Daybreak Venture, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible experience!
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2016
Was fired after three weeks on the job with a skeleton orientation that had nothing to reflect corporate culture, values or ethics. NO training for my position just a constant reactive attempt to put out fires only to be told I couldn't keep up with the pace. Secure unit had residents with dangerous behaviors and NO specialized training and usually understaffed to boot. One of the residents with major cognitive decline who was violently resistive to care was still being skilled for physical therapy. I was sufficiently concerned about my own license that I had packed my personal effects the night before I was fired in anticipation of resigning the next day. The administrator is very young, bright, and a good person but has to dance an unholy dance to the tune of her executive director. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Residents and a core group of housekeeping, nursing, and dietary staff.
Cons
Uninspired leadership.
empoyee
Someone with morals (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 2, 2016
There is a reason why Daybreak does not drug test their employees. Staff comes to work bragging about how high they are. Nurses fall asleep at the desk. Patients fall out of bed, and the aides are told to just put them back to bed, without any assessment. Drug deals are made in the kitchen. Mold is VISIBLE in the bathroom and oxygen storage room. State is no help either. It seems that NO ONE truly cares for these patients. The few staff members that have compassion for the residents, and TRY to talk to the administration, are punished. The dope smokers are told by the administration "watch your back." Daybreak has too many facilities and they are ALL in poor condition. THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN! The CEO should face criminal charges!
Cons
EVERYTHING!!
Daybreak was a wonderful Company and I enjoyed working there.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Mills, TXMay 18, 2016
Good place to work. I liked the interaction with the residents and staff. Great people! The Administrator was great to work for, I learned to work with Medicare and Medicaid and Insurance Companies which was the hardest part of my job as Business Office Manager. I loved the interaction with the residents and their families more than anything.
Pros
The people, residents and staff
Cons
residents passing away was the hardest.
The Pay Isn't Worth the Heartache!
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Central, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I was a Charge Nurse in one of the facilities for a number of years. There's a big problem with ethics that surrounds this company from the corporate office and on down the ladder. The employees that aren't in the corporate office or an administrative position are seriously under valued. The staff that work the hardest are the least appreciated, and EXPECTED to carry the weight of the lazy and stagnant staff members. There are no consequences to doing the wrong thing, and upper administration were so petty that the patients needs were often overlooked or not addressed. Corporate ONLY CARES ABOUT THE MONEY! I stayed because I cared about the patents. But, the overall oppression and unappreciation that I felt as a nurse had me burnt out and questioning my career choice. "We Care" should be changed to "We don't give a flip"!
Pros
Patients and their families
Cons
Everything else
it really has gone down the drain
lampstand nursing rehab (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 4, 2016
I love my job I've been there a year but its just my co-workers don't work as a team its every man for themselves the manager don't have her employee back at times she's lazy its really sad
Pros
free benifits
Cons
no teamwork
Family owned company with a real need for change!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 6, 2015
Daybreak fails to make any significant changes in the care of residents. There are numerous consultants that are stretched across Texas so they can do very little to enforce any major changes. Therefore, repeatedly they have been sued due to the neglect of residents. Recent layoffs were based on your relationship with the family and not what you actually contributed to the company. Many that remain at the corporate level are incompetent, inexperienced, uneducated and just lazy. This appears to be the root cause of their financial issues. In addition, they use your expense reimbursements as a short term loan for them to continue operating. Get it together Daybreak!
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Expense reimbursments takes months!
Worst company I've EVER worked for in 20 years of nursing!
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Italy, TXNovember 3, 2015
Poor management!
Don't care about staff or residents safety!
They will cut EVERY possible corner!
They pay the best...because they have to!!
Short staffed on purpose!
Want you to work sick...will tell you I don't care!
You better watch your back!
Pros
Cons
Always short staffed! on purpose!
Hard working Charge Nurses, CNA shortage
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXAugust 15, 2015
I would start my day doing ambassador rounds, then would attend morning meeting, followed by clinical meeting. Then I would start my job by gathering all my information and charts needed for MDS I was working on. On Thursday I had care plan meetings starting after clinical meeting, and at times had to rearrange them for the afternoon or on telephone to accommodate family members.
Very profit driven
Director of Rehab, Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 18, 2015
A very profit-driven and "bottom-line" company. Their core values state patients first, however, productivity is more driven "behind the scenes."
