DAYBREAK COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Not a good company
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 19, 2017
Daybreak don't appreciate any of there workers including office positions.daybreak is not reporting all incidents that occur. I feel sorry for individuals.
Pros
No prod
Cons
Bad company
poor management
Management (Former Employee) –  Undisclosed, texasMarch 27, 2017
I turned down other, better jobs to work for daybreak because I love helping others and knew I would have a lot of experience and skills to offer this company. I was only there for a week and came into work one morning and was told to clean out my office. The boss said she didn't have time to explain why or listen to me. I was only told I wasn't suppose to perform certain job duties until fully trained, despite my supervisor telling me to do so. There was never corrective action or verbal direction. I had no clue this was going to happen.
Pros
Pay, the sweet clients
Cons
The management
Would not recommend anyone work for this company
Direct Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2017
working for daybreak was not exactly a good experience the management was not on point the clients were not treated correctly as to DADS standard I wouldn't go back to work for them.
a growing company
Account payable specialist (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed working there knowing that I was helping people in needs. I discovered Great Plains. There is not a lot of processes in place because it is a growing company and it is difficult for me to work like that.
Worst company
WEC (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXDecember 29, 2016
I work for SCI but daybreak bought us out and took over. It was a wonderful company that cared about the clients and staff. Once daybreak took over all that completely changed. They care more about the money than they do the clients we serve. They cut our pay and hours. My last day will be the 15th of January. Its been a heart breaking decision to leave after 4 years of employment. I was always so proud to say where I worked and what I did but not so much anymore. I'm so going to miss all my coworkers and clients but I just can't continue to work there now that they have cut our pay.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Thet do not care about the workers. Pay
Very rewarding job
Residential manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 24, 2016
Pay should be more,But state guidelines just don't allow much, very rewarding career if this is the kind of work you can do, It's not for everyone
Pros
Great individuals to care for
Fun, tough, and worth it
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at the office, as some would say. There's no such thing as a good or bad day when you are working with IDD (Individuals with Developmental Disabilities). Every day you had to walk on eggshells, but that's what I loved most about this job. I never knew what kind of day I was going to get from any one of the patients.

I most definitely have nothing negative to say about any of my co-workers, some I still see on a daily basis. This job is what the ideal "office job" would be for me. I loved it there.
greedy, absusive to employees
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 5, 2016
They do not care about employees, too much drama on the management level. They are not a good company to work for on any level
Pros
you are able to interact with special needs people
Cons
they yell, threten and bully staff, bad insurance on the direct care level
Unspoken gratitude
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TX 76028June 6, 2016
Working in this field has made it seem like no one really appreciates you but leaving the company for a brief 6 months and having an almost immediate re-hire made it seem like all the time I had spent with the company really was appreciated. The hardest part about the job is to not get emotionally drawn when working with the individuals.
Pros
Flexible working of shifts
Cons
none to really state
High Stress Job
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 16, 2016
This job is difficult at times, mainly like babysitting adults that have difficulty with daily task or mentally comprehending social activities. At the end of your shift you have a daily "diary" type essay of what happened with each client that you have to document, along with meds, meals, cleaning, transportation, and the clients daily needs.
Pros
Lot of hours, Flexible hours, and Over time Available
Cons
High Stress Job
Client orientated,
Home Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 1, 2016
I would send my loved one there,if I needed too.

Too much paper work, and not enough time spent with Clients.

In general good company to work for,just watch your back around certain people
Pros
Client orientated
Cons
untrustworthy some employees
Like Sailing a Sinking Ship with no backing from Management.
Residential Service Staff/Home Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 2, 2015
Daybreak's management and communication is extremely lacking. They flat out have lied to Consumers and staff and even consumer's parents about what they SAY they are going to do and whether or not it actually gets done.

There was a plumbing problem at a Group home that went on for three months and was not fixed promptly. This caused black mold to grow in the laundry room and back foyer area of the house.

That is just one of the many examples on how management works with their maintenance crew. Things don't get done how they're supposed to be, and the management doesn't even know what the maintenance staff are doing half the time.

Furthermore, when it comes to safety, They seem to put their morals aside for a paycheck. A consumer was assaulted by a stranger when he ran off from a group home, and instead of telling the parents the truth; that he is not safe there, they do everything they can, in order to keep him there when his behavior required a placement in the State School. But hey, thats not OUR call to make. We just work with the Consumers and know them better than management does... but its not our call to make.

Moving on, being in a management position and running a group home does NOT pay off in the short or long run. It is amazing how Daybreak has managed to keep Employees as Home Coordinators for the years that they have. Due to the extreme behavioral conditions of the consumers that live in the group homes, and the unwillingness of the management to deal with it: Remove them from the home, House managers do NOT get paid enough to deal with all of the
  more... responsibilities AND deal with the consumers on a daily basis.

Being on call makes Work/life balance impossible.

Because of one of the aforementioned scenarios, This company is going downhill fast, and its best to stay clear of it.
Pros
IF you get in a good House there is a lot of free time, Consumers and co-workers can become good friends
Cons
Not paid enough no matter what position, The Shift's hours can get in the way of your life, Bad commmunication, Bad Management, Mismanagement, Lack of thorough training
Great Place to Work
Direct Support Professional (DSP)/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 11, 2015
Wonderful place to work, management is very supportive, they have and doexcercise a great open door policy. Promote a fun but professional work enviroment, very family oriented.
poor excuse for a business
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 6, 2015
do not work for this place, its a poor place to work and you will get screwed over. take it from someone who recently worked their.
Inconsistencies across the board
. (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2015
The company itself provides great services for people with disabilities.

They offer low pay and terrible benefits with very little chance of getting a raise. There is also a large turn-over rate.

Management and supervisors are unprofessional and are inconsistent at the corporate office.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
pay and benefits
not so financially stable solution
Appointment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 4, 2015
over all working with the disabled community is a great thing and the company is awesome for what they provide, however the responsibilities dictated and the compensation for work is unbalanced overwhelmingly! along with unreliable management and very unprofessional environment
Pros
hands on active job
Cons
one man band is normally how you have to work
Great People and casual atmosphere
Office Manager/Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 11, 2015
I have loved working with our individuals and I believe in the purpose of Daybreak in a community.

It is a true "Team" environment
Working to provide a better life for those with disablities
Office Manager/Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 20, 2015
It is a relaxed and rewarding place to work. There are strict guidelines for care but that just makes it an even better place to work.
Productive and an enjoyable place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pickup Clients from Dayhab, Return to there home and assist with any medications, cooking meals, assist with evening routines and classes. Enjoyed working with coworkers and clients.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
No benefits
Professional staff but inconsistancies with different branches.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 12, 2014
I enjoyed working there but as far as the different cities each nursing staff was using inconsistant forms and ways of teaching caregivers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAYBREAK COMMUNITY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1