DAVIS

DAVIS Employer Reviews

Great mid-sized law firm with super colleagues
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: warm, friendly people
Cons: cost of family health insurance
Wonderful place to work. Interesting, multifaceted practices.
work as landscaper
Helper (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 20, 2014
learned how to use weed eaters leaf blowers trimmers and etc.
steady job keeps u busy and provide great customer service
Staffing Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), lansing ILJuly 11, 2014
typical day was to work hard stock product, pick and pack. I learned how to use a scanner for the product in the warehouse and how to read the different bar codes.The management was kind of strict as far as work but well organized, my co workers helped me maintain good work ethics and really pushed me to work hard. The hardest part was waking up early – more... for the shift.I enjoyed making new friends and having a great job. – less
n/a
Customer Account Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2013
Good company, but for other reason it shutdown. Loved the good & pay was great.
Small engine mechanic
Small Engine Mechanic (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: non-pressured invironment most of the time.
Cons: no benefits, job security
Repaired and maintained lawn/outdoor power equipment. Learned how to test generators.
Professional
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 28, 2013
The Davis Law Firm provided me with an opportunity to grow and develop as a corporate paralegal in transaction law. I enjoyed working with The Davis Law Firm.
Apartment Maintenance
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXApril 25, 2013
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: relocations
Great work experience, learned many maintenance skills, and met great people.
Vibrant work environment where many different clients are met each day
File Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, FLFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: steady workflow
Cons: tech equipment creates a very heated workspace
Typical day at work includes organizing and scanning files while attending to certain needs of supervisors (include running errands, fetching files, shredding files, etc.).
Challenging and exciting place to work
Instrument Man (Former Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: benifits, vaction and sick time. good pay.
Cons: work in all sorts of weather and conditions.
During my time at Davis ,Martin ,and Powell I learned a whole new trade. Land surveying, It was hard work that required precise measurements with in all sorts of adverse environments. The management and co workers always took time to train and explain what was required of any particular job. I enjoyed all aspects of this job. But was laid off during – more... the housing crisis of 2009. – less
Diverse and cultural atmosphere
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2012
Pros: interacting with many people
Cons: being alone at the reception area for the most part of the day.
I worked as the receptionist at this architecture firm, and enjoyed it very much. I would welcome all visitors, arranged lunch meetings and scheduled travel arrangements for partners.
Good Working Envornment
Financial Controller & Administrator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
Excellent Staff, and policies. Enjoy working with Sr Management. No red tape able to make decision and act on it rigth away.
Productive, interesting environment.
Services Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: exceptional environment, diverse staff, pleasant people.
I actually enjoyed going to work while employed at Davis, Graham and Stubbs. Everything I learned about daily business I learned through them.
Work was challenging, rewards were great.
YMCA was all about the kids at camp.
Receptionist (Former Employee), La Mesa, CASeptember 16, 2012
I was very young then. Learned how to use a computer to sign people up for memberships. Swimming classes and excercise classes.
Good place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Nogales, AZAugust 15, 2012
Pros: if there was nothing to do, we can leave an hour early and they still pay ua that hour
Cons: short breaks
It is a warehouse, its kind of dirty but there is a lot of friendly people. Some days you get tired because of many work and other days you get bored because there is nothing to do. I learned to get a serious job, be responsible and to drive a forklift. The hardest part of the job was when my co-worker went to lunch, because i had to take his responsibilities – more... and mines too, that's double work. The most enjoyable part of the work was that nobody actually gets mad, there are all friends and no body is an angry person. – less
Great place to work overall
Litigation Document Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2012
Worked hard, but had a great time doing my work and a great supervisor. Encouraged team work.
Fun workplace with a caring owner
Architectural designer & project manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 2, 2012
Pros: great compensation & benefits, valued, empowered, culture
Cons: loss of projects, so no work
Beautiful office. Even when the firm was about 158 people at it's maximum, the firm will make every effort to make you feel like it's a small family & make you feel at home. The owner has a great heart and shows he cares about his employees.
Co-workers were very friendly and happy people until the economy started a mass of weekly layoffs until the firm – more... down sized to less than 10 people now.

The best part of this job is that you are empowered, and the firm is willing to help you reach your career goals. Your opinion matters at this firm and you are treated like an equal.

Your overtime efforts will be acknowledged and you will be rewarded for your efforts. Weekly you make work overtime, but you probably won't mind because the payoffs and the acknowledgement will give you a sense of accomplishment and you will feel valued for your hard work. – less
Excellent place to work.
Chicago, IL (Former Employee), PresidentNovember 5, 2011
Pros: self employment
Cons: no health care benefits
I started the company in 2005 after retiring from the State of Illinois.
A very well respected solicitors company, so sad when the company closed.
Receptionist/Telephonist (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 10, 2014
Great management, and never a dull moment, It was a small company. I was so lucky to have this job as my my first experience of my career. Excellent team work with values and respect. Good communication at all levels and diversity.
Productive and very nice place to work with positive environment
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: there were lots of left over breakfasts, lunches and staff events
Davis is one of the best companies I have worked for. I would like to return there on a full-time basis as I was only there tempting for nine months.

The people are polite and there is a family atmosphere which makes every employee feel comfortable. I enjoyed the fast-pace environment at my desk. I learned a lot of corporate work applicable to my corporate – more... law clerks studies. My co-workers were polite and respectful. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that I produced the work given to me to meet all timelines. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the nicest people.

The staff were very well look after and there was no limit to costs at events for the staff. – less
The boss was rude
Landscape laborer for Advantage personnel (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 9, 2012
The work was hard and the positive feedback wa lacking. I worked hard and got insulted yet kept working and evetually got fired for no apparent reason.

About DAVIS

Ziff Davis Media Inc. is an integrated media company providing the technology and videogame markets with research and market intelligence – Read more