Davidson College Employee Reviews

Aewsome Co-Workers
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCAugust 14, 2017
WORK DAY:Come it set up station make sure all products are stock. Work service line during opening hours. During opening hours check temperature of hot and cold products and document. Restock product after service Clean and mop station after service. Then help sweep mop common area. Take out trash. Restock plates, bowl, silverware. Help dish room put away pots, pans, utensils in proper areas.
LEARNED: About the importance of the care of people with food allergies it can mean life of death. Take the necessary precautions
for people with allergies.
MANAGEMENT:(Supervisors) Some had far better work ethics than others. UPPER MANAGMENT: They did work with me when I was in need.
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB: Standing most of the day however it does come with this type of work, we do get breaks.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB.
(This is the best part)
I had the privilege the work along side some of the most wonderful, awesome group of ladies, funny, witty, helpful, great team players.
It made the job so much easier on those LONG (13) hour days.
I took with me lasting memories working with some great people
Pros
free lunch and dinner, great investment plan, good medical benefits
Cons
Having to use vacation time during summer months
davidson
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
volunteering at Davidson collage was very fun I did a lot of different things like work in the laundry, school store, cafeteria and worked outside all that work made me a better man
Fast pace and engaging
VIDEO STREAMING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCMay 31, 2017
A normal day at work consists of setting up the live stream for sporting events, shooting video highlights, editing and posting to the Davidson athletics website. Fun and great learning environment.
Pros
free food
Easy Job
Cafe (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCMay 22, 2017
Its fairly easy if you can over look 'management'. Management never says things to you directly, they will send the supervisor. The students are great and very friendly. The pay is great!!! If you are looking to advance Davidson is not the place for you..
A great place
Black Student Coalition (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCApril 5, 2017
A great place to work where I was able to grow as a student and as a person. I would recommend it for anyone considering college. I enjoyed my time there.
productive
Research Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCFebruary 15, 2017
research was great. did not like when there was supervision considering I felt there was some discrimination exposed. I am a chemist just like my teammates but I always cleaned and file papers.i feel someone less qualified should do that
Great place to work.
Building Services (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCAugust 24, 2016
Davidson is a good place to work and the people are always willing to help out. As the year goes on you get to know some of the students and some of their parents. And wish them along for much success.
Great work place
strength conditioning intern (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCNovember 30, 2015
Worked in the weight room. Staff was very knowledgeable and very easy to get along with. Would definitely recommend someone to work here.
Great
Sports Training Medical Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCJuly 15, 2015
I gained exposure to sports medicine and physical therapy for high-level Division I athletes. I also performed necessary tasks for the upkeep of the PT facility.
Rigorous School
Trip Leader (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCJune 3, 2015
Davidson College is a rigorous, high quality educational institution. Students are afforded amazing opportunities, but definitely have to work hard.
it's alright
Dining Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCAugust 29, 2014
Nothing to write home about. It is a job and not much more. I learned that the higher up you are the more you will throw the hard workers under the bus.
Davidson College
Assistant Director of Marketing and Promotions (Former Employee) –  Davidso, NCApril 24, 2014
Davidson College will work you to death and pay you peanuts.
Great place to teach!
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCApril 16, 2014
Davidson is a small liberal arts school about 20 miles north of Charlotte, NC. The students are quite bright, and very engaged. I enjoyed my time teaching here.
Pros
bright students
Cons
Not very diverse faculty or student body
The Davidson Trust
Human Resources Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCAugust 24, 2013
As a student covered by financial aid, having a work study job was 100% secured.
Great Non-profit, philanthropy, and athletic leadership experiences
Service Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCJuly 7, 2013
At Davidson College, I was able to involve myself in my social organizations' philanthropic and service work. This past year, I designed, organized, and ran service events on our college campus to raise funds and awareness for HIV and AIDS. Together with a group of ten classmates, I coordinated funding and campus participation.
Great place to work.
Counselor/Campus Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCJune 24, 2013
One of the best family environments. Nothing goes unnoticed. Very workable scheduling.
It was fun
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCMay 14, 2013
It was fun and some of the working was just like family and everyone worked as a team.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Superintendent of Building Services (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCApril 21, 2013
It was a place I enjoyed very much. Great people! I had a chance to use my industry knowledge to help make some changes.
Cons
politics
Excellent job with little opportunity for advancement
Web Accreditation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCOctober 12, 2012
The work was excellent, with varied activities each day, but little job security and very little chance for advancement.
Davidson College
NA (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCJuly 19, 2012
We usually work a 12 to 14 hour day. Thje management is empathic to individual needs.
Pros
job security
Cons
work life balance