DAYBREAK Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Career Path Student - Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 9, 2017
I worked there for 6 months, I very much enjoyed it, I was there as a career path student doing maintenance. The person i was working under was a great teacher. There wasn't really ever a dull moment working for them. Most of the staff is very friendly, and the potlucks were fun. I mostly enjoyed fixing everything and learning new things at the same time.
Pros
Friendly staff, Great learning experience, Interesting people
Caring facilities
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXDecember 14, 2016
A day at work with Daybreak, is typically long. Learning how to multitask progressively and correctly is the key. Management is always available for nay issues and or to lend a helping hand. Co-workers really play an important role on duty. Hardest part of the job is having an unhappy client. The part that makes it the most enjoyable, is knowing your helping someone, who cannot help themselves.
productive and loved job
direct care staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 16, 2017
feed guys
bath all
keep pampers dry and clean
do laundry
keep on scheduals
give meds
give peg tube feedings
paperwork
and sign and initial mars
take to hospital when needed
Pros
my guys a moment with them was truely a blessing
Cons
the management they didnt listen to you or help when asked
Compassion for residents is outstanding
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXDecember 5, 2016
Ok company, coworkers come and go, management needs improvement excel in some errors lack in others. Hardest part of the job is not getting paid what you should. Most enjoyable part of the job is being with consumers.
Pros
Happy Consumer
Cons
Pay
Daybreak is a heartfelt job
Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 24, 2017
I loved this job being involved in special unique individuals life. It builds understanding as well as character being at a job with purpose. Not just a job but a family oriented environment.
Mission
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 13, 2017
You have the pleasure to help people on all levels. You work around Nuns so the atmosphere is great. People from all walks of life visit Monday-Friend.
Pros
Makes you a better person
heartwarming
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2017
socialize with the homeless.Cook and serve meals for them. Create items and goods with them to help provide for themselves.
Pros
Cons
loud outside noises
Enjoy the Clients
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 6, 2015
Working with the clients is great. I love caring and helping them out. From making breakfast, to pass out medication to my clients is awesome. Providing the elderly and disabled is very awarding and life changing. Gives you an outlook on your life and how people can take the simple things for granted. I have the greatest Supervisor she is very understanding and quick with anything that i need taking care of. My clients is what motivates me to come to work every day, but i still have a family to care for and i need better pay with better benefits.
Pros
perfect work schedule
Cons
no breaks
productive workplace
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 30, 2014
a typical day at work was great being able to go in and get right to business without having to be told . i learned alot about people and how to take care of different type of people. management should be more understanding and honest . the coworkers were awesome no problems with coworkers . the hardest part of the job was management the most enjoyable part was working with the clients
Pros
the clients, learning new things
Cons
management no raises and no benefits
good to place to work overall
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Waupun, WIMay 15, 2013
Good work/life balance
Benefits no medical insurance offered
generous sick and vacation time
job security is good
Values are respected
No room for advancement
Pros
Generous sick and vacation time
Cons
no health insurance. Weekends and holidays may be required
Emotionally & Mentally Rewarding Experience
Receptionist & Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 1, 2016
I learned all over again what I already knew is that how fulfilling and rewarding it is to help those less fortunate on a day to day basis. Management is easy going yet professional leads by example on how to get the most out of available resources. My co-volunteers are also kind and generous of their time and talents, yet the hardest part of the job is realistically understanding you aren't always able to help those in need.
Pros
Free Meals, snacks, tolietries and information on resources.
Cons
Facility is closed after 4:30 pm M-Fr and closed on weekends.
Daily Review
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 10, 2014
Plan monthly budgets, stay within weekly budget, plan daily activities for age 8yrs to 17yrs., plan special events for board and employees,
plan and participate in mangement meetings.
Pros
Work at on pace, good benefits, employee recognition, free meals
Cons
Unfortunate situations that bring clients to facility
Fulfilling work but not secure
Life Skills Specialist (Former Employee) –  DaytonSeptember 16, 2015
I got to help at risk adolescents live a stable/better life. I did, however, was stuck on 3rd shift and did not have much opportunity to work any other shift. There was a feeling of inner circles with co-workers/management and if you were not in one of the inner circles you don't have much of a chance for advancement/job security.
Local adminstration needs overhall
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  TXApril 21, 2013
A typical day would be to monitor clients during over night hours. In a.m. to assist with ADLs and breakfast then transport to perspective jobs and dayhabs.I learned that though clients may be diagnosed with the same conditions no two persons are the same. Management was at best learning themselves as to how best serve those who we served and retain those best suited for the services provided. The hardest part of the job was the constant drama from the co-workers, one has to be Switzerland at all times. The most enjoyable part of this work is helping someone have a good day and often a better life.
Pros
being able to use pto when needed
Cons
no days off; supervisors who didn't understand no
Great Place to work
Street Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Everyone here was wonderful. Loved the work that was being done. A job that you can go home feeling good about. Good pay. Good supervisors.
Productive and organized place of employment
Assisted Living Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at work would be non stop assisting 4 special needs patients with the help of 1 co worker. I had to learn to be very dependable on myself as well as my peers, management could have been run better, most co workers were dependable and reliable, the hardest part of the job would be that most patients cant interact or speak, so it made it hard to interact and understand, the most enjoyable part of the job would be the relationships formed over time with patients
Cons
pay
as I am a contract employee ...I only deal with them for my checks the people i personally have met from and on phone seem to be very professional
Home Health care (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 8, 2012
I arrive at work my client is happy to see me ..we go to his designated room ...i give him 1st bottle of day,we watch CMT ...play with toys ..teaching him to push correct buttons for music....every hour he is given juice or food and diaper change about the same time..though out the day i work with him to NOT pinch ,scratch,hit or pull hair,...on me or himself... we work on sign language ...very simple ..food ,drink ,diaper,outside,nose ,eyes etc. hardest part of day is when he is not happy and takes it out on me....stomach issues...best part of the day is the smiles and hugs..have no co-workers..I am it ..parents and I get along great...I have learned patience.....
Pros
love my job
Cons
driving 130 miles everyday
RISK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  BUELESON TXFebruary 20, 2014
I traveled to one of ten city's, Reviewed Group Homes for compliance to state/federal rules and standers. Trained staff. I love working with persons with disabilities. Working was management and co-workers was great. The ability to improve the quality life's under our care.
Pros
The ability to improve the quality life's under our care.
Cons
N/A
low paying.After all we are taking care of people. Most restaurants get paid more. Dosent have fulltime shifts. waste more gas than you earn
Residential support staff (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 27, 2014
A typical day at work is stressful. I learned that their are some less fortunate. Management doesn't know anymore than the staff and the staff are always left in the dark. Co-workers work as one instead of a team. Hardest part of the job is working a split shift . I really do not enjoy anything about the job
Interacting with individuals
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls,TxAugust 4, 2015
At the homes- Preparing individuals for the day, giving showers and dressing each person, cooking and/or feeding individuals, transporting individuals. Planning activities and going on outings. Dealing with each individual behaviors.
Pros
Interacting with individuals
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAYBREAK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8