DAVIESS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL

DAVIESS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Great place to work with great people
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, INSeptember 27, 2015
I loved working with this company. I felt acceptance, valuable and really apart of a team. They are very family orientated, caring and overall a great place to work. I think pay is lower for the area in medical and benefits are high (personal opinion).
DCH is a great place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Washington, IndianaFebruary 12, 2014
I have worked at DCH for 6 years and have loved it! There are pro's and con's to any job but I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.
We have gone through a lot of management change through the years that i've been here but the management that we have now is Amazing! They are very much patient care focus....how can we make our patients more comfortable, how can we get them more information and follow up with them. But they also keep the employees in mind and try to make this the best place to work. Benefits are good, treat you like family, and room for advancement.
Pros
health insurance, retirement, pto time, short term and long term disability, aflac, tuition reimbursement, discounts at ymca, anytime fitness, at&t, verizon
Low pay, ok benefits, nice people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washinton, INDecember 18, 2012
The low pay and the ok benefits make this place an OK place for employment. They pay a percentage of healthcare insurance but the insurance is not very good. The people are great to work with but not too much advancement is available. Atmsphere is pretty good. There not a lot of incentives to work there, the 20% employee discount on the cafeteria and gift shop, but thats about it. Doesn't seem like they care much about the employees happiness.
Pros
20% discount at cafeteria and gift shop, help pay part of health insurance, nice people
Cons
low pay, not very good benefits overal, not much room for advancement
Internship
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, IndianaMay 22, 2014
Working as an Intern in an HR department was a great experience. I learned some many things such as understanding HR policies and coordination of benefits in a company. Helping with interviews, background checks, calling references, and any other task given to me. My mentors were the HR Clerk, HR Coordinator and HR Director. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time spent interning, knowing that this would be very beneficial for my career.
Staff shortages, lazy CNA's, no real supervision but quick to judge and quick to fire for any reason.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Washington, IN 47501September 30, 2015
Very disappointed. Coworkers very "clicky". Night shift aides like to sleep instead of work. CNA's are lacking in providing good patient care such as showers and dental hygeine.
Pros
12 hour shifts, earned PTO time, work every third weekend.
Cons
Short staff, low pay, high insurance rates, must see doctors within that hospital network.
Don't Do It
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Staff NurseSeptember 8, 2014
Small County Hospitals who have to advertise/recruit for their nursing needs in the Statewide Licensure & Regulation publication should warn you. All of the skilled seasoned nurses who once worked there were run off or terminated New nurses cost less and are no threats to bump anyone from their management positions. Save yourself the trouble. Not enough pay for the problems that continues despite new management.
Pros
biscuits and gravy. the great people who used to work there.
Cons
canceled a lot forcing you to use all your pto, unprofessional nursing behaviors allowed, no advancement except for out the door.
interview process
Multi-skilled Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington, IndianaJanuary 10, 2015
I was going to give up my present job to go back to work there. I was an employee from previous years. When you say things it could come back but I wanted future applicants to be aware of the interview process. If you apply for a management position they involve the administration, doctors and present managers. The doctors weigh more on the decision process. All about doctor customer relations was my barrier of not getting the job. It answer a question in my mind and glad they passed.
Pros
administration
Cons
equipment upgrades
Gave practically my whole nursing career....for nothing!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, INMarch 11, 2012
I started there as a brand new nurse. Worked multiple over time shifts. Was dedicated to the hospital. After I have children wasn't always able to help as much, but went to every weekend to help my boss out. Got a new DON and I had hurt my arm. Went to her because I had a lifting restriction but others on that unit had a sling that she wore on her arm, the whole shift she worked but she was able to work. I went to DON and asked what was going on and in a month I was fired....for something I didn't do. The place is such a disgrace! Karma bit the DON though, because 2 months later she was walked out!
N/a
Administrative/ Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  washington, inAugust 19, 2015
Great people and great work environment. Would recommend Daviess Community Hospital to friends and family as a place of employment.
Horrible Unethical place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Davies Community HospitalAugust 7, 2014
I wouldn't take my dog to this hospital if it were sick. The employee insurance is terrible. Management is awful. They don't care about you. The whole day shift night shift feud is there. A lot of these nurses are inexperienced. Just out of school so they think they know more than anyone else. Lazy nurses get all the kudos as usual here at this hospital. Go work somewhere else if you can.
Cons
horrible management
Great place to work with supportive co-workers and management.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, INMay 27, 2014
Flexible starting time, fast paced, many opportunities to learn and participate in ever changing environment. Great co-workers. Supportive management.
Pros
flexible starting times, self direction, manager support
Cons
constant changes in healthcare regulations and guidelines
summary
factory worker (Former Employee) –  washingotn indianaDecember 26, 2014
Cut up whole turkeys into parts for packaging. Drove a floor jack to move boxes and bins around. Packaged whole turkey's to go to grocery stores. Checked the quality of turkeys for cleanliness and safety. I eventually worked my way up to become a line lead, I filled orders and supervised 100 people in their jobs.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hands hurt
Best CNA job I have had
CNA (Former Employee) –  Washington, INMarch 12, 2013
Everyone was nice and easy to get along with. Every department was friendly to others. The hardest part of the job was floating to other floors but it also gives you a break from doing the same thing over and over. The only reason I left was because I moved and it was too far to drive.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
have to work varied shifts most of the time
Unethical
RN (Former Employee) –  WashingtonApril 2, 2014
Bad, bad, bad....Management and Administration are untrustworthy.
fun easygoing workplace
CNA (Former Employee) –  Washington, INApril 30, 2013
Enjoyed taking care of patients, and helping them to cope with the issues they were having. Loved helping them to not be so scared in their time of sickness. Loved being a positive person in their life in a time of need
Steady work.
Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 8, 2012
Steady Monday through Friday work. Low stress. Interesting, and fun office atmosphere.
Pros
steady work.

2.7