Daylight Transport Employee Reviews

Not a long term job
BILLING SPECIALIST/ CLIENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 18, 2017
Stressful and overworked.
If management doesn't like you they will let you know and make you feel uncomfortable.
This is a very diverse location. But they do not like when you change positions or get promoted. Your old supervisors will get very upset. The most enjoyable part is the coworkers they make you feel welcomed.
Cons
short breaks and micromanagement
Highly productive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 18, 2017
Was a top producer in the top 5% and had numerous achievement awards for rep of the quarter. Sold all services of Daylight, LTL TL and Rail.Handled logistics as well for brokerage moves
Pros
Productive and top producer
Cons
Only sold long haul services
Middle of the road
Hazardous Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2017
I liked the HR dept. but the Customer service supervisor was a complete dolt. I did like the other department heads and thought about moving to a different department but didn't.
Excellent workplace before expansion
OS&D Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 12, 2017
Pay and benefits are good.

Workplace in General Office is communal and adequate.

Managers are reasonable and helpful.

Room to advance fairly quickly.
Pros
Salary, benefits, variety of schedules
Cons
Once company started to expand going downhill quickly.
Busy nights
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 7, 2017
Daylight Transport was a part time job that required me to do all the data entry for the truck drivers coming in, loads they were picking up, dropping off and keeping track of the items on and off the trucks. The communication from management was not that great. Being part time that made me feel like I wasn't valued as an employee. I was good at inputting the information which means that I was able to get more work done at a faster pace. This lead to me being open for more opportunities and other positions. The company did not want to use me anywhere else because I was good at what they hired me to do I guess. Once I got everything up to date I was laid off. Trucking companies are a little slower in the colder months but I found plenty of things they could have given me to do but they went on to hire other people instead.
Great Company
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2017
This company has a lot to offer. They have excellent employees that are willing to help out. The job itself is enjoyable and rewarding. I would really recommend this job.
productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 9, 2017
work about 8-10 hours a day. manager was not a family oriented person and didn't know how to talk to employees. always busy. Working 12 plus hours with not enough personal break
First class company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2016
A pleasure to go to work here. Management is outstanding and service excellent. Great benefits with room for advancement.
Pros
Job security with benefits
Cons
Sometimes 10-14 hours daily
productive place to work
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2016
I lke working here, its busy most of the time and there is always something to do. The location is fine but the streets are very crowded. Management is nice most of the time.
Fast paced with rewarding sense of accomplishment
Operations Manager / Safety Committee Chairman (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
Work starts with an organized rendition of reviewing reports for that days work load projections. Verifying all equipment is load worthy and correct, check on that days URGENT CARE(EXPEDITED)freight requirements. All work is done with a team concept in mind and its people that makes the job enjoyable in knowing that your mentorship and guidance has helped your company fulfill their customers expectations. The hours can be long but at the end of the day you always feel a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
People working together to accomplish a common goal
Cons
Limited advancement oppourtunities
Great Company to Work For
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City NJJune 9, 2016
Great Company to work for. They live by there motto of "Learn, Innovate, and Succeed" which is exactly what I have experienced here. It's a hard job but that's trucking. They are fair, pay well and treat the folks on their team with respect. I see some other reviews here that just are not true. I have never experienced anything but a positive work experience at Daylight Transport.
Pros
Stable, good pay, time goes fast
Cons
Hard Work
fun and feels like home
Quality Coordinator / Dock-worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2016
always on the go and feels like a family at daylight every one is so nice and always willing to help you out. fast and easy to learn
Pros
free money give away
Cons
short breaks
Hostile enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 26, 2016
Hostile work environment long shifts objectives change daily constant verbal abuse from upper mangement constant use of the n-word im glad im no longer working for such a racist's company
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks long hours no heat in the winter
Great working environment for a Transportation comapny.
Load Planner / Dispatch / Operations (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2015
Great place to work, but I moved too far away due wife's promotion at her place of employment. Really supportive management and great people I've worked with and learned from. Would go back if it wasn't so far of a commute.
Pros
Great company culture, awesome management support
Cons
Became to far of a commute.
Customer Service
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 18, 2014
This job was fun. I had a lot of fun speaking the the customers and taking lunch with my collegges.
Great place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2014
Very busy call center with back to back calls. This was a great place to work because I learned so much and I can handle many tasks.
Pros
Always busy and challenging
Cons
Sometimes customers are upset
Solid company with history of achieving excellence
DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2013
Great people. Great mission. Long hours but the work is stimulating. You will learn a lot at this company.
Pros
People
Great Job.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 30, 2013
Great support with administrative in submitting orders in quickly. Cold calling with the team, meeting vendors to sell both products.
Pros
Great job, great support.
Not a fun place to work
Terminal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 15, 2013
No matter how many times you complain about management and HR knows what's going on they do nothing. A very unhealthy place to work.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Male dominance going on
Shady company
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2013
Company operates as an asset based LTL carrier, yet has none of its own equipment outside of California. Training to sell this type of service was little to none.
Pros
Office based out of home