DAYTON SUPERIOR Employee Reviews in United States

productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 1, 2016
it was a fast paced work. I learned how to run a line right how to read work orders and make labels. I also was fork lift certified. the co workers were good people to work with.
its ok
maintenance (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 21, 2016
good place to work most people are good the pay is good, the hrs. are just not good for me, and my family it is close to my home , my supervisor is good , the general work environment could be better.
Pros
the pay
Cons
hrs.
Good place to work.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2016
The people you work with are great.
The money is not bad but not great either.
The management is very good to the people that work there.
The Corp. office is a different story.
Over all a good place to work. It has some draw backs but every place will have something that could be better.
Pros
The people and Management
Cons
They tend to keep people employed as temps for a couple of years.
Very fast pace work enviroment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 17, 2015
Fast pace. team environment. Company set up operational excellence program in place. 5 S production floor . Kanbon . streamed line production floor.
Love it
Shipping Department Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 11, 2015
Order pulling and making sure the other warehouses get the right Material. A typical day at work was loading trucks and flatbeds. The enjoyable was working with all my co-workers.
Productive and unorganized
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 10, 2015
This company is a very unorganized establishment supervisors do not communicate with employees on a daily bases through out the shift, management is not up to speed with operations on the floor, the front office staff was great anything you needed they were on it as soon as possible. The best part of working with this company was the benefits that were offered.
Good People
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 17, 2015
First shift hours are great, don't be expected to be hired on full time if you begin as a temp. I worked there just a short two months. I held perfect attendance zero tardies, and help good production, learning quickly.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Dirty Enviroment
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Punch Press Setter Operator / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 1, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. Room for advancement, great co-worker with team work in place. approachable managers and reliable hours.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Short break
it was a dirty environment, and the workers and supervisors were not reprectful
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 26, 2015
Assembled 70 pound rebar baskets while a welder came around and welded them, then stacked them. Checked the quality of them to make sure they could withstand the concrete. Management and the coworkers were not respectful to any new workers at all. That was the hardest part of the job was trying to get along with them, and also constant lifting of 70 pounds 600 times a day. The best part was that it was so fast paced, you had to have the part assembled before the welder came around which was in about one minute.
Not a good place to work...at all!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 11, 2015
This place is a mess. The machines are all dirty, the floors are all dirty, even the bathrooms are all dirty.

I have to work with old machines all day with little direction from management. I get fused at by the superintendent when my machine breaks down and I can't keep it running. People are treated differently. I enjoy my co-workers as they are trying hard to make their machine run too.

The pay is horrible for what I am asked to do.

My soupervisor constantly complains and has been saying he is going to quit for at least the past 6 months.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
This is not a good thing to do!!!!!!
welder weld (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILNovember 5, 2014
My skill-set and industry expertise are comprehensive and up-to-date. I make it my top priority to see that responsibilities are done well and efficiently. My career has also seen its share of high and lows; I have enclosed my resume for your consideration.
Pros
i do love welding been told it show
Cons
i do like being rush
not organized
shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 21, 2014
just chaos,no organization lack of communication no chance for advancement an the pay is low
Fast Paced, no nonsense work environment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 22, 2014
At Dayton Superior, I'm constantly learning different machines to help the company produce more. My supervisor is good at his job and makes sure everyone is constantly being productive. My co-workers also help with teaching me things that i may not be familiar with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the elements. It can get extremely hot in the facility while you are wearing your safety gear. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. They are always looking out for each other and they help take some of the pressure from the management away
Cons
no social life
stay away
AR Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 9, 2014
Managers are very poor and Human resources is even worse and will not help in the least. Pushed hard to work by incompetent, and very arrogant managers.
Pros
benifits and pay are alright.
Cons
not treated fairly by egotistical managers
not a nice place to work
current employee (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 16, 2014
This company is a joke from top to bottom you have no possibility to move past where they place you. Management are the worst that you will ever see you only get one break for 30 minutes the pay does not match the work. Anything you hear positive about this company was written by management.Most Dayton Superior locations are union not this one and the make sure you know it, they try everything to fire people even lie this is the one company that you should stay away from
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Decent employer
Working Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 8, 2014
I have learned more indepth of supply chain management, such as the indepth look look into the issues
Fun work environment, ability to learn alot
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 20, 2013
I worked 1st shift while at Dayton. First shift was from 6am -2pm. I learned a lot of good mechanical skills and acquired a lot of good experience in managing other employees. Management did not demonstrate good communication skills. My co-workers tended be fast learners and responded well to instruction. The hardest part of the job I would say was the problems caused due to the lack of communication between management and their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to constantly push myself and learning new things as I moved through the facility.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
physically demanding
Great Work Enviormet
Machine Operator-Duties (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 15, 2013
Dayton Superior Consisted of working with things for bridges and diffrent heavy duty things. i hated I had to leave here also.
Productive and great place to work
Warehouse/Yard worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2013
Typically busy, great management staff and thriving environment with the ability to learn.
heavy duty equipment operator
Heavy Duty Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 8, 2013
crane operator, certified fork lift operator- management was good - coworkers were great

2.7