DAYTON SUPERIOR

DAYTON SUPERIOR United States Employee Reviews

it was a dirty environment, and the workers and supervisors were not reprectful
Assembler (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 26, 2015
Assembled 70 pound rebar baskets while a welder came around and welded them, then stacked them. Checked the quality of them to make sure they could withstand the concrete. Management and the coworkers were not respectful to any new workers at all. That was the hardest part of the job was trying to get along with them, and also constant lifting of 70 pounds 600 times a day. The best part was that it was so fast paced, you had to have the part assembled before the welder came around which was in about one minute.
Not a good place to work...at all!
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Braselton, GAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: everything
This place is a mess. The machines are all dirty, the floors are all dirty, even the bathrooms are all dirty.

I have to work with old machines all day with little direction from management. I get fused at by the superintendent when my machine breaks down and I can't keep it running. People are treated differently. I enjoy my co-workers as they are trying hard to make their machine run too.

The pay is horrible for what I am asked to do.

My soupervisor constantly complains and has been saying he is going to quit for at least the past 6 months.
THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING TO DO!!!!!!
welder weld (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: i do love welding been told it show
Cons: i do like being rush
My skill-set and industry expertise are comprehensive and up-to-date. I make it my top priority to see that responsibilities are done well and efficiently. My career has also seen its share of high and lows; I have enclosed my resume for your consideration.
not organized
shipping and receiving (Current Employee), Braselton, GAOctober 21, 2014
just chaos,no organization lack of communication no chance for advancement an the pay is low
Fast Paced, no nonsense work environment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILJune 22, 2014
Cons: no social life
At Dayton Superior, I'm constantly learning different machines to help the company produce more. My supervisor is good at his job and makes sure everyone is constantly being productive. My co-workers also help with teaching me things that i may not be familiar with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the elements. It can get extremely hot in the facility while you are wearing your safety gear. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. They are always looking out for each other and they help take some of the pressure from the management away
stay away
AR Representative (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: benifits and pay are alright.
Cons: not treated fairly by egotistical managers
Managers are very poor and Human resources is even worse and will not help in the least. Pushed hard to work by incompetent, and very arrogant managers.
not a nice place to work
current employee (Current Employee), Braselton, GAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This company is a joke from top to bottom you have no possibility to move past where they place you. Management are the worst that you will ever see you only get one break for 30 minutes the pay does not match the work. Anything you hear positive about this company was written by management.Most Dayton Superior locations are union not this one and the make sure you know it, they try everything to fire people even lie this is the one company that you should stay away from
Decent employer
Working Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 8, 2014
I have learned more indepth of supply chain management, such as the indepth look look into the issues
Fun work environment, ability to learn alot
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Braselton, GANovember 20, 2013
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: physically demanding
I worked 1st shift while at Dayton. First shift was from 6am -2pm. I learned a lot of good mechanical skills and acquired a lot of good experience in managing other employees. Management did not demonstrate good communication skills. My co-workers tended be fast learners and responded well to instruction. The hardest part of the job I would say was the problems caused due to the lack of communication between management and their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to constantly push myself and learning new things as I moved through the facility.
Great Work Enviormet
Machine Operator-Duties (Former Employee), Braselton, GAOctober 15, 2013
Dayton Superior Consisted of working with things for bridges and diffrent heavy duty things. i hated I had to leave here also.
Productive and great place to work
Warehouse/Yard worker (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2013
Typically busy, great management staff and thriving environment with the ability to learn.
heavy duty equipment operator
Heavy Duty Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INSeptember 8, 2013
crane operator, certified fork lift operator- management was good - coworkers were great
Excellent Administration
Lead Epoxy Technician (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: lunch parties once a month
Cons: long hours during peak season
Great environment to work in, upper management and administration are very involved with all the employees and informed on all aspects of the production line
great fun work
Welder/ Pack & Ship (Former Employee), Oregon, ilJune 25, 2013
great crew, no slackers. hard work is rewarded. no forced overtime. you will work hard but it is worth it.
Nice free lunch!
Mold Maker (Former Employee), RialtoMarch 24, 2013
Mold Makers beware! 45 degrees in the winter 115 in the summer with no air or heating. This shop is dirty and the noise level so high you cant hear yourself think, a simple task will be a nightmare. Management is the worst and will make you take responsibility for their worst decisions and fire you a week before Christmas no matter how good you are. The two that manage you will always talk down to you and let you know your job is on the line on a daily basis. I hear other dayton superior locations are ok to work for but stay away from this one in Rialto!!!!
Casual atmosphere, professional services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 23, 2012
A great job with opportunity for advancement. I learned a great deal about concrete and masonry reinforcement, and construction in general.
Good maintenance team
Journeyman Maintenance Machinist/ Mechanic (Former Employee), Riverbank, CAJuly 24, 2012
Good company to work for . I built from blue prints a new powder coating line plus maintained older equipment. Worked mostly in machineshop and also fabrication dept.
Very great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Braselton, GAMay 7, 2012
i really loved my job there. everyone was a big help to one another.