Davidson Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Double Tree by Hotel Washington, DC is a produtive and fun working place.I am enjoying each working day with my customers and co-workers.
Bus Boy/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2015
-A typical day at work for me was the day i won employee of the month, because of i want my effort to be recognized by some of the managers.
-i learned a lot of things from these place, there are a lot of people from different country come to USA for a better living and working opportunity, so i faced different behaviors with different working cultures. And also how to taking care of costumers with satisfaction.
-Managers and co-workers at Double Tree by Helton are so helpful and friendly.
- when utensils are short at busy time that is the hardest part of the
job.
-When the customers are telling you they are very satisfied with your service, that is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
at double tree by helton there is free lunch and dinner always when you are working
Cons
there is no parking for the employee
good people, great locations
food and beverage (Former Employee) –  usJuly 8, 2014
one of the best directions for my professional goals. great opportunities within the company for advancement.
Pros
good benefits, good people
Cons
work life balance for salaried individuals
its a cool place to work..but I HIGHLY DONT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AT ALL!!
room attendant (Former Employee) –  chicagoJanuary 5, 2015
It's a cool place to work

..but The Management (teams) really needs to get it together...too much Favoritism, & unfairness.
Pros
free lunches, great co workers, great overtime.
Cons
too much favoritism, they write you up for everything, basically they make up new rules as they go.
worst company ever
supervisor (Former Employee) –  memphisAugust 28, 2014
Do not choose especially f&b . Because their manager does not know anything about management..He is selfish, not enough capacity to be a manager and he will manage you. Be careful
Pros
you pay for parking, for lunch dinner or breakfast
Cons
unclever management team
Matter of personal opinion
Professional (Former Employee) –  MemphisJanuary 21, 2015
I worked for this company for roughly 1 1/2 years after they bought the previous hotel I worked for, a Marriott. Unfortunately there are too many gray areas as it relates to the policies and procedures. I'm a rather structured person and I believe that ones success can be determined by the training they receive. Well how successful can one be with little or no training? Instead of having mandatory meetings about PTO or Team Member Opinion Surveys, how about a class telling team members about something that is going to assist with their longevity with the company.

Within the department I worked in, there was a lot of pettiness with management. One manager would always attempt to throw someone under the bus to cover themselves which created a rather complex work environment. One of the other managers had "trust issues" and was quick to say they didn't trust people. How can you work in hospitality and have such a difficult time trusting people? There's something seriously wrong with that picture which caused many people in the hotel to be guarded. Never knew what you were going to endure on a daily basis.

Managers received free parking while hourly team members had to pay anywhere between $2.50 to $5.00 a day. Considering the minimal pay they offer "non-management team members, it should've been the other way around. The GM was ok, but I do question how strong his leadership is as it relates to the dynamic of the hotel.

There are many areas of improvement for the company, but I wish anyone who desires to work for Davidson misch success. Just be prepared to rely hand and foot
  more... on your manager to help you achieve success...no room for thinking or being proactive.  less
Pros
convention center hotel
Cons
no free lunch, paying for parking, lack of structure; obvious division between management and hourly team members
Davidson
Corporate Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2014
Very small company. Not very personable. Made up their own rules. Not understanding.

2.1