Dawn Foods Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work always being put down and critisized.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 19, 2017
Went in and set the line up to run for the night. Programed the machines and made sure everything was running properly. Helped people if they needed it and made sure line was running.
Pros
Really liked what I was doing and always busy.
Cons
Management and supervisors were very bad.
It was a very positive work environment very happy environment.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Merrillville IndianaMay 2, 2017
I would recommend this job to anyone it's a very nice atmosphere a very positive atmosphere to work it in and the job was really fun to do it was a job to like in to love.
Pros
We got a 30 minute lunch break no free lunches
Cons
We got 15 minute breaks
Fast-paced. Great smells.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILApril 28, 2017
Hires lots of temporary workers. I was unsure as to whether they would eventually hire me on or not. On your feet for almost 9 hours. Must be able to keep pace. My immediate Supervisor was good to work with and gave great feedback.
Really good work place
Production Worker and folk loft driver (Former Employee) –  4500 lipan StApril 2, 2017
It was really good but due to a car accident I was lay off and was able to work. The bosses were good .The work place was great .And the hours were always there .
productive, fast pace, fun atmosphere
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIMarch 29, 2017
depending on what your job is depends on your day. as a line lead you run and clean pump out for food to pump through. You may have to clean pump and put it together more than once a day. Have to set up line for production, run and set up metal detectors, make sure items are labeled right for product to be packaged. Sanitize area(s) when needed. I learned how to be a line lead and production lead.The hardest part of the job is not knowing when you will get done for the day it all depends on the orders, but the managers may add more on even at the end of day, Most enjoyable part of the job is that the people you work with are enjoyable.
Pros
free samples
Cons
never knowing when getting done
Best employer ever
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2017
I love my dawn family.. its a wonderful place to work at.. the pay is great.. everybody respect you and this is a company where you can definitely grown within
To much drama
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 22, 2017
Working in office environment you except to have little drama, I was a Temp for a year and half, my mgt. Keep promising to hire me in but never did. I was very hopeful for a while that I would get hire, but there one person that made my work environment very hostile and unpleasant to go to work every day. And management did nothing about it, except to tell me to ignore it. I have move on but I am very disappointed with my experience here.
Pros
Cons
Too much drama
Overall description of Dawn
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 5, 2017
Private family-owned global company providing bakery products in several markets. Company is based in Jackson, Michigan and is divided between Bakery Products (manufacturing of cake mixes, etc.) and Distribution of the manufactured bakery products as well as buy/sell items (flour/sugar/shortening and most things a baker uses such as pans, sprinkles, oils, etc.).

A "Plant Accountant" is located at each manufacturing location, while a "Financial Analyst" is located at the home office and is responsible for 4 or more distribution centers. Additionally, there are several accounting roles at the "Shared Services" level as well.
Very fun, yet professional work enironment
Sales Representative/Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Dawn Foods, they are really supportive.
I am a Pastry Chef, not a salesman, but they worked with me for 2 years and we both respect each other.
Pros
Company car, laptop and cell phone
Cons
None actually
it was a job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 22, 2017
it was a job , the work paid the bills , i was there for years the work never slowed, they just ask you to keep doing more, no added benefit nothing really great or good, it was a job like any other
It's a nice place to work very clean environment the people are nice.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 20, 2016
I've moved up since I've been here I worked on Yline Juss doing different batches then wat I normally do I moved to a different line jaws it's a lil faster more batches get put out on this line now I'm on a mixer Juss a little more pay I've been here little over 2years perfect attendance you can count on me showing up still working here Juss looking to do something different move up in life.
Pros
It's a good place to work if they stick by there word
Cons
If they don't do wat they promise then you'll think differently.
company gives you the opportunity to learn how to use various machines and also learn how to load
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 14, 2016
Definitely a job you can make 21.00 an hr in less than a year. The company is good but for a person that wants to grow its very hard it's more of a who you know job instead of what you know
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Way too many hours
Alot of potential here
Production A (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2016
Good job, great pay, good benefits, great employee atmosphere but terrible management. They micro manage everything you do from a computer screen instead of being out on the floor. Very high turnover as far as supervisors.

FMLA abuse kills the morale of this place as people call in fmla right as there shift is suppose to start so you get stuck with a 12 hr shift with no notice what so ever.
Pros
Pay, ability to cross train and learn almost every job
Cons
Management, lack of communication, FMLA abuse, inexperienced supervisors
Great as a stepping stone for new managers.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 21, 2016
Smaller company in a union environment where team members have to be told what to do every step of the way. Recruiting frontline management needs to be revamped but turnover is high at this level.
Company has a superior product that is 2nd to none.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Low level team engagment. Frontline leadership are typically new to management so have to develop
good atmosphere
Icing Mixer, and Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILApril 5, 2016
Company follows GMP's and is a nice environment to work in. Nice clean work environment to work in. Everyone works well as a team and the supervisors are friendly
fun and family owed business
Line Packer (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJanuary 26, 2016
good pay paid weekly and great gifts for Christmas and just a family friendly business that aims to please their employees
Pros
paid weekly and overtime
Cons
working 12 hour shifts
fun workplace alot of drama a bunch of woman
packer mixer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 5, 2015
Woman are giving more chances then men. Good place to work. High turnover. Always bringing people in. People in places that dont know how to talk to you. They talk at you.
Pros
you get to take home some product
Cons
management people in places dont know what there doing
Great pay but the hours and management aren't so great
Picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 10, 2015
a typical day at dawn foods is basically driving and operating forklifts, pallet jacks and rf scan guns. I learned how to drive a forklift, and about what the company does and distributes. Although the pay and co-workers were great, the company lacked management. They really didn't appreciate their workers overall, or hardly ever recognize the good but always the bad. Hardest part of this job would be the hours just ridiculous day shift got off at a reasonable certain time every day but night shift stayed until whatever day shift didn't get finished on top of the routes we had to do. come in at 3pm sometimes wouldn't get off til 5 or 6.
Pros
great pay, and co-workers
Cons
horrible hours, poor management
it has nice break room
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 17, 2015
this place is actually good if it is going to be your first job in your life, you can grow if you get your cdl class a, communication at this company was not good when i first was there
Pros
all good
Cons
no a.c
Great Place to Work
Machine Operator 2, PC Tech (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 13, 2015
I work in production and I'm a Intern for PC Support, I've a lot of experience with computers and learned a lot about production. The hardest part of my job are the 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable are the people great family owned business awesome place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dawn Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval