Dawn Food Products Employee Reviews

Great company
Junior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 20, 2016
Enjoyable friendly work environment. Well defined company culture. Opportunity for advancement. Far away from everywhere, unless you live in Jackson.
Great Internship Program
Global Quality Assurance Intern (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 27, 2016
Really enjoyed my time with Dawn Foods, it's definitely given me a competitive edge in my field. Networking and professionalism were a huge part of our regular internship check-ins, and I worked on a project and not just day-to-day tasks. I really think my work benefited the company.
Not the company it used to be
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 7, 2016
As the company as grown, the value of its employees has decreased significantly. Leadership is very top-heavy, and the old culture is being trampled by new employees who only value their own advancement regardless of who they step on in the process.
Pros
work with a few good people
Cons
culture is deteriorating
Lmao
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJune 3, 2016
Cool folks sometimes its a great place to work as long as the transportation supervisor isn't present at work. Its a so so place
productive
Customer Service/Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 26, 2016
Overall, good company to work for, just no room for advancement. Would love to stay if they would pay what I deserve to paid for after 8 plus years of my service.
Cons
not enough pay for being here 8+ years, no room for advancement.
Good solid company that was slow to grow.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 5, 2016
Very good company with solid operational team in the D.C. Good leadership locally and solid work force that was able t adapt to changes on a daily basis.
Dynamic Company
Lead of Production Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2016
Progression and career mobility are a minimum. I can only hope for the best for the organization as a whole!! I really enjoyed my time within the company.
Great company, great philosophy and management. Never a dull day!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
Distributing food products in the State of Arizona, great team of Drivers and warehouse. Safe environment, great place top work.
Philosophy of company focused in customer and its satisfaction.
Assisted employees with Human Resource requestions
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 12, 2015
Assisted employees with human resource and payroll issues. Scheduled interviews, processed all new hire and terminated paperwork.
Highly advised others to join the Dawn Team.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  renton, waSeptember 3, 2015
Great place to work at and further your career. Lots of room for improvement as well as advancement, Went from a order selector to a lead in less then 9 months. Organized and great management.
Pros
High paying wages.
Cons
Hours of work may be on weekends.
Good time good people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 27, 2015
This was my first real job. learned a lot love the people that I worked really layed back. I would go work there again. plus close to home made it nice.
very long hours 72 a week stressful days short staffed
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILAugust 24, 2015
Dawn foods was a great place to work until they gave a Plant engineer a General manager position , which he let personal issues interfere with the quality of work ethics and performance from team member and communicating to team members and staff was not the dawn culture.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
6 days a week 12 hour days
Getting Better
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MOJune 11, 2015
New management and things are changing but its been a long road and there are still a lot of bums in the road to come. Downside is added hours to meet production needs
Excellent place to work
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 3, 2015
Excellent team environment, highly skilled employees, excellent management. I loved coming to work everyday. In the IT department we worked as a team and everyone was always willing to assist others when needed.
No advancement
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2015
If you are looking to advance this is not the work place for you. Even when you work hard, you do not get rewarded with advancement. They run off the buddy system
Pros
great over time
Cons
no advancement
Excellent World Class Organization
Western Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CaFebruary 2, 2015
Dawn Food Products was a wonderful company. The products are amazing. The company makes bakery products, finished goods and dry mix. The recipes have been around for over 100 years and the company and its people take great pride in serving customers quality products.
The organization has a passionate leadership team that cares about its people and takes time to listen to the needs of the employees and to implement solutions that work for the company and its large employee base around the world.
My plant in Modesto was consolidated out of state and that is the only reason I chose to leave this amazing organization.
Dawn always listens and responds to customer needs
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  NortheastJanuary 22, 2015
Excellent company to work for who thrive on exceeding customer expectations. Team Dawn is always about their people, products, and services.
horrible
Floater (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 13, 2014
Came in as a Floater A. As a Floater A I was responsible for learning 3 lines in a year if i did learn it in the timeframe i would go straight to max pay. They didn't train me more then 2 weeks on my first line (GLAZE LINE- making detailed glazed icing formulas) that wouldn't be a big issue but once they new I had it they immediately switched me to another. I would not be put back on that line for 2 months, this made it extremely hard and stressful once trying to self learn the formulas and if you mess up a batch you better be prepared to explain. The second line I learned was Cryovac, this wasn't as much an issue to learn just because they had me on it quite abit and its just basically packing product. The third line I had was Vline, this line is the hardest line in the building. They gave me a month to learn it before they started pressuring me to sign off that i knew it. Even the training supervisor said it wasn't enough time but my managers hounded me daily and told me that if i didn't sign i wouldn't get my 3 lines for a long time (THIS WOULD GET ME KNOCKED OUT OF GETTING TOP PAY). I would compare this place to prison. SOOO GLAD I LEFT.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
horrible managers
Questionable company not suited for distribution stick to manufacturing
Dsr (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2014
Current sales team failing terribly in this market, upset customers, management yet to address issues at hand. It's groundhog day over and over, day to day issues do not allow for increase in sales or repairing lost business. Cannot recommend this company with their current turmoil.
Pros
benifits
Cons
western management does not stand by dawn culture or values sadly.
Great Culture and work/life balance
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 21, 2014
Dawn Foods - still a family owned company - is dedicated to bakery products and is number one in the baking products category. This company offers plenty of opportunities to partner with company leaders. They practice what they preach when it comes to a work/life balance and truly believe that family comes first. Their circle of excellence places people at the top. I feel very fortunate to be a part of such a great organization.
Pros
work/life balance, friendly & encouraging culture
Cons
treats and taste tests = weight gain!

2.8