Day & Zimmermann

Day & Zimmermann Employer Reviews

Productive, and understanding
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Gaston, SCOctober 18, 2013
Working with Day and Zimmerman I learned how to multi-task much better while maintaining a safe work area. The management team was very knowledgible and willing to help when situations arose with the machines. Co-workers were very friendly an safety awareness was priority number one. The hardest part about the job was only finishing the orders in the – more... shift but it was our team efforts that allowed us to do that. There were many things to like about working with Day and Zimmerman which makes it hard to pick just one, although I would say its that the Co-workers were willing to help and being friendly even if the task at hand was a hard one. – less
Very Nice enviroment to work in.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2013
The job was easy and sometimes the days where dragging and some times they went by fast. The coworkers were fun and enjoyable to work with. The managers were understandable and did anything to help you out with your schedule. Overall it was a good job.
Working with a team of others to ensure a safe enviroment.
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Former Employee), Ridgecrest, CASeptember 16, 2013
This job was also a memorable time of employment for me also. I enjoy the security field very much, the fact that I am familiar with firearms does help. With my training in the military and using firearms in my personnel I am very comfortable in my ability to use them. In the sense that I am part of a team that is responsible for keep people and property – more... safe gives me a great sense of pride in my self and the team I am working with. – less
Productive and Energetic place to work and gain experience
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Hollywood, ALSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: excellent salary
Cons: very low job security
A typical day at work for Day and Zimmerman will lead you in many directions. You will learn much and grow professionally with each new task you learn and master. There is room for advancement with Day and Zimmerman. You will learn to use your skills, senses, and think quickly on your feet.
Great Work
Teamster Truck Driver (Former Employee), Daisy, TNSeptember 9, 2013
Great Money
Only lasts a few months
great people
lots of outside work
weather permiting
They were good to their employees
Security Site Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 6, 2013
I worked for them for almost 12 years so I'd have to say they were a good company to work for until they were bought out by US Security.
like at home
Desktop Support Specialist - Intern (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: lunch & learn, conferences
Cons: security level is set too high
Working for D&Z can be only described as a family gathering with a purpose to gain profits and get the work done in our manner "We do what we say."
All Business
Sr. Piping Designer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2013
Pros: was able to work using pdms
Cons: short time there and i was out with no concern by employer
Don't make any mistakes or your out the door. Even if there was a lack of direction and no design guidlines you could be out on the street with no concern for your well being. I had a very good work ethic and did not clown around with others, on time everyday, never on my phone during work.

Part of working contract is that you could be out but usually – more... you are given 2 weeks which was not the case. – less
No place for advance
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2013
Cons: no breaks
The hardest part of the job is working in the elements. And being able to advance in the work place
Too much family hired.
Tool Room/Multi-craft/Maintenance/Elect/Welder (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great pay great hours
Cons: to much drama, to many family members side by side.
Great place to work, insurance not so good. However with that said to much family hired on this job site.
First experience with an established Engineering firm
Senior Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 15, 2013
Pros: working with old school/new school talents within a corporate structure
Cons: having to negotiate pelham rd. twice a day...
Ability to work independently on projects where goals were clearly outlined, but also working as part of a team to meet client expectations
great learning environment
Tool Room Attendant/ Firewatch/ Escort (Former Employee), Tonopah, AZJune 17, 2013
great place to learn new things and experience the nuclear industry.
good group of people
Sr. Piping Designer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 12, 2013
Pros: free coffee, tea etc.
Cons: contract employee
lots of 2D autocad work
lots of field work trips
good management, great core values,
overall rating is excellent
Senior Executive Support Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2013
Friendly people and atmosphere with a great work/life balance. A typical day at work depended on your schedule as long as you worked 8 hours or made up the time there weren't any issues.

Hardest part of the job was trying to get cross trained in other fields.
Coworkers are great, Management was decent.
Good Employer
Electrical Planner (Former Employee), FloridaMay 1, 2013
D&Z is a good employer and provides fair compensation! I would recommend them as a good employer.
great work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 8, 2013
this was a great work place because of the things I got to do, I was in the electrical maintenance field including instruments and electronic. This I really enjoied because of the mentors that I had to teach me.
Good salary, good recruiters
I&C Maintenance Specialist - Nuclear (Former Employee), Spring City, TNApril 6, 2013
Pros: good salary, good recruiters
Cons: no benefits package
As a nuclear I&C Planner, I was generally pleased with D&Z NPS. The salary was pretty decent but I had no benefits package during my tenure as a contractor. My recruiter was very friendly and good at placing candidates. My paycheck was always accurate and on time.
building scaffold was fun like build tree houses
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee), Upper Fruitland, NMMarch 2, 2013
 Arizona Public Service Overhaul Project. San Juan County
 Carpentry Scaffold Erector. Planning for safe scaffold build, also was the competent person for scaffold inspection, supervise apprentice carpenters and labors on my crew.
Productive and fun place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Parsons, KSJanuary 14, 2013
Keeping the needs of our military going. Always took care of employees.
enjoyed my job
Sergeant Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2013
a typical day at work included me handling employee paper work and doing a little security work. Hardest part of job was changing disciplinary conduct for co-workers