DAYBREAK Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Street Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Everyone here was wonderful. Loved the work that was being done. A job that you can go home feeling good about. Good pay. Good supervisors.
Fulfilling work but not secure
Life Skills Specialist (Former Employee) –  DaytonSeptember 16, 2015
I got to help at risk adolescents live a stable/better life. I did, however, was stuck on 3rd shift and did not have much opportunity to work any other shift. There was a feeling of inner circles with co-workers/management and if you were not in one of the inner circles you don't have much of a chance for advancement/job security.
Summary
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 5, 2015
Overall, an expected experience. Obviously, some aspects needed improvement, but others seemed just fine. Wouldn't recommend, but wouldn't not recommend either.
Enjoy the Clients
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 6, 2015
Working with the clients is great. I love caring and helping them out. From making breakfast, to pass out medication to my clients is awesome. Providing the elderly and disabled is very awarding and life changing. Gives you an outlook on your life and how people can take the simple things for granted. I have the greatest Supervisor she is very understanding and quick with anything that i need taking care of. My clients is what motivates me to come to work every day, but i still have a family to care for and i need better pay with better benefits.
Pros
perfect work schedule
Cons
no breaks
Interacting with individuals
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls,TxAugust 4, 2015
At the homes- Preparing individuals for the day, giving showers and dressing each person, cooking and/or feeding individuals, transporting individuals. Planning activities and going on outings. Dealing with each individual behaviors.
Pros
Interacting with individuals
Busy
Caregiver Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 29, 2015
I enjoy taking care of the elderly and being in their presents to assist them and giving their love ones that piece of mine. If I didn't have the compassion for what I do I wouldn't work for this agency!
Pros
Work every other weekend.
Cons
No breaks/need to treat their workers with respect
Great co-workers
Full Time PTA/DOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2015
Enjoyed working with the Rehab staff and some of the nursing staff. Company overall not supportive of therapy staff. would work with the same rehab team again.
working at daybreak
Assistant cook (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 6, 2015
get to work start prepping for the nights meal

was told at one point that i was as useful as a door stop

the kids were fine and the rest of the staff was great
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
getting yelled at all the time and a knife pulled on me
Great Place
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Diboll, TXJune 6, 2015
I really enjoy working here. The management and co-workers are great. I learn new things all the time. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Family oriented
enjoyed the patients
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Worked with special needs patients, I enjoyed them. Some of the co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is being on duty all the time.
Pros
the work you do
Cons
management

Want to know more about DAYBREAK?

Ask a question
low paying.After all we are taking care of people. Most restaurants get paid more. Dosent have fulltime shifts. waste more gas than you earn
Residential support staff (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 27, 2014
A typical day at work is stressful. I learned that their are some less fortunate. Management doesn't know anymore than the staff and the staff are always left in the dark. Co-workers work as one instead of a team. Hardest part of the job is working a split shift . I really do not enjoy anything about the job
Everything was penny pinched not a happy place to work
care giver (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 2, 2014
I loved my clients but my company no they where all about the money
and to me we where there for the peoples health and well being and that got lost a long time ago
Pros
there are worse places
Cons
they could be much better
Daily Review
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 10, 2014
Plan monthly budgets, stay within weekly budget, plan daily activities for age 8yrs to 17yrs., plan special events for board and employees,
plan and participate in mangement meetings.
Pros
work at on pace, good benefits, employee recognition, free meals
Cons
unfortunate situations that bring clients to facility
This Company should be forced out of Nursing Home Business in Texas
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TEXASSeptember 22, 2014
When you peel the onion all the way thru to the top in this company, your eyes will not stop crying from the pure outright stench of lack of morals, compassion, and care for its residents and staff. Most of the facilities in Texas that they operate have been given some type of substandard quality of care or immediate jeopardy citations. I have been in a lot of facilities working to improve the quality of care delivered, and I can tell you, THIS COMPANY IS ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE ENCOUNTERED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM~~
This company wouldn't last five seconds in another state. Barbaric unkept buildings that need to be torn down, prehistoric clinical systems if you can call it that, and they will take anything for a resident regardless of whether they can meet the resident's needs.They have no desire to change or meet even the basic quality of care standards required to get paid from the state or federal government. If they treat the resident's like this how do you think they are treating their employees? LIKE .....Think TWICE before you think about working with these people.... You may find yourself on the evening news and NOT in a good way! OR heaven forbid in Jail for neglect of the elderly....
Pros
zip notta
Cons
everything! your nighmare job!
Productive and organized place of employment
Assisted Living Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at work would be non stop assisting 4 special needs patients with the help of 1 co worker. I had to learn to be very dependable on myself as well as my peers, management could have been run better, most co workers were dependable and reliable, the hardest part of the job would be that most patients cant interact or speak, so it made it hard to interact and understand, the most enjoyable part of the job would be the relationships formed over time with patients
Cons
pay
unorganized
Rss (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 20, 2014
this is the worst place to work. they always mess up on people checks then make you wait until the next check to get the rest of your money.
Very unorganized and Hostile
Home Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 19, 2014
Daybreak is a very unorganized and hostile work environment.
Pros
consumer setting
Cons
turnover rate and pay is very low
RISK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  BUELESON TXFebruary 20, 2014
I traveled to one of ten city's, Reviewed Group Homes for compliance to state/federal rules and standers. Trained staff. I love working with persons with disabilities. Working was management and co-workers was great. The ability to improve the quality life's under our care.
Pros
the ability to improve the quality life's under our care.
Cons
n/a
productive workplace
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 30, 2014
a typical day at work was great being able to go in and get right to business without having to be told . i learned alot about people and how to take care of different type of people. management should be more understanding and honest . the coworkers were awesome no problems with coworkers . the hardest part of the job was management the most enjoyable part was working with the clients
Pros
the clients, learning new things
Cons
management no raises and no benefits
installation of dish equipment
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 23, 2014
load up orders for jobs
deliver and install jobs
rate customer satisfaction
Pros
pay own pace work
Cons
late hours and labor