Day & Zimmermann

Day & Zimmermann Employer Reviews

Relaxed place to work
Cost Analyst (Current Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 15, 2014
Very quiet office. Work independently daily with very little supervision. Like working with family.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: authority figure, uniforms
Cons: short lunch break
A typical day at work was checking identification, checking the perimeter, watching the monitor, and communicating over the radio.
Management was strict but fair.
Co worker were all on their own post.
There were no hard parts of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist people to the correct department.
Great place to work for, helped employees out when needed.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Southport, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Learned new things everyday and had great co-workers to work with.
Great People to work with
Site Safety Manager (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCSeptember 10, 2014
Job is coming to end need to find another, love the people long drive but with the pay is worth it.
The job itself is great!
Material Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Simpsonville Sealed Air PlantSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: can't leave plant & no affordable benefits
High pace work environment. Constant unloading of truck while answering the phone, and delivering to production. The management was not good and did not care about how hard the employees worked. There are many people that I have met and became friends with and there are some I would rather not speak to other than when I have to. I like to be surrounded by people who do their job and help others. The hardest part of the job is learning that some companies don't care how hard you work and how valuable you are. I love the people that I have met and I love the actual job.
Great Place to work
Drafter/Designer (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Great place to work, very welcoming enviroment to all

great leaders

uses both autocad and microstation
Fast Paced Working Environment
Staffing Administrator (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 31, 2014
I enjoyed working here. The environment is fast paced with typically a wide variety of tasks to be accomplished each day. I would recommend it.
Very productive workplace with nice hours.
Laborer (Former Employee), Lusby, MDJuly 18, 2014
Work was easily accomplished on most days, despite the immense heat and noise. Co-workers knew how to have fun at work safely while still getting the job done efficiently. The worst part of the job was no matter how much work you accomplished, if someone saw an individual(s) taking a break they assumed said individual(s) had done very little without confronting the individual(s) they witnessed, but instead took the issue straight to management who then chose to punish the individual(s) without question and with no one giving the workers the benefit of the doubt.
Difficult work but strive to learn more
Material Handler (Current Employee), lusby, MDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: learning new adventures everyday
Cons: during summer heat gets very hot in wharehouse
Typical day at work we field call in orders, run fork lifts, work directly with the Nuclear power plant to fill any part orders they may need. Learn a lot about how turbine motors work and all about radiation. Most enjoyable part of the job is coming in everyday and learning something new, never same thing repeated.
Laid Off
Explosive Operator (Former Employee), Parsons, KSJune 23, 2014
Hire you for what they need then will lay you off. Pay is good when they actually work you.
Rewarding & Challenging
Field Account Manager (Current Employee), New YorkJune 16, 2014
I have had an amazing 12+ years with D&Z. They took my diverse experience from my previous employer and channeled it into the position I have worked at all this time. I have managed multiple multimillion dollar sites and met a lot of amazing people both internally and externally. My current position wtih the company is managing a contract for a Nuclear Power Plant and the client, people, and work has been so rewarding. It is high paced, diverse, and challenging and I have grown and learn so much from my time here!
Executive Assistant
Senior E. Administrative Assistant to the owner (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2014
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant to the owner, President & CEO of Munitions & Government
Also provided comprehensive administrative support to the SVP Controller; General Counsel; VP of Human Resources
 Calls / Communications: Screened incoming calls for the President and SVP Controller. Managed complex and routine correspondence, including mail merge award letters for SAP project team. Designed and published the first issue of the Day & Zimmermann 101 educational newsletter using PowerPoint formatting.
 Calendar Management: Daily review and management of the President’s and SVP’s calendars. Arranged heavy volume of executive travel.
 SAP Data Entry & Approval: Entered time for three Executives into SAP. Approved time for 11 staff members. Created expense reports using SAP. Submitted both Expenses and invoices directly to the procurement team.
The company is ok
Laborer (Former Employee), Miami FLMay 15, 2014
They have favoritism but overall, they are fair. the co workers are ok to get along with.
Company with no future.
security inside and outside. (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: clean place to work, this was really provide by the customer.
Cons: supervisor was not on the job very often, and very aggressive toward male employees.
No future for this company, doomed to fail.
Poorly managed, low management skills and no training.
I had a good experience working at this company.
Fatigue Coordinator (Former Employee), PSLMay 14, 2014
I had a good experience working at this company. Great place to work.
the opportunity to learn and develop quals that can be useful and rewarding
Oconee Major Projects Coordinator (Current Employee), Seneca South CarolinaMay 14, 2014
Pros: good work enviorment
Cons: no recition for years of service
Run a team of 30 to 40 men on NFPA 805 mod
review POD report, any PIPs written in the last 24 hours
get work orders as are needed signed on and into working, prepare PJB and high risk tool brief
go out in the field and provide oversight and write FOBs on work activities that I observed.
Management is very supportive of all team activities and helps to get thethings needed to make not only our team but others sucessful.
Co- workers and the relationship with them is 4.0, we work well togather sharing resources as needed, share with each other OE from lessons learned on their work scopes.
Balancing trainning and the schedule to keep things going,
I have trainned 5 lead to be supervisiors, seeing folks on their climb is a great feeling
Temporary Work
Contact Foreman (Former Employee), Blair, NEApril 28, 2014
Pros: comfortable, allowed to listen to music while doing time entry
Cons: no benefits
Contracting to OPPD

Typical day would be from 7 in the morning till around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, entering in time data for the various craft on site.

Hardest part of the job was that it was temporary work and could be terminated at any time.

Best part of the job was 5 months later I was fully staffed on site.
Great company
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2014
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant to the President & CEO of Munitions & Government division
-Assisted divisional team: SVP Controller; General Counsel; SVP of Human Resources
 Confidentiality: Handled confidential sensitive information with discretion.
 Calls: Screened incoming calls for the President and SVP Controller.
 Correspondence: Assisted in creating mail merge letters for the Iowa office
 Newsletters: Assisted in designing the D&Z 101 divisional Newsletter using PowerPoint formatting.
 Calendar Management: Daily view of the President and SVP’s calendar. Set up meetings in Outlook.
 Time Entry & Approval: Entered time for three Executives. Approved time for 11 associates.
 Expenses / Invoices: Created expense reports using SAP. Submitted both Expenses and invoices direct to the procurement team.
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Memphis,TN; WisconsonFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: the implementation of programs to identify the numerous hazards.
I managed two projects for Day and zimmerman. One was a coal fired unit built in 1952. Every hazard a safety manager studies was involved. The other project was at a nuclear facility in Wisconson.
Large company with many opportunities for advance/
Manager, Meetings & Events (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: continuing education
Cons: lack of parking
My duties included over 100 meetings and events: off-site Executive Level Strategic Leadership events and meetings; executive-level Sales and Marketing meetings and events; nation-wide training meetings, along with inter-company meetings and events. Management and oversight of these meetings and events includes: scheduling and thorough planning for transportation, lodging, meeting space, AV, F&B, entertainment, and related destination management responsibilities. All contracts, negotiations and on-site coordination were my responsibility.

Day & Zimmermann Photos