Dawson Employee Reviews

My working experience with them is ok.. it's not the company it's self that need improveme
General Labor Worker (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 16, 2017
This is he 1st time that I applied and worked for this company.. The company it's self is great the workers and her nice and kind. It's just bad communication between the job site that they send you on.
Pros
Transportation to and for the job sites they send you on
Cons
The job sites they send you to are unorganized
Productive and fun environment with refreshments and a cafe' to enjoy while you wait.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 4, 2017
I really enjoyed the fact that when i started my first job with Dawson they were on top of the information i needed to know for my first day. A typical day at work was like answering phones, reading FAQS, a very comfortable atmosphere, very business oriented and professional. I learned how to speak legal language and how to deal with difficult customers. Management was easy to talk to if there was ever a problem. The workplace was very diverse. The hardest part of this job was making sure your punctuation and words were spelled correctly and pronounced and used correctly precision and accuracy was a big thing here. Learning about legal matters was the fun part, everyday i learned something new and that was awesome.
good place to work
Fitter/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARNovember 28, 2016
Good place to work, good managemnet, good salary, typical work day was eight hour with a five day wotk week, over all a good experience with the company.
Pros
good health care
Cons
not enough work
productive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2016
a typical day did mostly data entry
interesting work co-workers ok
management ok liked flexialty
sometimes you would get documents that where
hard to read
The most enjoyable part of the job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIAugust 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with clients. I enjoy helping clients with any issue or concern they may have, and I like the feeling of accomplishment and knowing that they are satisfied with my work.
A fun diverse work area.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 2, 2016
I like working for dawson, They have provided me with good working oppurtunities. I have learned many things from manufacturing of eye glasses to the maufacturing of paint.
Pros
Variety
Cons
slow to get new assignments.
Recruiter
employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2016
Recruiter placement agency career advice jobs providing full time and part time career opportunities matching skills and experience to available opportunities.
jobs were good staff was hard to get a hold of
Garden City Group Legal Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioAugust 15, 2015
jobs were good staff was hard to get a hold of/ I worked in Columbus and Dublin temp jobs they were temp jobs when I had issues staff was hard to get a hold of
great learning environment
Information System Owner (Current Employee) –  warner robins afbJuly 28, 2015
We are a team of ISO's and ISSE's developing work processes while following the RMF process to ensure security of several projects. We are an interface between the PM and the DAO to ensure all documentation, is correct/complete and security controls have been satisfied. Being a newly formed team, it is sometimes difficult to define where we fit into some processes but at the same time that is one of the challenges that makes the position interesting. Our team is small n comparison to the task we have to perform, but it has created a unity amongst us to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have developed a process that will make the job of the client as well as the team more seamless and manageable.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
low education compensation
great place
Temporary Employment Services (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 3, 2015
everybody was very nice and they placed me in a good paying job within 24 hours all tho the job was too slow pace for me they still worked to find me another
Adventurous for a single person
HSSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 31, 2015
Difficult to get time to see the family. 12-15 hour work days. 5 weeks away and 10 days at home. Co-workers are great. Management is very production driven.
A great company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 20, 2015
I've learned to multi-task at a higher level. On any given day I can be asked to assist in several different departments.
Call center
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2015
After arriving at work in the morning, I get myself a cup of coffee. Coffee helps me get and stay focused. Then I log in and prepare myself for exceptional customer service
Pros
n\a
Cons
n\a
Very fast pace company with many tasks
GCG-Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work consists of collaboratin with departmental managers, supervisors and call center staff to provide feedback in deficient areas identified during quality monitoring.

I've learned to multi-task at a higher level. On any given day I can be asked to assist on several projects and at that point I have to make a decision as to which project is priority.

I enjoy my co-workers very much. I spend more time with them then I do my own family.

The hardest part of my job is not having benefits and dealing with someone who doesn't take their position and job serious.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Healthcare and benefts
A Productive and fun place to work.
Manufacturer's Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 26, 2014
My first sales position. Management was great. The products were office supplies. I learned to sell office supplies to small office supply dealers. There were about forty different products froms pens, to desks, paper, day planners etc. The hardest part of the job was a lot of driving and long days. The salary was low but commission helped make up the defecit. Management made it fun to do this job. Reviews were monthly.
Pros
Fun to sell products.
Cons
Monthly reviews.
good temp company
Temporary Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2014
I really enjoyed going to work . A day there was greeting clients, answering phone, filing, faxing, copier and computer work. What i learned was running the office by myself. Managment was very good and helpful. The co worker were good. The hardest part was leaving the job. The most enjoyable was going to work.
Pros
Running the office
Cons
Leaving when the assignment was over
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 2, 2014
I was an intern at Dawson, Smith, Purvis & Bassett for the spring semester of 2013. A typical day at work consisted with scanning and filing tax returns. If I had questions I would report to Craig who was "in charge" of the interns. The management team was very approachable and very pleasant. All of the co-workers at the firm were very nice and easy to get along with.
The hardest thing about my job was the time I was available to work. I also played softball and basketball during the spring times and it was hard to juggle all three.
The most enjoyable part about my job was the environment I was surrounded with. I believe, where you work and who you work with is very imporant when looking for a job.
Pros
community within the work environment
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 30, 2014
Great at looking for employment. Great Customer Service and communication skills.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2014
Dawson is a job service agency. They have assisted me in finding customer service jobs in call centers.
Pros
Assist in setting up job interviews
Cons
Short term employment
Excellent temporary agency.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioSeptember 29, 2013
Dawson works very hard to place its people. I have held my current position of 1 1/2 years.

Dawson is an easy company with which to work.
Pros
Placements
Cons
No permanancy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dawson. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2