Project Coordinator Wanted for Media and Entertainment Tech Firm
Add your unique skills and abilities to our growing, successful startup. Daystrom Technology Group is a surprisingly cool technology firm specializing in high performance, scalable storage and file system integration. We are located in Half Moon Bay, but a project manager needs only come into our corporate office one a week, as this position's main focus is on visiting clients around the Bay Area. Our main clients are in Media & Entertainment, but we serve anyone who values optimal solutions over tired legacy standards. We value clear, effective communication and we use it to provide the best experience for our clients -- and for ourselves. People who have done well in this position in the past have had customer service, media or entertainment experience which brings a little something extra to the client interaction sphere which we love.
From first meeting to project end, a Daystrom Project Coordinator demonstrates clarity in communications, terrific focus on client needs, and is inventive in guiding events towards amazing results.
The foremost role of a Coordinator to act as a communications liaison between clients and their Daystrom technical team, keeping the client informed while orchestrating team and company resources effectively. The secondary role is that of Information Manager, maintaining and managing with elegance the vast array of data produced by modern tech projects. The third role is to make the first two look easy. Note: applicant must have own vehicle, as this position will require local bay-area travel to different client sites. Re-location package not provided
Clients and teammates simply LOVE working with you
You confidently build rapport, trust, and relaxed communications, even in challenging situations
You bring the dynamic enthusiasm of a salesman, without being a sales person
Ability to confidently lead small and large groups of people with poise and warmth
Ability to juggle conflicting tasks, while helping those around you to succeed
Assist clients and teammates to achieve amazing results through these key tasks:
- Communicate effectively, with awareness of context and content
- Produce project plans with realistic goals, and in real-world time
- Enable project teams to remain 'one step ahead of the plan' using shrewd time management skills and a sixth-sense for critical deadlines
- Overcome project obstacles with internal and external confidence
- Gather and present information in useful ways and at the right times
- Provide equipment and service estimates to clients in a timely manner
- Promote new and ongoing support programs
- Assist clients in understanding project charges and payment of them
Education/ Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience working with people where success comes from managing their expectations of the situation
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2+ years professional experience with a record of successful project coordination or customer service.
- Useful knowledge of productivity and office software (Excel basics are a must-have skill).
- Experience with ERP or Accounting Systems
- Ability to be self-sufficient on a computing platform, and wise enough to know when to seek help