Davidson Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Feels like family
Regional Director of Revenue Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
Davidson is a great company to work for. While the company is going through some changes, it is a company that I have enjoyed working for.

Everyone is treated with respect and generally, everyone gets along well. Benefits are good, although recent medical insurance changes seem to be a downgrade, and the 401-k match is below industry average, in my opinion.

Overall though, it is an excellent choice of employment.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
401-k matching is low
fast paced
Front Desk Agent Hyatt (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2017
Previously I worked in two high volume hotels to which include the Hyatt regency Denver tech center and Westin Denver International airport. In these front desk positions, I demonstrated the ability to resolve a variety of issues such as billing dispute. I also bring to the table strong computer proficiencies in MS word/MS excel Lightspeed and Opera. Please see accompanying resume for details of my experience and education
Good people at corporate, but lots of nepotism
INTERNAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Good place to work, but hotel shared services accounting group had a tyrant running it. This changed once they moved to Atlanta.
Same as prior review
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2017
same as prior review. It is the same company as previous review. They are okay, but being a franchise, they are more concerned about numbers and not the staff and team.
Double Tree by Hotel Washington, DC is a produtive and fun working place.I am enjoying each working day with my customers and co-workers.
Bus Boy/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2015
-A typical day at work for me was the day i won employee of the month, because of i want my effort to be recognized by some of the managers.
-i learned a lot of things from these place, there are a lot of people from different country come to USA for a better living and working opportunity, so i faced different behaviors with different working cultures. And also how to taking care of costumers with satisfaction.
-Managers and co-workers at Double Tree by Helton are so helpful and friendly.
- when utensils are short at busy time that is the hardest part of the
job.
-When the customers are telling you they are very satisfied with your service, that is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
at double tree by helton there is free lunch and dinner always when you are working
Cons
there is no parking for the employee
Princenton nj
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Princenton njJanuary 23, 2015
Be very careful about this place. They have hired 6 bartenders in 4 months and we all quit for different reasons the outlet manager is great and the night supervisor is good however you are there all night cleaning. Many of mangers in different departments try to get in your business. Hr is about worthless. You will make good money but when u add up the hours u put in it's not worth it
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours drama way under staff
Matter of personal opinion
Professional (Former Employee) –  MemphisJanuary 21, 2015
I worked for this company for roughly 1 1/2 years after they bought the previous hotel I worked for, a Marriott. Unfortunately there are too many gray areas as it relates to the policies and procedures. I'm a rather structured person and I believe that ones success can be determined by the training they receive. Well how successful can one be with little or no training? Instead of having mandatory meetings about PTO or Team Member Opinion Surveys, how about a class telling team members about something that is going to assist with their longevity with the company.

Within the department I worked in, there was a lot of pettiness with management. One manager would always attempt to throw someone under the bus to cover themselves which created a rather complex work environment. One of the other managers had "trust issues" and was quick to say they didn't trust people. How can you work in hospitality and have such a difficult time trusting people? There's something seriously wrong with that picture which caused many people in the hotel to be guarded. Never knew what you were going to endure on a daily basis.

Managers received free parking while hourly team members had to pay anywhere between $2.50 to $5.00 a day. Considering the minimal pay they offer "non-management team members, it should've been the other way around. The GM was ok, but I do question how strong his leadership is as it relates to the dynamic of the hotel.

There are many areas of improvement for the company, but I wish anyone who desires to work for Davidson misch success. Just be prepared to rely hand and
  more... foot on your manager to help you achieve success...no room for thinking or being proactive.  less
Pros
Convention Center hotel
Cons
No free lunch, paying for parkIng, lack of structure; obvious division between management and hourly team members
its a cool place to work..but I HIGHLY DONT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AT ALL!!
room attendant (Former Employee) –  chicagoJanuary 5, 2015
It's a cool place to work

..but The Management (teams) really needs to get it together...too much Favoritism, & unfairness.
Pros
free lunches, great co workers, great overtime.
Cons
too much favoritism, they write you up for everything, basically they make up new rules as they go.
worst company ever
supervisor (Former Employee) –  memphisAugust 28, 2014
Do not choose especially f&b . Because their manager does not know anything about management..He is selfish, not enough capacity to be a manager and he will manage you. Be careful
Pros
you pay for parking, for lunch dinner or breakfast
Cons
unclever management team
good people, great locations
food and beverage (Former Employee) –  usJuly 8, 2014
one of the best directions for my professional goals. great opportunities within the company for advancement.
Pros
good benefits, good people
Cons
work life balance for salaried individuals
Davidson
Corporate Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2014
Very small company. Not very personable. Made up their own rules. Not understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Davidson Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8