Dawn Foods Employee Reviews in United States

owners and company are excellent
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 23, 2016
12 hour shifts from 6am-6pm. I had 11 years of experience so I learned a lot when it came to upgrading equipment that was updated to stay competitive and to meet the customers needs. I am trained in WMS and SAP scanning/tracking systems and managed 30-40 full and part time team members. I also have skills in Kronos and time management. Will give more details upon interview.
Pros
2-paid breaks
Cons
accountability
Mediocre Employer
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Manteno, ILApril 10, 2015
Pay and Benefits are good. Very confusing place to work. This company never seems to know what their schedule will be two days in advance. You can never plan any weekend activities with your family because they don't post weekend schedules until Fridays. They changed my hours continuously and at the drop of a hat. The employees and supervisors are working 12 hour shifts five to six days per week. In a word, the place is exhausting.
Benefits
Cons
Schedules, Very long days, Poor Management
fun and family owed business
Line Packer (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJanuary 26, 2016
good pay paid weekly and great gifts for Christmas and just a family friendly business that aims to please their employees
Pros
paid weekly and overtime
Cons
working 12 hour shifts
Great pay but the hours and management aren't so great
Picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 10, 2015
a typical day at dawn foods is basically driving and operating forklifts, pallet jacks and rf scan guns. I learned how to drive a forklift, and about what the company does and distributes. Although the pay and co-workers were great, the company lacked management. They really didn't appreciate their workers overall, or hardly ever recognize the good but always the bad. Hardest part of this job would be the hours just ridiculous day shift got off at a reasonable certain time every day but night shift stayed until whatever day shift didn't get finished on top of the routes we had to do. come in at 3pm sometimes wouldn't get off til 5 or 6.
Pros
great pay, and co-workers
Cons
horrible hours, poor management
good atmosphere
Icing Mixer, and Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILApril 5, 2016
Company follows GMP's and is a nice environment to work in. Nice clean work environment to work in. Everyone works well as a team and the supervisors are friendly
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Line operator-production line (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of starting at 6:30 am. Go to warehouse make sure the products needed for the run that day were available then pull it and place it on the floor at the convenience of fellow employees. At this facility we decorated a variety of decorated cakes. They ran at a very fast pace and you had to keep up with line. It started at placing the cake on a board, ice it with icing, comb and decorate it, then place the proper packing and labels on then packing into boxes and placing it onto skids to be shipped around the world.
Learning in this position is a new thing everyday. You learn new decorations, new products and maintaining proper quality of the product. It was a job that kept you motivated. At some points it was stressful but as long as you stayed focused you could become a great asset to the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working fast and learning new things everyday.
Pros
great 401k
Cons
no appreciation
Enjoy my job lots of perks
Cook/ Production (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2013
I make pie fillings and label and package the product by myself. The management is very good people to work for. My coworkers are easy to get along with and when we can help each other out, we do. My job requires alot of heavy lifting which i've come accustom to since i've been there 4 and a half years. We have alot of pizza party's for safety records and a summer party every year. Overall this is a great company to work for.
Pros
great benefits
fun workplace alot of drama a bunch of woman
packer mixer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 5, 2015
Woman are giving more chances then men. Good place to work. High turnover. Always bringing people in. People in places that dont know how to talk to you. They talk at you.
Pros
you get to take home some product
Cons
management people in places dont know what there doing
some timey upper management
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2015
Was poorly ran company when I was employed there, extra-long hours. Was actually doing 3 jobs in one, & wasn't considered for a promotion status.very weird situations...
Pros
good pay every 2 weeks
Cons
was'nt appreciated, thru some tough circunstances
Not a bad place to work in general! The planning leaves a lot to be desired as the work schedules changed contstantly.
maint tech (Current Employee) –  Manteno, ILOctober 21, 2013
The turnover rate did not allow for any operational training to occur, which put a large burdon on the few personel who possessed the nessissary skill to get the job done. The attendense policy is not flexible enough to allow for a lot of normal things that happen to people, causing a lot of terminations that should have been avoided
Pros
good pay & benifits
Cons
horrible work schedule
Not Enjoyable
Finance (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 16, 2013
Pay isn't bad - benefits are ok. Don't expect much in the way of raises and don't expect friendly people. Folks are downright mean, rude, and uncaring. People will stab you in the back quicker than you can spit. But they are flexible when it comes to a work life balance.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
rude, mean, and uncaring people.
great place to work
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJune 5, 2013
loved working for this company, just needed better management on their supervisors, loved going to work, even work other shifts to help some of the other employees when needed to help cover for them.
Pros
company had great benifits, did things for their employees.
Cons
supervisors not taking on their responsibility
great pay, drama, bad management
csr (Former Employee) –  lithia springs, gaNovember 25, 2013
Dawn is basically a secure job with good pay with no room for advancement that will drive you to drink.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
drama, micromanaging, unfairness, not compinsated on your performancr but by seniority, worse management skills.
Management talks about but does not enforce "Dawn" culture
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ontario caMay 25, 2014
Bottom line is you are a disposable asset. As soon as they find better replacement you are phased out. 1 center running 3 locations is a bad idea
Pros
pay, benifits
Cons
management has created a fear work environment
A very good company to work for!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2014
I owe this company everything I have learned, accomplished in the years with this fine company.
Pros
great people and benefits !
Cons
company down size, couple locations were shut down.
Mixer (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MODecember 17, 2014
very good pay and benefits and hard work. Great hours and people to work with.
Bakery/Production
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 20, 2014
12 hour shifts. Good pay. Benefits. Nice place to work. Production work.
it has nice break room
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 17, 2015
this place is actually good if it is going to be your first job in your life, you can grow if you get your cdl class a, communication at this company was not good when i first was there
Pros
all good
Cons
no a.c
Great Place to Work
Machine Operator 2, PC Tech (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 13, 2015
I work in production and I'm a Intern for PC Support, I've a lot of experience with computers and learned a lot about production. The hardest part of my job are the 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable are the people great family owned business awesome place to work.
Educational and oppurtunity to excel and advance career.
Senior Decorator/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 13, 2015
Good team work. Hardest part standing on your feet long periods. They pay you for your lunch even though you have to clock out.
Pros
4 breaks
Cons
long shifts