Daymar College Employee Reviews

Sink or swim
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, KYAugust 30, 2016
The turnover rate is high. I love the people i worked with at the campus but was given the sink or swim feeling from management. was given one week of training and we were expected to hit our numbers without any help from corporate and their experts. tuition is extremely high and is nearly impossible to get students to come to that university if they do not get any pell grants
This is what is wrong with higher education in our country.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 22, 2016
Disorganized and dysfunctunal campus.
Dean kept bragging about how he got his M. B. A. and Ph. D. from Daymar , he must have bestowed them both upon himself . Many of the staff would not be hired by any real college as they did not have a Masters or Doctorate degree from an accredited school .They are more concerned with increasing the number of students and getting them into loans they will be lucky to pay off in the next 20 years than providing a quality education.
Pros
I don't have to work there anymore .
Cons
Like many colleges they do a poor job educating students with skills to get a decent job, along with little to no help for those who have graduated and seek employment.
Overworked and Underpaid employees and a greedy company
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2016
Executive management does not get along and this trickles down to the campuses. Employees are overworked and definitely underpaid. The culture itself causes anxiety for many. All they care about is the money. The people at the campuses are great and always have been. It's those in management, for the most part, that are the issue. They keep doing things the same away expecting different results when it's been proven time and time again that it doesn't work. Attrition is terrible because of the way they treat their employees and the impossible expectations they set for them. Everyone is out for themselves. That's for sure!
Lead Dental Assistant Instructor
Lead Dental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 30, 2016
This is a horrible place to work. I worked 4 days a week and didn't even make minimum wage. Keep in mind I was the ONLY dental assistant for the school. I worked in my days off and came in on my days off. The management itself is lacking. Its sad people who teach there don't even have a degree in what they are teaching. The Dean would rather pocket the extra funds for herself as appose to fixing all the things that are necessary to run the school. Not to mention the students didn't have wifi for the entire year I was currently teaching
Pros
Cons
no benefits, adjuncts will not get a raise
Very great place to work
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 4, 2016
Love working with the staff and students. Great place to work. I love have they support the students and keep them engage.
N/a
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New Boston, OHFebruary 20, 2016
good company and good co-workers. The Students were excellent and they have very good Instructors. I have seen many Students excel in the workforce after receiving their degree.
Great atmosphere with learning opportunities
Accounting Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 20, 2016
This company offers the opportunity to learn all phases of career college management. Job security is a problem but I've had fun learning and advancing within the company.
Educate and train students
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2016
The campus did an excellent job at training and educating the students who came from diverse backgrounds. Graduation and placement rates were above average for the industry.
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  ClarksvilleOctober 19, 2015
It's a good school to attend. It doesn't matter if you are working or a stay at home mom. Great start to continuing your education.
Horrible place to work!
Senior Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro?October 16, 2015
Daymar is a horrible place to work. Its all about numbers and how many students they can get enrolled before the start date. The training is horrible! I've never worked at a place that is so dysfunctional and everyone doesn't know what they are doing, that's a day at Daymar so glad today I was able to close the chapter in my life.
Pros
when its time to leave that place
Cons
work long hours and students
In it's day Daymar was a very good career college
Dental Assisting Lead Instructor/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 16, 2015
With the passing of the man that stared the Daymar schools, the management changed hands many times. Each time it changed hands came different ideas. Do not get me wrong, change is good. If it is for the good of the students. My co-workers were excellent team members
Inspiering work place
Adjunct Substitute Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 21, 2015
Helping out a friend who works there as an instructor provided me with the great opportunity to help her out and actually teach a class. Coming into this environment as a substitute I felt very welcomed and supported.
The Louisville campus is now closed
Admission's Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2015
The company wasn't making a lot of money or enrolling enough students so campus closed. The campus is closed. There is no more to be said about Daymar College Louisville
This was a great place to work.
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Clinton, KYJune 2, 2015
The day by day operations consisted of company training conference calls, inventory and purchasing books, preparing students schedule, accounts payable, maintaining faculty and student files, calls for Career Services, and community PR.

The management teams were very open to suggestions for improvement in Student Services and faculty training. The students educational learning and needs were met by very qualified instructors. The quality level of our instructors and the dedication by our students made this campus successful for over thirteen years. Our Career Services held a placement rating of over 75% for several years running.

The students made my career a very enjoyable opportunity.The hardest part of my job (I like to call it the biter-sweet part) was graduation night. It was very rewarding to see the students completion of their educational goal. However, the realization of the graduating class not returning on Monday morning after two years, was very sad.
Pros
Constantly meeting and working with a diverse group of individuals.
Productive place to work with a greate sence of accomplishment
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Boston, OHMay 18, 2015
20-30 students in a class. I was responsible for their education and testing. Very rewarding for me to instruct these students to graduate with the best knowledge possible.
School environment great, pleasant, helping, successful
Billing and Coding Student (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 13, 2015
Obtained my Associates Degree in Billing and Coding. Great environment to learn and excel. The professors are helping along with the students, the school is great.
Positive
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 21, 2015
Enjoyed working in Owensboro. Unfortunately, I had a family crisis and had to relocate. This is a very organized campus. The campus and students had that beautiful southern charm.
Horrible
Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 25, 2015
One of the worst places I ever worked, the leadership was terrible, the school was a dump, the pay was below average, The campus was in a bad neighborhood, Run if they ever call you.
Great faculty and staff. Employees sincerely care about the students
Program Mentor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 10, 2015
Open door policy to all employees and students. Tutoring hours are given to instructors and encouraged to pass on to students. Working lab and operatories are state of the art equipment.
Pros
work environment
Cons
secular school budgets
Propriatary Education
Senior Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYJanuary 9, 2015
I am a strong training a development specialist, assigned to the admissions team. Although it was not my favorite position, I still faired very well for the school, continuing an 86 percent conversion. I left the school after they were being sued by several students for ACICS violations.
Pros
watching sudents succeed
Cons
non transferable credits

2.9