes.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLJuly 19, 2013
David Weekley Homes strives to bring out the best in their people and provide a challenging work environment. Their Team Members are encouraged to utilize their potential to positively affect other people's lives, increase their own self-fulfillment, and enhance their own lives. More than just building homes, they exist as a company to serve our purpose of Building Dreams, Enhancing Lives: They strive to create a challenging and rewarding work culture, delighting their Customers with an unequaled home owning experience and positively impacting our community by what they do and how they act. It is a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions and shifting priorities each day. The hardest part of the job to me was effectively keeping our team members motivated during the economic downturn in the economy, which is a situation out of my control. The best part of the job is that it was never boring! Actually, the best part is that I felt my opinion mattered. I was included in the executive staff meetings, and I was encouraged to grow and learn by my manager.
Pros
Benefits, Team Members, culture of the company, 401K, profit sharing
Cons
It's a challenging job, but I have been here 8 years and I would not leave this company if I weren"t relocating to Valdosta, GA with my husband.
Overall Great Company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
My time at David Weekley Homes was very positive, not much to complain about. Learned many things and furthered my understanding about new homes and the industry in my short time there. There are many opportunities and training available to succeed.
Pros
Opportunities can be endless
Cons
Can be hard to balance life
Highly unprofessional
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  TampaMarch 3, 2013
Sales consultant-I was naive and regret working at this company. Loved the customers and the actual work, very high achiever in sales/customer satisfaction...not what it is about at D.W. though. If you are seeking to build a sales career through performance and professionalism look elsewhere.

A clique runs the show
Assigned mentor is a competing coworker- they may not teach you important aspects of the position, which might be ok unless you are brand new to the industry.
Team resents when mngmt hires people outside of who they know-most have friends/ past coworkers they are trying to get hired,
Very sad that a company has such excellent written values and they are not practiced
If you're not in the clique you are labeled not a team player
If you are candid about a serious problem you are the problem
if you are the type of person who puts in 150% you will be worked to the point of burn out while others who have been there a long time leave early constantly.
actually got in trouble for not attending a socializing event that I was not even invited to because I was working with a customer on a home sale.
Pros
great owner, great 401k match
Cons
very unprofessional, cussing screaming degrading bullying allowed, if you succeed or rub one of the people in the clique wrong you are targeted, people feel their job is hanging by a thread with intense pressure- creates a cut throat environment, you're either on the team or you're not, translation in clique or not, very high sales turnover
Great environment, good management. The company has an employee based culture and they truly care about the homeowners.
Warranty Service Manager and Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
Great company. Pay is ok for the industry. If it's slow, know you could still loose your job. I learned this the hard way. Some of my managers were spectacular people. Great learning experience.
Productive fun place to work
Division Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2012
Great place to work, Because of the collapse of the housing industry they had to cut back.
Pros
compensation
Cons
housing industry in the toilet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Weekley Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

David Weekley Homes Reviews by Location