DAVIDsTEA Employee Reviews

Terrible
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I worked at brickell city as a asm the worst job and store manager stay away from this company and there unrealistic goals how can u meet sales target when u have no business or hardly customers the store manager is terrible and lazy the district is a hot mess they dont train correctly stay away from this job its not worth it your in the store alone for hours before your tea guide sometimes you cant go to lunch this place is a hot mess
Pros
Cons
The job and company it’s self
Experience at DavidsTea
Tea Guide (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Great people, caring team. Everyone was super supportive, positive, and welcoming and made me feel at home. Overall pleasant experience, and a really kind team.
Stressful, Management needs improving.
Tea Guide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2017
A typical day is starting my week working 5 days a week for a part time job. I work almost full time hours, and have been stressed out since we received a new manager. Its competitive, stressful, and completely unfair when it comes to advancing in the work place.
Pros
50% discount, free tea all day long
Cons
short breaks, competitive driven sales, sampling in the freezing cold, too much information give at once.
Predictable retail job, better environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 7, 2017
Shift supervisor - open and closed the store. Often worked alone to open. Oversaw tea guides. Lots of management turn over. Current management is good to work under. Some slow days. Often goals that seem unachievable. Environment is laid back. Not too much room for growth without relocation.
Failing... Just look at the stock.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
I could go pages and pages and pages how this company is but just look at the stock. This tells A LOT! District Managers are uneducated and make foolish mistakes, leadership is always changing, employees leave once they get that vibe that "its you fault we are not making it" and look how many time they post on LinkedIn begging people to work there.... they claim its because of growth well it clearly does not seem like it! Even Apple does not post that much LOL! Its a joke. If you work there then you already know ....
Pros
Free Tea
Cons
Too many to list
Fun and relaxed workplace with good discount; unfair wages
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAAugust 28, 2017
A typical day at work was fun if not a little boring. I learned a lot about tea and how to make it. Management was okay. Management tended to favor some workers over others. Most coworkers were friendly and respectful but when they weren't management shrugged it off. Hardest part of the job is the inconsistencies among the company policies. Most enjoyable part of the job was the 50% discount.
Used to be great but now so numbers based.
Tea Guide (Sales Associate) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2017
This used to be a great, compassionate company before it was bought out by Americans. Now everything is so numbers motivated and they push a lot of unnecessary product that customers do not even like and force us stores to try to get rid of it.
Pros
4 free cups of personalized tea. 50% employee discount
Cons
Higher-ups are horrible, inconsiderate, everyone (store manager and below) are disposable.
I loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 15, 2017
It was a nice environment to work in all employees and managers were very kind i did not have any problems working there the pay and hours we the only thing i did not like
Pros
Free tea
No Soul
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2017
This company used to live up to it's culture and values. Now in the US they have upper management that prefers following the failing retail norm. The company has lost every ounce of culture that made it special and genuine.
Fun workplace but terrible mangement
Sales, Customer (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed the products they sold and the co workers I ad but the management was difficult to work under. The compensation was ok but nothing special. I would probably not work there again.
Fun work place, very relaxed, great management.
Tea guide (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 16, 2017
Very relaxed workplace, great co-workers. Management is very well trained. Helping a customer find what they need also feels very good. Employee discount is amazing, and employees drink tea for free while on the clock.
Pros
Free tea to drink while at work.
Great first job experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2016
Helped me break out of my shyness. Typical day involved lots of customer service. Great management however it changed too frequently.
Pros
Tea, Learning experience, Customer Service improvement
Cons
Couldn't improve
Needs motivation/development and culture connection in US!
STORE MANAGER/ MARKET BRAND MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
Needs support of upper management (regional and district managers) to inspire, develop and train store leaders. US doesn't feel part of DavidsTEA culture that seems to thrive in Canada.
Pros
Amazing tea! Fun!!
Cons
very little benefits
Fun environment
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2013
Great place to work if you are looking for a side job, or if you are looking to start a career in beverage/retail. Young, hip company with great benefits and awesome managers.