Davis Vision

Davis Vision Employer Reviews

Davis vision
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 25, 2014
Davis Vision is a great company.You learn something different everyday at work at the there's a lot of opportunity to move up in the company.
Davis vision
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 25, 2014
Eh
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Latham, NYDecember 9, 2014
Not a good job to have. They do not give you your time off, and they have no sympathy for personal problems.
Customer Service Oriented place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Newtown, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: management to coworker interaction
Cons: high pressure
Davis Vision is a large laboratory housed in Pennsylvania serving physicians throughout the region. The lab is in high demand due to the nature of the business. At Davis Vision eyeglasses are taken very seriously and the patient is considered high priority. Customer service standards are high and the overall effort is to satisfy the patient with the highest quality of vision available.
steady work enviroment
Finishing Technician (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PASeptember 13, 2014
busy days and deadlines but overall a great environment to meet new people and have a little fun
Traveling was Fun
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Plainview, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: traveling, free glasses
Cons: management
Great Company, Sadly it was merged with another company and everything changed. It wasn't FUN anymore
My daily responsibilties at Visonworks
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Massapequa Park, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, commission, health benefits
Cons: more retirement opportunities like pension plan
A typical day the office consist of checking emails from Regional management; receive Sales Results from Daily & YTD and forecast those results with entire staff. With that information I inform my staff what the daily expectations are, as well as coaching them to achieve expected goals so that the results are implemented and achieved. furthermore, I address and questions or concerns that may arise as well as addressing any opportunities with subordinates or customers.

I also fit and adjust eyeglasses for customers, process eyeglasses & contact lens orders.address and questions regarding all eye health and explain the turn around time when eye wear will be available.
Review for DV
CSR at a Call Center (Current Employee), Latham, NYMay 28, 2014
Pros: incentive
Cons: only get 2 breaks
Its hard to advance, change positions or hours. I am seeking something a little bit more versatile.
great
Lab Technician - Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAMarch 20, 2014
Responsibilities include; setting up machines every morning, personally repairing machines that were not functioning in order to prevent a slow down in production. Personally responsible for approximately 700 to 1000 jobs daily.
Competitive and challenging work
Director, Administration (Former Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 17, 2014
Changing times for many insurance carriers as we work through the Affordable Care Act
Production and Quality
Technica Laboratory III (Former Employee), Plainview, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Organize work daily to provide the priority work "rush", inspecting the quality of the products that are in good condition for the patient taking the prescription medication indicated. Continuous communication with coworkers better time coordinating the work is to fairly and efficiently, as well as fluid communication with supervisors adjusting to the requirements of ISO.
customer service rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Latham, NYOctober 14, 2013
It was a very busy call center.I was there four years and I learned alot of things. Management was very good.Co-workers were great people to work with I enjoyed going to work.I relly loved it when I made people happy when I went above and beyond to help them with there problems.
Davis Vision was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Latham, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: bonus at the end of each month, based soley on my job performance.
Cons: every three months there were shift changes based on senority
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients. Many of them were elderly, I very much enjoyed taking time to explain their benefits to them. I learned many things about the insurance industry, I wish to continue in this industry. I also learned things about myself. I learned that I have a great deal of patience and truly enjoy the indusrty
Horrible all around
Surfacing Level 2 (Former Employee), Plainview, NYJune 3, 2013
10 hour days are ok but do not force me to work overtime when im already putting over 40 hours a week. Employers suck and everyone there has a negative attitude. Racists people if you ask me.
Nice team to work with, we were great..
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee), Plainview, NYApril 10, 2013
Pros: great lunch time, and lots of wonderful memories. the experience i recieved here was better then any college course.
Cons: i had to leave to do my intership for my early childhood education course.
We had a very fast paced environment. There was always so much to learn in eye care, and all types of insurances. Training was constant. When i first started I was in the call center taking orders from doctors. We had very high volume of calls and had to tracking orders in the labs as well. Soon I was promoted to provider relations, this postion was working more with the providers regarding insuraces and with patients to explain benifits. It required constant training and patients. But the best part of this job was making great connections with the providers and the wonderful team we had.
Profesonal enviroment, Very productive
Laboratory Information Technology Director (Current Employee), Plainview, NYApril 7, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: n/a
DV is a great place to work, I have been working here for 19 years, and I get along well with all my coworkers.
the co-workers at Davis Vision were fun to work with
Call Center Support (Former Employee), Latham, NYMarch 7, 2013
Pros: the chance to communicate with different people
Cons: sometimes customers can get some-what out of hand... ( it was my pleasure) ha ha to those that know
It's a fast paced type of environment phone's are constantly ringing, although my stay was short, however: overall I take great pride in the fact that I had an great opportunity, to to show case my talent at Davis Vision.
Good survival job.
Finishing Tech I (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very far away from home
This is a good Company to work for, but it is very far away from my home.
Non productive with no advancement
Service Representative (Current Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Cons: all listed above
Too many problems occur without resolutions.

More and more is expected of the individual instead of management listening to the workers to try and make it a better workplace and more enjoyable to communicate with customers.
Poor insurance coverage and benefits.
No career advancement or encouragement to advance.
It use to be a great place to work when I first started cause I was unemployed and needed work but the company has changed so much so quickly for all the wrong reasons.
Non productive with no advancement
Service Representative (Current Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Cons: all listed above
Too many problems occur without resolutions.

Poor insurance coverage and benefits.
No career advancement or encouragement to advance.

About Davis Vision

Davis Vision makes vision care coverage its daily chore. The firm is a vision insurance provider that serves about 16 million – Read more