Worst nursing experience
LVN (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TxFebruary 25, 2015
This was my first nursing job straight out of school. Training consisted of following another new nurse around for 2 days. No formal training at all! No direct deposit. I was asked several times to clock out and continue working by my DON because of our census. My ADON told me he would never hire another nurse from my school. There were never enough cnas. Pts would go days without showering because there wasn't an aide. My DON asked me to lie to the state about having hot water. The only positive about this job was the sweet patients.
Pros
sweet patients
Cons
no direct deposit, no benefits, no respect
Good Company
Regional Dietitian Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denton TexasFebruary 17, 2015
I manage a total of 6 dietary manager. One for each building. I monitor weight system, budget and clinical compliance. This job is not difficult but you must have a lot of patience because your outcomes are dependent on the type of work provided by the different buildings. The most enjoyable thing about this job having a flexible schedule.
Cons
no bonus plan
mostly family oriented and usualky flexible
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  texasJanuary 4, 2015
The company motto is"Do The Right Thing" which the company largly trys to do at all times. I have worked for many companies and must say rhat this one is by far the best. I look forward to seeing it grow as the years go by. That being said pay could be better especially for the line staff.
Pros
family atmosphere, lots of communication betweem staff, residents and family
Cons
pay could be better especially for line staff.
If you live close to Denton, this is the place for you
G/L Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 30, 2014
Overall Daybreak provides a good life work balance. If you live close to Denton, this would be a good place to work.
poorly managed
abom (Current Employee) –  east texasOctober 3, 2014
This company's slogan is "We Care". This slogan is a joke. I have seen staffing for each hall cut to bare minimum's and our residents have suffered from this. The staff is told by corporate and the RDO that they are replaceable nearly weekly and then management wonders why everyone is unhappy and leaving.
Cons
terrible benefits, no training, poor management
Disappointing
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 12, 2014
I loved the facility I worked for but the staff had been there for a long time. The work environment was not the greatest. It was hard to succeed because everyone was friends outside of work so no one did the right thing. No matter how hard a person worked if they didn't like you there was no way to be successful. Leadership get information from the community to hold against you and then they are bold enough to tell you. No one has come into this building to really see what is going on inside. Nurses neglecting patients. Not changing wound for days at a time. When corrected they run to corporate. Everyone is cool until you have to correct them for things they clearly was wrong for. When you have a high turnaround of leadership in the same place you should wonder what is going on. The company overall is good, but when broken down into facilities they do what they want and how they want.
Pros
not a lot of residents in the building but plenty of staff
Cons
poor management
Satisfying Job without having constant supervision
Regional Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX 76201March 1, 2014
Have a set of jobs that have to be completed on a monthly basis. We have month end close around the 5th business day the following month, making sure all is in order with your homes (each accountant has approximately 23 homes) creating adjustments for each facility as needed. Any items needed by various departments we then relay messages accordingly and get the needed information from these varying departments. The next issues are specific jobs each accountant has, mine is reconciling AP & PR Bank for the nursing facilities we manage & completing Fixed Assets reconciliation.
Pros
large company, with small company feel, get your work done all is good.
Cons
certain areas have a 'me' attitude, but we recently started a program to hopefully fix this.
Very friendly company but having financial issues.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Central to Coastal TexasNovember 15, 2013
The corporate culture is friendly and welcoming. The LTC industry is facing more Medicare and Medicaid cut backs and money is tight. There is little room for growth and lay offs may be pending.
Pros
friendy loyal company
Cons
lack of funds means pay cut backs and loss of holidays.
Caucasion Male Company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Ft WorthOctober 15, 2013
Company does not hire anyone other than Caucasian Males. Company is declining fast!!! Not stable
This was my life my second home away from home.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 26, 2012
I loved answering the phone all the people I met,distributing mail and delivering packages from ups and fedex.Taking msgs,doing unemployment claims,so much more.
The click of the building
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXMay 23, 2012
Hard building to manage due to local physicians view on company; had to provide own PC and printer; Regionals constantly change and their plan of correction is to terminate Admin. to save their own job; Corp. level does not investigate thoroughly complaints and then it is retaliated upon; hard workers; residents are wonderful; Regionals pressure to change RUG levels when there is no supporting documentation; enjoyable part of job was implementing culture change and family council; facility underwent Change of ownership
Pros
good benefits
Cons
senior managment is not involved, very retalitory mentality

2.3