DAYBREAK Employee Reviews

Great job itself, but AWFUL managers/directors.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 17, 2017
I loved working with my individuals. The job was fun, the co-workers were great, but the company is extremely crooked. there is really no chance of this job going anywhere.
Pros
You are free to do as you please most of the time.
Cons
The company is crooked and corporate does not care.
patiece and love
residental support staff (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 26, 2017
i learned how to have patience working at daybreak, i also had a hard time adjusting to the working hrs for the fact the most weekends i didnt get to go home . but the consumers were very amazing people with amazing energy and love.
Pros
easy job
Cons
worked to much and hrs werent stable
the worst
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 19, 2017
This was the worst place ive ever worked. Due to management they were VERY unprofessional, rude and do not train you before just placing you at a home. also very fraudulent when passing codes and inspections with state.
Home Health
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2017
Home health for handicapped individuals. Fasted paced atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of the job, knowing that you were able to assist the individuals with their everyday needs of BLS.
Pros
Full filling Job
nice company.
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 16, 2017
Daybreak was a good job, i took care of four people in a house by my self, i cooked,cleaned,bathed,fed,and washed their clothes changed them. i liked that you are just by your self, definitely some lifting because some seniors are in wheel chairs over all the job was great.
Pros
the pay was good, because they raise it up a little when working there for a couple of months.
Cons
they weren't very organized, they would run out of supplies for the seniors, quite often they would order more stock at the last minuet.
Nice working with and helping people with special needs.
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXMay 7, 2017
If you love helping people, this is a great job for you. However this company could really improve a lot. The entry level positions are treated poorly by the office staff. They have a hard time keeping staff.
Pros
Getting to know that indivuals that you work with.
Cons
bulling in the work place, poor health benifits, poor wages
Love the Company
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 5, 2017
Great job loved I thought more money was important but I found out that loyalty and great a company is much more important than money. I should have never this company.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Small pay raises
Daybreak is a heartfelt job
Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 24, 2017
I loved this job being involved in special unique individuals life. It builds understanding as well as character being at a job with purpose. Not just a job but a family oriented environment.
Fun consumers poor management.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXMarch 18, 2017
I had fun with the individuals but the staffing was poorly picked. I rather enjoy working with people but watching other staff treat the individuals poorly and nothing being done is not my cup of tea. I did however learn that im very passionate about caring for others.
Pros
love working with people
Cons
poor management
productive and loved job
direct care staff (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 16, 2017
feed guys
bath all
keep pampers dry and clean
do laundry
keep on scheduals
give meds
give peg tube feedings
paperwork
and sign and initial mars
take to hospital when needed
Pros
my guys a moment with them was truely a blessing
Cons
the management they didnt listen to you or help when asked
Mission
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 13, 2017
You have the pleasure to help people on all levels. You work around Nuns so the atmosphere is great. People from all walks of life visit Monday-Friend.
Pros
Makes you a better person
Fun place to work
Career Path Student - Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 9, 2017
I worked there for 6 months, I very much enjoyed it, I was there as a career path student doing maintenance. The person i was working under was a great teacher. There wasn't really ever a dull moment working for them. Most of the staff is very friendly, and the potlucks were fun. I mostly enjoyed fixing everything and learning new things at the same time.
Pros
Friendly staff, Great learning experience, Interesting people
heartwarming
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2017
socialize with the homeless.Cook and serve meals for them. Create items and goods with them to help provide for themselves.
Pros
Cons
loud outside noises
Caring facilities
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXDecember 14, 2016
A day at work with Daybreak, is typically long. Learning how to multitask progressively and correctly is the key. Management is always available for nay issues and or to lend a helping hand. Co-workers really play an important role on duty. Hardest part of the job is having an unhappy client. The part that makes it the most enjoyable, is knowing your helping someone, who cannot help themselves.
Compassion for residents is outstanding
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXDecember 5, 2016
Ok company, coworkers come and go, management needs improvement excel in some errors lack in others. Hardest part of the job is not getting paid what you should. Most enjoyable part of the job is being with consumers.
Pros
Happy Consumer
Cons
Pay
Emotionally & Mentally Rewarding Experience
Receptionist & Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 1, 2016
I learned all over again what I already knew is that how fulfilling and rewarding it is to help those less fortunate on a day to day basis. Management is easy going yet professional leads by example on how to get the most out of available resources. My co-volunteers are also kind and generous of their time and talents, yet the hardest part of the job is realistically understanding you aren't always able to help those in need.
Pros
Free Meals, snacks, tolietries and information on resources.
Cons
Facility is closed after 4:30 pm M-Fr and closed on weekends.
Great Place to work
Street Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Everyone here was wonderful. Loved the work that was being done. A job that you can go home feeling good about. Good pay. Good supervisors.
Fulfilling work but not secure
Life Skills Specialist (Former Employee) –  DaytonSeptember 16, 2015
I got to help at risk adolescents live a stable/better life. I did, however, was stuck on 3rd shift and did not have much opportunity to work any other shift. There was a feeling of inner circles with co-workers/management and if you were not in one of the inner circles you don't have much of a chance for advancement/job security.
Summary
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 5, 2015
Overall, an expected experience. Obviously, some aspects needed improvement, but others seemed just fine. Wouldn't recommend, but wouldn't not recommend either.
Enjoy the Clients
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 6, 2015
Working with the clients is great. I love caring and helping them out. From making breakfast, to pass out medication to my clients is awesome. Providing the elderly and disabled is very awarding and life changing. Gives you an outlook on your life and how people can take the simple things for granted. I have the greatest Supervisor she is very understanding and quick with anything that i need taking care of. My clients is what motivates me to come to work every day, but i still have a family to care for and i need better pay with better benefits.
Pros
perfect work schedule
Cons
no breaks