Davis Wright Tremaine LLP Employee Reviews

Overwork you for what they pay
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff. Attorney's are excellent, secretaries are a bit much. Never seem to appreciate the effort put into their work.
Pros
Free drinks in the cafe
Cons
poorly managed
Not a bad workplace to be
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 28, 2018
By and large you can do your work with minimal hassle, but some attorneys are not aware of how difficult the responsibilities are for other staff members and lash out without much of an edit button. Very little hiring going on outside of positions with very specialized skills and experience.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time
Cons
stress from irascible attorneys
Great, hard-working, smart crew; top notch work product
Attorney at Law, Of Counsel (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Study hard, work hard, apply yourself, work well and get along with colleagues, and you will succeed. Well rounded practice, family atmosphere, intellectually invigorating and stimulating environment. Firm is extremely well managed; Main office is in Seattle.
The position was challenging; the attorneys were so good to work for. The environment was stressful but in general very enjoyable
Legal Secretary - Patent and Trademark Prosecution (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2017
I helped process patent applications and trademark applications and filed many prosecution and patent litigation documents with the USPTO. There was a great deal of emphasis on accuracy. The standards were very high. The hardest part of the job was timeliness and making sure there were no errors made in the filing of the documents.
Pros
Working in Intellectual Property provided a wonderful career for me
Cons
There were few problems but sometimes there were stressful situations and time crunches.
SF office - very high turnover and a terrible OA
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2017
Terrible OA very high turnover
I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy
Don't leave a job for this place, very cut throat. No bonuses or raises
Professional, respectful culture
Trusts and Estates Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
I worked with the sole trusts and estates partner in the New York office. He is an excellent attorney, a very helpful and appreciative manage, and was great to work for. He has a robust client roster and a very active estate planning practice. We routinely juggled competing demands of client requests and government defined deadlines. It was a challenge, and gave interest to the position.
Pros
The firm provided great benefits and beverages in the lunchroom
Cons
The midtown location was often quite hectic, especially during the holiday season.
Competitive atmosphere in which to work
Floating secretary (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2017
Fast paced atmosphere. Very competitive. There was a sense of fear of upcoming of downsizing within the staff. This made it a less than comfortable workplace. I wasn't there long enough to know if the rumored downsizing was true or not--but there was a potent fear of it.
Pros
Well known and respected firm
Cons
Fear of downsizing was in the air
Really care about their employees-
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 23, 2017
I was amazed how many current DWT employees have been here 5, 10, 15 years. It's very refreshing since I have been at companies with revolving doors. DWT generally cares about their staff and values their opinions. I feel appreciated and that what I do matters which is really important to me.
Cons
awesome cafe in the office!
good gig
Freelance Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2016
I loved the chance that I had to work on a project on my own schedule. I love the perks that was offered but the office was always understaffed and no consistencies with any documentation whether it was current or not.
Pros
good pay; perks
Cons
office administration
Poor Company/No loyalty
Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2015
Arrive early, don't clock in because they won't allow overtime. Work through breaks and lunch. No appreciation for all your hard work.
Pros
Compensation ok
Regret leaving
Patent Prosecution Secretary to one partner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2013
I had a very good work experience at Davis Wright. Management ensures that you are able to do your job efficiently as firm infrastructure is state-of-the-art and they only hired the best IT professionals. In the SF office there were two separately operating Intellectual Property groups (Electrical and Life Sciences), the electrical group has worked together for many years and despite that they are a bit analog, they really worked like a well-oiled machine. The life sciences group had a very rapid attrition rate, a bit of a revolving door. Overall, the firm was a great working experience. Great office manager and partner in charge.
Very productive, nice and friendly atmosphere
Executive Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2012
Typical day consisted of keeping track of calendar and scheduling for meetings and filings, court file deadlines to meet, preparing large quantities of documents to be served (hardest part), closing documents and files to be archived. Overall nice firm.
Pros
staff meetings, teamwork