Dawson Employee Reviews

Dawson manufacturing company
Press Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIDecember 25, 2017
I worked on machines every day, I learned how to use press machines and different parts of the machine. Management was not the best, the workplace was stressful and hours were not what i expected, the hardest part of my job was working with a specific machine the most enjoyable part was learning new machines.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
management, less hours
Employment agency
Paralegal/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2017
This is an employment agency, so duties vary, depending upon the client to whom one is/was sent. If you are administrative, you may be performing tasks such as filing, typing and answering telephone; legal assistants would be performing more substantive work.
The best temp service
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43215September 18, 2017
Love this company a great company when you are between jobs. They do a good job finding work that's a good fit for you. that's all i have to say they were that good
Dawson was great for a temporary position.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Albany, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Dawson was great for a temporary position. I will not go back because I am in search of a career. I did not have that option with Dawson. The recruiters are also very rude.
Work was steady
Temporary Staffing -- Clerical (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2017
My experience at Dawson was positive in that I had long term assignments that gave me a reliable income. I enjoyed working with my placement staff.

My work at Dawson was in 2005 and 2006, though, and the environment has changed significantly. Getting assignments with Dawson is very much like looking for work, and I found the tools for creating employee profiles made me a poor candidate for assignments.
Pros
steady employment with a reliable income
Cons
culture has changed and getting temporary assignments is like looking for work
Shaky
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 26, 2017
Some recruiters are better than others, and when reported about the recruiter it seems you are still stuck with them. I told my recruiter what I am looking for but she send me everything but what fit my skills.
Pros
contact about positions
Cons
no follow ups
Temp Position
Payroll Representative (Current Employee) –  Grandview, OHJune 16, 2017
My position at Team Fishel is acceptable but I would prefer to have a permanent job in my field. They moved me when they fired the receptionist and put me in her place.

I want to be back in my field of payroll not a receptionist.
Cons
No health insurance or vacation time
Dawson Rocks
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2017
Dawson is a temporary agency they work real hard to make sure that you have the perfect fit for you as well as their client. As a fraud specialist you have to be very thorough and make sure that all information is correct. The management team really works with you to make sure that you have all the knowledge you need to preform your job. The culture is very open they embrace differences and encourage innovation. The hardest part of the job is the law that surrounds fraud and how it must be applied in each state. The laws can seem as if they are always changing. The joy comes when you can help someone restore and assist in what is bad situation.
Pros
Encourages Innovation
Cons
Temporary Work
Productive and fun environment with refreshments and a cafe' to enjoy while you wait.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 4, 2017
I really enjoyed the fact that when i started my first job with Dawson they were on top of the information i needed to know for my first day. A typical day at work was like answering phones, reading FAQS, a very comfortable atmosphere, very business oriented and professional. I learned how to speak legal language and how to deal with difficult customers. Management was easy to talk to if there was ever a problem. The workplace was very diverse. The hardest part of this job was making sure your punctuation and words were spelled correctly and pronounced and used correctly precision and accuracy was a big thing here. Learning about legal matters was the fun part, everyday i learned something new and that was awesome.
productive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2016
a typical day did mostly data entry
interesting work co-workers ok
management ok liked flexialty
sometimes you would get documents that where
hard to read
A fun diverse work area.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 2, 2016
I like working for dawson, They have provided me with good working oppurtunities. I have learned many things from manufacturing of eye glasses to the maufacturing of paint.
Pros
Variety
Cons
slow to get new assignments.
Recruiter
employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2016
Recruiter placement agency career advice jobs providing full time and part time career opportunities matching skills and experience to available opportunities.
jobs were good staff was hard to get a hold of
Garden City Group Legal Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioAugust 15, 2015
jobs were good staff was hard to get a hold of/ I worked in Columbus and Dublin temp jobs they were temp jobs when I had issues staff was hard to get a hold of
great place
Temporary Employment Services (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 3, 2015
everybody was very nice and they placed me in a good paying job within 24 hours all tho the job was too slow pace for me they still worked to find me another
Adventurous for a single person
HSSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 31, 2015
Difficult to get time to see the family. 12-15 hour work days. 5 weeks away and 10 days at home. Co-workers are great. Management is very production driven.
A great company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 20, 2015
I've learned to multi-task at a higher level. On any given day I can be asked to assist in several different departments.
Call center
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2015
After arriving at work in the morning, I get myself a cup of coffee. Coffee helps me get and stay focused. Then I log in and prepare myself for exceptional customer service
Pros
n\a
Cons
n\a
Very fast pace company with many tasks
GCG-Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work consists of collaboratin with departmental managers, supervisors and call center staff to provide feedback in deficient areas identified during quality monitoring.

I've learned to multi-task at a higher level. On any given day I can be asked to assist on several projects and at that point I have to make a decision as to which project is priority.

I enjoy my co-workers very much. I spend more time with them then I do my own family.

The hardest part of my job is not having benefits and dealing with someone who doesn't take their position and job serious.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Healthcare and benefts
A Productive and fun place to work.
Manufacturer's Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 26, 2014
My first sales position. Management was great. The products were office supplies. I learned to sell office supplies to small office supply dealers. There were about forty different products froms pens, to desks, paper, day planners etc. The hardest part of the job was a lot of driving and long days. The salary was low but commission helped make up the defecit. Management made it fun to do this job. Reviews were monthly.
Pros
Fun to sell products.
Cons
Monthly reviews.
good temp company
Temporary Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2014
I really enjoyed going to work . A day there was greeting clients, answering phone, filing, faxing, copier and computer work. What i learned was running the office by myself. Managment was very good and helpful. The co worker were good. The hardest part was leaving the job. The most enjoyable was going to work.
Pros
Running the office
Cons
Leaving when the assignment was over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dawson. Our community is ready to answer.