Davis Express Employee Reviews in United States

Look for fangs behind that smile!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLMay 27, 2015
An ok company to work for, if you live by yourself. Home time is short. Your 48 hours off start as soon as you log off your Qualcomm. Seven days on and two off is just a slogan. You get to go home when your driver manager allows you to. That's if they are not being vindictive. If you get on their bad side, its low miles for you!
The recruiter will tell you that you could average 2200 miles a week. It's more like 1600. They pay layover only after 22 hours. So expect to sit at least 18 to 20 hours behind a publix store or at any of the Tyson slauter houses waiting for a load or a dispatch.
Everything you're promised as far as layover pay , detention pay or any of the benefits that they wave in front of you at recruitment time is hard to come by. If they do pay then it's retaliation time.
Lots of sitting and low miles store runs with two or three stores that only pay $15 a stop. About seven hours worth of work. Then back on break. At a store of course. God forbid if you drive to a truck stop for a decent meal or a shower. Don't you dare break up your off duty break to benefit you the driver. Driver manager needs that time so you could get it back after your 7th day on duty.
Personal time is given at the will of your driver manager. They don't care if it's your little girls birthday or your love ones. Regardless hard to come by. I wasn't there long enought to even get vacation time. What's that !
Health benefit are ok. Only you the employee gets them no family members. Family members get paid if you elect to purchase life insurance and you asign them as beneficiary and
  more... you die do to stress and lack of proper sleep driving at night.
I met a lot of good people at Davis. They will all sing you the same song. Low pay, low miles, lack of respect, no driver input and no advancement. Need to watch those that kiss the hand. You know the inner circle, the only ones going anywhere and making some decent revenue.
They will rob you of your life and steal your soul and at the end you're left with nothing.
Pros
Good equipment with low miles.
Cons
Pay, health benefits, personal time, off time, no idea when your off to plan anything during your 48 hours off. No life.
If you don't run your e log like
Driver (Former Employee) –  Starke flOctober 27, 2014
Like a paper log or run Illegal you don't get your safety Bonus and will be wrote up they will try and leave a black mark on your dac report so be careful and you don't get a full 48 hours off only like 24 you have to call in and check in on your vacation time and home time
Pros
run just the south east
Cons
no home time low pay no benefits
I hope their future is safe
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLSeptember 25, 2014
I have nothing personal against anyone at davis. I as commercial driver have a duty to be safe as well as protect others with safety. While I was there some dispatchers tried to coherse me to drive illegal on many occasions but I refused. They didnt care for my safe drive practices so we parted ways.
Pros
south east regional
Cons
possible retailiation if you dont drive illegal on occasion
family oriented
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Dobson, NCJuly 22, 2014
This is a family owned company and family oriented. They are honest people and work with you during difficult situations.
Friendly management and co-workers
Driver Dispatcher/Manager (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLJuly 1, 2014
Start the day off pretty much full speed answering phones, confirming loads, and monitoring drivers' status. I've learned how to multitask and to think on the fly sometimes. The management and co-workers are great people to work with. The most difficult part of the job is doing several things at once and trying not to forget some things. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling like you've accomplished something during the day without it falling all apart.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
***
Nice equipment
driver (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLAugust 7, 2013
Nice equipment but customer service was lacking and the benefits were low
Pros
bonus
Cons
hard to get bonus
Contact potential drivers to qualify to become part of our driving team
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLDecember 13, 2012
Answer incoming recruit/safety calls, process applications including detailed confidential background checks.
Pros
great working environment, good mgt
Cons
travel distance

Want to know more about Davis Express?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Davis Express. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9