Day & Zimmermann

Day & Zimmermann United States Employee Reviews

A difficult place to work due to poor moral.
Contract Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Joliet IllinoisOctober 7, 2014
Pros: day shift
Cons: poor morale and hostile co-workers.
A typical day was field supervision of five security posts and gates, and vehicle patrol of the site.
Friendly co-workers always in a good mood.
Proctor (Current Employee), Hollywood, ALOctober 6, 2014
I was always greeting people in the halls with happy faces smiling back at me. It was a really great place to work.
productive
production (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
working on this job was okay, I learned a lot of new thing from being on this job. I enjoyed my work experience.
Execellent Company
Electrical Superintendent/Asst (Former Employee), Avila Beach, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great company to work for refueling on nuclear power plant. Work is Classified
Highly organized company culture with talented management
District Manager - New Jersey (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: highly customer oriented and concerned for the safety of the staff
Cons: company was sold
Generally, normal business hours with 24 hour on call to care for client needs. Most clients were high end business entities, i.e. Pharma, Engineering, etc. My staff was tireless and highly customer oriented.
Productive place of work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2014
sign in visitors, greet with smile, answer phones, check bags, view cameras, search buildings,
Relaxed place to work
Cost Analyst (Current Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 15, 2014
Very quiet office. Work independently daily with very little supervision. Like working with family.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: authority figure, uniforms
Cons: short lunch break
A typical day at work was checking identification, checking the perimeter, watching the monitor, and communicating over the radio.
Management was strict but fair.
Co worker were all on their own post.
There were no hard parts of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist people to the correct department.
Great place to work for, helped employees out when needed.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Southport, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Learned new things everyday and had great co-workers to work with.
Great People to work with
Site Safety Manager (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCSeptember 10, 2014
Job is coming to end need to find another, love the people long drive but with the pay is worth it.
The job itself is great!
Material Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Simpsonville Sealed Air PlantSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: can't leave plant & no affordable benefits
High pace work environment. Constant unloading of truck while answering the phone, and delivering to production. The management was not good and did not care about how hard the employees worked. There are many people that I have met and became friends with and there are some I would rather not speak to other than when I have to. I like to be surrounded by people who do their job and help others. The hardest part of the job is learning that some companies don't care how hard you work and how valuable you are. I love the people that I have met and I love the actual job.
Great Place to work
Drafter/Designer (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Great place to work, very welcoming enviroment to all

great leaders

uses both autocad and microstation
Fast Paced Working Environment
Staffing Administrator (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 31, 2014
I enjoyed working here. The environment is fast paced with typically a wide variety of tasks to be accomplished each day. I would recommend it.
Very productive workplace with nice hours.
Laborer (Former Employee), Lusby, MDJuly 18, 2014
Work was easily accomplished on most days, despite the immense heat and noise. Co-workers knew how to have fun at work safely while still getting the job done efficiently. The worst part of the job was no matter how much work you accomplished, if someone saw an individual(s) taking a break they assumed said individual(s) had done very little without confronting the individual(s) they witnessed, but instead took the issue straight to management who then chose to punish the individual(s) without question and with no one giving the workers the benefit of the doubt.
Difficult work but strive to learn more
Material Handler (Current Employee), lusby, MDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: learning new adventures everyday
Cons: during summer heat gets very hot in wharehouse
Typical day at work we field call in orders, run fork lifts, work directly with the Nuclear power plant to fill any part orders they may need. Learn a lot about how turbine motors work and all about radiation. Most enjoyable part of the job is coming in everyday and learning something new, never same thing repeated.
Laid Off
Explosive Operator (Former Employee), Parsons, KSJune 23, 2014
Hire you for what they need then will lay you off. Pay is good when they actually work you.
Rewarding & Challenging
Field Account Manager (Current Employee), New YorkJune 16, 2014
I have had an amazing 12+ years with D&Z. They took my diverse experience from my previous employer and channeled it into the position I have worked at all this time. I have managed multiple multimillion dollar sites and met a lot of amazing people both internally and externally. My current position wtih the company is managing a contract for a Nuclear Power Plant and the client, people, and work has been so rewarding. It is high paced, diverse, and challenging and I have grown and learn so much from my time here!
Executive Assistant
Senior E. Administrative Assistant to the owner (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2014
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant to the owner, President & CEO of Munitions & Government
Also provided comprehensive administrative support to the SVP Controller; General Counsel; VP of Human Resources
 Calls / Communications: Screened incoming calls for the President and SVP Controller. Managed complex and routine correspondence, including mail merge award letters for SAP project team. Designed and published the first issue of the Day & Zimmermann 101 educational newsletter using PowerPoint formatting.
 Calendar Management: Daily review and management of the President’s and SVP’s calendars. Arranged heavy volume of executive travel.
 SAP Data Entry & Approval: Entered time for three Executives into SAP. Approved time for 11 staff members. Created expense reports using SAP. Submitted both Expenses and invoices directly to the procurement team.
The company is ok
Laborer (Former Employee), Miami FLMay 15, 2014
They have favoritism but overall, they are fair. the co workers are ok to get along with.
Company with no future.
security inside and outside. (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: clean place to work, this was really provide by the customer.
Cons: supervisor was not on the job very often, and very aggressive toward male employees.
No future for this company, doomed to fail.
Poorly managed, low management skills and no training.