Daylight Transport Employee Reviews

First class company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2016
A pleasure to go to work here. Management is outstanding and service excellent. Great benefits with room for advancement.
Pros
Job security with benefits
Cons
Sometimes 10-14 hours daily
productive place to work
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2016
I lke working here, its busy most of the time and there is always something to do. The location is fine but the streets are very crowded. Management is nice most of the time.
Fast paced with rewarding sense of accomplishment
Operations Manager / Safety Committee Chairman (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
Work starts with an organized rendition of reviewing reports for that days work load projections. Verifying all equipment is load worthy and correct, check on that days URGENT CARE(EXPEDITED)freight requirements. All work is done with a team concept in mind and its people that makes the job enjoyable in knowing that your mentorship and guidance has helped your company fulfill their customers expectations. The hours can be long but at the end of the day you always feel a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
People working together to accomplish a common goal
Cons
Limited advancement oppourtunities
fun and feels like home
Quality Coordinator / Dock-worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2016
always on the go and feels like a family at daylight every one is so nice and always willing to help you out. fast and easy to learn
Pros
free money give away
Cons
short breaks
Hostile enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 26, 2016
Hostile work environment long shifts objectives change daily constant verbal abuse from upper mangement constant use of the n-word im glad im no longer working for such a racist's company
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks long hours no heat in the winter
Great working environment for a Transportation comapny.
Load Planner / Dispatch / Operations (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2015
Great place to work, but I moved too far away due wife's promotion at her place of employment. Really supportive management and great people I've worked with and learned from. Would go back if it wasn't so far of a commute.
Pros
Great company culture, awesome management support
Cons
Became to far of a commute.
Customer Service
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 18, 2014
This job was fun. I had a lot of fun speaking the the customers and taking lunch with my collegges.
Great place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2014
Very busy call center with back to back calls. This was a great place to work because I learned so much and I can handle many tasks.
Pros
Always busy and challenging
Cons
Sometimes customers are upset
Solid company with history of achieving excellence
DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2013
Great people. Great mission. Long hours but the work is stimulating. You will learn a lot at this company.
Pros
People
Great Job.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 30, 2013
Great support with administrative in submitting orders in quickly. Cold calling with the team, meeting vendors to sell both products.
Pros
Great job, great support.
Not a fun place to work
Terminal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 15, 2013
No matter how many times you complain about management and HR knows what's going on they do nothing. A very unhealthy place to work.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Male dominance going on
Shady company
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2013
Company operates as an asset based LTL carrier, yet has none of its own equipment outside of California. Training to sell this type of service was little to none.
Pros
Office based out of home
Cons
very fast paced always something to do the work load always just stacked up ..
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2013
come in jump on lift grab a dock door start unloading fright taking it and placing it at it destination door ..i learned that with a company that moved this much stuff not all people can work like u our others so as a team u made need to pick up the slack of other co workers but at the end of the day all that matters is the job getting done.very good management controlled time my co workers some of the funniest guys i knew .hardest part of the job ...nothing really it was work
Pros
learned to work at a fast and steady...that no matter what its a team effort
Cons
none...
Productive workplace
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 13, 2013
on an average day the workload was alot of work which i didnt mind because I love to keep busy. I really learned alot about truck transportation and how they transport freight the management was fun to work with and they were always there if you needed any help. I loved all the co-workers I was able to get along with them very well. their wasnt anything hard about the job I loved the customers and it was a very easy job. Most enjoyable part of this job was when we had different parties for the company.
Daylight is a nice place to work, but lacks in yearly evaluations
Operations/ Administrations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 29, 2013
My typical day at Daylight began at 6am. I verified routes and dispatched local drivers. I checked in over the road drivers. Once all the drivers paperwork and loads were verified, dispatched or checked in, I began payroll for the previous day for the local drivers. In doing this task I had to verify all pickups and deliveries confirmed by the driver, then calculate the rate by the area and tonnage of freight. I also recorded and collected any monies collected by the drivers for freight charges and CODs. Also during my day provided client services for any problems our customers called in about. Example would be shortages or damages during pickup or delivery. Management was changed 4 times since my employment and I would say that was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships built with a most of the clients. I also enjoyed meeting and greeting the over the road drivers. My relationship with my co workers was professional, but most became friendships.
Pros
I enjoyed building relations with repeat clients and independent contrators
Cons
I didn't have evaluations and raises as promised.
Fun place to work
W&I Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 24, 2013
Fun place to work and inter act with fellow co-workers on the other coast
Pros
no pros
Cons
no breaks, sent home early
Great Company - wish they had continued to do business in Atlanta
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2013
Great Benefits/Salary - Provided excellent support to sales staff - Customer Service a priority. Corporate management was great. Always available.
Pros
great benefits/salary - customer service
Cons
chose to leave atlanta - wish they would come back
Great company
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2012
Nights was great just need more management support . company is awesome coworkers work together
It can be good if you are in the right department
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 1, 2012
The managers on almost every departments are uneducated and treat you like garbage. They expect the impossible. The good departments I saw in this company was pricing, I.T., and a part of collections. So if you must work for daylight look for these departments. Most co workers are great. The pay is better than a lot of other transportation companies. There is no job security in this company. High turn over and can be let go if management feels that you are too good for the job and have a high success rate in your career at daylight (manger and supervisors are afraid of losing their position as manager or supervisor because without any college degrees they know - no other company will take them as upper management). I would never recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
micromanaged, no job security, no flexibility, poor mangement
Good company to work with
Contract, Pricing (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 9, 2012
Management is handling the business carefully and conservatively.; therefore, good job security and advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daylight Transport. Our community is ready to answer.