Daymar College Employee Reviews

Life of an adjunct
Adjunct Massage Therapy Instructor/ Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJuly 20, 2017
My supervisor was in another city, she would make appointments to meet me and never show up. Management was in a huge transitionary period during the time that I was with them.
I love working at Daymar.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2017
I would work under student services which included helping the incoming student obtain the necessary documents to start classes on time. Wheater it is from a form school or employer. Makeing sure that their files are up to date.
Pros
That i was able to meet, and get to know all the different kinds f culture that came from the students.
Cons
Maybe not enough time to work with the students or m=not enough pay.
Decent place to work--Changing quickly for Good of All
Business Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 8, 2017
As policies, environment and culture changes with new knowledgeable management and staff, the organization seems to be moving in a positive, good direction for future employees.
Inside Sales not admissions
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2017
Things started out great! Wonderful people, management, work environment. But it is truly inside sales and just like any sales the pressure builds, changes occur faster than you can adapt, and turnover is high.
Productive, Fun, Caring, Motivation
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 25, 2017
Educational, Productive, Motivation place to work. Instructors are caring and go out of their way to help students. Staff is friendly and Instrustors care.
Pros
Staff that cares, prays, and motivates you to move forward
Cons
Known
Ok to work if you like call centers
ADA (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 11, 2017
Its an ok place to work. Nice fun environment with ok management. I couldn't see it as a career though. I don feel like I'm treated like I'm worth. Pay is decent.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Stressful at times
Talented and hard-working group with the same goal - the students!
Health Care Administration Online Program Director (Current Employee) –  Remote - onlineApril 6, 2017
Typical day consists of overseeing adjunct instructors, engaging students, participating on the discussion board, grading online entries, contacting at-risk students, leadership conference calls, creating curriculum, and updating Canvas classrooms.

I have learned a great deal about student retention and success rates.

Management is great - always there when you need them, but do not micromanage.

Workplace culture - family!

The hardest part of the job is seeing a student struggle and fail.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of helping the students succeed.
Pros
Work from home.
Supportive atmosphere
Medical Massage Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 29, 2017
Working with non-traditional students is a challenge, but this school goes above and beyond to try to support each student reaching graduation. I've learned this can be exciting as well as difficult in pushing those who can't see the finish line, to finish.
Pros
Supportive faculty, open to new ideas and teaching practices
Cons
low pay for faculty, limited training in teaching adult students
Professional Growth
Associate Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 4, 2017
I truly enjoyed the opportunity that Daymar College afforded me to grow in my profession. It was a very relaxed and professional environment. Which is rare.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Instructor Review
Instructor (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 19, 2017
It is surprising they are still operating. Management will not listen to the people who are actually in the classroom. They will make one rule and change it the next week. There is no consistency in what they expect or even what they hope to accomplish. I only stayed because of the students, but it got to where even they did not want to be there and they stopped showing up and trying.
Pros
Other Instructors
Place to Work and Enjoy People
Area Campus President / Director (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 23, 2017
College group is experiencing the wrath of the education for-profit industry need to downsize because of heavily regulated requirements. Students make hard days worth every minute. Awesome opportunity to help people change the course of their lives.
Small college, large selection
Allied Health Instructor - PT (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, KY 41073January 20, 2017
Daymar Bellevue is a small college, but they offer a large selection of courses. Students are mostly mature adults starting over in life. The location is great for those who do not drive.
Good experince
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2017
Enjoyed teaching there. Most of the students were appreciate of the teaching effort. Company fared poorly and had to close the campus, which was too bad for the students.
Daymar
Campus Dean (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYNovember 7, 2016
It has been great being a part of a career college. However, this location will be closing in December and I am searching for new opportunities in the Madisonville area.
Pros
Helps students
Cons
Some nights and weekends
Daymar College
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2016
Daymar College had really sincere people working for the greater good of student's who otherwise would not have furthered their career through post-high school education had they not been given this option. They are changing one life at a time!
Cons
Expensive for students, admissions is a sales job.
Great culture
STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 13, 2016
There are a million things to do and they all needed to be done yesterday. Fun place to work, but management can get pushy.
Pros
Cons
Agressive management
Great place to work! Hard work, but also fun
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 20, 2016
A very demanding, but rewarding workplace. I get great fulfillment in helping prospective students learn the skills they need to be successful . It's a very productive and fun place to work and the associates perform at a high level. My co workers are great! The teamwork and service to associates as well as customers make it enjoyable to attend work on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is not being able to assist a student in making his/her dream come true due to circumstances beyond my control.
Pros
Internal Promotions
Cons
Constant Change
Sink or swim
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, KYAugust 30, 2016
The turnover rate is high. I love the people i worked with at the campus but was given the sink or swim feeling from management. was given one week of training and we were expected to hit our numbers without any help from corporate and their experts. tuition is extremely high and is nearly impossible to get students to come to that university if they do not get any pell grants
This is what is wrong with higher education in our country.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 22, 2016
Disorganized and dysfunctunal campus.
Dean kept bragging about how he got his M. B. A. and Ph. D. from Daymar , he must have bestowed them both upon himself . Many of the staff would not be hired by any real college as they did not have a Masters or Doctorate degree from an accredited school .They are more concerned with increasing the number of students and getting them into loans they will be lucky to pay off in the next 20 years than providing a quality education.
Pros
I don't have to work there anymore .
Cons
Like many colleges they do a poor job educating students with skills to get a decent job, along with little to no help for those who have graduated and seek employment.
Overworked and Underpaid employees and a greedy company
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2016
Executive management does not get along and this trickles down to the campuses. Employees are overworked and definitely underpaid. The culture itself causes anxiety for many. All they care about is the money. The people at the campuses are great and always have been. It's those in management, for the most part, that are the issue. They keep doing things the same away expecting different results when it's been proven time and time again that it doesn't work. Attrition is terrible because of the way they treat their employees and the impossible expectations they set for them. Everyone is out for themselves. That's for sure!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daymar College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9