Davis Vision Employee Reviews

overall good company to work for
Optical Lab Technician/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYAugust 16, 2017
Even though the days where long I enjoyed my time there. The people were friendly and hardworking. The company offered many great benefits and lots of overtime.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
not family concious
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 15, 2017
overall a good environment, Management is good but the hours are not good for someone with children. You are given plenty of independence to work and resolve issues on yor owna nd the training is solid.
busy enviornment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  LAtham nyAugust 13, 2017
good place to work. friendly environment. room to grow. Very nice people. good management. very busy.i don't know what else to say..........................
Stress without end
Sr Reporting Analyst / Government Programs (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 11, 2017
Reporting division is plagued with long-term data issues that will not be addressed anytime soon. Recent sale of company is good, but no reality is attached to data consolidation which is sorely lacking. Extremely unqualified managers throughout company create atmosphere of constant confusion and stress. No supportive leadership or clear direction.
Pros
eye glass benefits
Cons
healthcare insurance poor for insurance company
Customer Service
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY 12110July 24, 2017
It was good to work for Davis Vision. They really took care of their employees. I wish I had never left this job and that I could get back in with them somewhere.
fun working place
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAJuly 18, 2017
Its a fun working place but the management sometimes not good at all. lot of things are not organize, never focus on the main problems for the job, poor management skills
Pros
three breaks good bebefits
Cons
but breaks are very stort
work place culture is good, always there is a growth to learn
Credential Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJuly 7, 2017
Work place culture was good, always there is always growth to learn.
The head office moved to San Antonio, TX . They gave us opportunity to move there from NY..
busy
Arc Lab Technician, II (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJuly 1, 2017
when our shift started there was no stopping till we had break, work consisted of producing finish eye wear products, making sure they had no flaw, inspecting that what we were sending out was exactly what the patient wanted.
Pros
great pay
Good pay and Plenty of Opportunity for Advancement
Guideline Representative III (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 27, 2017
Just like most Call Centers. Be expected to adhere your breaks and schedule since this is their main focus. Multitudes of opportunities for advancement is a given and will often time come with a raise in wage rates.
Pros
Lots of hours, good pay, lots of opportunities to adavance in the company
Cons
Strict work environment, Point system, strict controlled breaks, no control on calls coming in which cuts down on notation of complaints and education.
Production
OPTICAL LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJune 20, 2017
Each day I learned something new. Production needed to be met. Friendly work environment. Well compensated for my teams production.

Started my day by making sure all the machines were properly working. Assigned my team the numbers that needed to be reached. Finished my day by packing the glasses for shipping.
Pros
Good benefits
Stock Room Associate Level Two (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJune 7, 2017
At work we were always busy. We had many eye glasses that need to be made. So there was very little time to sit around. The Management in the building was good. If you had a problem they always tried to help you. There was many different cultures in the company. You always learned something new about one person culture every day. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with all the other departments. They always needed work. The best part of the job was seeing what all my co-workers.
Good working environment but made about-face by moving HQ away
Proposal/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJune 6, 2017
Years of working in fast-paced production-sensitive but friendly environment felt productive/appreciated, but then the company changed management, picked up and moved HQ from Long Island to Texas. However, good middle management was pleasant to work with, and camaraderie grew well in any late hours that were sometimes necessary. Gained a lot of good experience there.
Productive Relaxed Environment
FILE CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78205May 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Corporate office for VisionWorks/ Davisvision. I enjoyed the relax atmosphere behind the scenes. I also enjoyed learning from multiple departments, I really enjoyed the fact that they would provide ice, coffee & tea for all their associates.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough group meetings
difficult environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 18, 2017
The job responsibilities are typical of that of a supervisor. However supervisors are no more then glorified customer service representatives. Not given the opportunity to actually coach and develop associates. Managers are project managers not people managers.
benefits
Cons
paid time off
Davis Vision
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 2, 2017
A typical day of work at Davis Vision was providing great customer service to our clients over the phone. Mainly the clients were insurance holders trying to get a under standing of how to use their eye insurance policy, and get a complete understanding on how it works. I learned a lot about the anatomy of the eye, eye conditions and disease. I also learned how to explain the insurance policies to our clients so they can understand how to get the best usage out of the insurance. The hardest part of the job was explaining to a client that they are not eligible to receive any more services when they need it the most, because their insurance policy doesn't allow it or they exhausted their benefits for the year. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was able to help a client get the best usage of their benefits, and help them come to a complete understanding on how to use their insurance.
Pros
Union job
Cons
Short breaks and lunch; mandatory over time
Very exciting work
Customer Service Represtentive II (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 12, 2017
I love working here I just need more money then what I make. It is a great place to work. The people are great and so is the people. I wouldn't leave if I didn't need more money
Benefits
Cons
Doesn't pay enough for the work done
Amazing
Data entry in compuvision, cvx, and csp systems (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I absolutely loved working here; however it isn't for everyone. I would absolutely recommend this job to a friend! The management is wonderful and there are is a decent amount of growth to be had.
great place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 31, 2017
extremely loving people,
helpful to a pregnant woman,
clean dry place for pumping milk
hardest thing was not losing you mind
having fun with fellow employees
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not being to use you own personal time
love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 18, 2016
love it there its a great progressive work environment the people are great and healthy environment you can go up fast with hard work and dsfdjbjsdbfj
overall a good place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 11, 2016
I learned a lot working at Davis Vision. The work culture had change in the past three years to more of a corporate environment from a family.
I found that my co workers were less friendly, or help full, and more of tattletale because of the new policies and procedure.
The hardest part of the job was having management not be understanding that when you had to search for missing people that you could not reach the goals set forth in the policies and procedures. Also having management making fun of the associates that they did not like.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the different charities that Davis Vision sponsored.
Pros
Good pay, insurance.
Cons
favoritism from management with different associates.