Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Employer Reviews

Matter of personal opinion
Professional (Former Employee), MemphisJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: convention center hotel
Cons: no free lunch, paying for parking, lack of structure; obvious division between management and hourly team members
I worked for this company for roughly 1 1/2 years after they bought the previous hotel I worked for, a Marriott. Unfortunately there are too many gray areas as it relates to the policies and procedures. I'm a rather structured person and I believe that ones success can be determined by the training they receive. Well how successful can one be with little or no training? Instead of having mandatory meetings about PTO or Team Member Opinion Surveys, how about a class telling team members about something that is going to assist with their longevity with the company.

Within the department I worked in, there was a lot of pettiness with management. One manager would always attempt to throw someone under the bus to cover themselves which created a rather complex work environment. One of the other managers had "trust issues" and was quick to say they didn't trust people. How can you work in hospitality and have such a difficult time trusting people? There's something seriously wrong with that picture which caused many people in the hotel to be guarded. Never knew what you were going to endure on a daily basis.

Managers received free parking while hourly team members had to pay anywhere between $2.50 to $5.00 a day. Considering the minimal pay they offer "non-management team members, it should've been the other way around. The GM was ok, but I do question how strong his leadership is as it relates to the dynamic of the hotel.

There are many areas of improvement for the company, but I wish anyone who desires to work for Davidson misch success. Just be prepared to rely hand and foot on your manager to help you achieve success...no room for thinking or being proactive.
its a cool place to work..but I HIGHLY DONT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AT ALL!!
room attendant (Former Employee), chicagoJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great co workers, great overtime.
Cons: too much favoritism, they write you up for everything, basically they make up new rules as they go.
It's a cool place to work

..but The Management (teams) really needs to get it together...too much Favoritism, & unfairness.
worst company ever
supervisor (Former Employee), memphisAugust 28, 2014
Pros: you pay for parking, for lunch dinner or breakfast
Cons: unclever management team
Do not choose especially f&b . Because their manager does not know anything about management..He is selfish, not enough capacity to be a manager and he will manage you. Be careful
good people, great locations
food and beverage (Former Employee), usJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good people
Cons: work life balance for salaried individuals
one of the best directions for my professional goals. great opportunities within the company for advancement.
Davidson
Corporate Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 15, 2014
Very small company. Not very personable. Made up their own rules. Not understanding.