Davis Vision Employee Reviews

Good Employer
Surfacing Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2016
Only con was the low pay-grade & no room for advancement nor availability to grow. There was a lot of training for ISO, but job training was done by peers.
Pros
nice environment, good management
Cons
pay
Profitable Company, Free Food, Terrible Benefits
Production Control (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 17, 2016
Job Security should get zero stars as our teams were laid off and lied to repeatedly during the process. They violated terms with the Union in reality, but their wording made them able to avoid the consequences they deserved.

Our healthcare benefits are absolutely terrible, meanwhile we are told about how much soaring profit the company has each year.

Advancement was good, they did promote quickly when qualified.

My manager was great, but he will also be getting laid off.
Pros
Free food often, family like group
Cons
Convoluted, spread across states, poorly organized, constantly turned over, abismal planning before execution, DISHONESTY
didn't like it
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 10, 2016
a typical day at work was overly stressful i learned a lot the management has bad work ethics the coworkers are very childish there wasn't any hard part about the job
Quality Control Technician/Packager (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 3, 2016
would not recommend working in the stockroom. long hours and also mandatory hours. great benefits.would not recommend working in stockroom
Pros
bonuses
Cons
hours
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 23, 2016
Working for Davis Vision I learned how to be professional and enjoy a job that isn't exactly for everyone. My bosses were great teachers and helped a lot whenever needed. The company treated their employees well and always made sure that everything they did was in the best interest of their employees.
Great company to work for; management provides employees the empowerment to make decisions and take risks.
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2016
Fast growing company with a comprehensive integrated approach to provide the best in class vision benefit plans to clients. Flexible and friendly.
Pros
Employee empowerment
Cons
Lack of resources/support layer
Great Place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at Davis' Vision. It was a lot of room for growth, many incentives to earn, and they put a lot of trust into their employees. I loved working there.
Team work is key to a successful work place
Sr Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 27, 2016
A typical day is not very common in my position. The priorities are constantly changing. I have learned how to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously. I have earned the respect of my co-workers and have developed virtuous relationships. The hardest part of my job is ensuring the team is engage and acquiescent of positive changes. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the sense of accomplishment upon successfully completing a project.
Management Roles at Davis Vision
Manger of Enrollment and Billing Operations (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 13, 2016
Many projects and lots of process improvements. There can be a number of crisis situations, however there are many people to support the demands that require attention. Supportive execute management team and good compensation.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lots of remote work that is non-compensated
Great Place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAApril 2, 2016
Davis Vision is a great organization and I highly recommend considering the organization. This was definitely a great experience.
Pros
Great work environement
Cons
Unstable
Company with great qualities & good people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 12, 2016
I work in a busy call center. Everyday is challenging when you're dealing with different people & different personalities. I've learned to be more patient with others. Also, learned to listen more than to talk. The hardest part of the job is to please each customer. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing that I am protected by Union.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short breaks, request time off could be difficult
good company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 8, 2015
good company. poor benefits and management

Working with this company they will take blood from a stone always have overtime and people call in because they overwork there employees.
what i learned
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  latham nyOctober 20, 2015
fun place to work with supportive management not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics but huis is expected of a big company
great place to work with room for advancement and growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham NYOctober 16, 2015
This was a great job. Enjoyed talking to the customers and helping them to solve problems. Staff are very helpful. The pay was great. fun activities to particpate in such as dressing up for Holloween, decorating for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Opportunity to advance in company. Great benefits.
Pros
Free lunches, great health benefits, good pay, great hours
Good Company
Recruiter/Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 16, 2015
Put together documents to send to various customers, some data entry and answering phones. Davis Vision specialized in eyewear and eye insurance.
Pros
Co Workers and schedue
Cons
Pay
A professional and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 30, 2015
An enjoyable workplace though it was a little chatty, but I tend to avoid the gossiping crowd and stick to my work.
I found that what was asked of me did not match up with the compensation that was given. After excelling in the work that was taught to me and proving that a merit raise had been earned I was denied it as they do not offer their employees merit raises.
Pros
Fun activities amongst employees, good training programs, breaks when needed
Cons
policies and procedures among the employees was often voiced differently
poor management long hours
AR Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 12, 2015
at one time it was a great place to work, but they cut pay by one third increased work by half worked ten hour days and almost every weekend.
Excellent Company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 30, 2015
They treat all employees well and fairly decent. Nice company. The company has free coffee available and clean environment.
Pros
Hours are long
Cons
Free glasses and eye insurance.
credentialing
Credential Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2015
A typical busy day would be lots of emails and phone calls trying to expedite a provider before the end of the day. We had a lot of those. But my team would depend on me to verify all documents and get them ready for committee meeting the next day. I had to verify all licenses and hospital the doctor would be privilege to use.
Optical Lab Tech
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas ,April 9, 2015
Back in my field of expertise. I loved everything about this job because overtime was abundant! Same as my other optic job from ECCA.
Unfortunately in 2012 it was Shut Down.
Pros
Overtime with time and a half pay
Cons
The lab shut down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Davis Vision. Our community is ready to answer.