Dawson Employee Reviews in United States

jobs were good staff was hard to get a hold of
Garden City Group Legal Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioAugust 15, 2015
jobs were good staff was hard to get a hold of/ I worked in Columbus and Dublin temp jobs they were temp jobs when I had issues staff was hard to get a hold of
great learning environment
Information System Owner (Current Employee) –  warner robins afbJuly 28, 2015
We are a team of ISO's and ISSE's developing work processes while following the RMF process to ensure security of several projects. We are an interface between the PM and the DAO to ensure all documentation, is correct/complete and security controls have been satisfied. Being a newly formed team, it is sometimes difficult to define where we fit into some processes but at the same time that is one of the challenges that makes the position interesting. Our team is small n comparison to the task we have to perform, but it has created a unity amongst us to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have developed a process that will make the job of the client as well as the team more seamless and manageable.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
low education compensation
great place
Temporary Employment Services (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 3, 2015
everybody was very nice and they placed me in a good paying job within 24 hours all tho the job was too slow pace for me they still worked to find me another
Adventurous for a single person
HSSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 31, 2015
Difficult to get time to see the family. 12-15 hour work days. 5 weeks away and 10 days at home. Co-workers are great. Management is very production driven.
A great company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 20, 2015
I've learned to multi-task at a higher level. On any given day I can be asked to assist in several different departments.
Call center
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2015
After arriving at work in the morning, I get myself a cup of coffee. Coffee helps me get and stay focused. Then I log in and prepare myself for exceptional customer service
Pros
n\a
Cons
n\a
Very fast pace company with many tasks
GCG-Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work consists of collaboratin with departmental managers, supervisors and call center staff to provide feedback in deficient areas identified during quality monitoring.

I've learned to multi-task at a higher level. On any given day I can be asked to assist on several projects and at that point I have to make a decision as to which project is priority.

I enjoy my co-workers very much. I spend more time with them then I do my own family.

The hardest part of my job is not having benefits and dealing with someone who doesn't take their position and job serious.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
healthcare and benefts
A Productive and fun place to work.
Manufacturer's Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 26, 2014
My first sales position. Management was great. The products were office supplies. I learned to sell office supplies to small office supply dealers. There were about forty different products froms pens, to desks, paper, day planners etc. The hardest part of the job was a lot of driving and long days. The salary was low but commission helped make up the defecit. Management made it fun to do this job. Reviews were monthly.
Pros
fun to sell products.
Cons
monthly reviews.
good temp company
Temporary Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2014
I really enjoyed going to work . A day there was greeting clients, answering phone, filing, faxing, copier and computer work. What i learned was running the office by myself. Managment was very good and helpful. The co worker were good. The hardest part was leaving the job. The most enjoyable was going to work.
Pros
running the office
Cons
leaving when the assignment was over
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 2, 2014
I was an intern at Dawson, Smith, Purvis & Bassett for the spring semester of 2013. A typical day at work consisted with scanning and filing tax returns. If I had questions I would report to Craig who was "in charge" of the interns. The management team was very approachable and very pleasant. All of the co-workers at the firm were very nice and easy to get along with.
The hardest thing about my job was the time I was available to work. I also played softball and basketball during the spring times and it was hard to juggle all three.
The most enjoyable part about my job was the environment I was surrounded with. I believe, where you work and who you work with is very imporant when looking for a job.
Pros
community within the work environment
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 30, 2014
Great at looking for employment. Great Customer Service and communication skills.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2014
Dawson is a job service agency. They have assisted me in finding customer service jobs in call centers.
Pros
assist in setting up job interviews
Cons
short term employment
Excellent temporary agency.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioSeptember 29, 2013
Dawson works very hard to place its people. I have held my current position of 1 1/2 years.

Dawson is an easy company with which to work.
Pros
placements
Cons
no permanancy
fun work place to work
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 17, 2013
The work environment is fun as play. Employees are having fun while maintain a high productive work,
recruiters are the worst very unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2013
They are one of the worst temp agencies to work for. the recruiters can be very unprofessional and will lie to you regarding positions to get you to accept them. i would never work for them!!!!!!
Productive place to work, gained a great deal of knowledge.
Legal Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Graham, NCMay 14, 2013
I was able to work independently. The attorney I worked for was great. This was all out a great place to work.
Pros
great people, understanding of family life balance
Easy work and good salary
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIApril 1, 2013
Work is easy as long as you follow instructions and work fast.
Co-workers are fun.
Hardest part of the job is being able to keep up with deadlines.
Nice Lawfirm to First Learn Experience
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, AlJanuary 14, 2013
Very likeable and friendly place to work, a slower pace of work than what I needed.
Pros
christmas party
Great Workplace and Great Benefits
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 8, 2012
Dawson Associates have different assignments for different employers. Where I work we are permanent temporary associates. Upon first starting employment, benefits such as health, dental and vision are offered. Also after one year of employment 401 K opportunity. We get to be included on company picnics and meetings away from the office. Management treats all employees with respect. Co-workers are great and willing to help you. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of gaining a full time position. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun atmosphere and great people to work with.
productive fun day
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  OHAugust 1, 2012
Arrive 7am departing 3 fun place work at your own pace but have to get at least 500 records done daily
Pros
lunches parties
Cons
nothing