DAYBREAK COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

Client orientated,
Home Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 1, 2016
I would send my loved one there,if I needed too.

Too much paper work, and not enough time spent with Clients.

In general good company to work for,just watch your back around certain people
Pros
Client orientated
Cons
untrustworthy some employees
Inconsistencies across the board
. (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2015
The company itself provides great services for people with disabilities.

They offer low pay and terrible benefits with very little chance of getting a raise. There is also a large turn-over rate.

Management and supervisors are unprofessional and are inconsistent at the corporate office.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
pay and benefits
not so financially stable solution
Appointment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 4, 2015
over all working with the disabled community is a great thing and the company is awesome for what they provide, however the responsibilities dictated and the compensation for work is unbalanced overwhelmingly! along with unreliable management and very unprofessional environment
Pros
hands on active job
Cons
one man band is normally how you have to work
Great Place to Work
Direct Support Professional (DSP)/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 11, 2015
Wonderful place to work, management is very supportive, they have and doexcercise a great open door policy. Promote a fun but professional work enviroment, very family oriented.
poor excuse for a business
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 6, 2015
do not work for this place, its a poor place to work and you will get screwed over. take it from someone who recently worked their.
Great People and casual atmosphere
Office Manager/Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 11, 2015
I have loved working with our individuals and I believe in the purpose of Daybreak in a community.

It is a true "Team" environment
Working to provide a better life for those with disablities
Office Manager/Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 20, 2015
It is a relaxed and rewarding place to work. There are strict guidelines for care but that just makes it an even better place to work.
Productive and an enjoyable place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pickup Clients from Dayhab, Return to there home and assist with any medications, cooking meals, assist with evening routines and classes. Enjoyed working with coworkers and clients.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no benefits
Love to help special needs!
Rss (Former Employee) –  Mexia, TXMay 15, 2014
Getting this job was a blessing for me! After getting trained for this job I didn't think that I was going to keep it, but after I got into the house and was learning how the women reacted to me being there care giver, I stayed longer then what I thought I was going too.. After I get all my legal actions taken care of I would like to go back which I have looked into and I am rehire able.... The only thing is now that I have relocated would have to see if they have a company that is almost the same as daybreak!
Pros
can take breaks when u want.
Cons
background checks for your aniversary of your hire date. shouldn't matter what happens at home
Daybreak
RSS (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 20, 2014
I enjoyed my job at Daybreak because I like to help others and that was my main and only responsibility within this field but it was general, so helping could consist of various different things. The management to me, could have been more involved and the company as a whole could be a bit more organized but overall my experience was ok.
Pros
independent work, flexibility
Cons
organization
Would not recommend.
RN (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 3, 2013
Poor management. Interested only in the money,not the individuals they serve. Compensation promises not kept. Huge turnover of nurses and Support Managers. Very disorganized. If you do go to work for them, get everything in writing and keep copies of all e-mails for your own protection. Some very good direct care staff, but also more medication errors than I have seen at one place in decades in the field. Expected to work 12 hours a day on salary. Lack of support system. Had to provide my own office supplies. Heat in offices does not work. Lack of oversight and follow-up by supervisors and corporate office.
Pros
some good staff in office and in homes.
Cons
extremely poor management and huge turn-over rate.
Fun environment on most days
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2012
A typical day consisted of doing all deep cleaning around the house, checking in on the clients while they were asleep. In the mornings I would have to wake them up and get them ready for the day.This included getting them dressed, making sure they ate breakfast, administering medications, and transporting them to main facility.
Pros
set shift, pto
Cons
pay, management, very difficult to advance in the company
Productive Busy Place
Assist the consumers (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 16, 2012
A day at work is pretty much the way you make. It a new surprise everyday you never know whats going to go on. The consumers are such a joy to work with. I have learned how to work with people with disabled, and mentally disorders. The management is very good. The hardest job is you never what the day is gonna be like. The most enjoyable part is that you learn something new about the people you care for everytday.
benefits
Never again
house staff (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 13, 2013
i have worked for this company 2 times and both times saw poor management, low pay(less than area McDonald's), no compassion for clients or employees and benefits were useless. Very high turn over in house staff due to all things listed above. the day hab does nothing with clients but sit them in a room with coloring pages and movies on the tv.
Pros
diehards are good people
Cons
everything about the company
Unprofessional and poor management
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  BryanMay 30, 2014
Do not work for this company. If you do, you want be there long. The clients you work for were wonderful but the management and staff were only in for the money. You don't get enough training and they will take anyone off the street tor direct care of the clients. The staff were very unprofessional.
Pros
clients
Cons
staff
Professional staff but inconsistancies with different branches.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 12, 2014
I enjoyed working there but as far as the different cities each nursing staff was using inconsistant forms and ways of teaching caregivers.
Like Sailing a Sinking Ship with no backing from Management.
Residential Service Staff/Home Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 2, 2015
Daybreak's management and communication is extremely lacking. They flat out have lied to Consumers and staff and even consumer's parents about what they SAY they are going to do and whether or not it actually gets done.

There was a plumbing problem at a Group home that went on for three months and was not fixed promptly. This caused black mold to grow in the laundry room and back foyer area of the house.

That is just one of the many examples on how management works with their maintenance crew. Things don't get done how they're supposed to be, and the management doesn't even know what the maintenance staff are doing half the time.

Furthermore, when it comes to safety, They seem to put their morals aside for a paycheck. A consumer was assaulted by a stranger when he ran off from a group home, and instead of telling the parents the truth; that he is not safe there, they do everything they can, in order to keep him there when his behavior required a placement in the State School. But hey, thats not OUR call to make. We just work with the Consumers and know them better than management does... but its not our call to make.

Moving on, being in a management position and running a group home does NOT pay off in the short or long run. It is amazing how Daybreak has managed to keep Employees as Home Coordinators for the years that they have. Due to the extreme behavioral conditions of the consumers that live in the group homes, and the unwillingness of the management to deal with it: Remove them from the home, House managers do NOT get paid enough to deal with all of the
  more... responsibilities AND deal with the consumers on a daily basis.

Being on call makes Work/life balance impossible.

Because of one of the aforementioned scenarios, This company is going downhill fast, and its best to stay clear of it.
Pros
IF you get in a good House there is a lot of free time, Consumers and co-workers can become good friends
Cons
Not paid enough no matter what position, The Shift's hours can get in the way of your life, Bad commmunication, Bad Management, Mismanagement, Lack of thorough training
Fun workplace
Direct Support Staff / Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 24, 2013
Meet a lot of different people, stayed busy so it made the day go by alot faster. I had learn fast and keep up even fast.. This job kept me full of energy and taught me how to always keep a smile on my face.
Pros
everything
Cons
pay
Good company to work for.
Dayhab Director (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 13, 2012
The hardest part of the job was dealing with so many different mental conditions. The best part was when you have spent alot of time training someone and then they get it. It's a great feeling.
Do not work for this company
LVN (Former Employee) –  DetonOctober 11, 2012
Management is very unprofessional all ways fighting over power. Not very good company to work for very high turn over in their facilities.