David Yurman

David Yurman Employer Reviews

Focused and energetic environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2014
Pros: lucrative budget...they are willing to spend money to make money
Cons: we all would always like more money
I actually really look forward to going to my work place. I have the privilege of a beautiful environment to work in and a 20-55 year old group of very savvy and talented people to work with and motivate each day.
I set the tone for the day with the expected $ necessary to reach daily goals, weekly, monthly, and ultimately the yearly completed budget. – more... I will also daily organize with the operations staff, those duties necessary for receiving and sending packages, daily operations procedures, and routines of running the luxury environment as the brand expects.
Because of our high end jewelry product, we also retain security personnel that I will communicate with as matters arise or necessitate their assistance.
I will also as needed team in with sales professionals to close sales or take over flow customers during extreme busy times...particularly during the holiday season.
I will also communicate with the second shift of sales professionals and managers who are coming on or leaving for the day so that the lines of communication are not lost or missed for the efficiency and completion of daily business.
I am continually answering or communicating across company emails with our corporate offices, sales professionals, and store clients any necessary information that must be sent. I will often communicate with sales professionals personal clients on their behalf when they are out of the store.
My days, for the most part; go very quickly because even without a store full of customers at any minute...there is always a plan in the works for the upcoming days and weeks of business to be adjusting, brainstorming on, or communicating to others about...the plan is ongoing and that is the success of it all. Without the upcoming activities...something has stopped and that is a place no one wants to be. It is a great company to work with. – less
Fun and exciting place to work for in high fashion
Inventory Control Manager/Sales Support (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 22, 2014
David Yurman is a great company to work for. There is alot of expansion going on in the next few years and many opportunities for growth. Working for David Yurman has taught me alot in both my personal and professiona life.
Great compensation, work/life balance unfavorable
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Tough work life balance. Knowledgeable and wonderful people,
Lessons in Business Learned
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free parking, advancement from within, uniform allowance
Cons: tough hr department, some of the management are not easy to handle
Inventory audits and counts daily.
Supporting the sales team in anyway needed.
Transferring of merchandise in and out of the store.
Managed the team with the implementation of a brand new POS System for the company.

I learned not everyone will have your best interest for your career when it comes to upper management. That managing a team of people – more... takes discipline, consistency and understanding.

My co-workers showed me that everyone in the work place is different and needs different types of attention. They all learned at different paces.

My most enjoyable part of my job were my daily tasks. I truly loved what I did in my career as Inventory Control Manager. – less
There a lot of innovation in David Yurman
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Bal Harbour Shops Miami , FloridaNovember 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches
David Yurman Very fun look and chic I would describe all the pieces that they make. It is a family environment work in the store.
Great Company to work for
Sales Professional (Current Employee), Wrentham, MAOctober 28, 2013
Its an amazing company that takes care of there employees. I am very upset that my location is closing.
Awful place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee), NY, NYAugust 21, 2013
It's funny as I recently left DY and I've been meeting with numerous recruiters- all of which begin the conversation asking how I survived there because they've heard such awful things. Truth is, I'm not quite sure. Unless you are an executive, you are treated like a nobody and there's absolutely ZERO room for growth.
bad experience
former sales person (Former Employee), sawgrass, floridaOctober 12, 2012
Worked for Sawgrass store in Florida. Current manager is miserable elderly woman, sees only numbers of sales in you, She is mean to employees, sometimes to customers. I complained to Corporate( everyone was unhappy with her, but did not do anything), I was the only one. Instead of resolving problem, they fired me ( they always find a reason to fire). – more... Corporate was not interested in it. You are also a number for them to make them millions of dollars. Benefits and salary were decent to tell the truth. – less
Productive work environment that could be fun but overwhelming at times.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), houston, txSeptember 7, 2012
A typical day is when I come in I go through my checklist of what I need to order or what items need to cased. I also go through the process of making sure we aren't missing any pieces in our stock. Then I check emails and contact customers who have emailed me or called me.
Productive and good work environment to work in
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2012
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: healthcare benefits
- A typical day at work would consist of me de delegating tasks to my team and what is expected. Work on my primary task/duty as operations manager and do inventory control of outgoing/incoming merchandise.
- I learned how to deal with all sorts of different clients and characteristics.
- Our staff consisted of 9 people. 3 managers (including myself) – more... and 6 sales professional.
- No part of the job was hard yet more challenging. This would have to be the conference call at the end of the month reviewing store goals and progress.
- Most enjoyable part of the job would be the opening of boxes of new shipment. You never know if it's a repetitive piece or a new item – less
DY
Components Department Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2012
Good place to work, great people. Typical day like any other that deals with jewelry making.
US luxury jewelry brand
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), HKFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
• Reporting to Vice President of Manufacturing & Logistics, to improve, review and control the overall operations of in house logistics operations with cost effective solutions as well as in line with the Company’s business strategies and development in order to maximize growth and profit objectives:
o Negotiating with freight forwarders, costing analysis.
o – more... Prepare monthly shipment reports including KPI reports; sales analysis reports.
o Dealing with Head office enquiries and all logistics (import/ export/ local delivery arrangements) and supply chain issues (maintain safety stock level, replenishment, and inventory control).
o Trade compliance (COO/ CITIES/ C-TPAT/ MID coding/ HTS coding/ TTR/ IPR…) Handling full set of I/E shipping documents, L/C handling, provide shipping SOP and coordinate with suppliers.
o Work close with HKAFCD, Chamber of Commerce about the most update international customs policy, consumer product safety standard, e.g. lighters, sunglasses...
o Packaging material planning and replenishment – less

About David Yurman

David Yurman, founder and owner of the namesake company, knows that while diamonds are a girl's best friend, she also can be pretty – Read more