Day & Zimmermann

Day & Zimmermann Employer Reviews

No place for advance
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2013
Cons: no breaks
The hardest part of the job is working in the elements. And being able to advance in the work place
Too much family hired.
Tool Room/Multi-craft/Maintenance/Elect/Welder (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great pay great hours
Cons: to much drama, to many family members side by side.
Great place to work, insurance not so good. However with that said to much family hired on this job site.
First experience with an established Engineering firm
Senior Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 15, 2013
Pros: working with old school/new school talents within a corporate structure
Cons: having to negotiate pelham rd. twice a day...
Ability to work independently on projects where goals were clearly outlined, but also working as part of a team to meet client expectations
great learning environment
Tool Room Attendant/ Firewatch/ Escort (Former Employee), Tonopah, AZJune 17, 2013
great place to learn new things and experience the nuclear industry.
good group of people
Sr. Piping Designer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 12, 2013
Pros: free coffee, tea etc.
Cons: contract employee
lots of 2D autocad work
lots of field work trips
good management, great core values,
overall rating is excellent
Senior Executive Support Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2013
Friendly people and atmosphere with a great work/life balance. A typical day at work depended on your schedule as long as you worked 8 hours or made up the time there weren't any issues.

Hardest part of the job was trying to get cross trained in other fields.
Coworkers are great, Management was decent.
Good Employer
Electrical Planner (Former Employee), FloridaMay 1, 2013
D&Z is a good employer and provides fair compensation! I would recommend them as a good employer.
great work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 8, 2013
this was a great work place because of the things I got to do, I was in the electrical maintenance field including instruments and electronic. This I really enjoied because of the mentors that I had to teach me.
Good salary, good recruiters
I&C Maintenance Specialist - Nuclear (Former Employee), Spring City, TNApril 6, 2013
Pros: good salary, good recruiters
Cons: no benefits package
As a nuclear I&C Planner, I was generally pleased with D&Z NPS. The salary was pretty decent but I had no benefits package during my tenure as a contractor. My recruiter was very friendly and good at placing candidates. My paycheck was always accurate and on time.
building scaffold was fun like build tree houses
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee), Upper Fruitland, NMMarch 2, 2013
 Arizona Public Service Overhaul Project. San Juan County
 Carpentry Scaffold Erector. Planning for safe scaffold build, also was the competent person for scaffold inspection, supervise apprentice carpenters and labors on my crew.
Productive and fun place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Parsons, KSJanuary 14, 2013
Keeping the needs of our military going. Always took care of employees.
enjoyed my job
Sergeant Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2013
a typical day at work included me handling employee paper work and doing a little security work. Hardest part of job was changing disciplinary conduct for co-workers
Safety is number one.
certified forlift and lull operator (Former Employee), Athens, ALDecember 1, 2012
I enjoy working for D&Z, when I go to work at the outages. Very friendly and what I like most of all, are our safety meeting before work to inform us of the work that is going on and to make sure that our safety is our number one goal.
Good Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Newark, DENovember 21, 2012
Pros: helped meet employees needs with assignments for continued opportunities.
Cons: limited benefits, no pay for holidays or sick time.
The company looked out for employees. When a contract was ending or there was opportunity at a different site, they informed the employees. I was able to stay with them 10 years.
Fun work Place
Security Officer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 15, 2012
Pros: one hour lunch
Loved the job and the management was fair at all times. A day at work was to ensure that the building stayed secured at all times.
IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2012
SAP ERP, CRM and BW focus. Work directly to improve business processes the use of SAP
Good work environment with good co-workers.
Reception, general office assistant (Former Employee), Homer City, PANovember 5, 2012
Pros: pleasant environment, busy work, friendly people, day went quickly.
Cons: slow down in middle of outage, long slow 10 hour day, hard to keep busy
The group I worked with was very helpful and productive. My supervisor instructed me on all aspects of job and was very helpful and encouraging. Most of what I learned and was required to do was new to me. I learned quickly and was a productive part of the team.

The job involved an outage at the power plant. It was very fast paced at the beginning – more... of the outage and at the end as workers had to be processed in and out. I was responsible for completing the forms for the incoming workers as well as helping a bit with payroll, filing, and checking workers in and out which was important because of safety issues at the plant.

I found it very interesting learning systems that were a bit different from the normal medical secretarial work I was involved with previously.

I wasn't at the job long enough to receive benefits or job advancement since I was working only for the outage which lasted about two months.

I would gladly return to the job if needed and was told I would be called back if they needed an assistant for the outage another time. – less
A enjoyable place to work, Company is great.
Service Order Dispatcher (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCNovember 4, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: swing shift
I love the fast pace work enviroment. Management was truly the Best. I loved this job, I was so LUCKY to get the Opprutunity to work for this company.
Administrative Assistant/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Tuscumbia, ALNovember 1, 2012
I really enjoyed working here. I got laid off at the end of September because there were no more projects scheduled for the rest of the year.
Challenging
General Foreman Electrician (Current Employee), seqouyah nuclear plantOctober 18, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: disorganized
Good people to work around and a great location. Craft easy to work with.