Dayton Superior Employee Reviews

Has good benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 21, 2017
Its a good company to work for. Fast paced. Easy work once you you get the hang of the machines. Did a lot of training. Management not the best. A lot of favoritism. Working 6 days a week with one day off did get tiring here and there.
At the end of the day we were all a team.
An alright workplace with a lot of overtime.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMay 22, 2017
An okay job with okay training and okay leads. Tell you they want you to learn something and then when you try to do that then they don't let you so you don't get trained on something that they said you need to be trained on before you can get hired on.
n/a
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brandywine, MDJanuary 30, 2017
Refurbish concrete forming equipment
Take appropriate count on all inventory items and prepare items for shipping
Evaluate returned items to determine efficiency of hardware
Inspect heavy machinery to determine operation for daily use
Make a load plan and strategically place items on truck for shipping
productive and fast paced
Press Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILNovember 16, 2016
It was a pleasure working with Dayton.Kept me busy through the day.Loved that they have a gym, on my break times i would spend my time there. Management team was an incredible team.
Fork Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 24, 2016
Loaded and unloaded trucks and counted returns and kept the yard clean and in order cleaned forms. There is a high management turn over. Co workers got along the majority of the time. The hardest part of the job was working in the cold and rain. the most enjoyable part of the job was I got to work outside during the summer.
Pros
Bar B Que's
Cons
Communication
Great Company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2016
I worked for this company for two years as a Customer Service Representative. My overall experience was good. I enjoyed the people whom I worked with, both at my facility as well as at other locations. I also enjoyed the fast-paced environment and interacting with customers. My only complaint was management, but my situation was isolated - I do not believe that this was an issue across the board. The most challenging part of the job for me was learning about ALL of the products and at times keeping up with the workload, but that was also one of the aspects that I really enjoyed. The company invests in training their employees (which was great). I didn't feel like there was much room for growth in my position, however there may have been and I just wasn't aware.
Hard work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 10, 2016
It's pretty hot in the peak of the season inside of the factory. You have to wear welder Jackets. Keep up with your production number. File orders. Heavy lifting. your're dealing with steel. good people to work atleast for me im pretty easy going. 12hrs day and a lot of standing required.
Pros
Paid lunches, 401k, insurance, sick days
Cons
Short break, hot, Heavy lifting, layoffs
productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 1, 2016
it was a fast paced work. I learned how to run a line right how to read work orders and make labels. I also was fork lift certified. the co workers were good people to work with.
its ok
maintenance (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 21, 2016
good place to work most people are good the pay is good, the hrs. are just not good for me, and my family it is close to my home , my supervisor is good , the general work environment could be better.
Pros
the pay
Cons
hrs.
Good place to work.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2016
The people you work with are great.
The money is not bad but not great either.
The management is very good to the people that work there.
The Corp. office is a different story.
Over all a good place to work. It has some draw backs but every place will have something that could be better.
Pros
The people and Management
Cons
They tend to keep people employed as temps for a couple of years.
Very fast pace work enviroment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 17, 2015
Fast pace. team environment. Company set up operational excellence program in place. 5 S production floor . Kanbon . streamed line production floor.
Love it
Shipping Department Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 11, 2015
Order pulling and making sure the other warehouses get the right Material. A typical day at work was loading trucks and flatbeds. The enjoyable was working with all my co-workers.
Productive and unorganized
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 10, 2015
This company is a very unorganized establishment supervisors do not communicate with employees on a daily bases through out the shift, management is not up to speed with operations on the floor, the front office staff was great anything you needed they were on it as soon as possible. The best part of working with this company was the benefits that were offered.
Good People
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 17, 2015
First shift hours are great, don't be expected to be hired on full time if you begin as a temp. I worked there just a short two months. I held perfect attendance zero tardies, and help good production, learning quickly.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Dirty Enviroment
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Punch Press Setter Operator / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 1, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. Room for advancement, great co-worker with team work in place. approachable managers and reliable hours.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Short break
it was a dirty environment, and the workers and supervisors were not reprectful
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 26, 2015
Assembled 70 pound rebar baskets while a welder came around and welded them, then stacked them. Checked the quality of them to make sure they could withstand the concrete. Management and the coworkers were not respectful to any new workers at all. That was the hardest part of the job was trying to get along with them, and also constant lifting of 70 pounds 600 times a day. The best part was that it was so fast paced, you had to have the part assembled before the welder came around which was in about one minute.
Not a good place to work...at all!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 11, 2015
This place is a mess. The machines are all dirty, the floors are all dirty, even the bathrooms are all dirty.

I have to work with old machines all day with little direction from management. I get fused at by the superintendent when my machine breaks down and I can't keep it running. People are treated differently. I enjoy my co-workers as they are trying hard to make their machine run too.

The pay is horrible for what I am asked to do.

My soupervisor constantly complains and has been saying he is going to quit for at least the past 6 months.
Pros
Non
Cons
everything
This is not a good thing to do!!!!!!
welder weld (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILNovember 5, 2014
My skill-set and industry expertise are comprehensive and up-to-date. I make it my top priority to see that responsibilities are done well and efficiently. My career has also seen its share of high and lows; I have enclosed my resume for your consideration.
Pros
I do love welding been told it show
Cons
I do like being rush
not organized
shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 21, 2014
just chaos,no organization lack of communication no chance for advancement an the pay is low
Fast Paced, no nonsense work environment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 22, 2014
At Dayton Superior, I'm constantly learning different machines to help the company produce more. My supervisor is good at his job and makes sure everyone is constantly being productive. My co-workers also help with teaching me things that i may not be familiar with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the elements. It can get extremely hot in the facility while you are wearing your safety gear. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. They are always looking out for each other and they help take some of the pressure from the management away
Cons
No social life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dayton Superior. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7