Day & Zimmermann

Day & Zimmermann Employer Reviews

Difficult work but strive to learn more
Material Handler (Current Employee), lusby, MDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: learning new adventures everyday
Cons: during summer heat gets very hot in wharehouse
Typical day at work we field call in orders, run fork lifts, work directly with the Nuclear power plant to fill any part orders they may need. Learn a lot about how turbine motors work and all about radiation. Most enjoyable part of the job is coming in everyday and learning something new, never same thing repeated.
Laid Off
Explosive Operator (Former Employee), Parsons, KSJune 23, 2014
Hire you for what they need then will lay you off. Pay is good when they actually work you.
Rewarding & Challenging
Field Account Manager (Current Employee), New YorkJune 16, 2014
I have had an amazing 12+ years with D&Z. They took my diverse experience from my previous employer and channeled it into the position I have worked at all this time. I have managed multiple multimillion dollar sites and met a lot of amazing people both internally and externally. My current position wtih the company is managing a contract for a Nuclear – more... Power Plant and the client, people, and work has been so rewarding. It is high paced, diverse, and challenging and I have grown and learn so much from my time here! – less
Executive Assistant
Senior E. Administrative Assistant to the owner (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2014
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant to the owner, President & CEO of Munitions & Government
Also provided comprehensive administrative support to the SVP Controller; General Counsel; VP of Human Resources
 Calls / Communications: Screened incoming calls for the President and SVP Controller. Managed complex and routine correspondence, including – more... mail merge award letters for SAP project team. Designed and published the first issue of the Day & Zimmermann 101 educational newsletter using PowerPoint formatting.
 Calendar Management: Daily review and management of the President’s and SVP’s calendars. Arranged heavy volume of executive travel.
 SAP Data Entry & Approval: Entered time for three Executives into SAP. Approved time for 11 staff members. Created expense reports using SAP. Submitted both Expenses and invoices directly to the procurement team. – less
The company is ok
Laborer (Former Employee), Miami FLMay 15, 2014
They have favoritism but overall, they are fair. the co workers are ok to get along with.
Company with no future.
security inside and outside. (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: clean place to work, this was really provide by the customer.
Cons: supervisor was not on the job very often, and very aggressive toward male employees.
No future for this company, doomed to fail.
Poorly managed, low management skills and no training.
I had a good experience working at this company.
Fatigue Coordinator (Former Employee), PSLMay 14, 2014
I had a good experience working at this company. Great place to work.
the opportunity to learn and develop quals that can be useful and rewarding
Oconee Major Projects Coordinator (Current Employee), Seneca South CarolinaMay 14, 2014
Pros: good work enviorment
Cons: no recition for years of service
Run a team of 30 to 40 men on NFPA 805 mod
review POD report, any PIPs written in the last 24 hours
get work orders as are needed signed on and into working, prepare PJB and high risk tool brief
go out in the field and provide oversight and write FOBs on work activities that I observed.
Management is very supportive of all team activities and helps – more... to get thethings needed to make not only our team but others sucessful.
Co- workers and the relationship with them is 4.0, we work well togather sharing resources as needed, share with each other OE from lessons learned on their work scopes.
Balancing trainning and the schedule to keep things going,
I have trainned 5 lead to be supervisiors, seeing folks on their climb is a great feeling – less
Temporary Work
Contact Foreman (Former Employee), Blair, NEApril 28, 2014
Pros: comfortable, allowed to listen to music while doing time entry
Cons: no benefits
Contracting to OPPD

Typical day would be from 7 in the morning till around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, entering in time data for the various craft on site.

Hardest part of the job was that it was temporary work and could be terminated at any time.

Best part of the job was 5 months later I was fully staffed on site.
Great company
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2014
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant to the President & CEO of Munitions & Government division
-Assisted divisional team: SVP Controller; General Counsel; SVP of Human Resources
 Confidentiality: Handled confidential sensitive information with discretion.
 Calls: Screened incoming calls for the President and SVP Controller.
 Correspondence: – more... Assisted in creating mail merge letters for the Iowa office
 Newsletters: Assisted in designing the D&Z 101 divisional Newsletter using PowerPoint formatting.
 Calendar Management: Daily view of the President and SVP’s calendar. Set up meetings in Outlook.
 Time Entry & Approval: Entered time for three Executives. Approved time for 11 associates.
 Expenses / Invoices: Created expense reports using SAP. Submitted both Expenses and invoices direct to the procurement team. – less
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Memphis,TN; WisconsonFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: the implementation of programs to identify the numerous hazards.
I managed two projects for Day and zimmerman. One was a coal fired unit built in 1952. Every hazard a safety manager studies was involved. The other project was at a nuclear facility in Wisconson.
Large company with many opportunities for advance/
Manager, Meetings & Events (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: continuing education
Cons: lack of parking
My duties included over 100 meetings and events: off-site Executive Level Strategic Leadership events and meetings; executive-level Sales and Marketing meetings and events; nation-wide training meetings, along with inter-company meetings and events. Management and oversight of these meetings and events includes: scheduling and thorough planning for – more... transportation, lodging, meeting space, AV, F&B, entertainment, and related destination management responsibilities. All contracts, negotiations and on-site coordination were my responsibility. – less
Fill in job
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Memphis,TnFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: working at older coal fired plants
My time at Day and Zimmerman was a fill in job, while I finished my BS degree in Environmental health and Safety
adheres to all nuclear rules, willing to help
ADMINISTRATORS ASSISTANT (Former Employee), York, SCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no insurance
Relaxing
knowledgeable
willing to train
room to grow
friendly staff
coworkers are lots of fun
busy days
good paying job
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 26, 2013
Pros: money, travel
Cons: work hours
good company, but the lack loyality, Learned many skills &recieved training
Very productive
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee), Surry, VANovember 27, 2013
Pros: long weekends
Cons: no benefits
Good long weekends managementwas great co-workers were great to be around
D&Z would be a great job if the work was guarenteed
Production Operator (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXNovember 25, 2013
Pros: the job paid good
Cons: lay offs were very common
My typical day at work would be checking the product to make sure that it was in perfect condition, making sure that all of the labels were right, and boxing up the ready product and sending it down the production line to be loaded on the crate.

I learned how to keep a fast, steady work pace. The co-workers were also all very nice.

Out of all the – more... different jobs i had to do I wouldn't say any of them were hard, but just fast paced. – less
Good company, office closed due to loss of major client.
Group Leader, Electrical & Instrument Design (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2013
Work and advancement went very well. Large projects ran smoothly with good lead engineers.
Good company, no issues
Training Administration Specialist (Current Employee), Ontario, NYNovember 14, 2013
Pros: organized and nice to work with over phone
Cons: personal career goals not really acknowledged.
I have very little contact but when I do and have questions, leaders are quick to respond with information that is helpful.
Business atmosphere
Supervise/Coordinator/Planner (Former Employee), Spring City, TnNovember 7, 2013
Professional group with a focused direction of the standards for high performance.

Day & Zimmermann Photos