Dayton Children's Employee Reviews

Very fun place
Medical Technologist - Generalist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2017
Very Nice Team! I loved working there. The Best place I ever worked as traveler. The Lab Equipment is fairly new. The Lab Director managers and supervisors are pretty nice.
Fun and caring environment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 23, 2017
One of the best hospitals I've worked for. The staff and management is very friendly. Manager is very understanding and very helpful. Staff believe in teamwork.
Pros
Everyone is caring and friendly
Cons
N/a
No job security
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 6, 2017
You get cheated out of your pay compared to other hospitals and management secretly plots against you if your not there favorite and there's always wondering if your saying or doing the wrong thing because they fire you for any and everything or pile everyone work load on you pushing you to quit.
Children's dayton
RN bsn (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 7, 2017
Absolutely terrible place to work. Management is a joke and can't keep nurses. No wonder everyone is quitting. I have wasted 4 years of my life working here to be paid $5 less an HR than other hospital s in the area and a $.10 raise for never calling in sick or being late!
Pros
Working with children
Surgical services
Surgical Services Tech (Current Employee) –  Dayton OhioOctober 26, 2014
Horrible organization to work for. Benefits are sub par. Raises suck .10 a year increase. Yearly evaluation format sets you up for failure to receive a decent raise. Don't speak up about what isn't fair or correct procedure, you will be labeled a troublemaker. Management is a joke. Who ever can kiss the most butt gets the most advancement. The organization is very chaotic in the way they handle everyday activities. Unorganized managers and leaders. Pay is often below what other hospitals are offering. No employee incentives like bonuses, profit sharing. They don't even give a holiday bonuses. They always want to give you free hospital food for a job well done. You have to use your own PTO for holidays. They try to portray themselves as a good honest organization that cares. The only thing they care about is more $$$ for their bottom line.
Pros
Cons
low pay, managers play favoritism, no home work life balance
Great company to work for
Financial Services Department (Former Employee) –  Contract Compliance OfficerNovember 3, 2011
I enjoyed working at Dayton Children's. I worked there as a contractor for two years before being hired directly into the company. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. The work culture is wonderful. You feel as if you are doing important work. The management goes out of their way to make sure employees can strike the appropriate work/life balance.
Pros
work/life balance, excellent management, meaningful work.
Cons
lower pay than other local medical facilities.