Dayton Freight Lines, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for part time work
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work part time and make great money. Work on loading and unloading trailers. Working out the environment is the only difficult thing about the position.
I thought
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 8, 2016
I have tried to get a job here no call back nothing . I have been a class a driver with a perfect record for 5 years . I also used dayton freight for all my pickups for thirteen years at my last job before I got my cdl.
Great part-time job
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 13, 2016
I took this job as a way to pay down debt, the hourly rate is great and for the most part management was great. Dockworkers are part-time in afternoon and evening shifts and was easy to work into a hectic schedule.
Peopled centered work place
Operations Supervisior (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 4, 2016
LTL is a fast paced meat grinder. However Dayton Freight places an importance on it's people. Dayton is concerned with treating it's employees with respecting and developing it's management.
Great job!
Material Handler, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 26, 2016
Worked with hard working good guys. office staff were helpful, depot manager was easy to talk to. It was a good job! I may be still there if I could have worked full time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
couldn't get full time
Corporately Run
City/Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2016
Job work/life balance and compensation/benefits are good. Enjoy working for the company but searching for job that will provide more hours.
productive and fast pace
fork lift operator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 7, 2016
day at work is basically come in get on your forklift log into pda find what trailer is next to be open and broke down freight to either place on dock for later loading or if freight is put directly on trailer shown on pda ....Ive learned different ways of loading to correctly fit as much freight on trailer as possible without sacrificing safety of freight ......for most part management is laid back and relaxed long as work is getting done employees are staying busy till work is finished ...co-workers are easy going and willing to help if your not sure on certain things in work place or how to load trucks correctly and how to use pda ...... really not much hard about job only thing that gives anyone trouble is learning pda and if freight should be loaded or placed on docks .... the most enjoyable part is the atmosphere on the dock between the employees and how we all get along and joke and help each other or any new employee that needs help without hesitation
Been on the dock now just over 3.5yrs and I enjoy working for the company v
Dockworker/Forklift Diver (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 28, 2016
I hate the winters but that's to be expected. But Dayton is one the best companies I've ever worked for. There advancements options are slim but the is pay great and it sort of makes up for it. They are very fair and equal. My terminal is a real fun place to work at we all get along joke and what have you but still do our jobs and get business done and get the trucks on the road ASAP.
Pros
Great pay, good co-workers
Cons
Advancement is slim to none.
No team work - look out for yourself
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 6, 2016
If you have a problem, you are usually on your own because co-workers keep doing THEIR jobs. This attitude is not helped by company wanting more and more freight moved per hour. This Go-Go mandate for speed is contradicted when freight is damaged and supervisor tells the employee "You should drive slower and be more careful."
Pros
Good wages
Cons
No benefits for part time worker and difficult to become full time
Very positive, fast-paced work environment.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, INFebruary 27, 2016
Everybody here was very supportive and willing to help. The overall experience was awesome and the pay was incredible.
Pros
Enjoyable experience all around
Great Place to Work Like Family There
Dock Worker/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  MIJanuary 21, 2016
I Told you Its Like family, the hard part of the day is the rush when the last shipment arrives. The begin of the day when everyone goes over the load plans/ and safety fact of the day. While your working you can easily communicate with each person(s) via radio hand held.
Pros
part time
Cons
no breaks
Terrific place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 10, 2016
My co-workers quickly became a second family to meet. There is a great work environment and everyone works together to get the job done and make the customers happy.
Pros
Free lunches about every two weeks.
Cons
None.
productive
DOCK WORKER (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILJanuary 7, 2016
good people to work for. good pay. would recommend others learned a lot good co workers hard working people. asdvdghnfhndfgnbsdxcvsdggfngfndfndf
ok job
Dock - Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INDecember 13, 2015
It was a gray job for working at the age of sixteen i was able to make great money and work hours that were desirable for me at that time in my life
funand comfortable enviroment to work in
dock worker (Current Employee) –  crest hill ilOctober 19, 2015
great enviroment
good company to work for
managers are great and understanding
no hard parts of the job
meeting new people
The people are the best asset
Office Manager/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILSeptember 15, 2015
A great place to work if you are just looking for a job to go to everyday. The culture is wonderful and the management is very understanding and welcoming. The only downside is there is only so much room for advancement.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
advancement opportunities are lacking
ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  desplaines,ilAugust 24, 2015
typical day at work can be fun or hard depending on the route and customers and weather but over all is always interesting
Dayton
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 3, 2015
My typical work day would consist of loading and un-loading trailers, making sure the freight would go to the right location after leaves the initial trailer.
Cons
Hours, no advancement
Great place to work for part-time.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 29, 2015
Very good place to work for part-time students. Fast paced work makes hours go by quickly. Sadly, little room for advancement.
Pros
Great Pay, Flexible
Cons
Little chance for advancement
steady work
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Stickney, ILJune 7, 2015
good place to work for , loading and unloading trucks friendly people to work with , and good raises ,drove all day on forklift drivers on time for drop offs and pick up
Pros
friendly people
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dayton Freight Lines, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Dayton Freight Lines, Inc. Reviews by Location