Daylight Transport Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 18, 2014
This job was fun. I had a lot of fun speaking the the customers and taking lunch with my collegges.
Great place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2014
Very busy call center with back to back calls. This was a great place to work because I learned so much and I can handle many tasks.
Pros
always busy and challenging
Cons
sometimes customers are upset
Solid company with history of achieving excellence
DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2013
Great people. Great mission. Long hours but the work is stimulating. You will learn a lot at this company.
Pros
people
Cons
location
Great Job.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 30, 2013
Great support with administrative in submitting orders in quickly. Cold calling with the team, meeting vendors to sell both products.
Pros
great job, great support.
Not a fun place to work
Terminal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 15, 2013
No matter how many times you complain about management and HR knows what's going on they do nothing. A very unhealthy place to work.
Pros
going home
Cons
male dominance going on
Shady company
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2013
Company operates as an asset based LTL carrier, yet has none of its own equipment outside of California. Training to sell this type of service was little to none.
Pros
office based out of home
Cons
management
very fast paced always something to do the work load always just stacked up ..
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2013
come in jump on lift grab a dock door start unloading fright taking it and placing it at it destination door ..i learned that with a company that moved this much stuff not all people can work like u our others so as a team u made need to pick up the slack of other co workers but at the end of the day all that matters is the job getting done.very good management controlled time my co workers some of the funniest guys i knew .hardest part of the job ...nothing really it was work
Pros
learned to work at a fast and steady...that no matter what its a team effort
Cons
none...
Productive workplace
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 13, 2013
on an average day the workload was alot of work which i didnt mind because I love to keep busy. I really learned alot about truck transportation and how they transport freight the management was fun to work with and they were always there if you needed any help. I loved all the co-workers I was able to get along with them very well. their wasnt anything hard about the job I loved the customers and it was a very easy job. Most enjoyable part of this job was when we had different parties for the company.
Daylight is a nice place to work, but lacks in yearly evaluations
Operations/ Administrations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 29, 2013
My typical day at Daylight began at 6am. I verified routes and dispatched local drivers. I checked in over the road drivers. Once all the drivers paperwork and loads were verified, dispatched or checked in, I began payroll for the previous day for the local drivers. In doing this task I had to verify all pickups and deliveries confirmed by the driver, then calculate the rate by the area and tonnage of freight. I also recorded and collected any monies collected by the drivers for freight charges and CODs. Also during my day provided client services for any problems our customers called in about. Example would be shortages or damages during pickup or delivery. Management was changed 4 times since my employment and I would say that was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships built with a most of the clients. I also enjoyed meeting and greeting the over the road drivers. My relationship with my co workers was professional, but most became friendships.
Pros
i enjoyed building relations with repeat clients and independent contrators
Cons
i didn't have evaluations and raises as promised.
Fun place to work
W&I Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 24, 2013
Fun place to work and inter act with fellow co-workers on the other coast
Pros
no pros
Cons
no breaks, sent home early
Great Company - wish they had continued to do business in Atlanta
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2013
Great Benefits/Salary - Provided excellent support to sales staff - Customer Service a priority. Corporate management was great. Always available.
Pros
great benefits/salary - customer service
Cons
chose to leave atlanta - wish they would come back
Great company
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2012
Nights was great just need more management support . company is awesome coworkers work together
It can be good if you are in the right department
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 1, 2012
The managers on almost every departments are uneducated and treat you like garbage. They expect the impossible. The good departments I saw in this company was pricing, I.T., and a part of collections. So if you must work for daylight look for these departments. Most co workers are great. The pay is better than a lot of other transportation companies. There is no job security in this company. High turn over and can be let go if management feels that you are too good for the job and have a high success rate in your career at daylight (manger and supervisors are afraid of losing their position as manager or supervisor because without any college degrees they know - no other company will take them as upper management). I would never recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
micromanaged, no job security, no flexibility, poor mangement
Good company to work with
Contract, Pricing (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 9, 2012
Management is handling the business carefully and conservatively.; therefore, good job security and advancement.
NUMBERS only please
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 1, 2012
Tough environment with very limited service area. Very Good service into CA. I had a great Regional Sales Manager who supported my efforts.
Productive work place.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2012
I ran all the inbound operation. So i would get into work about 4am, check all my e-mails and then start working on a plan to input into my day. I would make sure i was fully staffed for the entire day and then start putting my plan in place. I made sure everyone was working safe and in proper attire. I would hand out work assignments with expected finish times. I would monitor all my crews lunches and breaks. I would also dispatch line drivers and local drivers. Then end the day about 3pm and staff for the next day looking ahead at what is coming to me the next day.
Pros
a good family oriented company
Cons
not to much stability
Fun always changin enviroment
Claim Management OS&D Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 22, 2012
This company has many perks. Very fun but yet really strict on work ethics. I enjoyed being here.
productive
Client Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 20, 2012
take incoming calls regarding customers needing their shipment traced, any questions or concerns regarding their invoice or shipment. reporting damages to the correct departments.

Co-workers-great group of people to work with!!

hardest part was giving the customer the "Bad News" shipment delayed, damages done etc.

enjoyable part was being able to assist our customers
Pros
bonuses
Cons
not much room for growth
excellent
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  san leandro CAOctober 7, 2011
i would love to come back and join on the team again i was working there for a while in 2007 to 2008 hope i can come back to help in any way to better the performance with the work force that is all that i will love to do again thanxs
Pros
fun to be at
Cons
A workplace that values your opinion and fosters individual thought
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 30, 2011
I always ask potential candidates how they learned of my job opening. It threw me for a loop when I started getting the response " Indeed.com". I was certain I had not paid to advertise on your site, so I figured I better check it out. I am glad I did. What a valuable service this site provides to job seekers in an economy where failure to check the right source at the right time, could lead to a huge missed oppurtunity to provide for your family. I also took the oppurtunity to check out the companies I have worked for and see what others had to say about them, very interesting stuff. So back to the point of all my rambling. I worked for Daylight from 2004-2007 in the frontline terminal management ranks. I never thought I would leave the company ,but was forced to, due to family circumstances. Having worked for some of the larger trucking companies I found Daylight a refreshing change. You see, I had a ton of industry specific training, was highly succesful at doing exactly what I was told as quickly as I could, and never really had the oppurtunity to make decisions or think on my own. If you are the kind of person that wants to follow specific work desk instructions , do as you are told without having your opinion and idea's taken into account, or do not want the responsibility of making decisions ; then Daylight is not for you. However, If you ever thought you have the potential to be a "game changer" if your employer would just listen to what you had to say.Then apply , apply, apply! I learned more about business and my own ability during my tenure at Daylight, than I had  more... in my 15 plus years with the larger corporate carriers. I am not saying the job was easy. I was definately stretched. I was expected to perform at a high level and produce strong results. I was also given the oppurtunity to be a thinker and decision maker. I can tell you from personal expierence , there is nothing more rewarding than seeing your idea's and hard work be recognized and VALUED. Daylight was very rewarding in that regard.  less
Pros
good compensationvalued independant thought