DAYBREAK COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 13, 2018
i love working with the clients. its never a dull moment working with them. they bring joy to your day, you get very close with them and treat them like they are your family or kids.
the job was fun beause of the Consumers
R R S (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Management made working there very stressful, they would talk down to there Employees and never told them they did a good Job. We were also never given a raise are Vacations.
Pros
brought my own lunch
Cons
no breaks
Great Place
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 29, 2018
This is a great place to work! People love what they do and love the people they care for! I had a lot of flexibility in my hours and I got to help people that needed help!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Can Be Challenging Work
I absolutely loved my clients and my priorities dealing with them only.
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJanuary 25, 2018
I absolutely love this line of work but poor work ethics will run you completely away. The facility I worked at was completely unorganized and it makes it that much harder for your work life.
Pros
The relationships you grow with the clients
Cons
Other Employees
Not writing a review
RSS (Former Employee) –  Belton, TexasJanuary 22, 2018
The consumer are great it's the job and management that need lots of work. There's no more for growth, only of your friends with management. You then excepted to help the person that has no idea how your department runs.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Field is worthwhile
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJanuary 11, 2018
If you enjoy helping people who are not able to help themselves then this job gives you that opportunity. You must be prepared for daily changes with people you work with and sometimes your co workers. It can be rewarding when you know you are appreciated by the people you serve but it would be nice if that was with management also,
Pros
People you serve
Cons
Pay and lack of accountability for upper management
strong minded need to apply
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TX 75146October 12, 2017
arrive to work and assist residents with everyday living, you will learn how to interact with the different personalities, I love to see the simplest things put a smile on their face.
Pros
eat with the residents
Cons
healthcare
Poor wages and lack of respect
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 5, 2017
I loved working with the individuals themselves but the management at this location is as shady as they come. The money was horrible, there was no consistency with standards, the director yells at staff and is rude. They promise you the world when they interview you but you never see it. The health benefits are the worst I have ever encountered. And except for one or two at the management level they do not care at all about staff. Also the Nurses at the Dayhab are some of the rudest people I have ever met!
Pros
The clients
Cons
Poor pay, horrible benefits, unprofessional management
Productive great workplace rewarding
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Great job. Very rewarding. There was a lot to learn when starting this job. I learned so much and management was phenomenal. Overall great job to work at.
Pros
Great workplace
friendly workplace
Resident Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 30, 2017
This company gave me my first glance at what the medical and nursing field really consists of. I learned to care for those less fortunate than me. I became very sensitive to the needs of the disabled and felt it important to treat them with the utmost care.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
not enough pay
not a great company to work for
Residential Manger/Direct care (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
had to go prn for this company its ran on friendship/kinship not on hard working employees this is just not were a person trying to grow within a company should be
Pros
the residents
Cons
the mangement
I grew as a person here
Lead Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 3, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about this agency. They really put me on the map and helped me become the Christian I am today. Had I not worked there, I might be a different person today.
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
Daybreak
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 3, 2017
This company provides home care for adults with Intellectual Disability. For some it means living in a supervised living home with a live in staff where they can learn and develop independent living skills.
Pros
great opportunity to work with adults with I.D.
Cons
poor health insurance coverage
Gets the job Done
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 26, 2017
Daybreak has done very well in giving me the best employee experience it has to offer. Very warming company to work for with the friendliest staff you can ever have the pleasure of working with. Needing career advancement that is not currently offered.
Stay away from ft.worth office
Home Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 23, 2017
I was a home coordinator for daybreak. This was one of the worst places that I have ever work. I loved the individuals who I cared for and it was a blessing to serve them. The pay/benefits were not up to par. The turnover rate is out of control. Too much gossip and office personnel not professional at all. The ft.worth office needs restructuring to the 5th power. Individuals are not cared for as dads standards. Be careful if you work there. Cameras do not work in any of the homes. If your loved ones are residing there please check on them as much as possible.
Pros
Individuals are so sweet
Cons
Pay/benefits
The San Angelo office is horrible!
Staff (Former Employee) –  SanAngeloJuly 6, 2017
I would not suggest this employer to anyone. Always under staffed and the management can not seem to handle the jobs they are given. The poor individuals are forced to attend a dayhab that is hot and dirty. The nursing staff is nowhere near professional on any level. The turn over for employees is astranomical and benefits and wages are below standards. Do yourself a favor and pass this place up on your job hunt.
Pros
No pros to this place!
They try
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 5, 2017
Daybreak takes care of special need individuals. They provide well for their housing and general welfare. The management and residential care people are all overworked. There are a lot of attitudes here.
Pros
great health care benifits and decent pay
Cons
not enough employees
accecptable
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2017
this company is an ok place to work for however, the people in the office are very unorganized and due to experience i feel as if they have identity issues.
Reproductive on the job
Home Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Daybreak wichita falls texasJune 4, 2017
I like working around good and honest people i would be a good candidate for the position im a people persons. Im very reliable getting to work on time and formost im good in what i do very respectful.
Pros
Cons
No raise
Great work place just not much pay
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXMay 8, 2017
Good place to work just communicattion sucks love the job taking care of the mental ly challenged I'm a house manager but I work to many hrs here still having trouble paying bills
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Commutation sucks