Day Kimball Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Small organization in Northeast CT
Director of Peri-Operative and MCH (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTDecember 1, 2015
There was a lot of quality support. The organization was a stand alone and had great maternity and surgical outcomes. While I was there I had great pleasure in being on the team for OR certification.
Overall a good place to work with great coworkers
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Behavioral HealthAugust 13, 2015
I enjoy coming to work each day and I have learned a tremendous amount about the Behavioral Health world. I have grown a biller and a professional.
My co-workers a understanding, professional and an asset to me.
the hardest part of my job and if I see a problem I like to fix it right awaya nd in a big corpoartion it sometimes takes time.
The best part of my job is the flexibity.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
health insurance is high.
Emergency Department
Patient Care Technician/Unit Receptionist EDt (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTMarch 30, 2016
I was a budget cut from the Maternal Child Health Unit and had a few options of what department to go to. I chose the Emergency Department because I knew it would a challenge and it also scared me. I worked 40 hours a week on nights. I learned a lot from performing EKG's, obtaining bloods and urines, performing point of care testing. I also loved the fact that the doctors loved to teach. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great team of doctors, nurses and other patient care techs.
Some of the hardest parts of my job would be pediatric deaths. Those always hurt the most, especially when you have to keep your poker face on during the whole code trying to save a child's life and then breaking down after the MD calls time of death. Also working third shift you have no resources like the other shift do, so we are doing more such as transports, housekeeping, and more patients with less Nurses, MDs and Techs.
Management at Day Kimball has been through many trials and errors. The new ED director just began working there in the past few months. Since being there I have had 2 other ED Nurse Directors. Each of them telling me certain things that one said I could do and other said I couldn't do, so the communication was poor.
Pros
Great MD's, Nurse's and Tech's to work with and learning a lot with trauma's, moderate sedation for reductions on limbs and a fast working enviorment.
Cons
Day Kimball is an excellent healthcare facility, I love it.
Network Technician II (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTDecember 5, 2014
my day consists of answering the help desk phones and attending to users computer related problems. many times this will involve other members of our infrastructure team. there are any number of issues and problems that could happen and we fight many fires during a typical day, we could be fighting computer viruses or configuring new equipment for a new medical office or installing new software to keep up with the current trends in medicine. there is always something that needs to be fixed or installed or taken care of in our IT department and there is never a dull moment. we have our own in-house phone system so this adds yet another layer of trouble shooting to the mix.
Pros
friendly staff and supportive management
Cons
budget constraints due to state cutbacks
Assisting Patients
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTAugust 15, 2014
Answering patient questions and concerns with their current. Set up patient with payment arrangements for upcoming procedures and past balances. Review accounts prior to going to collections or atty. Assisted atty's w/medical documents. Worked with Medical records on getting documents needed for up coming trials. Most enjoyable part is assisting patients with their needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management
very caring work enviroment and family friendly
Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTAugust 4, 2012
Over all i enjoyed working at Day Kimball ealth care. It was a fun enviroment and very kind staff there as well. Managment was fair and always tried there best to help. The hardest part of the job was to call a loved one for the bills due after they had passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone. I learned a lot about collections and insurance denials.
Pros
great food in the cafe and not that expensive
Cons
n/a
Positive and helpful employees
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE, MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CT 06260June 20, 2014
People are welcoming and eager to help which was one of the most enjoyable part of working there. I furthered my knowledge which in turn strengthened my skills.
Pros
shift and weekend differentials
A great Learning Experience!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CtOctober 8, 2014
Every day was different! You never knew where you were going to end up being the per diem employee. It made the job such a great place to learn and stay fresh.
Great Human Resources Department
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE, MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTAugust 11, 2014
Fellow employees are very nice and helpful. Staff is willing to help out each other for the most part. I learned some new skills on the job.
Productive and a great place for advancement
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  putnam, ctJanuary 29, 2014
It was a great place to work. There were places for advancement within the hospital. It is a great place to learn in the spectrum of how a hospital works.
A fantastic team of health care professionals
Hospice/Care of the Sick Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTMarch 26, 2014
As a life-long resident of Northeast Connecticut, Day Kimball Hospital has always been my community hospital of choice. I had dealt with many of Day Kimball Healthcare's managers when I was employed as an printing sales representative and was grateful to continue that relationship when I was hired as a CNA.

When I became involved in health care as an aide, I was hired as a Home Health Aide in the Hospice and HomeCare division. The support and training that I received as a new aide were vital to my confidence and success. My preceptor was a Certified Hospice Home Health Aide with over 30 years of experience. She continues to be a fabulous asset to that department!

I was privileged to work with a multidisciplinary team which included nurses, social workers, a chaplain, bereavement counselor and medical director. I learned a great deal from this collaborative approach and also from the in-service training and meetings we attended.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people with whom I worked and the families whose lives we were able to touch.