DAYBREAK

DAYBREAK Employer Reviews

low paying.After all we are taking care of people. Most restaurants get paid more. Dosent have fulltime shifts. waste more gas than you earn
Residential support staff (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 27, 2014
A typical day at work is stressful. I learned that their are some less fortunate. Management doesn't know anymore than the staff and the staff are always left in the dark. Co-workers work as one instead of a team. Hardest part of the job is working a split shift . I really do not enjoy anything about the job
Everything was penny pinched not a happy place to work
care giver (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: there are worse places
Cons: they could be much better
I loved my clients but my company no they where all about the money
and to me we where there for the peoples health and well being and that got lost a long time ago
Daily Review
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 10, 2014
Pros: work at on pace, good benefits, employee recognition, free meals
Cons: unfortunate situations that bring clients to facility
Plan monthly budgets, stay within weekly budget, plan daily activities for age 8yrs to 17yrs., plan special events for board and employees,
plan and participate in mangement meetings.
This Company should be forced out of Nursing Home Business in Texas
Nurse (Former Employee), TEXASSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: zip notta
Cons: everything! your nighmare job!
When you peel the onion all the way thru to the top in this company, your eyes will not stop crying from the pure outright stench of lack of morals, compassion, and care for its residents and staff. Most of the facilities in Texas that they operate have been given some type of substandard quality of care or immediate jeopardy citations. I have been in a lot of facilities working to improve the quality of care delivered, and I can tell you, THIS COMPANY IS ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE ENCOUNTERED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM~~
This company wouldn't last five seconds in another state. Barbaric unkept buildings that need to be torn down, prehistoric clinical systems if you can call it that, and they will take anything for a resident regardless of whether they can meet the resident's needs.They have no desire to change or meet even the basic quality of care standards required to get paid from the state or federal government. If they treat the resident's like this how do you think they are treating their employees? LIKE .....Think TWICE before you think about working with these people.... You may find yourself on the evening news and NOT in a good way! OR heaven forbid in Jail for neglect of the elderly....
Productive and organized place of employment
Assisted Living Coordinator (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Cons: pay
A typical day at work would be non stop assisting 4 special needs patients with the help of 1 co worker. I had to learn to be very dependable on myself as well as my peers, management could have been run better, most co workers were dependable and reliable, the hardest part of the job would be that most patients cant interact or speak, so it made it hard to interact and understand, the most enjoyable part of the job would be the relationships formed over time with patients
unorganized
Rss (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 20, 2014
this is the worst place to work. they always mess up on people checks then make you wait until the next check to get the rest of your money.
Very unorganized and Hostile
Home Supervisor (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: consumer setting
Cons: turnover rate and pay is very low
Daybreak is a very unorganized and hostile work environment.
RISK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), BUELESON TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: the ability to improve the quality life's under our care.
Cons: n/a
I traveled to one of ten city's, Reviewed Group Homes for compliance to state/federal rules and standers. Trained staff. I love working with persons with disabilities. Working was management and co-workers was great. The ability to improve the quality life's under our care.
productive workplace
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: the clients, learning new things
Cons: management no raises and no benefits
a typical day at work was great being able to go in and get right to business without having to be told . i learned alot about people and how to take care of different type of people. management should be more understanding and honest . the coworkers were awesome no problems with coworkers . the hardest part of the job was management the most enjoyable part was working with the clients
installation of dish equipment
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: pay own pace work
Cons: late hours and labor
load up orders for jobs
deliver and install jobs
rate customer satisfaction
Case Management
Case management (Former Employee), Aztec, NMNovember 12, 2013
Pros: learning new experiences
Cons: no funding
Groups with youth sex offenders.
I learned how to work with children who have sexual behaviors.

The program ran out of money and i lost my job
poor management
Behavioral Health Worker/ Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: paid training and overtime
Cons: poor management and scheduling
Good hours,
poor management,
lack of responsibility of staff and inability to adere to clinical policies and procedures
lacked safety concerns and procedures in home
Very dysfunctional, unprofessional, and unethical corporation.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Lake Worth, TXAugust 22, 2013
Pros: great floor staff.
The corporation does not have the same values, standards, and ethics that I require to work for.
good to place to work overall
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Waupun, WIMay 15, 2013
Pros: generous sick and vacation time
Cons: no health insurance. weekends and holidays may be required
Good work/life balance
Benefits no medical insurance offered
generous sick and vacation time
job security is good
Values are respected
No room for advancement
A wonderful place to work
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 6, 2013
completed mds assessments. staffing restorative bursing programs careplans
Local adminstration needs overhall
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), TXApril 21, 2013
Pros: being able to use pto when needed
Cons: no days off; supervisors who didn't understand no
A typical day would be to monitor clients during over night hours. In a.m. to assist with ADLs and breakfast then transport to perspective jobs and dayhabs.I learned that though clients may be diagnosed with the same conditions no two persons are the same. Management was at best learning themselves as to how best serve those who we served and retain those best suited for the services provided. The hardest part of the job was the constant drama from the co-workers, one has to be Switzerland at all times. The most enjoyable part of this work is helping someone have a good day and often a better life.
great work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 20, 2013
Job responsibilities includes:
Plumbing
Floor care
Fixing and repairing vacant units
Order and stock parts
Assist outside contractors
A company that afforded handicapped adults to live in a home setting.
Supervisor for Day Program (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: being able to help folks that could not always help themselves.
Cons: n/a
A typical day involved 1 on 1 assistance to ensure that the residents were able to function at the highest level that they could. To give any help that was needed to ensure that goal.
The best part of the job was seeing the happiness in their faces when they acccomplished the goals that were set and surpassing them.
Very fun productive place to work
Home Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2012
Pros: love the clients
Cons: no overtime
Loved working for this company everyone works well with each other main goal is to help the clients
contract Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXAugust 26, 2012
Pros: direct and to the point, know where you stand, the feeling that what you do is appreciated
Cons: the unattentive staff, that just communicate or smile because they think it is the thing to do, is what they are suppose to do, that to sit and stare during classes and not at the teacher, feeling of they don't want to be there.
I come in on scheduled days to do assigned delegations. Meet the staff and get some feed back on what the need, answer questions best of my knowledge.
I found out that there are all levels of learning and understanding. Teaching methods have to change.
The management here at San Angelo is great. The entire group is there for the ultimate goal to care for their consumers. Ask a question you will get a answer. Friendly and full of energy in every direction.
I find that the hardest part of my job is to find staff that I delegate that are truely interested in listening to what I have to say. They doodle in classes, look off in space, mess with cell phones. I hardly ever get any questions, it would allow me to be able to assess what they got out of the class if they would return more feedback.
I enjoy the involvement with the comsumers and the staff communication. The smiles and the hello's I receive when I arrive and dayhabilitation and Office. The direct approach is appreciated.

About DAYBREAK

Daybreak is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1978 by a group of citizens in Spokane, who were affiliated with the – Read more