Dayton Superior Corporation Employee Reviews

Great People, company going through growing pains
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 15, 2017
Great people are employed at Dayton Superior. A real pleasure to work with. Coming from outside of the industry I have learned a tremendous amount about the construction industry, concrete construction products and marketing of these products.

The company and management are at a mile stone in respect to their size. Work needs to be done to build the organization and its processes so that are scale-able to meet the growth goals they want to achieve.
Bad management
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tremont, PAJanuary 31, 2017
The place was a good company to work for at one time...but now they take advantage of u make u work on weekends denied vacation days now it's a miserable place to work...they take u off your job bid and transfer other employees in to do your job the union is a joke they do nothing for you unless your good friends with them out side of work or a relative only a 20 min break and a 5 min break wether u work 8,10,or 12 hrs do very little training for the job in the last year employees that were here for 20 plus year are leaving bc management
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Bad management
Great place to work. Everyday was a new day, customer.
Sr account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Need a part time driving job. Retired last year after 31 years in construction business. Sales and deliveries.

Looking for driving job to stay busy.
Pros
Loved meeting and making sales and friends with my customers.
Cons
No cons
CRSI approved epoxy coater steel manufacturing
Paving Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSNovember 1, 2016
As Paving Manager I overseen all aspect of manufacturing and producing a quality product with an on time delivery record of 98%.
I generated and maintained production schedules for the five areas required to build expansion joints for concrete highways. I chaired a manufacturing meeting every morning with the customer service representatives from three different locations. I have been trained and have experience implementing 5S and Lean manufacturing. I have 23 years experience as a supervisor in a union shop. I started on the production floor working my way to division manager through hard work and dedication to our customers.
Pros
Travel worked with state inspectors loved running the division
Cons
no time for home life in paving season on the phone all time and days
Nightmare employer
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioJuly 16, 2016
Too many warning signs to list. Business is being window dressed to sell. No real executives. The company uses games and fear to drive people and mistakes happen. Critical product failures over recalls are a sign of mistakes and unqualified people in senior leader positions . CFO seems like the only reasonable executive.
Pros
Great sales reps
Cons
No real way to fix problems.
great place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 8, 2015
was a great place to work good people good management.i did a lot of different jobs there and exceeded at all of them.i am a hard worker,love be around good people,dont no what else to say.
Pros
30 mintue lunch break, two 15 mintue breaks, great benfits
Cons
loved working there no cons
coworker are great
Recieving/Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 2, 2015
Coworker are good. easy to talk to. A lot of problem solving. I have learned to look deeper into each issue. The hardest thing about my job is searching where to apply overages
full time worker
supposed to been machine operator (Former Employee) –  kankakee,ilAugust 19, 2015
its was the worst place ive worked i had just started had too full days but the other days i was sent home by lunch which is 11:00/11:30. but then i asked if i could go to 3rd shift my supervisor called the temp services i worked for and terminated my assignment. my work ethnics was fine and i did everything they asked of me plus i didnt complain about goimg home so early. my coworkers told me about third shift and i was interested cause i had just got laid-off from my previous job and i enjoyed working third shift. i thought it was wrong and very unprofessional to say the least. i guess i wasnt part of there little boys club sorry i was there to work and work my butt off.
Pros
work wasnt bad
Cons
favoritism was too much
My job at Dayton Superior allowed my wife and me to raise set of twin boys and our daughter who are now grown and out on their own and we are greatf
forklift operator, shipping/receiving (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 22, 2014
First is the understanding that I had 37 years and 5 months of service and going through 9 years of downsizing , then I lost my job due to downsizing 1-31 2014. Typical day was a very fast pace.Management was good in the beginning when downsizing started , not good because of fear of job loss. Co-workers it was the same. Hardest part of job was hearing the drama daily when downsizing started. What I learned is to stay away from drama and gossip and focus on my job
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
9 years of downsizing
Another screwed up company
B2b collector (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove ilJune 20, 2014
Managers are mean. Human resources are back stabbing and do not tell the truth. This place is a revolving door that fire employees constantly.
Pros
Pay is alright while it last
Cons
Too many to list
Great Internship!
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 20, 2014
I had a great internship at Dayton Superior Corporation. The Dayton Superior Corporation gave me the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects. Also, the pay was very good for internship position. I made $16 per hour for the summer that I worked there.
Pros
Great Experience, Good Compensation
Cons
It was very grey...
Very productive and fun workplace
Inside Sales/Tilt-Up Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2014
Dayton Superior was the job of my dreams. I loved the people I worked with, the travel and the customers I dealt with on a daily basis. My relationship with my customers was definitely a great part of the daily routine.
Pros
Travel
former employee
shipping/receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  rialtoJanuary 17, 2014
this company is a horrible place to work for.. the management is horrible and hr does not protect employees
Like woking in hell
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove VillageJanuary 4, 2014
I wouldn't work for this company or would I won't recommend this place to anyone they are so racial profilers I got let go cause the first shift supervisor was a a hole
Fun environment, relaxed workplace, easy going co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL 60901August 21, 2012
I was a customer service representative for Dayton Superior Corporation. I took customer calls regarding quotes and ultimately sales orders. Maintained customer satisfaction throughout. My co-workers were very easy to maintain relationships with. The hardest part of the job was when there was down time. I prefer to be kept busy. I usually found tasks that would occupy my time if I had to customer calls to attend to. The company was easy going and a fun corporation to work for.
Pros
occasionally management would buy lunch, easy atmosphere
Cons
down time. i feel it wasn't busy enough for me at times.
Great Company
Dealer Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 9, 2012
Loved being able to grow from within.
Learned something new everyday.
Great customers to deal with.
Great coworkers- no career path, no advancement
Manager of Sales Planning (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 21, 2012
Company has a wonderful team atmosphere- unfortunately, there is not much upward mobility, nor is there career development for those employees who want to expand their knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dayton Superior Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9