Daybreak Venture, LLC Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Very fast paced and friendly environment. Employees are very helpful and friendly. Company appreciates employees and continues to help improve work experiences.
Good company with good incentives
COTA (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I relocated, otherwise I would work for them again if needed. Decent incentives and good co-workers. Good management.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Management changed frequently
learned alot
Activity director and assisted in business office (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 23, 2017
at daybreak i learned a lot I was allowed to work and train for another. friendly environment great residents. they have many homes so you can transfer between them. they are a corporation so there is good and bad to that.
I liked working for Daybreak Venture
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 17, 2017
Daybreak Venture is a great company to work for. I have worked for Daybreak since 2012 and am stilling working for them as an interim administrator. Their salaries and benefits are excellent and each nursing facilities' recreates their own work environment.
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
Sometime I've had to re-locate but that alright.
Great opportunites
District Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2017
This company treated me like family. They gave me a lot of opportunity in a very short amount of time. I learned more about Texas Medicaid at this job than any other I've had. I learned how to manage all different types of people, their needs and personalities. The hardest part of this job was dealing with families and the sorrow they experienced having to place a loved one in a facility. The most enjoyable was interacting with all of the wonderful residents.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
vacation outline
poor administartion
Regional Reimbursement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 13, 2017
not a very good company, wants the most rewarding outcomes with very little input for success, management on all levels operate off the buddy and family system.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
horrible
nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2017
This is a horrible company to work for. Corporate employees are inexperienced people who are clueless about their positions. There is no support for people working in the facilities. Turnover is always very high.
Great
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2017
It was a great experience. I had the pleasure of working with hard, driven people. My facility was all about teamwork and I very much appreciated that. Everyone was always so willing and I have no complaints.
ENJOYABLE work place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 9, 2017
Some of the best people I've worked with. There was never a dull moment, rather with co-workers or other employees. I enjoyed my job and everything I did.
horrible company
Tier 1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 3, 2017
company was probably one of the worst i worked for. employees weren't cared for. I've seen plenty of people come and go. CEO seemed to care more about his image than the company
Very good company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Daybreak Venture LLC is a large healthcare company with thousands of employees. It is a very down to earth family oriented company. Management has an open door policy, and they are willing to go the extra mile for their employees.
Pros
Managment is understanding and flexible, competetive salary and benefits
Terrible experience!
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2016
Was fired after three weeks on the job with a skeleton orientation that had nothing to reflect corporate culture, values or ethics. NO training for my position just a constant reactive attempt to put out fires only to be told I couldn't keep up with the pace. Secure unit had residents with dangerous behaviors and NO specialized training and usually understaffed to boot. One of the residents with major cognitive decline who was violently resistive to care was still being skilled for physical therapy. I was sufficiently concerned about my own license that I had packed my personal effects the night before I was fired in anticipation of resigning the next day. The administrator is very young, bright, and a good person but has to dance an unholy dance to the tune of her executive director. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Residents and a core group of housekeeping, nursing, and dietary staff.
Cons
Uninspired leadership.
empoyee
Someone with morals (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 2, 2016
There is a reason why Daybreak does not drug test their employees. Staff comes to work bragging about how high they are. Nurses fall asleep at the desk. Patients fall out of bed, and the aides are told to just put them back to bed, without any assessment. Drug deals are made in the kitchen. Mold is VISIBLE in the bathroom and oxygen storage room. State is no help either. It seems that NO ONE truly cares for these patients. The few staff members that have compassion for the residents, and TRY to talk to the administration, are punished. The dope smokers are told by the administration "watch your back." Daybreak has too many facilities and they are ALL in poor condition. THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN! The CEO should face criminal charges!
Cons
Everything!!
Daybreak was a wonderful Company and I enjoyed working there.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Mills, TXMay 18, 2016
Good place to work. I liked the interaction with the residents and staff. Great people! The Administrator was great to work for, I learned to work with Medicare and Medicaid and Insurance Companies which was the hardest part of my job as Business Office Manager. I loved the interaction with the residents and their families more than anything.
Pros
The people, residents and staff
Cons
residents passing away was the hardest.
Facility poorly managed by inexperienced managers. They are not resident friendly nor do they respect residents dignity.
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Comfort, TXApril 20, 2016
Facility poorly managed. Administration is rude to residents and families. Staff is treated poorly, resulting in high turnover
Pros
Facility was small and close to home.
Cons
Poor management, and they do not take care of employees
The Pay Isn't Worth the Heartache!
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Central, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I was a Charge Nurse in one of the facilities for a number of years. There's a big problem with ethics that surrounds this company from the corporate office and on down the ladder. The employees that aren't in the corporate office or an administrative position are seriously under valued. The staff that work the hardest are the least appreciated, and EXPECTED to carry the weight of the lazy and stagnant staff members. There are no consequences to doing the wrong thing, and upper administration were so petty that the patients needs were often overlooked or not addressed. Corporate ONLY CARES ABOUT THE MONEY! I stayed because I cared about the patents. But, the overall oppression and unappreciation that I felt as a nurse had me burnt out and questioning my career choice. "We Care" should be changed to "We don't give a flip"!
Pros
Patients and their families
Cons
Everything else
it really has gone down the drain
lampstand nursing rehab (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 4, 2016
I love my job I've been there a year but its just my co-workers don't work as a team its every man for themselves the manager don't have her employee back at times she's lazy its really sad
Pros
free benifits
Cons
no teamwork
Family owned company with a real need for change!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 6, 2015
Daybreak fails to make any significant changes in the care of residents. There are numerous consultants that are stretched across Texas so they can do very little to enforce any major changes. Therefore, repeatedly they have been sued due to the neglect of residents. Recent layoffs were based on your relationship with the family and not what you actually contributed to the company. Many that remain at the corporate level are incompetent, inexperienced, uneducated and just lazy. This appears to be the root cause of their financial issues. In addition, they use your expense reimbursements as a short term loan for them to continue operating. Get it together Daybreak!
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Expense reimbursments takes months!
Worst company I've EVER worked for in 20 years of nursing!
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Italy, TXNovember 3, 2015
Poor management!
Don't care about staff or residents safety!
They will cut EVERY possible corner!
They pay the best...because they have to!!
Short staffed on purpose!
Want you to work sick...will tell you I don't care!
You better watch your back!
Pros
Cons
Always short staffed! on purpose!
Hard working Charge Nurses, CNA shortage
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXAugust 15, 2015
I would start my day doing ambassador rounds, then would attend morning meeting, followed by clinical meeting. Then I would start my job by gathering all my information and charts needed for MDS I was working on. On Thursday I had care plan meetings starting after clinical meeting, and at times had to rearrange them for the afternoon or on telephone to accommodate family members.